Siren (Umbrella Academy 7.5)

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Madelina Hargreeves, 7.5, is Vanya's twin. As far as she knows, she's completely ordinary; just like her twin... More

Aesthetics
Character Descriptions
Playlist
02. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part Two)
03. Run Boy Run (Part One)
04. Run Boy Run (Part Two)
05. Extra Ordinary
06. Man on the Moon
07. Number Five (Part One)
08. Number Five (Part Two)
09. The Day That Wasn't
10. The Day That Was
11. I Heard a Rumor
12. Changes
13. The White Violin (Part One)
14. The White Violin (Part Two)
Sir Reginald Hargreeves' Journal
The Accident
First Date
"So, Madelina Hargreeves..."
Madelina and August's Playlist
Family of Three
Heartbreak
Welcome, Saraya Alexandra Wright
Luther and Madelina
Diego and Madelina
Allison and Madelina
Klaus and Madelina
Five and Madelina
Ben and Madelina
Vanya and Madelina
Book 2

01. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part One)

10.1K 189 89
By TheQuietHufflepuff

"On the 12th hour of the first day of October in 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible."

Sir Reginald walked up to a woman in a wheelchair holding twin girls. "Extraordinary! How much do you want for them?"

He got eight of them.

Thirty Years Later

Madelina was working on a sympathy card for a friend of hers whose husband was ill. It was a hobby she did.

August came into the room with Saraya who was sucking her thumb.

"Did you see the news?" August asked.

Madelina shook her head. "No, I've been focused on this. Shouldn't you be getting ready to go to the hospital?"

"I've got a some time." He turned on the TV.

Madelina noticed the banner at the bottom of the screen mention something about her father's death.

She set her art stuff down and focused on the TV. "I have to go back."

"To the house? Madi, are you sure? You haven't been back since you left that place."

"I'm positive. I think I can handle it myself, but just in case--"

"I'm only a call away."

She smiled and kissed her husband. "I love you."

"I love you, too. What about Saraya?"

"I'll take her. You need to get ready for your shift."

Saraya held her hands out to her mother and Madelina smiled. "Hi, baby. We're gonna go see where Mommy grew up."

August ordered a taxi for Madelina and when it arrived, she climbed in and was driven to her old home.

She noticed another cab outside the academy, wondering which one of her siblings had arrived.

Madelina walked inside to see Vanya. "Hey, V."

Vanya turned and smiled. "Hey, M. Hi, Saraya. You're getting so big! You're looking more and more like your mom every day. You're gonna be beautiful."

Saraya hid her face into her mom's jacket, not liking the sudden attention. She was at the age where she was incredibly attached to her parents; especially her mother.

"How's your music going?"

"Good. Really good. How's married life? What have you been up to?"

"I'm making cards for people. Married life is good. August is busy at the hospital. I mean, he is a doctor, but yeah. Life is good. Any potential love interests?"

Vanya shook her head. "No, none that have worked out. I guess I wasn't so lucky in the love department."

Madelina placed a hand on her twin's shoulder. "V, there's someone out there for you. Trust me. It just takes some time to find them."

"You found August pretty quick."

"Well, I nearly froze to death in that lake and he saved my life, then asked me out. Believe me when I say you'll find someone, Vanya. Okay?"

Vanya nodded. "Okay."

Klaus walked into the room and embraced both women. "My favorite twins!"

Saraya let out an annoyed cry and Klaus stepped away and studied the little girl. "How old is she?"

"Almost seven months," Madelina replied. "Klaus, this is Saraya. Sari, this is your uncle Klaus."

Klaus smiled and cleared his throat. "Right. I'm supposed to tell you we've got a family meeting."

"A family meeting, huh? Well, that already sounds like a recipe for disaster."

Klaus chuckled lightly. "Come on. Everyone's in the drawing room."

"Drawing room? When did you become so posh?"

"Pish posh, I'm Master Klaus Hargreeves."

"Lead the way, Master Hargreeves."

Vanya laughed softly. "You two were always the comedic duo."

Madelina smiled. "And we're the normal twins."

The three of them made their way to the drawing room and sat down.

Allison walked up to Madelina and smiled at Saraya. "Hi, sweetie. I'm your Aunt Allison."

Saraya studied Allison and started playing with her curls.

Diego looked up from his spot. "Cute kid."

Madelina smiled. "Thanks, Di. Her name's Saraya."

Diego's normally hard expression softened as he looked at the little girl.

Luther stood. "If we're all ready, I'd like to get started. Madi, why is--"

Madelina cut him off. "No sitter and August had to work. Don't worry. She can't talk and interrupt. So, why don't you explain why we're all here."

"Dad died."

"I saw the news."

"Right. So, I figured we could hold the funeral at Dad's favorite spot."

"Dad had a favorite spot?" Allison asked with a frown.

Luther looked between his siblings, confused at their expressions. "Yeah, you know, under the oak tree. We used to sit there all the time. You guys never did that?"

Klaus shook his head. "No, Luther. None of us ever got to have playtime with our dear old daddy. That was just you."

Klaus walked towards the couch, a glass of whisky in one hand and a joint in the other. He sat at the empty end of the couch, next to Saraya who started playing with the robe he was wearing.

Madelina moved Saraya to the other side, so she'd be further from her uncle's joint.

Klaus frowned. "It's just a little joint."

"Yeah, and she's a near-seven-month-old baby, Klaus. I don't need her getting high. God knows what that could do to her."

"Will there be refreshments?" Klaus asked, turning back to Luther. "Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a favorite."

Luther shot him a look. "What? No. And put that out. You know Dad didn't allow smoking in here. Madi's right. It's dangerous for a baby."

Madelina sighed. "Look, Luther, Dad isn't here. The joint helps Klaus. Leave him be."

Klaus nodded. "Yeah, Luther. Leave me be."

Allison frowned, seeing Klaus' outfit. "Is that my skirt?"

Klaus looked down at the skirt. "What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the bits." He gestured to his crotch.

Madelina sighed.  "And there he goes again."

Luther changed the subjects, wringing them back in. "Listen up. We still have some important things that we need to discuss, all right?"

"Like what?" Diego asked gruffly.

"Like the way he died."

"And here we go."

"Diego..." Madelina warned.

Vanya's brow furrowed. "I-I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack."

Madelina nodded. "That's what Greg was saying. Uh, Dr. Greg Leitz. That's what he told August."

Luther nodded. "Yeah, according to the coroner and I guess Dr. Leitz."

"Well, wouldn't they know?" Vanya asked.

"Theoretically."

"Theoretically?" Allison repeated.

Almost instantly, Luther became defensive. "Look, I'm just saying that at the very least, something strange happened. The last time I talked to Dad, he sounded strange."

Klaus shifted slightly, taking a sip of his alcohol and gargled. "Oh. Quelle surprise."

Diego eyed Luther suspiciously. "Strange how?"

"Told me I should be careful who I trust..."

Diego stood from his spot next to the fire. "Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles."

"No, he must have known something was going to happen."

Madelina shook her head. "No, I doubt it. Unless he could've seen the future, he couldn't have known."

Luther zoned in on Klaus. "Look, I know you don't like to do it, but I need you to talk to Dad."

Klaus scoffed sarcastically. "I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like, "Dad, could you just stop playing tennis with Hitler for a moment and take a quick call?"

"Since when? That's your thing."

"I'm not in the right... Frame of mind."

Allison narrowed her eyes. "You're high?"

Klaus laughed, waving his hand. "Yeah. I mean, how are you not, listening to this nonsense?"

Madelina looked between her brothers. "Luther, you know how much he hates doing his thing."

Saraya curled herself onto Madelina's lap and she wrapped a gentle tight arm around her daughter.

Luther pursed his lips. "Fine, whatever. But then there's the issue of the missing monocle?"

Diego rolled his eyes. "Who gives a shit about a stupid monocle?"

"Luther, it would seem," Madelina replied.

Luther ignored her and looked at Diego. "Exactly. It's worthless. So whoever took it, I think it was personal. Someone close to him. Someone with a grudge."

Madelina eyed Diego, seeing a nervous look in his eye. She'd always had an eye for detail and was able to notice things others didn't always see right away.

As Madelina bounced her daughter on her knee, she asked, "Why would anyone take the monocle? I understand it could be used or a keepsake, but stealing? Luther, that seems a little far-fetched."

"You're putting words into my mouth, Madi," Luther replied.

"Am I? Because for all we know, you could've taken the monocle yourself. You were the closest to Dad."

"I didn't take his monocle."

Klaus laughed and asked, "Where are you even going with this?"

Diego met Klaus' eyes. "Oh, isn't it obvious, Klaus? He thinks one of us killed Dad."

"You do," Klaus realized.

"How could you think that?" Vanya asked.

Madelina's eyes narrowed. "Luther, we all hated the guy, except you it would seem, but we would never kill the man."

"Good job, Luther," Diego said. "Way to lead."

The siblings got up and as Klaus stood, he said, "You're crazy, man. You're crazy."

"I'm not finished," Luther protested.

"I'm going to murder Mom," Klaus replied sarcastically.

"That's not what I was saying. I didn't--"

"Touch Mom and I'll have some words for you," Madelina retorted.

"Relax, Madi."

Madelina walked out of the room and walked around the house, showing it to Saraya.

"In five, four, three, two... This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not six hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

From the roof of another building, Sir Reginald watched as the Umbrella Academy took out the robbers.

"Why can't we go play with the others?" Vanya asked.

Madelina nodded. "Yeah, Dad. I want to help save lives."

"We've been through this before, Numbers Seven and Seven.Five. I'm afraid there's just nothing special about you two."

He glanced at them and the teen girls looked down.

"Oh," the twins said simply.

They watched as Sir Reginald spoke to the crowd.

Vanya took Madelina's hand, both supporting herself and her sister. Madelina had always been a little more in tune with her emotions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 58 18
SEASON 1 Book 1 . . . " promise me you'll never leave again, five.." eight started to soft sob, as she remember what happened last time. Holding th...
20K 496 27
A mafia family go against a broken family. Spoiler: they don't. ------ Started: 22.08.2020 Finished: 04.01.2021 The Umbrella Academy belongs to it's...
102K 3K 23
"I don't need faith in any more people, the ones I have faith in right now are enough." "And who exactly are those people?" "Let me see: Diego's gone...
5.7K 263 8
The Hargreeves siblings and Eudora show up in a room after Five's reappearance. To their surprise Ben is alive and well and aged to thirty like the r...