My Sunshine (Rosé x Reader) C...

By midnightclub34

You, an ordinary person, meet Rosé by accident, completely unaware of who she is - and she prefers it that wa... More

01 - Lifesaver
02 - Angel Unmasked
03 - Daydreams
04 - Rise and Shine
05 - Revelation
06 - Harsh Words
07 - The End?
08 - "Not A Date"
09 - Closer
- DREAM I -
12 - Concert
13 - At Long Last
14 - Protect You
15 - Drifting
16 - Think About You
17 - Deadly Duo
18 - Scandal
19 - DREAM II
20 - L.O.V.E.
21 - Couple's Retreat
22 - Hawaii
23 - iKONIC Night
24 - Stay With Me
25 - Free Falling
26 - Comatose
27 - Goodbye My Love
28 - One Last Time
29 - DREAM III
30 - My Sunshine
Announcement
Alternate Ending
Alternate Ending - Rosie's Letter

10 - Karaoke Night

10.6K 351 279
By midnightclub34

The next few days passed without you hearing anything from Rosie. You didn't really mind, since she told you YG sometimes took their phones when their schedule was was busy. Plus you would see her Friday with Blackpink.

On Thursday morning, you got into work just to see a girl with dyed hair and heavy makeup glaring at you. Vicky. Great. She was another ESL teacher from America around your age, but she had been at the school longer. When you arrived you had hoped maybe she could show you around and you could be friends, but she acted like you weren't worth her time - if she didn't ignore you altogether.

Vicky was the worst type of Koreaboo. Now, there was nothing wrong with being into Kpop or Korean culture, but she took it too far. Too far as in doing cringy aegyo to your boss, acting like her BTS "oppars" belonged to her, and just being a bitch in general. She also happened to stan Blackpink.

"You know (y/n), some of us actually take this job seriously" she said, referring to the day you were late.

"Chill Vicky, I already spoke to our boss and we've moved on"

"Well you better hope so, because some people just aren't cut out to make it in Korea. Seriously. Do you even have any Korean friends?"

You chuckled to yourself, not meaning to do it out loud. If only she knew who you were going to karaoke with tomorrow night.

"Is this funny to you (y/n)?"

You didn't care anymore. "Yeah, it is kind of funny"

"Excuse me? So who are these 'friends' anyway?"

You could've just told her to read her shirt, which had Blackpink written across it. "Don't worry about it. Let me get to class before I'm late again."

Thursdays were soccer nights, and Jun had invited you to come play for his University team. After work you got changed for soccer and he picked you up.

"Jun, it's been a while! What's up?"

"Exams dude, thankfully I just finished my last one today. You should be allowed to play for our team even though you don't go to Yonsei University. Let's get to the game. "

It was your first time playing soccer since leaving home, where you had played in college. The scene was a little different here in Seoul, where most people played on small turf courts instead of grass.

Jun introduced you to the boys and girls on the team. "Everyone, this is my friend (y/n) from (y/country)."
You bowed to everyone.

A tall athletic guy stepped forward, "Welcome to the Yonsei University Bluewings! I'm Heechan Son, our captain. Jun has told us good things about you. Let's get ready for the game, today we're playing the Steelers. It won't be easy."

You met the rest of the Bluewings and the game kicked off. The Steelers were dirty, and you weren't used to the rough style. You had gotten kicked down for the third time, and this time it hurt. Jun offered his hand and helped you back up.

"Thanks bro."

"I got your back, let's get em!"

The rest of the game went better and you were ready for the rough tackles. The Steelers were up 3-2 with 5 minutes to go, when Miyeon, one of the girls, played you a pass. You used your speed to run down the wing and cross the ball in for Heechan to score. The final whistle sounded with the game 3-3.

Heechan addressed the team, "We did alright considering they're a dirty team, but we need to work on our defense. Thanks Jun for bringing
(y/n), you did well today mate."

After the game you went to a restaurant for beer and fried chicken with the team. Jun was crazy about fried chicken. You got to know your new team better, they were all friendly and most of them were from the same college.

You got home and got ready for bed. You were grateful to Jun for inviting you to the team, and especially for helping you up when you got knocked down. You were thinking about Karaoke tomorrow night when you remembered what you had told him last time:

"If Rosie invites me over I'll ask if you can come"

The only problem was now you knew Rosie was Rosé, and you had to keep it on the down low. Wait - that meant Jisoo was also Kim Jisoo. Jun's Jisoo. There had to be something you could do for him.

Finally it was Friday afternoon. You and Jun were hanging out at your apartment playing Xbox and talking about all kinds of stuff like college, exams, soccer, and travelling.

"Guess what hyung. Rosie invited me to Karaoke tonight with her friends, and you're coming with me."

"Wtf are you serious!? Why didn't you tell me before!" He punched your shoulder. "That's awesome! I was wondering when you'd tell me about Rosie again, and her friend is Jisoo right?"

"Yeah, plus two others. They'll be here to pick us up soon." You grinned. He was already excited, but it was about to get a lot better.

You got a text that they had arrived to the parking lot underneath your apartment. "Alright, she said they're on Level 2 spot 38 in a silver SUV" You walked over and found the spot where you saw this:

"This is their car? He whispered. This is a Mercedes-Benz GLS 480, these things cost over a hundred thousand dollars." You weren't as surprised as he was to see it, but it was still an amazing ride.

Jennie rolled down the window. You smiled as you saw Rosie's happy face behind her. "Hey, hop in quick before somebody sees!" she said.
You climbed into the back of the luxury SUV and saw all of Blackpink for the first time.

Jun followed slowly behind you, his expression changing from stunned, to confused, to excited and back to stunned. It looked hilarious.

All the girls giggled, looking at you and him. You introduced yourself first."Hi everyone I'm Rosie's friend (y/n). This is my bro Junseop"

"Hi I'm Rosie"
"Hi I'm Jennie"
"Hi I'm Lisa"
"Nyeong-An I'm Jisoo"

When the Nyeong-An hit Jun, he finally realized what he was seeing.
He finally spoke, "And so you are..."

"BLACKPINK!" the 4 girls said together.

"Daeback!! Nice to meet you all... I can't believe this. (Y/n), how the hell did you pull this off??"

On the way to the karaoke bar you filled in Jun with everything that had happened and chatted with the girls. Jennie's mom was driving, and after about 30 minutes the SUV pulled up to a secret location hidden in the back of a mall. Jennie's mom entered a code on the door and everyone walked into the bar. On the inside, everything looked expensive. As you entered the main lobby, you noticed cabinets full of soju and smelled soybean ramen which was already prepared on the counter.

Jennie's mom told everyone that she had booked a private room with food and drinks included. Everyone thanked her and entered the room as she left. You sat down on the plush tuscan leather couch beside Rosie.

Everyone started off with a round of soju shots. You clinked glasses and downed the liquid, remarking at how strong it tasted.

First up was you and Jun singing "Lean On" by Major Lazer. You and your friend weren't professional singers, but the alcohol loosened you up so you were relaxed and singing really well. The girls cheered for you when you were finished and everyone took another round of shots.

Rosie and Jennie got up to sing "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. Before they began singing Rosie started to make excuses about why she wouldn't be at her best, saying that she hadn't prepared and she had drank and so on. You didn't believe her for a second; you had heard her cover of Halsey's "Eyes Closed", so you knew what a good singer she was.

"Come on, no excuses. You're a professional singer, show me what you got" you said with a smile.

Rosé POV

I was startled by (y/n)'s words. Usually everyone praised my unique voice and flattered me constantly, even if I didn't always believe them. Chanyeol especially sucked up to me, one time he even said I had a sexy bedroom voice. Guys always said stuff like that, but (y/n) was putting me in my place and making me prove it. Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo were shocked at the straightforwardness. I was too, but somehow it was also kind of hot.

(Y/N) POV

As Rosie and Jennie sang "My Heart Will Go On" you were mesmerized by their talent. They sounded even better live, Rosie especially. She had the voice of an angel, and her wavy blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders as she sang. There was a certain extra charm to her when she sang, and it made you feel all kinds of emotions.

Meanwhile, Jisoo and Jun were engaged in close conversation. They were so funny together, getting really excited talking about fried chicken. Lisa seemed to want to do the same thing with you - she sat down close and crossed her legs towards you. She had a flirty look and kept giggling about how Rosie had "met such a cutie." Lisa was pretty too, so it was hard not to flirt back.

Rosie finished the song and turned around to see Lisa leaning in close to you as she spoke. Rosie's expression suddenly changed, her eyes narrowing into a frown. She promptly sat down on the other side of you.

"Lisa, why don't you go next?" she said with a pout. Lisa got up in a huff.

She seemed a little tipsy. "Why was Lisa talking to you like that... what was she saying to you?" she asked.

"She just said she wanted to get to know me and stuff, she was asking about my life in (y/country)."

"Hmm. Well, she seemed really reallyy close to youu" she said with slight slurr, leaning up against you.

You noticed it was ironic that Rosie was now doing the same thing. Maybe she was jealous or maybe it was just the soju talking. After a while everyone had taken 3-4 shots and people were starting to feel the effects.

"Oh Rosie, you are really drunk" you heard her mumble to herself beside you. She's so funny and cute, you thought as you suppressed a laugh. Jisoo, Jennie, and June couldn't however and burst out laughing.

"Aw our little Rosie Posie, she's not used to more than 1 drink" Jennie giggled.

"She's too drunk too keep singing. Hey (y/n), come join me for a duet" Lisa said with an alluring smile that was hard to resist. You were considering her offer when Rosie groaned and grabbed your hand. She didn't seem so pleased.

Jun frowned at Lisa. "I don't know if that's a good idea, (y/n) and Rosie are both pretty drunk let's let them sit for a minute".

"Good call, Jun why don't you try a duet with Jisoo?" you proposed, returning the favour.

"Duet! So cool~" Jisoo said happily in her adorable English.

Jun grinned. "Alright Jisoo let's get it."

Rosie looked at you were her big puppy eyes. "Oppa/Unnie, I'm so dizzy. Can I put my head on your shoulder?"

"Feel free."

Rosie rested her head on your shoulder, nuzzling her hair into your neck. You reciprocated and rested your head against hers, and she instinctively cuddled onto your arm. You felt a sudden rush of emotion; you had never been this close to her before, but it was lovely. Her hair was so soft and smelled like fresh flowers. Her perfume was gentle and sweet, just like she was.

Your heart was racing - here was an angelic girl snuggled by your side, her face just inches from yours. She looked up at you with a sleepy smile on her plump lips. All you wanted to do was kiss her, but she was innocent and too drunk so it wouldn't be right to take advantage.

"Love songs are my favorite" Rosie mumbled to nobody in particular, half asleep.

"I bet they are" Jennie said smirking at the sight of you two on the couch.

Everything felt so soft and peaceful. The noise, lights and people around you faded into the background until all you could feel was the weight of Rosie's warm body cuddled up to yours. You drifted off to sleep together, forgetting the world around you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 4.3K 23
"How old are you?" Jennie asked as she started eating. "Guess." Y/N teased her making her let out a sigh. "25" she first guessed which made Y/N shook...
30.7K 770 37
What happens when an investment group based in South Korea purchases football club Athletic Club Bilbao and breaks the 110 year tradition of signing...
70.9K 2K 33
You are an American actor searching for your next film. You weren't expecting to meet someone that would steal your heart. ----- Published 01/22/21...
248K 7.2K 27
Y/N is a 20 year old going to YG Entertainment to audition. How will she react when she finds out the group that she's getting placed in? But most o...