Bittersweet Cafe

By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Owning a cafe that is frequented by many, heroes and civilians alike, isn't easy, but Midoriya didn't really... More

Chapter 1 - Cafe
Chapter 2 - Blue Fire
Chapter 3 - Bird Brain
Chapter 4 - UA
Chapter 5 - Biscuit
Chapter 6 - Dragons, whales and portals
Chapter 7 - Hostage
Chapter 8 - USJ
Chapter 9 - New Friends?
Chapter 10 - Sports Festival
Chapter 11 - Transfer
Chapter 12 - Fire and Explosions
Chapter 13 - Shut the fuck up and listen to me
Chapter 15 - Mr Licky Licky Stabby Stabby
Chapter 16 - More Stained
Chapter 17 - Quirks
Chapter 18 - Confusion

Chapter 14 - Everyone's just a dork

12.3K 599 392
By Kirityu_Ryukaro

"Hey... Iida, is your brother alright?" Midoriya asked, as he placed an iced tea on the table. The students had already decided where they wanted to go for their internships, but there was some news that Tensei had been attacked by Stain, though for some reason, Tensei had been left relatively unharmed.

"He's fine, for the most part." Iida scratched his head, "I visited him. He said that Stain just... paralysed him, said something about him being a good hero and not wanting to harm him, and ran off, saying that the paralysis would wear off soon."

"I mean... that's good, right? You're interning with him, right?" Midoriya grinned, as he served some other customers.

"That is good. I'm just worried that Stain might come back and finish the job." Iida muttered, as Midoriya just shrugged, "Nah. I think he'll be fine. If the Hero Killer let him go once, why bother chasing after him if he could have killed him the first time?"

"You seem awfully casual, talking about people being killed." Shinsou spoke up, looking up from his english homework to butt into the conversation. Midoriya sighed, glancing at his hands briefly, before he turned to go back to the counter. He grabbed himself a drink, before settling down in the seat between Todoroki and Shinsou, "I mean... the world is a crual place. People are getting killed all the time. If you're just going to keep worrying about it... you'll never get anything done."

"True." Todoroki muttered, staring at a picture of Kamihara, as he glanced at Shoji who was right across the table, before swiping to a picture of Tatsuma. Shoji did seem slightly put off, but didn't say anything as he scribbled down another answer for his math homework.

Midoriya just sighed, and leaned back into his chair, bringing up his phone to text Dabi.

"You going to come out, or are you going to continue hiding in the back room?"

His phone beeped.

"You know how I feel about talking to him. I can't face him yet."

Midoriya just rolled his eyes.

"He's not going to kill you, you know. He probably misses you."

Dabi quickly sent a reply.

"I was a coward for running away from home. I told you, I'll talk to him when I'm ready, but not now."

Midoriya sighed again, as Shinsou peered over his shoulder to look at his phone curiously, "Who's that? Girlfriend?"

"Nah. I'm not dating anyone." Midoriya dryly laughed, "Like anyone would want to date someone like me. I'm just texting Dabi."

"Speaking of Dabi... where is he?" Ashido asked, "Like... he's usually around, but ever since Todoroki joined us whenever we come, he just... ups and disappears."

"I mean... it was only the last two times." Uraraka piped up, "Maybe he just has a stomach ache."

"I agree. It is odd. But there isn't enough evidence." Todoroki replied, "Unlike this. Shoji."

"Yes?" Shoji asked, at the mention of his name, as Todoroki flipped his phone around, "Are you Edgeshot and Ryukyu's secret love child?"

Shoji just blinked, and blinked again, before Kaminari, Sero and Ashido burst into laughter.

"What is wrong with you, IcyHot?!" Bakugou snarled, being wary not to swear since Eri and Kota were sitting at the table; Eri was seated between Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu, as Kota was looking at what Kaminari was doing.

"Look at their hairstyles." Todoroki pointed out, "Hair covering the right side of the face, and Ryukyu and Edgeshoy have been seen together on several occasions."

"They're both in the top ten, though." Uraraka said, "It's very possible that they got dispatched together to deal with villains."

"It's just a hairstyle." Shoji muttered, "And they're not my parents."

"Shoji is definately not related to Edgeshot and Ryukyu." Midoriya laughed, "Trust me."

"How can you be so sure?" Todoroki countered, but Midoriya just shrugged, "I can ask them, if you want?"

Iida raised his eyebrow, "You mean, walking up to them in public after they defeat a villain, and ask them in front of the camera? Izuku, you should know better than that!"

"No." Midoriya defended himself, "Like... I can just call them and ask."

Kaminari blinked, "Their agencies?"

"Their private numbers." Midoriya clarified, and Shinsou asked, "And you have their private numbers... why?"

"Because they gave it to me?" Midoriya cocked his head in confusion, "You give other people your phone number too, right? You gave it to me."

"That's because I know you." Shinsou muttered, "You don't just give random people your phone number."

"I mean... he has Aizawa-sensei's number." Jiro spoke up, as Todoroki countered, "But Izuku clearly does know Aizawa-sensei... somehow. But why would he know Ryukyu and Edgeshot?"

"He's friends with Hawks, and he's the number three hero. Why not?" Kirishima shrugged.

Midoriya pulled up Tatsuma's contact, which was named Dragon Lord, and pressed the dial button, setting the phone on speaker mode, "I'm going to call her."

It took a few seconds before Tatsuma picked up her phone, "Hey, Zuku."

"Hey, Ryu... Do you have time for a dumb question?" Midoriya asked, as Tatsuma chuckled, "Depends on how dumb the question is."

"Ryukyu, who's that?" Another feminine voice came was heard, and Midoriya grinned, "Hi, Nejire."

"Oh! Hi Izuku!" Nejire replied, and Tatsuma spoke up, "So... dumb question?"

"You know Todoroki? From 1-A?"

"Yeah. Endeavor's son, right? What about him?"

Midoriya snickered, "He was asking if Shoji was Edgeshot and your secret love child because of your hairstyle, and because you and Edgeshot were seen together."

There was silence on the other end, until both Tatsuma and Nejire burst into laugher. It took them a few seconds to calm down, and Tatsuma spoke up, "Todoroki asked that!? Who knew the son of Endeavor was a conspiracy theorist. He's over there, right? I am most definately not related to Shoji, and while Edgeshot and I do work together on some cases together, we are definately not in a relationship. Also, if Shoji is on the other end, tell him that that we're both rocking these long fringes."

Shoji looked visibly happy that he had gotten a compliment on his hairstyle, as Midoriya grinned, "Yeah, Shoji's here too, and I bet he agrees with you."

"He better! Well... if that's it, I'll need to hang up now. I've got a meeting soon."

"Alright! Thanks Ryu!"

"No problem, Zuku."

Midoriya ended the call, and smiled up at Todoroki, "That's all the proof you need. Satisfied?"

-----------------------

"Hey, mom." Shinsou spoke up, taking off his shoes as he stepped into his flat. Midoriya carefully followed suit, "Sorry for intruding."

A woman with light purple hair walked up to the door, "Hitoshi! And you brought a friend! How nice!"

"Midoriya Izuku." Midoriya introduced himself, as Shinsou's mother smiled, "What a handsome young man."

Much to Shinsou's surprise, Midoriya immediately turned an adorable shade of red in reaction to the compliment, and tried to hide his face in his collar, stammering, "I... I'm not... handsome... Mrs Shinsou."

"Nonsense. No need to be so humble. And call me Mihoko, it'll be easier." Shinsou's mother laughed, as Shinsou drew the attention away from Midoriya, "Anyways, I told you yesterday, he's offering to let me stay over for the week while he helps me with some hero course training, since I just transfered in."

"So, he's a teacher?" Mihoko asked, as Midoriya finally recovered from the praise, and replied, "Ah, no. I'm not a teacher, but I do work at UA. Well, kind of. I'm the school's unofficial quirk advisor. Basically, I just look at the students quirks and help to apply them for more efficient usage."

"Ah..." Mihoko trialed off, before turning to Shinsou, "So... he knows..."

"Yeah." Shinsou nodded, "He's the one that gave me the opportunity to transfer in."

"That's a relief." Mihoko sighed, "I'm so glad you finally found a friend that accepts you, along with your quirk."

Mihoko just smiled brightly at them, "Well, time waits for no man, right? If you're going to be a great hero, you'll need all the training you can get, right? And I'm sure you have a lot to learn. Why don't you get packing; I'll make some tea."

-----------------------

"Man... your mom is so nice." Midoriya sighed, as he sat down on his bed, watching the lavender haired boy place his sleeping bag on the ground, in the corner of the room, "I wish my mom had been as nice as yours."

"Your... mother?" Shinsou asked, confused.

"I'm fine." Midoriya lay down, staring at the ceiling, as Shinsou remained standing. He looked around, peering into the living room, where Eri and Kota sat on the ground, scribbling on some paper, and Dabi just sat next to them, watching, before he asked, "You... want to talk about it, Midoriya?"

"What is there to talk about?" Midoriya asked, "Also... call me Izuku. All of my friends do."

"Alright then. You can call me Hitoshi, too. Anyways... you don't sound like you have too many happy memories with your mother." Shinsou replied, sitting on the ground as he leaned against the wall. There was silence, until Midoriya spoke up again, "Like I said... there is nothing to talk about. She practically abandoned me... left me to die... and then she tried to kill me."

"Oh." Shinsou couldn't think of anything else to say, and desperately tried to change to topic, "So... what's the plan for today? Or are we starting training tomorrow."

Midoriya practically bolted up, "First things first. I need to test your limits, both quirk wise and physically. You're pretty good with your quirks... but you're... scrawny? You're tall and lanky... but, as far as I can tell... you're not really that strong physically. With a quirk like yours, against multiple opponents, you're definately going to have some trouble. You can't rely on your quirk, so you're going to have to learn fight to fight a close range too, since you obviously can't really fight long range."

"Okay. Makes sense." Shinsou stared at his arms, which were relatively thin compared to most of the other students.

"Anyways, just hang around. I'm going to make dinner." Midoriya stood up and stretched, "Anything you want to eat in particular?"

"No... Not really..." Shinsou scratched his neck, as Midoriya smiled, "Well, if you need anything, just find me."

-----------------------

"I'm... exhausted..." Shinsou flopped into the sand, having just completed the training regime that Midoriya had given him, as the green haired boy grinned, "It's only day three. Come on, you're already tired?"

Shinsou was too tired to reply, and the green haired boy passed him a bottle of water, which Shinsou gulped down greedily. It didn't take him too long to finish the water, and Midoriya laughed, before standing up, "Well, come on. We still need to get back for dinner."

"No. I don't want to move." Shinsou groaned, before Midoriya easily picked him up and slung him over his shoulders with no trouble at all.

"Hey! Izuku! Put me down!" Shinsou yelped in surprise, but Midoriya just laughed, "Nope. You're either walking or I'm carrying you back like this."

"I'll walk!" Shinsou groaned, and Midoriya shot him a victorious grin as he put the taller boy down.

"Jeez. You're strong." Shinsou muttered, staring at the smaller boy, who just shot him a cheeky grin.

"So... anyways... I was thinking, we could go to Hosu." Midoriya spoke up, heading back towards the cafe, "There's a noodle shop there that Eri and Kota really like to go to. I think you'll like it too."

"Hosu?" Shinsou asked, "All the way there?"

"Yeah. I don't feel like cooking." Midoriya replied, before he grabbed Shinsou's arm and started dragging him back, "Come on, hurry up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 141 20
πŸŽ‰*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya had a great life with his twin sister until they turn to the age of four when they found out Izuku was quirkless. Izuk...
47.2K 1.2K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
54.8K 1.1K 25
Izuku Midoriya had a dream of being a hero one day. Unfortunately he wasn't born with a quirk to help him on such a path. His life was completely tur...