𝐃𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑 || 𝐕𝐌𝐈𝐍

By dumplingissweet

"You don't have a heart, do you? Jungkook was the one who brought everything together! He was the reason why... More

「 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 」
「 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭 」
「 𝟏 」
「 𝟐 」
「 𝟑 」
「 𝟒 」
「 𝟓 」
「 𝟔 」
「 𝟕 」
「 𝟖 」
「 𝟗 」
「 𝟏𝟎 」
「 𝟏𝟏 」
「 𝟏𝟐 」
「 𝟏𝟒 」
「 𝟏𝟓 」
「 𝟏𝟔 」
「 𝟏𝟕 」
「 𝟏𝟖 」
「 𝟏𝟗 」
「 𝟐𝟎 」
「 𝟐𝟏 」
「 𝟐𝟐 」
「 𝟐𝟑 」
「 𝟐𝟒 」
「 𝟐𝟓 」
「 𝟐𝟔 」
「 𝟐𝟕 」
「 𝟐𝟖 」
「 𝟐𝟗 」
「 𝟑𝟎 」
「 𝟑𝟏 」
「 𝟑𝟐 」
「 𝟑𝟑 」
「 𝟑𝟒 」
「 𝟑𝟓 」
「 𝟑𝟔 」
「 𝟑𝟕 」
38
「 𝟑𝟖 」
「 𝟑𝟗 」
「 𝟒𝟎 」
「 𝟒𝟏 」
「 𝟒𝟐 」
「 𝟒𝟑 」
「 𝟒𝟒 」
「 𝟒𝟓 」
「 𝟒𝟔 」
「 𝟒𝟕 」
「 𝟒𝟖 」
「 𝟒𝟗 」
「 𝟓𝟎 」
Q&A
Q&A (Answers)
bonus- 01
bonus- 02

「 𝟏𝟑 」

6.5K 430 331
By dumplingissweet

Happening was easy.

Remembering a haunting, sorrowful part of his life was also easy.

Forgetting wasn't.

Yes, he might have gotten physically close to Jimin before, but emotionally, he hadn't gotten close to anyone in his life before. Not even his parents.

To them, he was probably the biggest disappointment in their lives.

He had wanted to become an artist, truth be told. Never had he intended to pick up medicine and start his career on something he wasn't interested in. His own father had been a surgeon, and had assures him he was capable of becoming a doctor. He refused.

An argument broke out because at that time his father was at the age of retiring, and Taehyung was still pursing his hopeless dream on becoming an artist. He didn't know he was failing, but never gave up. His mother tried to persuade him...

Tears came to his eyes as he remembered.

That one push.

She went tumbling down the stairs, her already fragile bones shattered by the strength of a man in his teens. A broken rib that punctured her heart.

It was a goner.

Holding his head in his hands, he sobbed. The memory of that, watching his own mother, falling down the stairs haunted him. He didn't want to forgive himself for that sin, ever.

His father, taking his son's blame of killing his spouse, suffered a heart attack from the trauma, and passed away in jail.

He was now alone.

Wasn't that what he'd always wanted? To be free of parents pushing him around to do this and that, and paint without a care?

Now, every time he saw a paintbrush, or a canvas, he would break down. He'd never touched a single art appliance ever again in his life, and soon his once childish dream of becoming an artist faded away in the recesses of his life.

Now his only goal was to fulfil his parents' wishes for him to become a doctor. And not disappoint them any further. After being taken into an orphanage, he was one of the lucky few who stood out for his intelligence, and could go to a university to study.

Then came his job. It was the hardest thing to achieve. How would you like paying for every meal yourself, then counting down on the days you had to go hungry again because you needed to pay rental? And eating the same sandwich for breakfast and dinner for three years straight?

He was yelled at, scorned at, laughed at. But his hard work paid off, and who was looking down on one of the most famous surgeons in Korea now?

Probably Jimin.

The other didn't know a single thing about him. Nor did he about Jimin. Years of hate definitely wasn't easy to just forget, wake up and go on with life as if nothing happened.

But he could if he put his mind to it. He'd been capable of many successful surgeries, and surviving his traumatic childhood. This might now have been as difficult a task as he thought. What he wanted to know was the part after forgetting.

He stood up from his chair, his feet unwittingly making his way to his boss' office already. The door to the bedroom was open.

Jimin lay on the bed, his eyes slightly open, staring out into the cold view the window offered. Taehyung didn't catch the tear streaks that had slid down his face, and had dried up.

"Hey."

"Oh." Jimin looked up, and swallowed. "You're here." He blurted out incoherently.

Taehyung's mind swirled with all the different things he wanted to say.

"What did you mean by forgetting the... hate?"

"Like don't think of it anymore. Start anew. A new chapter in your life."

"What if I don't want to?" Taehyung locked his gaze with Jimin's.

"Please, Taehyung. I can't take it anymore." Jimin was practically pleading, his hazel eyes large and desperate. He really was; he had a nightmare before he woke up, and even though it wasn't the worst, he still hated that feeling. It was almost as if a sudden wave of vulnerability had hit him. "Please." He whispered, his gaze dropping on the floor before him.

"Okay." Taehyung breathed out, and walked out of the room. The other looked up, his eyes glazing over with tears.

- // -

"OH MY GOD MR KIM YOU DID IT!!!" Jungkook screamed, and Taehyung glared at him to shut his flytrap. "Sorry sir." He sheepishly smiled, and Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't know how to act now, though. I'm too used to being cold, silent, demanding... I can't change my ways so quickly." The older confided, troubled by that thought, but the junior patted his back encouragingly. His stomach churned uncomfortably.

"You have my support, as well as Mr Kim's." He jigged exuberantly on the spot. He felt like his parents had finally got back together after a big fight. "Eomma is here." He suddenly whispered, sprinting to his seat and opening a book.

"Huh? Eomma?" Taehyung turned around, confused, only to see Jimin gently closing the door behind him. Seokjin had tried to chase him down the corridor, telling him to go home but gave up anyway.

"Jungbook, are you... reading an upside down book?" Jimin raised an eyebrow, and Jungkook internally screamed at himself.

"Yes, I'm training myself to read upside down so that I will have one more charming aspect of me people will like." He fibbed, sweating.

Jimin just chuckled and sat down.

"Hello." Taehyung softly breathed out, remembering that Jimin was no longer his enemy, just for the sake of the youngest.

"Hello." Jimin looked at him in return. The taller then resumed his work, while Jungkook's internal fanboy couldn't hold in anymore, even if it was the tiniest gesture. He had to let it out.

Sprinting out of the office, causing Jimin and Taehyung to look at him weirdly, he dashed into Seokjin's room.

And found him happily talking to a tall, dimpled man with honey skin and godly body proportions.

"Uh, I, bye good." Jungkook mumbled, slipping out of the room, hearing the tall man laugh at his awkwardness.

"You're Jungkook?" The man walked out of the room, smiling brightly. Jungkook could swear he had found his idol. And finally someone who could say his name correctly. He would forever be Jungcook in Taehyung and Jimin's mind.

"Y-yes sir. T-to nice meet y-you s-sir." He wanted to slap himself for being like this.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, Seokjin's boyfriend." Namjoon extended and hand which Jungkook nervously shook. "I'm a neurosurgeon."

"Do you know Mr Min Yoongi?" Jungkook gasped.

"Of course, he's been my old friend for more than ten years now. Good old chap, that guy." Namjoon chuckled, as Seokjin walked out of the room. "Intelligence always makes up for his height, though. But not in my case."

"Jungbook, I believe you've met my future husband." He gave a pretty grin. "What did you want to tell me?"

"T-Taehyung and J-Jimin, they... they are friends now!" Jungkook exclaimed, his little hands turning into cute fists, jumping on the spot.

Aww, cute, Namjoon thought.

"Really? That's amazing! Tell them no PDA or I'm going to transfer them to Namjoon's department." Namjoon looked at Seokjin, breaking out into a amused smile. "You know I've seen enough PDA between Yoongi and Hoseok."

"Taehyung and Jimin will be different, I believe. They're those type of couples who shamelessly flirt with each other in corridors, exchanging pickup lines then are unafraid to kiss in front of patients-"

"I believe it's time for you to stop talking. Please keep clean, Jungkook." Namjoon painfully smiled, clamping a hand over Seokjin's mouth.

"If I was clean I probably wouldn't have met you, Mr Kim." Jungkook gave a cheeky grin and Seokjin slapped his arm.

"Don't you dare." He threatened.

"Says the guy who is imagining Taehyung and Jimin do PDA." Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"You're sleeping on the grass tonight, Kim Namjoon." Seokjin huffed, strutting into the office.

- // -

"Have you eaten?"

"No..."

"Slept enough?"

"Sure," Jimin, for the first time, laughed at the questions Taehyung was asking. He felt like he was his mother. But Jimin was still sick nonetheless.

"I'll be right back." Taehyung walked out of the door, closing it behind him. Jimin's smile lingered on his face, shaking his head and resuming his work.

In five minutes, Taehyung returned with a cup of coffee and an egg sandwich. "Eat-" But he was cut off by his phone ringing.

Taehyung left to get Jungkook, after being called in to the operating theatre, and Jimin hesitatingly picked up the paper bag, chuckling. He was lying when he said he had eaten.

"Never knew someone could care so much about the tiniest things." He sighed, sipping the coffee.

- // -

"I'll treat you to lunch. Since you bought my breakfast." Jimin insisted, stomping his foot.

"Excuse me, I'm taller-"

"What has height got to do with this?" Jimin whined.

"Everything. That makes me in charge." Taehyung scoffed, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, is that so?" Jimin placed his hands on his hips, menacingly arching an eyebrow. "Let's see."

"Fine fine fine, we take turns." Taehyung couldn't that the smirk on Jimin's face.

Jimin triumphantly walked out the door, a reluctant Taehyung trailing behind him.

Jungkook watched them from afar, giggling in his baby-like laugh. His parents were cute.

- // -

Park Jimin let out a sigh, placing the food in front of Taehyung. "Sorry for the past."

"You've been apologising for the forth time, relax. We said we'd forget it." Taehyung assured him, but awkwardly placed a spoonful of rice into his mouth.  "Take care of your own body first."

"I'm just... troubled constantly. By that." Jimin shrugged, watching Taehyung eat.

"How do you shuggest we forget it?" He replied, chewing the rice in his mouth that formed a cute pout.

Jimin shrugged again, tugging at the silk scarf around his neck. It was part of his outfit- a striped shirt, black jeans and a navy jacket, a flowery silk scarf acting as a choker.

"Where did you buy that from?" Changing the topic was a sure way to go.

"I forgot. When I went to a silk factory in Japan, I think." He scratched his head.

"It's pretty." Taehyung paused.

"It matches your outfit and hair somehow." He felt a little funny complimenting someone. Because he had never done so before. He was trying after all, like Jungcook had said.

Jimin gave a sly smirk. "I know."

The moment was interrupted by Jungkook breathlessly jogging into the cafeteria and calling out their names.

"Anything wrong?"

"How are you? Friends forever?" Jungkook panted, smiling.

"No-" Taehyung began.

"Not really, just chatting a bit."

"Do you know Mr Kim Namjoon and Mr Min Yoongi?" Jungkook continued.

"My highschool classmates?" Taehyung replied.

"Yeah! I was thinking... I wanted to invite all of you to my house for a friendly gathering!"

"Wow... I wonder how many friends you've made." Jimin mused.

"Mr Jung, Mr Min, Mr Kim Namjoon, Mr Seokjin, and you two!"

"I know all of them because I've worked in the neurology department before... It would be nice if we met again." Taehyung said. He hadn't seen his hyungs in a long time.

"Let's just go, then." Jimin prodded him on.

Jungkook looked over to him with excited eyes, and Taehyung felt guilty that he was about to reject that offer, so he changed his mind instead.

"D-Do you... want to go together?" He looked the the shorter. Why did this feel like he was asking him out?

"As you wish." Jimin replied, smiling. It was refreshing seeing Taehyung not yelling or glaring at him, and it was as if a weight was lifted off his heart.

And Jungkook's heart could burst out in happiness.

- // -

I apologise for these horrible updates

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 82.7K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...
13K 1.2K 13
Jungkook can't stand Jimin. He hates how calm, sarcastic, and perfect he seems...they only ever argue and bicker, and nothing seems to work out betwe...
482K 10.5K 81
✒️ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇᴅ✒️ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴜꜱ: ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ ❝ 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚜𝚝...
15.5K 533 20
❛ 𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒄 𝑱𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒍 𝑻𝒂𝒆𝒉𝒚𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒌𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆 ? ❜ ⚠ cringe ⚠...