One of the Guys

By unstoppablereasoning

Cecelia Anderson isn't just any girl. She's a quarterback and she's proud of it. Last years quarterback gradu... More

Characters Ect.
Chapter 1: Walls are Paper Thin
Chapter 2: Im Sorry
Chapter 3: Run it Again
Chapter 4: All I Need
Chapter 5: Forgotten Shirt
Chapter 6: Jealous Much
Chapter 7: Pool Party
Chapter 8: Burnin' it Down
Chapter 9: Love is
Chapter 10: Locked up and Lip Locked
Chapter 12: Soldier
Chapter 13: Hi Mommy
Chapter 14: Simple as That
Chapter 15: Don't Tell Them
Chapter 16: Partners
Chapter 17: Waterfall
Chapter 18: Yes
Chapter 19: Right Now
Chapter 20: Flight 693
Chapter 21: Touchdown
Chapter 22: Up in Flames
Chapter 23: Protecting You
Chapter 24: Chocolate Milk Bandits and Food Races
Chapter 25: Never
Chapter 26: If You Can't Convince Them Uh..
Chapter 27: Misinterpreted
Chapter 28: Crystal Smear
Chapter 29: Deceiving
Chapter 30: Quarterfinals
Chapter 31: Semifinals and Semi Confused
Chapter 32: Surprise
Chapter 33: The Behemoths
Chapter 34: I'm Yelling Timber
Chapter 35: Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 36: Okay
Chapter 37: Part 1
Chapter 37: Part 2
Chapter 38: It's a Crazy Life
Epilogue
New Book!
Bonus

Chapter 11: Stay With Me

16.7K 301 44
By unstoppablereasoning

Cecelia's POV:
___________________________________________
"Don't pick it up." He warns.

"It could be important!" I protest.

"Don't pick it up." I bite my lip and look back and forth between him and my phone. Realization dawns on his face and we both lunge for it. He gets to it first and picks it up.

"Hello?"

"No." He sighs.

I try to punch him, but he grabs my hand. "Not this weekend. At all."

"Goodbye."

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Caroline, she says she completely understands and hopes we both have a good weekend." He shuts off my phone and pockets it.

"This isn't fair and could you let go of my hand?"

"It's completely fair." He blushes slightly, but lets go.

"How?" I demand.

"Ever since football started back we haven't had a chance to ourselves. Now it's almost one week until July and I feel I haven't seen you all summer-"

"You have though! Everyday!"

"True, but we haven't been alone. There's always someone there. I miss you and I think it's okay if we have this weekend to ourselves."

"Fine." I walk out of my room and quickly walk to my office. I turn to shut the door, but it won't shut all the way.

"Think you could get rid of me that easily?" I can practically feel him smirking.

"No, but I was hoping."

He pushes the door open, against my will. "Aw c'mon, you don't mean that."

"I know, I'm sorry. Coach has been hard on us this week." I sigh and rub my eyes.

"Very brutal, wonder why he gave us tomorrow off."

"I don't know. It's unlike him to end on Thursdays and give us Friday off. Must be personal reasons."

"I'm definitely not complaining though. Hope everything is okay. You tired?"

"Exhausted."

"Maybe this will help." I panic for half a second thinking he is going to kiss me. Instead he wraps me up in a bear hug and I feel foolish that I'd think like that.

"Gross Ashton! We're both sweaty. Get away!"

"Fine, we can both get a shower."

"What-" He cuts me off by picking me up over his shoulder. "Let me down!" I pound his back.

"I don't think I will." He laughs and I can feel it rumble through him.

"Would you stop moving? It's hard to open doors when your thrashing around."

"I would stop if you'd let me down."

"As you wish." He sets me down. I finally realize we're in my bathroom and he took my socks off.

I feel cold water run down my back and I scream. Ashton is doubled over laughing and I'm soaking wet. I smirk and quietly walk over to him.

"Hey Ash?" I tap on his shoulder.

He looks up at me and the smile is wiped off his face, replaced with a look of pure horror. He turns and runs full force with me on his tail. He jumps the couch and ducks down between the two sides. I stop on the side and crouch down so he can't see me.

"I know you're there." He pauses. "I think." I hear him mumble and I have to stifle a laugh.

I crawl to the opening to the couch and peer in. He's sitting with his back to me, arms wrapped around his legs. I crawl to the back of the couch. I crouch down facing away from the couch.

"Tsk tsk, you lied Ashton."

I hear him gulp. "About what?"

"You said we were both getting a shower."

He doesn't respond, instead he leaps up over the back of the couch like I was hoping he would.

"Ashton!" I yell.

He falters and turns around. He realizes his mistake too late and I tackle him to the ground. I pin his shoulders down, but he takes the back of my knee out and my grip loosens. It's all he needs to flip me.

"That's not fair." I whine.

"I think it's totally-" he doesn't get to finish because he's cut off by a deep belly laugh.

We look over to see my dad doubled over. Once he composes himself, he stands up. "What'd you do this time Ashton?"

"Why do you always assume it was me."

"'Cause she's shooting you daggers."

"Soaked her in cold water." He smirks.

"Nice."

"Dad!" I fake gasp.

"I mean bad, bad Ashton." He tries to be serious, but ends up laughing anyway.

I finally see my dad is dressed up and clean cut. "Where are you going?" As soon as I say this all humor leaves the room and it is replaced with tenseness. My dad and Ashton share a quick look I wouldn't have caught if I hadn't been paying attention.

"What aren't you guys telling me?"

"Nothing sweetheart." My dad answers quickly.

"Sweetheart?" I question. "That's not suspicious."

Suddenly my dads whole demeanor changes. All business, like I'm just another client or something. "I'm leaving for the weekend. See you Sunday." With that he leaves, no goodbye and no love you.

I push Ashton off me and stalk to my room. I slide the doors together and lock them. Seconds later I hear heavy footsteps followed by pounding on my door.

"C'mon Cece, open up!" He yells from outside. "Don't make me do it." He sighs. Suddenly a loud bang sounds through my room and then he tries the door again. He repeats this several times.

When I hear him try the door again I unlock it and race to my closet. I sit in the window seat and wait. I can't see much since its a small window. I hear a bang. This time the door opens when he tries it and he marches in the room.

It takes him a few minutes to find me. "Cecelia." It comes out soft, almost a whisper.

"What aren't you telling me?" I choke back a sob.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "If there was something I wasn't telling you, don't you think there's a reason? I'm not saying I am, but I'm not saying I'm not."

He looks up at me and he instantly looks worried. He walks over and gets down on his knees beside me. He raises a hand and wipes under my eye. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"He's not on a business trip, is he?"

He runs his calloused hand down my face and cups my cheek. "No baby, he's not."

I shake my head and look out the window. He sighs and gets up. He starts to leave and pauses at the doorway. He looks as if he's about to say something, but decides against it.

He returns moments later and hauls me to my feet. I watch as he gathers clothes from around my closet. Once it seems like he found what he needed he grabs my hand and propels me forward. He leads me into the bathroom and sets my clothes down. He leaves without another word.

I look around and see he already has my bath ready. On autopilot, I take off my clothes and get in the tub. After I'm done washing, I sit back and relax into the tub.

"Cece, it's time to get out." Ashton calls softly from the other side of the door. I sigh and let the water drain out. I grab a towel, dry off and locate my clothes. I start getting dressed. He brought my favorite Nike sweatpants and a hoodie. I slip on the sweatpants and reach for the hoodie.

The fabric is familiar and I'd know it anywhere. I flip it around and read the back, Mcallister. It's Ash's hoodie. I'm too tired to question it so I slip it on. I braid my hair off to the side.

When I open the door Ashton is on the other side pacing. He looks up and sighs in relief when he sees me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"You've been in there for an hour. I was afraid I was going to have to go in there after you."

"Oh." Is all I say.

He frowns, but turns around and squats down. When I don't make a move he looks over his shoulder. "You're supposed to get on." This makes me crack a small smile. "There she is!"

I roll my eyes but obligingly get on. He lifts me up with no effort. I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on the back of his shoulder. He carries me into the den. He carries me over to the couch and sets me down. He walks over and starts the DVD player. He sits in the corner and tugs my waist toward him.

I'm about to protest, but he shushes me. He hauls me over his lap and tucks me into his side. We're in the corner, I'm in between him and the couch, curled into his side. I'm tense and aching from practice.

"Relax." He whispers in my ear and almost instantly his voice relaxes me. He pulls a cover off the back of the couch and covers us up. I watch the beginning of The Avengers but soon my eyes start to droop. I snuggle into his side and drape an arm over his stomach. My hand rests on exposed skin on his side and I hear a sharp intake of breath, but I'm too far gone to care.
*****
"Cece! Wake up!" I jerk awake and my heart is pounding.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asks, worried. His eyes search my face, looking for something.

"Nightmare." I sigh. He reaches up and starts wiping my face. My hand instinctively reaches up, covers his hand, and I feel the wetness.

"I was crying?" I ask in a hoarse voice.

Ashton doesn't say anything. He turns the tv off and scoops me up, blanket and all. My bones are too weak to fight him. I let him carry me to my bedroom. He sits on the bed, never letting go of me. He reaches behind him and turns off the lamp, encasing us in darkness.

He settles us into the bed. He takes the blanket we used in the living room and spreads it over us. I curl into his side and rest my head on his chest. It's so natural, like that's where I fit.

"We're gonna talk about this in the morning, but for now just sleep."

I don't respond, I just wrap my arm back around him. My whole arm lands on exposed flesh, he's not wearing a shirt, the only difference this time is I'm fully awake. His breaths become slightly ragged, but even out eventually.

He starts playing with my hair, lulling me to sleep. When I'm on the verge of unconsciousness I hear him whisper in my ear.

"Hush little baby don't you cry, everything's gonna be alright." I feel a tear slip out before I'm submerged into darkness.
*****
"Cece, it's time to get up." My body shakes slightly.

"Up, now." The voice is more stern and the shaking becomes more persistent. I moan and tuck my head deep into the mattress.

He sighs. "It's noon, we've slept too late."

"You can never sleep too late." I mumble.

"Comes from the person who hardly ever sleeps past nine." I don't respond and just hug my arms around him tighter. "Please."

"Ash, I'm tired, just let me sleep."

"Fine." He sighs, defeated.

I'm slowly pulled back into unconsciousness, but never fully making it there. It's like I'm stuck in limbo. Almost asleep yet aware of my surroundings. Eventually warmth leaves my side. I finally succumb back into the darkness.

Too soon the shaking is back. "Enough, you are getting up whether you like it or not."

The covers are ripped off and light threatens my closed eyes. "Ashton leave me alone."

"Sorry, but no. This is for your own good." He scoops me up in his arms and walks to my closet. He sets me down, forcing me to stand. He hands me a pile of something and closes the door.

"You have five minutes or I'm coming in after you, dressed or not." I mock him and roll my eyes.

I look down at my hands. Slowly I peel off my sweatpants and his sweatshirt. I pull on the light-wash denim skinny jeans he picked out. I slip on a pair of tall, brown boots laying to my left. I pull out a shirt I've never seen before. It's a long sleeve, red, blue, and purple plaid shirt. When I pull it on I can smell guys cologne.

I freeze, shocked. Ashton gave me his shirt? Again? I guess I've waited too long because the door burst open. "Thank goodness! I thought you fell asleep on me."

I look down and realize I haven't buttoned the shirt up. I don't make a move, just look back at him. He's staring at my chest, seeming to have an internal battle with himself. "Ashton is this your shirt?"

My question seems to snap him out of his haze. His eyes meet my with no shame that he was checking me out. "Uh, yea." He scratches the back of his head. "It's worn out, used to wear it a lot until I grew out of it. Remember our eighth grade year when we got lost in the woods? You fell down and your shirt ripped in half. I gave you mine because you were cold. I found it, hope that's okay."

I just nod. He comes up and starts buttoning up my, his, whoever the hells shirt this is. He fingers pause at my stomach, barely brushing my skin. He looks into my eyes, continuing fastening the buttons.

When he's done its just a little long and the sleeves go past my fingertips. He starts rolling them up above my wrists. "Guess I've always been bigger than you."

I chuckle. "My big protecter."

He bends down and picks up something at my feet. A hair brush. "Here, meet me in the kitchen when you are finished."

"Hey Ash?"

He turns around. "Who knew you had style?"

"Have." He corrects, leaving me alone.

I go to the bathroom and throw my hair up in a sloppy bun. I don't put any makeup on, just brush my teeth. I jog upstairs and head into the kitchen where Ashton is on the phone.

"-which I told you when... Look I got to go." The argument with whoever was on the other side of the phone seemed pretty heated.

"You ready?" I look at him skeptically.

"Where?"

"Why do you ask so many damn questions?" He groans. I quirk my eyebrow at him. "I'm not telling you, it's a surprise. C'mon."

He leads me out to his motorcycle. I swear I'm in love with this thing. He straps on his helmet and puts mine on for me. He fingers graze my chin sending shivers down my spine. Stupid hormones. He climbs on and I follow suit. He starts it up and the roar gets my adrenaline pumping. My arms wrap instinctively around his stomach.

When Ashton was 10 he would do odd jobs around town, whenever and wherever he could find them. He did that until he was 16. Over the years he collected enough to buy his precious bike. His parents had gotten him a truck and didn't understand why he wanted a bike. They didn't want him to, but they didn't forbid it. As soon as he got his license he bought it.

I tighten my hold and smile into his shoulder. The scenery passes by in a beautiful green blur. To soon we are stopped. I climb off, my legs unsteady. He's already off and taking my helmet off. My vision blurs and my hands start to shake. I stop and sit down next to the bike.

Ashton looks over and does a double take. "Cecelia, are you okay?" He rushes to my side, but I can't speak. My bones feel a hundred times heavier and my movements seem too slow.

"This is why you don't sleep all day." Ashton mumbles and shakes his head.

"What?" I croak.

"Remember when you passed out in that football game freshman year?" I shake my head slowly. "Your blood sugar level dropped because you didn't eat. Well you've slept for 15 hours without eating and now your blood sugar dropped."

I attempt to get up. My knees give out and Ashton catches me around the waist. He swings me up into his arms bridal style and starts carrying me. I look over his shoulder and all I see is green.

"Ashton?"

"Stop talking before you pass out." He rolls his eyes and I can't help but laugh.

I close my eyes and listen to the steady thump of his feet. The moving stops and we thump down. My eyes flutter open.

"You can't be tired." He laughs, but it ends soon. I'm in his lap, his arms around my waist and my hands on the back of his neck. He looks as if he's about to lean in and my heart starts racing, but my vision blurs and my hands start shaking again.

He laughs. "Guess we better get you some food." He shifts me so I'm sitting between his legs, my back against his chest. I look out in front of us and I'm shocked. We're sitting on a blanket in the middle of a clearing with food in front of us.

"What? How? I..." I stutter.

"Did I just render the great Cecelia Anderson speechless?" He says sarcastically. "To answer your, whatever those were, this is a picnic. While you were sleeping the day away, I was busy. I slept in till about 12, but I couldn't sleep anymore than that. I came up here with my truck first and set this up."

"Wow." I breathe. "You love me." I tease.

"Yeah, yeah, just eat." He rolls his eyes.

"Ooh, food." I laugh and move toward the other side of the blanket.

After about an hour of chatting and eating we slowly start cleaning up. He gets up to throw the trash away while I fold the blanket. I'm steady on my feet and I don't feel as if I'm going to pass out anymore. Actually, I'm feeling more energized than I have in a long time.

I'm bouncing on my heals, waiting for Ashton by his motorcycle. I see him throwing the trash away, so I sneak up behind him.

"Boo!" I scream when he turns around.

He turns around and screeches like a little girl, all the while falling of his butt. I start laughing so hard I have to hold my stomach.

"That.. Was.. Hilarious.. You.. Sound... Like a little girl." I start laughing all over again.

"Looks like someone is feeling better." He grumbles which only makes me laugh harder. Before I know what's happening, he sweeps my legs out and I fall on top of him.

Ashton's POV:
_________________________________________________
"Let go!" She screams at me, but I just laugh.

"What makes you think I'd do something like that? I have to get some kind of revenge."

"All I did was scare you!" She protests. I gave her a pointed look. "Maybe I also made you fall." She mumbles.

"Exactly, I have to plot my revenge. I can't have you getting away, now can I?"

"Yes, yes you can." She tries to wiggle out of my grasp, but she isn't doing much.

I push up off one arm and flip her so that her back is now on the grass. I put my hands on either side of her head, pinning her in. I lean in so that are noses are millimeters away, I can feel her heartbeat quicken.

I touch my lips to her ear. "Are you done resisting?" She nods, her body frozen in place. I run the side of my face up her cheek until we're eye to eye. I lean in, my lips hovering over hers. I watch as she relaxes and closes her eyes. I'm pretty sure I have the biggest, goofiest grin on my face right now.

"Well," I breathe over her lips. "We're going to have to find some way to get rid of all your energy." Her eyes open and she gives me a confused look.

I push up off the ground and offer her my hands. She doesn't take them and gets up on her own. Stubborn much. "What?" She finally asks.

I start walking towards my motorcycle. "Since you slept all day, your not going to sleep well tonight and I am not staying up till four in the morning. C'mon." I say and motion for her to walk towards me.

She does and I slide her helmet over her head. I take my time with the chinstrap and I can tell she's getting aggravated because she's frowning. When I'm done I run a finger over her lips pulling the bottom one down a bit. "You look sad, quit frowning."

She blushes and rolls her eyes, but a smile is playing on her lips. I laugh and climb on. She swings her legs over after me. I wait for her to put her arms around me, but she just rests them on my waist. Which is driving me nuts.

"Put your damn arms around me." She sighs and puts her arms all the way around me. I start it up and drive out of the deserted parking lot. She removes one arm and I'm about to protest when music starts playing out of the speakers.

She bluetoothed her phone to my bike. She puts her arm back and I smile. Feel So Close by Calvin Harris.

"I feel so close to you right now
It's a force field
I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal
Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall
And there's no stopping us right now
I feel so close to you right now."

In no time we are at her house. I pull my helmet off and wait for her to climb off. I take our helmets and put them away. I follow her around the back of the house. I'm not going to say I didn't check her out. Once we get to the back door I take the key from her.

I unlock the door and head for her bedroom. I go to her closet and start digging through it. "What are you doing?" Her voice scares me and I jump.

"Where'd you put my clothes?"

"Same place as always." She points to a drawer behind me. I laugh and dig around looking. I find what I'm looking for and start looking through her clothes. I hand clothes to her and push her out of the closet. Once the door is locked I slip off my shirt and jeans and put on basketball shorts.

I step out as soon as she does and we both laugh. "What exactly are we doing?" She asks.

"Burning energy." I dangle keys in her face.

"Exactly how do you plan we do that?" She asks not paying attention to the keys.

"That's up to you."

"My options are?"

I start ticking things off my fingers. "Football field, gym, park. Whatever."

She gets excited and her eyes shine. "Football field?"

"As you wish." She starts running outside and I have to hurry to catch up. Sometimes I'm proud of myself. She probably doesn't even realize how good she looks right now. I gave her a pair of mesh shorts that go above her knees a way, her favorite shoes, and a cut out shirt.

We drive to the stadium and I can feel her buzzing with excitement. I park the motorcycle and she hops off and takes her own helmet off. She practically drags me to the doors and I laugh at her antics.

"Did you ever wonder how we're going to get in?" I ask.

She waves me off. "I saw you dangle the keys in my face earlier." Oh, so she was paying attention.

I unlock the doors and she runs down the hall. I watch as she disappears around the corner. I smile and start running to catch up. When I finally hit the field, I slow to a stop. I peek around the edge of the stadium seats.

I smile, she's running and twirling in the middle of the field. I grab a football and start running towards her. "Slow down wild child."

She flops down on her back. "Don't you just love the field." She takes a big breath.

"Not as much as you." I laugh.

She hops back up. "Nobody could. One on one. go!" She grabs the football and starts running down the field in a zigzag. I smile and chase after my beautiful maniac.
*****
She beat me 35-12. In my defense, I didn't have as much energy as her. I sigh and let the hot water run down my back. After we got back we agreed we need a shower. I turn off the water and step out. Once I'm dressed I head into the kitchen.

I stop and listen. I hear a soft noise coming from upstairs and I smile. I jog upstairs and follow the noise down to the end of the hallway. I stop at the doorway and watch silently.

"Been a while hasn't it?"

"Yeah." She replies without turning around. I step down into the room and walk over to her.

"Mind if I join you?"

She smiles, running her fingers over the keys. "We used to do this all the time."

"Life gets busy I guess."

"Nobody's busy 24 hours a day." She smiles softly. "This was her place."

"I know."

"She'd bring me in here and I'd listen to her for hours. She taught me to play all these instruments, how to harmonize my voice, everything. I think she was afraid dad had turned me into a boy."

"Look at you now, definitely not a boy."

She laughs. "Obviously."

"She'd be proud." She doesn't say anything and a few tears threaten to spill over. "Can we play something together?" I ask.

"Like what? It's been forever." She looks at me skeptically.

"It's been like, a couple months. Just follow my lead. You'll know it."

I start playing and she smiles. She puts her hands on the keys and plays with me.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand, But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man. These nights never seem to go to plan, I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?" I sing softly and she smiles at me.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see, But darling, stay with me." I sing.

She takes over. "Why am I so emotional? No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control. And deep down I know this never works, But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt?" She sings.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see, But darling, stay with me."

I hum softly, filling in that part of the song while she plays.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see, But darling, stay with me. Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see, But darling, stay with me." We finish together.

After a moment she whispers. "We'd win American Idol, right?"

"Hell yeah." I smile.

Cecelia's POV:
__________________________________________________
"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." He pokes me with each word.

"If you don't shut up I'm going to pound your face in." I warn.

"You wouldn't." He teases.

"Don't test me. Why do you even want to be up?" I question, finally opening my eyes to look at him.

"The sky is awake, so I'm awake!" He says dramatically.

"You are not Anna."

"I know, but seriously, the sky is awake."

I groan. "What time is it?"

"Two o'clock."

I shoot up into a sitting position next to him. "Are you serious?" He nods. "This is all your fault."

"My fault?" He looks at me disbelieved.

"Your the one that kept us up last night. Just one more song my ass."

"Maybe I had a part in it, but your not miss innocent here."

"Whatever." I yawn and stretch.

"What do you wanna do today?" I give him a guilty smile. "What?" He asks cautiously.

"Mm, food sounds good. C'mon." I take his hand and drag him out of bed with me.

"What're you up to?"

"Food."

"Ha ha, funny."

"I'm serious. Breakfast or lunch?"

"Breakfast." He says quickly and I quirk my eyebrow at him.

"Okay, you do eggs, I'll do pancakes." I reach up, about to take down my hair that's in a messy bun. It has to look horrible.

"Stop!" He yells and I freeze.

"What?" I look at him like he's crazy, which I'm starting to really consider.

"It's.. Just.. Stop." He stutters.

"Mm k." I say and start getting ingredients out.

By the time I've got it all mixed up he is already done with the eggs. "You're slow."

"I am not. It just takes longer." I protest, pouring out the batter.

I start flipping them when I feel two hands wrap around my waist from behind. "Yes?"

"I miss you." He buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm right here."

"Not the same." He mumbles in my ear.

His hands touch bare skin at my waist sending shivers down my spine. I gulp and continue flipping the pancakes. He sighs into my neck. "Ash, I need a plate."

He sighs again, but doesn't move. Or, at least I thought. A plate appears in front of me and I put the pancakes on them. It disappears and I pour the rest of the pancake batter into the pan. "Smells good." He sighs. Again.

"They are pancakes."

"Not what I mean." I think I hear him mumble, but it comes out muffled.

"Can you let go for a second?" He sighs, once again, and his arms detach. I move to the fridge and start getting out the rest. When I return to the stove he's hasn't moved. I slide back in between him and the stove and he resumes his previous position.

"Comfortable?" I laugh.

"Very." He mumbles.

"Are you tired, or drunk, or drugged?" I ask.

"Why do ask?" He sighs. Once freaking more.

"Because your mumbling."

"Oh, then sure something like that." He mumbles again.

"What are-" he cuts me off by grabbing my waist, spinning me around and pressing me against the island.

"God, you are freaking killing me." He cups my cheeks and looks as if he's about to lean in and my hearts starts racing. I'm not sure how I feel about him kissing me. It shouldn't have happened the first, or second time. But a third time? He's supposed to be my best friend. That's it.

The phone rings before he can do anything. He sighs and leans his head on my shoulder. "I'm killing whoever is on the other side of that phone." He turns around and heads toward the landline in the living room.

Once he's out of sight I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't know I was holding in. I finish the pancakes and set everything on the bar. I take a seat as he comes in.

"Who was it?"

"Your dad." He's tense.

"What's wrong?" I ask, suddenly panicky.

"Nothing, just checking in." He sits next to me and he's too rigid.

"Oh okay." I fake a sigh of relief and he instantly relaxes, like the weight of the world has been lifted off.

"Looks delicious." He smiles at me.

"I did make it."

"Hey! I made it too." He mumbles, differently this time.

"Yeah, yeah." I tease.

We finish in a comfortable silence. I get up and start putting things away. When I go to put the flour away, I can't get it to go on the top shelf. I stretch on my tiptoes, but I can't get it. Which is weird considering I got it down.

"Just leave it." Ashton's voice comes out different causing me to turn around.

"I'll get it eventually." I roll my eyes at him and turn back around. Suddenly, he's right behind me.

"I said leave it. But your just so god damn stubborn." His voice is off.

"I could've gotten it." I protest as he takes it from my hands and puts it on the top shelf in a different spot.

"There was something in your way." He whispers in my ear.

"Oh." I gulp. I slide away from him towards the sink.

I start to do the dishes, but he's back again. Arms around my waist, head on my shoulder.

"Your wearing my hoodie." He whispers.

I look down and laugh. "Oh, I guess I am."

"Wait, you're telling me you did that subconsciously?"

"I guess I did." He sighs again. I swear if he keeps sighing, I'm going to hurt him.

"Your shorts are really short."

I look down again. "Not really, this is about the average length of all my shorts."

"Exactly."

"What's that mean?" I ask defensively.

"Your hair is a mess." He states.

"What the hell!" I stop washing a dish, afraid I'll throw it at his head. "You're the one that told me to stop fixing it!"

"I know." He sighs.

"How many God damn times are you gonna sigh?" I yell and turn around in his arms so I'm facing him.

He quirks his eyebrow at me. "I love that you wear my hoodie. It's sexy as hell. Those shorts are driving me nuts. Please don't change them. I told you to stop fixing your hair because you look sexy with it all messed up." He leans in and butterflies go into overdrive. "So, Cece, I will sigh how ever many God damn times I want. Got that?"

I smirk, putting up a front. I lean in and stretch up to whisper in his ear. "Get this, I'm not wearing a shirt under your hoodie." I tease and turn around getting ready to finish the dishes.

He groans and before I know what's happening I'm turned around again. He lifts me up and my legs instinctively wrap around his waist. He walks me over and sets me down on the island. He puts a hand around my neck and touches his forehead to mine.

"Ash.."

"Yes?" He moans. I sigh and bite my lip.

That's his last straw. He grabs my face between his hands and presses his lips to mine. I hesitate and he notices. He drops his hands and starts to pull back, but I grab his shirt and pull him back to me.

He places one hand on my side and the other on my cheek. I keep his shirt bunched in my hands. He slowly kisses me and I start to kiss him back. He sighs and smiles against my lips. He kisses me at a steady pace and I match it.

I can't take it anymore. I wrap my legs tighter around him, pulling us against each other. His hand moves from my cheek to my hair. I move my hands and grab his side. He gasps and speeds up the kiss a little.

I move my hands to his chest and he grabs my waist, as if to steady himself. I move them to his stomach and he growls against my mouth. I smile and speed up the kiss. His hands touch bare skin under the hoodie and it's my turn to gasp.

He growls and grabs my sides pulling me closer. I run my hands over his skin between his shirt and shorts. The kiss becomes hungry. He breaks it and starts kissing my jawline. I take a minute to breathe.

"Ash." I breathe.

"Shit." He moans. He brings his lips back to mine. I take my hands and pull his face closer so I don't have to stretch. I run my hands through his hair and down his chest. I nip his lip and he moans. He bites my lip in return. His tongue darts in my mouth and its my turn to moan.

I break the kiss and start kissing down his neck. He brings my lips back to his and starts kissing me softly. Finally we both break for air. I rest my forehead against his chest and my hands on his waist. His puts his head on my shoulder and his hands on either side of me. We both take a minute to steady our breath. His heart is beating hard against his chest and I'm sure mine is too.

"So, what do you want to do today?" He laughs.

"About that..." I trail off.
___________________________________________________
Authors Note:

~ Cliffhanger!

~ Nah, I'm just kidding. To make up for not posting sooner I'm posting TWO chapters.

~ These were really hard for me to write.

~ Hope you enjoyed! Feedback is appreciated!

Love you lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3K 20
Leah had the perfect life, she just gave her virginity to her boyfriend, Jacob Cooper, the hot shot of the school, her parents are madly in love, she...
249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...
423K 18.6K 28
Adeline Preston may be a grade A student, but that doesn't mean she knows everything. She doesn't claim to. But she does know that she loves her par...
10 0 1
Cecelia is starting high school with some big dreams and a few fears. She trying new things and finding out who she is but her best friend is feelin...