Markings

By angeliqhope

"It can't be," Jungkook spoke softly. He's seen that mark before. He can't be his soulmate right? More

Marking
Awkward
Disillusioned
Anodyne
Eschew
Urge
Compuction
Avoidance

Bitter

349 12 5
By angeliqhope

The cold fall breeze seeped in through the window and blew through the curtains. This was the first cold day of fall. The wind passed through the room causing the small pale boy to shiver in his sleep. He snuggled closer to his white fuzzy blanket. The sunlight illuminated the small room. The sunlight landing directly on the boys face.

The sound of an alarm blared through the room. The small male groaned, rubbing his eyes and slowly opened them, only to be blinded by the sunlight. He reached out to grab his phone from the  desk beside his bed and turned off the alarm. He yawned and stretched out his arms before climbing out of his bed. He made his way towards his bathroom across his room. He freshened up and then returned to his room. He walked towards his closet and picked out an outfit. A simple white turtleneck, high waisted jeans and a black cardigan.

He slipped on his boots and grabbed his bag, ready to leave. Just as he was headed to his door, there was a knock.

Who could be here? In my house? At this time?

      "Hey, Jungkook," A familiar voice spoke through the door.

Oh it's just Jungho Hyung.

The small male opened the door. His brother standing in front of him.

       "Hey Hyung, you're back early," Jungkook spoke softly.

       "Yeah the meeting ended quickly and smoothly, I'll be in the office though, just wanted to check in on you. How was your birthday?" Jungho wondered.

"I'm doing fine and I spent it with my hyungs here," Jungkook answered.

"Alright, want me to drive you to school?" Jungho asked.

"Yes, please Hyung," Jungkook replied with a small smile.

The two walked outside their apartment complex and towards the parking lot. They made it to the elders black Cadillac. They hopped in and drove to Jungkook's school.

☕︎︎ ☕︎︎ ☕︎︎

"Alright, see you at home!" The elder called out driving off.

Jungkook walked inside the school building, hoping to find one of his friends.

     "Kookie!" A voice shouted from down the hall.

Said male looked at where the voice came from, a smile crept up his face.  He walked towards the taller male and engulfed him in a hug.

      "Hi Hobi Hyung!" Jungkook greeted the elder.

      "You're here early," The elder took note.

      "Yeah Jungho hyung came back early and dropped me off," The smaller male responded.

     "Oh well tell him I said hi," Hoseok advised.

The younger nodded and walked with his Hyung. They walked through the halls just talking, not really going anywhere. It was still 7 am and classes only start in thirty minutes, they had time.

They walked until they met with Yoongi and his friends, by the senior lockers, who were all seniors. Hoseok was a senior  as well as Jimin and Jin. Jungkook and Yugyeom were the only Juniors of their friend group.

Taehyung was also there, he was collecting his books from his locker while talking to Taemin. They all took notice of the two males who had arrived.

Yoongi walked up to Hoseok and greeted him with a hug. Jungkook stood beside the couple awkwardly.

      "Hey guys, where are the other three?" Taemin asked the two.

      "Oh Jin and Jimin arrive later, and Yugyeom is in class," Jungkook mumbled.

Taemin walked closer to Jungkook and whispered, "Ah ok, by the way do you know what Jimin's favorite food is?"

      "Well he actually has a lot, too many to name right now," Jungkook replied.

"Well give me your number and you can tell me there. It's just, I asked him out yesterday and I want to make sure I get everything right," Taemin rambled.

"Don't worry I'm sure anything you'll bring Jimin will surely like, except for fish, please don't bring him fish," Jungkook mentioned.

"Oh yeah no fish, but I also want to make sure everything goes well so any pointers?" Taemin wondered.

"Yeah here," Jungkook extended his hand out waiting for Taemin to hand his phone.

Taemin did just that, and Jungkook punched in his number.

"Woah Taemin, I thought you liked Jimin and now you're after his friend?" Taehyung joked.

"He's not after me Kim, if anything I'm helping him get my friend," Jungkook remarked.

Taehyung walked closer to the two.

"You're giving him you're number, but you haven't texted me. I see how it is," Taehyung pretended to be hurt.

This was quite strange. The two were talking like they've been friends.

"Sorry, I was a bit busy," Jungkook mumbled giving Taemin his phone back.

"Just send me a quick text so I know it's you," Taehyung spoke softly.

Jungkook nodded, taking his phone out. He quickly typed in a quick 'hey'. Taehyung's phone buzzes in the pocket of his jacket. He took it out and opened the message. He quickly saved the small male's number. 'Jungkook'. Nothing special. The same went for Jungkook. He saved the elder as 'Taehyung'. Again, nothing special.

Taemin stared at them. Shocked to see that Taehyung wasn't picking a fight with the same person he nearly punch last time.

They talked a bit more before the bell rang. They all went their ways. Taehyung and Jungkook though, walked together to their literature class. They exchanged a few words on their way there. They weren't as awkward as yesterday but both were still a bit hesitant. Once they arrived to their class, they walked to their seats in the back of the room. There was a minute left till the late bell. Right as that bell rang their teacher began lessons.

Taehyung and Jungkook worked together without having any sort of problems except for some awkward moments here and there. Their teacher, Mr.Jay, was surprised but pleased to see that the boys were actually cooperating.

    "Alright so how are we starting this project?" Taehyung asked, doodling on Jungkook's notebook.

     "Well how about we write a poem based on the narrator facing some sort of heartbreak but the words form an image," Jungkook suggested.

      "How long is it going to be?" Taehyung continued to doodle.

      "Well we can draw an image first to get the whole idea," Jungkook advocates.

"So who's going to draw?" Taehyung asked.

"Well you're already doodling, so how about you draw," Jungkook looks at Taehyung.

Taehyung flushes a light shade of red.

"Oh, I'm sorry," He gives Jungkook back his notebook.

"Oh no it's fine, but are you fine with drawing," Jungkook asks.

He looks down at the little doodles Taehyung made on his notebook. There was a cute little cactus along with simple little foods. He unknowingly smiled at the doodles.

"Uh yeah I can draw, but it won't be good though," Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm sure it'll be good," Jungkook assured.

He gave him a small smile, to which Taehyung reciprocated. In the midst of their smiling, the bell rang.

"Um, well I guess I'll see you later, i'll uh send you my address," Taehyung said while gathering his things along with Jungkook.

"Oh yeah, see you later then,"

They both walked out of the class, and took their separate ways. P.E. and Literature were the only classes they had together. Taehyung was a senior while Jungkook was a junior.

☕︎︎ ☕︎︎ ☕︎︎

The day had went on smoothly. As for P.E., Taehyung and Jungkook didn't have much problems which surprised their entire team, and displeased one member in particular. The two did butt heads at time, as both are competitive in the sport.

Lunch was less awkward. The two engaged more with their friends, but they didn't talk each other. 

"Jungkook are you going to go?"

Jungkook looks at the elder who was speaking to him.

"I can't I have a huge assignment to do, maybe another time Hyung," Jungkook gave his hyung an apologetic smile.

"So both you and Taehyung aren't going to be at our practice, I'm going to feel betrayed if you two end up hanging out without us," Hoseok pouted.

"As if Jungkook would be dumb enough," Yugyeom snarled.

They all looked at Yugyeom, surprised. But one of them wasn't all too pleased.

"What are you implying?" Taehyung looked at the other, offended.

"I'm saying that Jungkook isn't dumb enough to hang out with you. Did that go through your thick skull?" Yuggyeom retorts rolling his eyes.

At this point Taehyung was glaring at Yugyeom. If looks could kill, Yugyeom would be long gone.

"I wouldn't be talking if i were you Yugbyum, don't fucking test me," Taehyung fumed.

The tension was high. Jungkook looked in between the two, uncomftorable with the tension.

"Well no one has to worry, me and Taehyung are not hanging out. I'm sorry I can't go though," Jungkook broke the suffocating silence.

He looks down, too embarrassed to look up. Everyone only awkwardly laughed and continued their lunch. No one spoke about the situation.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel annoyed. How could a silly little junior insult him like that. Infront of all their friends too. He could just grab the lanky junior and throw him around if he wanted to, but he held back.

But, Taehyung wasn't just worked up about that. Jungkook just kept everything a secret. Does he have a right to be bothered? No. But he couldn't help it. A bitter feeling was rising within him. But thats something he wouldn't dare to admit. For the remainder of Lunch he kept quiet, with a straight yet intense look on his.

Taehyung was just bitter the rest of the day. His day; ruined.

☕︎︎  ☕︎︎  ☕︎︎

The end of the school day came around quickly, and Taehyung wasn't looking forward to it. He still had to meet with Jungkook for their project, and he wasn't in the mood to see the small male. He could just do what he's used to doing, cancel. But he needed the grade. And yet again, he just didn't want to be bothered.

He began walking out of the building along with other students. His bag hung on one shoulder, he took his time walking towards his car. Reaching his car, he climbed in and began driving out of the school parking lot. He drove and drove. Away from the stress built school, away from the noisy students, away from that self proclaimed junior, away from the small male.

☕︎︎  ☕︎︎  ☕︎︎

Jungkook quickly unlocked his apartment door and walked in. He put his belongings in his room and walked back to his living area. He started cleaning the apartment. The apartment was still a bit messy and Jungkook did not want his brother to return to a messy apartment. He made sure everything in sight was perfectly clean. He swept the small apartment and made sure every little object was in it's place.

He then walked back into his bedroom and began tidying up in there. He didn't want to leave his house without cleaning his room. He arranged the sheets on his bed along with his decorative pillows and cleaned up any scraps that were either on the floor or on his white furniture.  He put the books he had out back on his shelf that was next to his queen sized bed. He fixed the decorative flowers that were hung on his wall, and paced his camera on the shelf above his bed.

( Just to give you an idea)

Jungkook took a glance at the digital clock that was beside his books and read the time. 6:30 in the afternoon. Both Taehyung and him agreed to meet up around seven. He let out a sigh and finished placing his items where they belong. He finally finished. With only thirty minutes left, he decided to take a shower. He removed his shoes and walked to the bathroom with a towel in his hand.

He stripped in the bathroom, and started the water. He waited for the water to warm up, and stood there bare. He extended his leg in through the glass doors and felt the warm soothing water. He finally steeped in and cleansed.

He took his time in the shower, spending most of his time just staring at the wall, thinking of nothing but everything, as the warm water hits his back and rolls down his entire body. By the time he was finished it was 7:10. He quickly dried his body and hair and rushed to his room to change.

He decided on a black and white long sleeved shirt tucked into a pair of jeans. He put on his boots and and applied a belt. He walked around his room searching for his blow dryer. He skimmed through his drawers and finally found the small black blow dryer. He connected the wire and turned it on. He moved the object around his hair letting the hot air blow through the his hair, fluffing it up. Once his hair was dried he unplugged it and placed it back in its drawer. He grabbed his phone and bag, ready to go. He checked his phone and the time read, 7:24 p.m.

He sighs and makes his way out of his apartment, not forgetting to lock his door. He doesn't have a car, so the poor boy had to walk all the way to Taehyung's house. He could take a bus, but he wanted to feel the fresh autumn breeze.

He strolled through the simple streets of his neighborhood of Gwangjin. He greeted the few people he knew on the streets. He tried walking a bit faster as his time was crunching.

He looked down at his phone and read the address. His eyes widened. Taehyung lives in the Gangnam district. There was no way he would make it on time if he walked. Jungkook stuffed his phone in his pocket and ran to the nearest bus stop.

He ran until halting at a small bench near a bus stop. He took a seat and waited for the bus to pass by. He took a look at his phone to check the time. 7:29. Well he was definitely going to be a tad bit late. He decided to send a message to Taehyung. After a few minutes the bus came by and Jungkook quickly got on. The bus was not so packed and so he sat in the front.

He plugged in an earbud and played some music. The bus ride was calm and it relaxed him.

After ten minutes or so, the bus halted, announcing they were in Gangnam. He walked out of the bus and looked around. This was definitely a place he didn't belong in. It all looked luxurious. It took him a while to take all the beauty in. He waited on the side of street hoping for a taxi to pass by. Only five minutes later a small yellow cab stopped near where Jungkook was standing. He quickly walked towards the cab and knocked on the window. The driver rolled down his window and stared up a Jungkook.

"Jungkook?" The driver question, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Taemin Hyung?" Jungkook questioned back.

"Yeah, I drive a yellow car, and you probably thought this was a cab?" Taemin guessed.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry," Jungkook apologized.

"It's alright. Where do you need to go I'll take you," He offered.

         "Uh well you see, um here," Jungkook gave Taemin his phone.

He looked at the screen and read the address. He smirked and gave Jungkook his phone back.

       "So Hoseok guessed right huh. You and Tae are hanging out," Taemin teased.

      "We are not. We just have a project to do. Can you please not tell anyone?" Jungkook pleaded.

"Don't worry, I'm not like that. Plus you're helping me with Jimin. Hop in," Taemin motioned the younger to get in the car.

Jungkook did just that and buckled up. Taemin started the car and began driving to his best friend's house. He let Jungkook play around with radio as they drove. Jungkook looked out through the window and was awe struck. This part of Seoul was certainly different from his district.

"Have you ever been to Gangnam?" Taemin asked.

"No, I live in the Gwangjin District so  you could say it's a bit different" he replied.

"Ah, so you're the only one from there," Taemin spoke and Jungkook only nodded.

Taemin continued driving until he pulled up by a large brown house, which was guarded by a brick gate.

"This is where he lives?" Jungkook asked, stunned.

"Yeah, his parents are pretty good with money" the elder states.

"Ah, well thank you hyung, how much will it be?" Jungkook thanked.

"Don't worry about it, now go on in," Taemin smiled at the smaller male.

Jungkook gave a slight bow and stepped out of the car. He waved as Taemin drove off. Jungkook turned back to the house and sighed. This house was stunningly large, and it frightened him. He walked to the gate and pushed the small button. He waits until a voice is heard through the small speaker.

"Hello?" The voice called out.

"Um, hello?" Jungkook walked closer.

"Who is this? And what do you need?" The voice asked.

"I'm Jungkook and I'm here to do a project with Kim Taehyung," Jungkook replied.

"Alright," was the last thing it said before it went silent. The gate unlocked and Jungkook pulled it open. He walked through the small entry and stopped at the front door. He hesitated before knocking once.

"Just a sec," a voice called out.

The door unlocked and opened. There stood a stunning lady, probably in her late thirties, but stunning. She smiled at Jungkook, welcoming him in. He bowed and stepped in. He took off his shoes and placed them by the door.

"Wait here I'll call Tae," She smiled and walked off.

Jungkook stood there looking at his surroundings. Just from where he was the house looked beautiful. The white tile flooring and white walls gave such a luxurious vibe. He was taken out of his gazing when Taehyung appeared.

"I thought you were going to bail," Taehyung chuckled.

"It's a big project, so I kind of can't," Jungkook joked.

"Come on, follow me," Taehyung lead Jungkook up the black spiraling staircase.

He then lead him into his room and closed the door behind them. Jungkook took a chance to look around the elders room. It was certainly bigger than his and a lot darker. He had, what Jungkook supposed, a black king sized bed. His bedsheets were grey and the pillows were a Snow White. There were two large paintings above the bed frame, and a glass closet beside the bed. Jungkook was so awe struck.

     "Hello? Jungkook?" Taehyung called out waving his hand in front of the smaller males face.

     "Huh?" Jungkook snapped back to reality.

     "You spaced out. We can sit at my desk over there," Taehyung explained.

The two walked to Taehyung's desk, which was black and organized. It was placed in front of his large glass window. Taehyung sat on one of the office chairs and Jungkook followed. He placed his bag on the floor and took out his notebook, meanwhile Taehyung opened up his laptop.

       "You didn't bring your computer?" Taehyung questioned as he took a glance at Jungkook.

      "I uh, I don't have one," Jungkook muttered, embarrassed.

      "Oh, well that's fine, let's start," Taehyung spoke.

Taehyung began googling images to draw for their first poem. Jungkook just sat back and gave his opinion on the images.

       "What about this?" Taehyung showed a simple picture of a hand with a red string attached to its pinky.

Jungkook stared at it for a minute.

       "That one is nice, draw the outline," Jungkook answered.

Taehyung pulled out a piece of blank paper and began the outline. Jungkook studied the elder, he looked so focused on the drawing with his tongue peeking at the corner of his mouth. Taehyung finished with the outline and looked back at Jungkook who was still staring at him. Jungkook didn't know why he didn't look away, It just felt right. The two stared at eachother, a glow in each other's eye. Just as that glow was getting larger, the sound of a phone broke it. Jungkook's phone was ringing. He quickly picked it up and answered.

     "Hey gyeommie," Jungkook greeted.

Upon hearing the name, Taehyung rolled his eyes and looked back at his laptop. He waited while Jungkook finished the call.

    "I'm not home right now though," Jungkook spoke.

     "Another time gyeom, Alright bye," He ended the call and walked back to Taehyung.

Jungkook apologized for the small inconvenience and the two continued to plan out their poem.
The small moment of gazing completely forgotten.
It was like a short moment they were only dreaming of, but woke up, completely forgetting about it.

♔ ♔ ♔

JK is that bitch who's fashionably late 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685 114 6
"I am supposed to be falling for Y/N! Where did you both come from?" "Have we chained you to the bed with a blindfold over your eyes? Who is stoppin...
5.5K 334 23
|Soulmate "Really? You're going to act like I didn't just save your life!" Jimin could only tell the truth Yoongi who could tell when you lied If...
503K 29.2K 44
"Do you believe in soulmates?" He asked. "Are you trying to subtly flirt with me?" The other asked. Hoseok's family was very different from the other...
18.9K 1.7K 30
"Have we met before?" "Can we please not make a conversation right now? I'm kinda busy being sad." ___ When Jungkook sees a lost someone in him, Tae...