Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Confusion.

31.9K 1K 372
By _justanotherwriter_

CAUSE DARLING IM A _______ DRESSED LIKE A ______. 

BTW FOR READERS WHO R CONFUSED: Jacob is a boy Cass meets in town after finding out Taylor loves her. Refer to chapter called The Truth for more details. :) 

And ADDITIONAL REMINDER: THE FIRE IS THE COMPETITION THAT PITS THE HOUSES AGAINST EACH OTHER. LOOK BACK AT THE 

Recap: Things are awko with Taylor, Cass bumps into Jacob, and has a little flirty/fighty conversation with Alex ;) 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Alex Waters made me want to punch a wall. 

And myself for letting him go. 

It's too early for these thoughts, Cass! And it was for the better. 

Then how come I'm still hurting? 

It'll get better. You can't expect to get over a boy so soon! You did love him. 

Ugh, why did he have to come back? 

He's here and there is nothing you can do about it! So just deal with it! 

I angrily shove some pasta into my mouth, sending an angry glare at Alex, who was chatting with Mark. 

"Woah, what did that penne ever do to you?" 

I glance up to see Jacob sit next to me, placing a plate down on the table. 

"Alex Waters infuriates me." 

Jacob bats his long eyelashes at me, grinning. "Please. Spill all the deets, girlie," his eye drops down into a wink. 

Taking a deep breath of air, I plunge into the story. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

"I mean, what you told me way back when was much more complicated than this, but this is still-just, wow," Jacob sighs, leaning his head on his hand. "I guess you took my independent woman advice." 

"I mean, I'm trying. But I'm gonna have to tell Taylor that I don't have those kind of feelings for him at some point, right?" I run a hand through my hair. 

Jacob looks over at Taylor and Alex sitting at the table, eating. "Honey, girls would kill to have two attractive guys pining for them." 

"Puh-leez, everyone has their issues and crap and Alex and Taylor are no different," I state, crossing my arms and leaning back. 

"It would just be easy for you to tell Taylor what's on your mind. And just don't give into Alex." 

"But it's so hard!" I whine, scrunching up my face. 

"Which one?" 

"Both!" I groan, causing Jacob to laugh. 

"Listen, I know this is gonna sound cheesy and shit, but Cassandra, follow your fucking heart," Jacob places his hands on my shoulder, giving me a 100% serious look. 

"My heart is what got me into this mess," I sigh, leaning my head on my hand. 

"Maybe it can get you out, too." 

****************************************************************************************************************

This was possibly the longest day of my life. 

I groan, getting into bed and closing my eyes. 

But I wasn't the slightest bit tired. 

Are you effing kidding me?! 

After an hour of tossing and turning, I got up and decided to go for a walk to clear my head. 

Follow your heart. 

Become Disney. 

Be one with Disney. 

I wish my life was a Disney story. I would know exactly what to do. 

But then my parents would be dead and evil witches would be involved. 

Focus, Cass! What the fuck are you going to do?! 

"I just want to disappear," I whisper, looking out at the lake. 

"Me too, Cass, me too." 

I jump, nearly falling over as Taylor stands next to me. 

"O-oh, jesus, you startled me," I nervously laugh, clutching my heart. 

"I tend to have that effect on people," Taylor slyly grinned. (Gif on right or above) 

"Shut up," I muttered, roughly elbowing him. 

"Can't sleep?" 

I shake my head, my messy bun bobbing. 

"Me neither. Too many thoughts, too little space up here." Taylor tapped his head. 

For once, I knew EXACTLY how Taylor felt. 

"It's nice to have you back," Taylor smiled, gently nudging me. 

His brown eyes shone in the moonlight, and in that very instant, my heart shattered into a million pieces for the second time this week. 

I was too scared to tell Taylor how I felt, or more specifically, how I didn't feel about him. 

Okay, I'm willing to admit a tiny part of me did like him in that way, but it would never work out. He didn't live anywhere near me, and I still loved Alex. I just ended things with him, so it wouldn't be fair to just jump to the next available guy. 

"So... how have you been?" Taylor looks back out at the lake. 

"Fine,"  I shrug, but I know his words have more meaning than that. 

What he's really trying to say is, are you going to pick me? 

"I mean-" Taylor sighs. "How much longer, Cass?" His voice drops to barely a whisper and I feel for him, I truly do. 

"Taylor, I-I, I'm stupid. I'm a great, big fat idiot and I don't know what to do," I gush, closing my eyes and shaking my head. 

"You can't keep doing this! It's selfish and mean and you're hurting people!" Taylor suddenly spits, turning around and taking a couple steps. 

Honesty hurts. 

Everything Taylor was saying was true, and that's what hurt the most. 

"I know-" 

"No! You don't know! I-I can't keep doing this," Taylor hisses, mostly to himself, and then walks away, leaving me in the dust. 

I blink, stunned. And slowly, I reach up and wipe away an unexpected tear. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

I wake up the next morning by two little hands shaking me. 

"Hrmf?" I groggily question, rubbing my eyes as two girls, Lily and Jenny, come into focus. "Morning, girls," I sigh, falling back on my bed. "Is everything alright?" 

They looked at each other, excited little smiles. 

"Kathy wanted you to meet her in the old supply cabin out back." 

"Did she say why?" 

They shake their heads. "No, but I would hurry up if I were you because the Fire is going to begin in the afternoon again." 

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be out in a sec," I smile and climb out of bed. 

I quickly get dressed in some casual clothes and brush my teeth, quickly racing out the door. 

Maybe she wanted to meet me with me privately to give me some advice? 

I reach the old cabin and swing open the door to find a small table with two plates and a candle in the middle. 

Um.... what? 

"Aunt Kathy?" I say to the quietness. 

No response. 

Confused, I walk back outside and only take one step when someone calls my name. 

"Cassandra Williams?" 

Turning around, I blinked at Alex, clad in a gray suit with a blue tie. 

Why does this feel so famili-

Oh. 

"Alex. What are you doing?" 

"It's our blind date, Cassandra," he winks. "Remember?" 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.6K 40
Sequel!! We're jumping a year and a half later. The girls struggled with the relationship since they had to hide it but the whole time they stayed a...
1M 27.2K 30
Annie and Kyle were best friends, until he ended it? but why? She soon uncovers the truth about being a rejected mate, will they make it or fail com...
9.5K 226 12
Sequel to Do I wanna Know. Reader and Spencer start dating and everything is perfect. Until it's not. How will they deal with Emily's death and the...
20K 1.5K 49
"Remember when we were voted cutest couple at the end of senior year? A lot has changed since then. Tell me- why did you come back?" Alex and Carrie...