Bad Boy Summer

Autorstwa grraciie_

sequel to bbr. please read that first :) ☆☆☆ hayden jones has been through a lot. a lot more than someone her... Więcej

p r e f a c e ( a g a i n)
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e

t w e n t y

202K 6.2K 26.6K
Autorstwa grraciie_

I GROAN AS I roll over, only to end up smashing my knee against the inside of the door. 

"Ah fuck!" I hiss out as my eyes open in fright. Bright light floods my view and I end up blinding searching for my sunglasses. I end up finding Chase's and put them over my eyes. 

After I had calmed down, I slowly glance around and take in my surroundings. We had stopped at a gas station somewhere along the road to home. Chase obviously had run into to get some things from the shop. I had been sleeping most of the trip and I felt really bad because I was suppose to drive back. 

Chase didn't seem to mind. He was just so damn great and I, in the most simplest way, was not

I was so fucking pissed at Chase's grandfather for getting to me so easily, for literally bribing me to break up with Chase. Thomas was an asshole, but I was more angry at myself that I somehow thought breaking up with Chase was my way of controlling things.

I might not be able to control external forces, but at least I could control what happens to others because of me. I didn't deserve to love Chase or to be loved by him. But I did and I felt fucking selfish because of it. I shouldn't feel like this. 

I just wanted to be with Chase and I wish it was that easy. But nothing ever came easy for me because karma was a bitch and she just loved fucking picking on me. I bite my lip as I sigh out and rest my head back against the chair; my brain currently experiencing life at fifty wtf's per second. 

Do I risk it. Do I get back with Chase knowing damn well his grandfather won't like that. That he'll follow through with his threats by pulling Chase out of university and firing him from the Architecture firm? I couldn't believe a grandfather would do that to his own legacy. 

But I've had my fair share of fatherly-figure assholes so I wasn't that shocked. 

Chase would be left with nothing. I would've single-handedly ruined his life and I would feel nothing but shit. Would he blame me? 

Probably. 

I felt like crying again. I run a hand through my hair and let out another frustrated sigh. I thought this would be easy. I thought staying away and keeping him safe would be a walk in the park. But it was very much not a walk. It was more of a crawl-on-my-hands-and-knees-while-the-ground-is-made-of-fucking-quicksand through the park. Oddly specific but it felt like exactly that. 

The driver's door opens suddenly, "Okay! So I got oreos a—" 

"Fucking cheeseballs!" I jump in fright as I flail back against the door. 

Chase shouts in fright, frozen in the middle of climbing into the car, "What the hell!?" 

"You scared me you asshole." I breath out as I clear my throat and calm myself down while taking his sunglasses off my face. Chase stares at me in silence for a few seconds before laughing and continues to manoeuvre himself onto the seat, "How about knocking?" 

"And have you lock all the doors?" Chase smirks at me and I can't help the cheeky, evil grin that stretches across my lips. "I know you too well, Jones. Especially because I got you oreos and m&m's." 

"Oooh, yay!" I cheer like the child I am as Chase places the snacks onto my lap. He had gotten himself a Powerade, slim jim and a chocolate chip cookie. I instantly tear into the oreos and begin to happily munch away. 

"You should probably take some more painkillers." Chase explains and hands me the reusable water-bottle i had somehow stolen from the hotel. We were suppose to pay for it but they didn't charge us. And of course there was no way we were going to bring it up with reception. 

"Thanks." I mumble as I do exactly what he told me. I quickly throw back two pills with some water before quickly going back to eating my Oreos. 

Chase pulls out of the gas station and soon we were driving smoothly down the open road. I wind down the window slightly to let some fresh air. It was a little cooler today, but it felt nice on my bare legs. I was only wearing a pair of denim shorts that I had first put on inside out this morning and one of Chase's hoodies. 

I couldn't be bothered by a bra, so it's safe to say I was very comfortable. His hoodie smelt like him and I would often take a deep inhale when he wasn't watching. I hope he knows he's never getting this one back either. 

Chase scoffs and I turn my head to look at him. He side glances me with an amused smirk, "You have oreo crumbs on your face." 

Before I could even react, he was reaching across and wiping the corner of my mouth with the pad of his thumb. He then lifts his thumb to his lips and cleans off the crumbs. My cheeks instantly redden. 

"What?" He questions with a grin while quickly glancing between me and the road. 

"N—nothing." I stutter as I go back to staring out my window at the passing scenery. I know I desperately needed to sort out what ever was going on between Chase and I—but I needed to do it on my own. With him here, he numbs my senses and affects my decision making. 

The music was softly playing through the speakers and the clouds were growing dark and heavy over head. There was an odd calmness in the air and I chose to focus on that rather than the pure shitstorm going on up in my mind. 

I could hear thunder rumble in the sky and I sink further back into the chair, getting comfortable as I watch a summer storm unfold outside the car. 

I end up getting hungry again, surprise surprise, and I open up my packet of m&m's. Chase instantly holds out his hand and I start to place the blue ones into his hand. My heart squeezes and I felt like crying while separating the coloured chocolate drops. 

After I eat the m&m's, I quickly go back to sleep feeling like a total fucking pussy. I was pathetic. 

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The next time I wake up, we were driving into Holden Bay. I smile lazily as I wind down the window further and inhale the salty air. The waves were going crazy with the incoming storm and I could see surfers when we passed certain popular spots. 

"You must be really tired." Chase scoffs as I glance over my shoulder at him, "You just slept through an entire phone call with Levi and Noah. I didn't even have to turn down the volume. That's impressive." 

"Wow, hand me a damn medal." A chuckle as I rest back into my set while stretching out my arms, "What did you guys talk about?" 

"They were just wondering how everything went. Oh, and they want you to know that they miss you." Chase smiles fondly as my heart beats for my two best friends. "Then I told them to stop being fucking pussies because it's only been three days." 

I tilt my head back and laugh lightly, "Of course you did." 

"Y'know, back in Caldwell, I never thought I would miss those two assholes as much as I do now." Chase chuckles as I pull my knees up to my chest and listen closely, "I mean, I use to miss Levi a but not anymore since we share an apartment. But I miss Noah a lot, that fucking piece of sunshine has become a big part of my life." 

"Your guys friendship is so special. Not as special as mine, Vera's and Penn's though." I smirk as Chase rolls his eyes with a sigh. I giggle, "I'm just kidding. Noah misses you a lot too, trust me I have to hear about it every time he comes over to my apartment." 

"That's one of the reason why I wanted to come here." Chase explains as his gaze heats me from head to toe. 

One? 

I clear my throat and quickly change the subject, "So...have you met Hayley?" 

"The girl Levi is crazy for?" Chase questions and I nod my head in confirmation, "Yup, I met her when Levi and I went out for lunch the other day. She's exactly like him but not at the same time. It's fucking amazing." 

I smile with a small sigh, "I'm just happy that he's found someone for him." 

"You know, you could've been that someone." Chase replies and I jump out of my seat in shock. I swivel at stare at him with a confused frown. 

"Wait? You knew Levi had a thing for me?" I question as Chase chuckles and nods. 

"How could I not? Even though Levi doesn't smile often, the smile you gave him was different. He blushed everytime you were around and he would often talk about you." Chase explains as my shoulders sag. Even after three years, I wasn't aware of that. 

I scoff, "I forgot how damn perceptive you are, all-seeing-one." 

"To be honest, I was so fucking jealous of him back then because you gave him more attention than me." Chase explains and I slightly pout at the thought of him being sad because I wasn't paying him enough attention. Chase then snorts, "But then again, three quarters of Elwood had a thing for you." 

By the time Chase had finished talking, I realised we were pulling into the driveway of David's house. I didn't want to come back just yet. I wanted to spend more time with Chase. I didn't care what we were doing, I just wanted to be with him. 

"I miss you." I state confidently while staring at Chase. 

He must've been a little shock from the sudden confession because he hits the break a little too hard, causing me to go flying forward. The seatbelt hits me in the throat and I end up choking. 

"Shit, sorry." Chase hisses as he turns off ignition and pushes the seatbelt over my head. He was smiling as he grabs a hold of my face lightly, "Okay, do you mind repeating that Jones?" 

I start smiling too, despite my throat hurting so much, and continue "I..." 

My gaze trails from Chase's face to over his shoulder. The door to David's beach house was opened and a few of them were waving at us from the porch. But I wasn't focused on that. I was focused on the new blonde. 

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me. 

I let go of Chase's shoulders and he moves back with a frown. I quickly unbuckle myself from the passenger seat and climb out of the vehicle. Emily was smiling as she skips down the steps with her new hair do flying in the wind. 

"So, what do you think?" She questions as she gestures to her new hair with a beaming smile. What was once long, dark chocolate hair was now completely blonde. It was slightly more silver than mine and it was annoying that she suited the colour. Her blue eyes popped more as did her slightly tanned skin. 

Anger easily rushes to the surface. Too quick for my liking. 

"What do I think?" I scoff as Emily's smile falters, "Was my clothes not enough, huh?" 

"I—I don't understand, Hayden. Did I do something wrong?" She questions with a pathetic sad expression on her face while she glances over her shoulder at everyone, except my mother and David, who were standing on the front porch. 

I lower my volume as I step forward, "You took my hair, you're trying to take my ex-boyfriend so why don't you just take my whole personality. And while you're at, take my whole fucking life, Emily." 

"It was a mistake at the hair salon, I swear. We tried to make the best of it." Emily says awkwardly as she runs a hand through her hair. 

I laugh darkly, "Of course it was." 

"Hay, she was really excited to show you." Vera explains from where she stood up the top of the stairs, her hands caressing his belly. 

"Who? Me?" I question before my eyes flicker back to Emily and I smirk, "Or Everett?" 

Emily tries to reach out for me, "Hay—" 

"Don't." I say, more affirmative as I step back from her. I stare at her for a second longer, scoff, before marching up the stairs. Everyone was staring at me as I storm past them and inside. "I need a fucking nap." 

aaaaaand email strikes again. 

trust me, levi is already counting his bottles of lighter fluid and his matches. 

we were also sooooo fucking close.

i noticed this on the last chapter and i know i'm shit at maths but sumfin not addin' up

🤔🤔

is wattpad becoming the new youtube?? hehehehe

anyways, let me know what you guys thought on this chapter!

*also, i'm trying to reply to private messages at the moment. super sorry for the late replies but just know that they're all so damn appreciated. keep them coming* 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.4K 179 45
--completed- Mariella looks forward to going to the beach house every single year. She's gone with her friends for as long as she can remember. The s...
164K 2.9K 29
"Hey! Wait a second." The unidentified guy said. "Um, hi?" I asked confused. Little did I know that this was a summer I would never forget... ~~~ Emi...
1K 30 23
(WARNING CRINGY MADE THIS WHEN I WAS 11 AND ONE OF THE CHAPTERS I DELETED BC IT WAS A MAGER XX SEAN AND PEOPLE WERE MAKING FUN OF ME FOR IT! IMMA WRI...
167K 3.4K 45
Kayla Hossler goes to visit her older brother for the summer, but what happens when she falls for one of his friends?