family affair - p.walker (DI...

By LANISREIGNS

the romeo and juilet of LA. based on the first two movies of the fast and furious franchise, "the fast and t... More

prologue
cast + characters
the need for speed racer
do what i gotta do
6'2 with blue eyes
asher
hello?
nights like this
outside the fence
get me home
being in love, being in denial, and being whipped
brian o' conner got a girlfriend?
family (one)
family (two)
your f*cking dream came true
he's back?
should i stay or should i go? (one)
the game plan

should i stay or should i go? (two)

1K 49 2
By LANISREIGNS

"what do you want for breakfast girl?" mia asked simone as she was gonna start making breakfast soon.

"pancakes, eggs, and bacon" simone told her. "I can help you if you need it".

"you were going to anyways" mia chuckled. "you'll do pancakes and i'll do eggs and bacon".

"okay" simone responded as she took out the ingredients for the pancakes.

halfway through making the breakfast for the two, there was a knock on the door. since simone was just waiting for the pancake to be brown and mia was actually on the stove with the eggs, she went to open the door.

the person who was at the door was someone that simone was not expecting.

especially since that person was brian.

simone didn't say anything but just look at brian and brian was at a similar loss for words. they haven't spoken to each other in a week and they both thought that they would be out of each other's lives for good. but now here they are, face to face, and yet they're at a loss for words.

mia came out of the kitchen and saw that brian was here and she was stunned to see him. she also knew that they needed to talk urgently so she knew what to do to break the ice between the awkwardness going on.

"simone how about you and brian catch up... i'll finish breakfast" mia said to her. "you can eat when y'all done".

simone just nodded her head as she lead the way to take brian into mia's bedroom. brian sat down on the bench that mia had in her room and mia closed the door and sat on the bed. they were both still silent, as they just stared at each other. the awkwardness that was once in the living room was now in the bedroom, and it was confusing for both. especially since they both thought that when they would see each other again they would both be happy.

instead of happiness and kissing, they were just silent. pure silence.

"I see you're living with mia now" brian said two minutes later finally breaking the silence.

"yeah" simone sighed.

"how come?" brian asked her.

"darryl was pissed that we were together and that I wouldn't leave you and I was pissed that he was trying to control my life so I left my house and I'm staying with mia until I find my own place" simone told him.

"it's because of me?" brian wondered.

"you know darryl doesn't like you so yeah. I wasn't gonna lose you though so I gave up my brother for you" she said.

"however I don't know if that was a good or bad thing considering that you haven't said a word to me since that day. so maybe I was wrong".

"I was just in a bad place the past week" brian told her.

"bad place? what was wrong?" simone wondered.

"I was lost since I lost my friends and felt like my rep in the streets was gone, I felt like I lost everything" he said.

"you didn't lose me" she said. "you never lost me... so why didn't you ever talk to me? why did you never come see me?".

"why did you never come see me, why did you never come and talk to me?" he asked her back.

"cause I thought that you were gonna drop me for your friends, I thought that you wanted nothing to do with me" she sighed. "so I just left you alone".

"and I thought that darryl blocked you from speaking to me" he told her.

so now brian and simone were left feeling weird and hazed with the realization of the lack of communication. now here they were talking for the first time and brian still hasn't even dropped the bomb that he's gonna he helping in arresting her brother soon.

things could either go left or right at this point.

"i'm sorry simone, I should've reached out" brian told her.

"i'm sorry too... looks like we clearly both messed up" simone added. "now we're on the rocks".

"we're not on the rocks, we're not gonna be" brian said. "we can fix this".

"so by fixing it, do you wanna hang out with me today?" simone asked him. "we can have a day to ourselves it'll be fun".

"I actually have somewhere to go today" he told her.

"there goes for us to fix things" simone scoffed. "where?".

".... I actually have to go to the office, police office" he said.

"police? what did you do?" she wondered. "they found out about the street racing?".

"no... they proposed for me to do something for them" he began to say.

"they want me to arrest some people on some charges, and those people include your brother".

when simone heard that she was in shock. not only was her brother about to get arrested, but her boyfriend was gonna be the one to do it. it felt like the twilight zone, and everything felt so weird and not right.

"so you're gonna put my brother in jail" she said calmly. "on what charges?".

"for what he did to that guy, on assault, battery, second degree murder since one of the guys died, and robbery" brian told her.

"oh my god! he's getting all of that?!" she gasped.

"he'll probably get off on some but he'll get time, especially since he did stuff" he said.

"so why are you telling me this? you're gonna arrest my brother and then rub it in my face?!" simone exclaimed.

"I told you this because I wanted to get your word before I did anything. I wanted to tell you before I did anything cause I felt like it would've been wrong for me to arrest your brother and not tell you, do things behind your back. I wasn't even gonna take this job and I even spoke to tej before I came to you because I wasn't sure" brian explained.

"I didn't want to hurt you so I wanted to check with you first".

"despite any issues that my brother and I may have had, I could never be okay with my brother going to jail" simone said.

"but at the same time, I know what he did was wrong, and I know what he's been doing is wrong so if he was to get arrested... I wouldn't be surprised".

"but at the same time, the fact that my boyfriend is helping in on locking up my brother of all people doesn't really sit right with me" simone finished it off.

"but what if i'm doing the right thing? I am doing the right thing, you know what darryl has done, you know that he's done wrong and we need to get him on that" brian told her. "he could get off for all we know".

"but he won't, he won't get off" simone said with a tear in her eye.

"he's a black man in los angeles brian, you know how it is for us out here. you know how it is in this world for us. he will get hard time and that's it. I will be the last one standing".

"regardless of how you feel and how I ever felt, darryl is still my brother, my BLOOD brother. I still deeply care for him and I would never want him in trouble or harm. I understand that you have a job to do but I don't want that job being that you have to take someone dear away from me" she said.

"i'm sorry simone, i'm really sorry" he said to her.

"it just sucks" simone sniffled up. "sucks that my brother has been doing this and now it's gonna cost him".

"nothing has to happen, I won't do it" brian said.

"like you matter, regardless of whether you're helping them or not darryl's still gonna be arrested. you just won't be linked to it" she said.

"if you thought that you trying to get approval from me so that you could go arrest my brother would motivate you to do this... you must've been the worse cop out on the streets. my approval wasn't gonna disguise the fact that darryl was still gonna be arrested and that he was gonna be taken away from me, it just wouldn't be you doing it".

"so... when is this supposed to happen?" she asked.

"don't know, we're supposed to start investigating soon" he said.

"well whenever it does happen, don't come and tell me for my "approval" simone sighed. "you don't need it and I  don't want to give it".

brian was sitting in silence realizing that things did not go the way he thought. now he was beginning to regret asking her, especially since it didn't really work. all it left was their relationship even more strained than it already was.

they were sitting in awkwardness again and eventually, brian just got up and left. he left mia's house and simone was just sitting on the bed, distressed and upset. brian was just talking about how his life was such a mess and how he felt lost.

meanwhile simone's was the same way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 10K 44
"𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡." While Brain is in Miami he meets a girl and sleeps with her. That one...
658K 13.2K 72
'Don't look at her like she's a bad girl. She's just misunderstood sometimes, she's a little troubled and she's a little dysfunctional, but she's a s...
60.2K 1.4K 17
"The adrenaline and stress of an adventure are better than a thousand peaceful days." [the fast and the furious - furious 7] brian o'connerxoc
755K 17.7K 48
"Heard about all the things you've done. And all the wars that you've been in. Heard about all the love you lost. It was over before it began. Heard...