Neglected [D.O Kyungsoo x Rea...

By minyawngi

As an old high school best friend of Sehun's, you tried to keep in touch as much as possible. Of course, you... More

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

2.4K 84 41
By minyawngi

Chapter 2

“So they call you by D.O?”

“Yeah most of the time, but you can call me Kyungsoo. I really don’t mind.”

“Okay, Kyungsoo,” she giggles. “Have you two decided?”

Sehun and him look at each other and nearly say it in unison: “Beef.”

While some of the boys sat for breakfast one morning, and the others were out shopping or sleeping, D.O replayed that one night in his head. That dinner, from start to finish, bothered him. For good and bad reasons, obviously.

“D.O, pass the salt.”

No movement. No reply.

He had zoned out, once again.

“Yah, Kyungsoo~?” Baekhyun called out, snapping his finger in front of his face. D.O’s eyebrows quirked up and his eyes flew over towards him apprehensively.

“Yes, yes, what?” he replied blankly and Baekhyun rolled his eyes, reaching over and grabbing the salt himself. The other four at the table chuckled and continued to eat. Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun and motioned towards D.O.

“Dongsaeng’s been day dreaming a lot lately,” he explained, laughing. D.O flicked a piece of his food over at Chanyeol’s face, rolling his eyes when he merely picked it up to eat it after it hit him.

“I have not,” he murmured. “I’ve just got a lot on my mind with the Bejing concert in a few days.”

“You shouldn’t be so worried,” Baekhyun stated between eating. D.O gave a curious look to his hyung as if to ask why. Baekhyun shrugged while taking a sip of his drink, “Well your Chinese pronunciation is better than Kris hyung’s—he sounds like dog gibberish—so you should be fine.” He teased.

“YAH, WHAT IS THIS?” Kris shouted laughing and Baekhyun grinned playfully from behind his cup, stifling his own snickers. The others hollered towards him and laughed, agreeing for the fun of it. “GANGING UP ON HYUNG, I SEE.”

D.O smiled and sat quietly, admiring how big this how grown just because of a simple remark to him. It wasn’t long before he excused himself from the table, leaving that chaotic mess to ease itself and heading to a specific place he had in his mind since his thoughts this morning: Sehun’s room. His plan involved somewhat of asking Sehun for your phone number, probably uncomfortably and making things more awkward than they needed to be, then talking with you afterwards. He hadn’t quite calculated anything after that because he thought it’d be damn good if he even got past this part first.

Truth be told, he had only seen you one other time after the airport encounter, and that was for a mere two seconds when you came to pick Sehun up for lunch one day. It was weird feeling, yes, but he actually missed hearing you talk and seeing you smile.  Three days was more than enough time for him to beat himself up about not talking to you much that night. But in his defense, he debated, D.O had been admiring you all that time he was silent. That counted for something, right?

D.O knocked on Sehun’s dorm door lightly. No answer. For a brief moment he thought of just letting it go, but instead he merely opened the door himself and stepped in. Sehun was sprawled across his bed, eyes half lidded, head bobbing, and D.O could hear the music blasting from his ear buds; it was that loud. However, when Sehun spotted him in the doorway, he seemed to be revived from his half slept state.

“Hyung,” Sehun acknowledged him happily, removing one of the buds from his ear. He sat up in his bed with a grunt, “What’s up?”

“Can I ask you for something?”

“Of course; anything after you helped me earlier this week.”

He felt silly and ridiculous asking Sehun, but if he wanted to remedy whatever sort of feelings he had, he was going to have to at last be able to talk to you. And even that was a lot to bargain for.

“I wanted to talk to your friend about her stay so far…” Which wasn’t completely a lie. He would ask her how it was going…right after he got to know her a bit more.

“Noona? She won’t be over here until the end of the week,” he said pursing his lips in disappointment. However, he did chuckle a little at D.O’s request. Why would he want to talk to his best friend so badly about her trip, especially when [Name] had only been here for four days…? One of his brows raised subconsciously out of his own curiosity.

“Do you have her number?” D.O asked him, then realized how stupid of a question that was. He put his hand out to stop Sehun from even responding and face palmed himself with the other. “Don’t even answer that. Can I…can I have her number?”

D.O rubbed his arm uneasily. Heat had crept onto his cheeks quickly, a dull pink catching Sehun’s attention. Sehun begun laughing openly now.

“Why are you so flustered, hyung?” he teased, chuckling.

“I’m not flustered!” he grumbled in a hushed tone. D.O raised his hand as if to smack his friend, but put it back down with a satisfied smile when Sehun flinched, though still laughing.

“Whatever you say.”

Regardless, he tossed him his unlocked phone for a minute so he could get the contact info.

Not without some reluctance…

                                                             ---

It was night, and the house was pretty silent. There were the few mumbles that could be heard from one of the dorms where Kris, Baekhyun, and Suho (he guessed) were talking over the plans for tomorrow, along with some shifting in another dorm where he knew Yixing was pulling out clothes for the next day. Everyone else, he assumed, was asleep. Yet, here he was with his cell phone, of course. D.O sat alone in the kitchen, his thumb hovering over the call button anxiously. He had re-read the dialed number so many times now that he had practically memorized it. At one point, he found himself humming the numbers and replacing the lyrics of one of EXO’s songs with them. He was stalling and it was working, unfortunately. It took him a few minutes to let his finger fall and tap the green dot lit on his screen. Then he started thinking, and things always got worse when he thought about them too much.

He thought about how stupid this seemed because now…what in the hell was he gonna say to you when he called? He didn’t know you; you two had literally only gotten one encounter together…

But that had been enough to make him feel the way he did, right? And he had gone as far as asking for her number from Sehun, and holy shit was that awkward, so maybe he—

“Hello?”

D.O froze.

The smoothness of your voice nearly made his hand holding the phone quiver.

Was it even possible to sound beautiful?

You answered again when there was no answer, this time some confusion coating the greeting. “Hello..?”

He squeezed his eyes closed tightly and took a silent deep breath before finally answering back, “Hello—I’m sorry, I-I just—”

“Kyungsoo?” you asked, not meaning to interrupt him. You sounded somewhat pleased to be talking with him, which you were, secretly. He bit the inside of his mouth at the thought of your smile on the other side of the phone.

“Yeah,” D.O replied briefly, feeling his brain go fuzzy again, “Hello.”

“Hi, ahaha,” you laughed, “You kind of already said that.” He winced at the stupidity.

“Aish, I’m sorry,” he muttered, then quickly went to change the subject, “H-how are you?”

“I’m great,” you told him, the smile in your voice very evident. D.O could hear background noise, lots of moving and shuffling.

“I didn’t catch you at a bad time, did I?” he asked while leaning against the kitchen counter.

You hummed in amusement. “Nah, I’m just getting things ready for work tomorrow.”

He plays around with the thought. Sehun never mentioned what you actually did for work to him, but he figure he’d ask her that later. He heard you sigh in relief a little later when all the noise and movement had ceased.

“Oh, I hope you don’t mind that Sehun gave me your phone number,” he says after a moment of silence. You shook your head, though obviously he can’t see.

“Of course not,” you reassure him, then confess, “I was actually going to get your number from Sehun so I could thank you for all your help that day, but seems you’ve beat me to the punch.”

“You could thank me by having coffee with me tomorrow morning? It’s my turn to buy for the group anyways,” D.O suggested without thinking about what he was saying. And once it hit him, he felt his chest grow tight. Why would he even say something like that? he thought miserably.

“Why not?”

D.O’s corners of his mouth twisted from worry into a quirky smile, “Really?”

“Yeah,” you replied sincerely. “Coffee sounds fantastic, actually…” You paused for a second. “I can meet you for a second time there then. Plus I’m sure you’ll need a little help carrying 11 cups back to the studio, right?”

“Yeah but…”

“Yes?” Your voice was so delicate and sweet and D.O almost forgot what he was going to say.

“Sehun,” he then said quickly, “He’s not expecting you to come by until the end of the week. I don’t even think he knew I called you today.”

“A little surprise never hurt anybody, Kyungsoo.”

Your laughs mingle together through the phone.

“Alright,” he exhaled, “Whatever you say.”

“Trust me, he’ll be fine.”

D.O smiled, feeling a little fidgety because he didn’t know where to go from there.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow, right?”

“Looking forward to it. Goodnight Kyungsoo.”

“G-goodnight.”

He could hear you chuckle just before you hung up, then he was left in the silence of the kitchen. He stared at his phone blankly. What the hell had…did this just really happen?

D.O jumped slightly when he heard someone enter the kitchen from behind him. He whipped around quietly to find Yixing browsing through the fridge, closing it and moving to the cabinets when he didn’t find what he wanted. Yixing noticed and glanced back at him, smiling. It faded when he saw D.O’s face.

“D.O-ah, are you sick? You look so pale,” Yixing questioned softly, knitting his eyebrows in concern as he pulled a bag of Lays (HAHA) from the cabinet.

D.O was still for a while, trying to figure out if he could even speak real words now.

“I’m fine hyung…” he managed, offering Yixing a slight smile a second later, “I’m great actually.”

                                                             ---A/N: Heyyy guyysss, so sorry this is late. School is... -.- school. But I'm gonna try and force myself to write a new chapter of this every Sunday, so yeah. Up vote if you like (: The story will be much better as it goes along, I promise ahaha <3Msg me feedback or criticism?  Byyyyyye(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

958K 36.3K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
132K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
590K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.