Fight for Her

By annesurak

~~~ Ryder's face turned angry as he pushed me back up against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I co... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Home
I need your help!

Chapter 1

526K 10.8K 11.6K
By annesurak

2020 UPDATE: Hello, this is the author (duh). My name is Anne and I'm here right now to say that this book isn't meant to be a work of art / beautiful literature. I want to warn readers that even though this book isn't poorly written, it's definitely not my best lol. I have grown since and have improved my writing but haven't had the time to come back to this book and revise it. So please, be kind to this book and others in the comments and just keep an open mind throughout your read!! I love you all and thank you so much for dedicating time to Fight for Her, and if you want a little more improved/mature romantic reading then check out my book Almost Lucky!! Once again, thank you all <3

Hey guys! This is my first book that I wrote on here, so I really hope you enjoy it! (And if you want you can check out my other books! Just go to my profile and they'll be there!)

And this book is now published on Barnes and Noble NOOK, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Lulu, and Kobo bookstores FOR FREE! So you can read it anywhere, anytime if you don't have Wattpad on certain devices. :)

This book may not be copied or published without the authorization of the author. Copyright 2014. Because if you do copy my book, imma whip yo ass. Toodles! :)

Here you guys go!

Chapter 1

I stood silently outside my new high school. A gust of cold, harsh, November wind slapped me in the face and my cheeks turned red. I saw students walking in the entrances and chatting away. The school was huge. Actually, huge was an understatement. It was ginormous.

I hesitated at the entrance before taking a deep breath and walking in. I was going to be the new girl, the loner. I had no friends because I had left them all in California. I wasn't used to the cold Pennsylvania weather. I didn't like it at all. I wanted to go back home to my beach house and soak in the salted water with my surfboard floating beside me. I wanted the feeling of sand between my toes and the sound of waves crashing against the rocks.

I especially wanted to go back to my dad.

My parents had gotten a divorce right in the middle of the school year. But instead of me staying in nice, warm California, I was forced to move all the way to the other side of the country with my mom.

I mean, I loved my mom and all, but she was always busy working late nights and was never around. It was like living on my own.

"Move," I was bumped to the side as a kid pushed past me into the school. I wanted to punch him, but that wasn't the best idea.

I finally walked into school and followed the paper map in my hand to an office. The ceilings towered over me and kids crawled up the stairs. I heard the bell ring and suddenly the halls were empty and eerily quiet. I reached the office doors.

"Hello?" I asked when I walked in. There were red couches lining the walls and a lady sitting behind the desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?" she asked.

"Uh, I'm new here. I was just wondering where my classes were..."

She hopped up from behind her desk and grinned widely. I noticed the gray hairs popping out of her bun.

"Oh! Here, I'll show you!" then I followed the overly excited woman out of the room.

She talked about the halls and all the teachers and the school's programs until we reached a classroom at the end of a long hallway. A plaque outside the door read 'Mrs. Tulson'.

She smiled as she opened the door and I followed her in. Immediately, all the students' heads whipped towards me with curiosity. I just stared at the teacher, avoiding everyone.

"Attention class, this here is..." she looked at me questioningly.

"Ruby." I answered.

"Ah, yes! This is Ruby! She will be a new student and is joining your class. Please let her feel welcome." And then she grinned, patted my back, and left.

I looked around and finally at the teacher.

"Hi, Ruby, I'm Mrs. Tulson, your history teacher." She stuck out her hand and I shook it quickly.

"It may get a while to get used to, but this school's program is great! You'll feel at home in no time."

I scoffed quietly. "Sure."

She told me to take a seat in the fourth row, also the last row. The only people in that row were me and a girl to my left who looked as if she dip dyed her whole body in a tub of yellow and green.

Everyone stared at me until I sat in my seat. I hated school, always have. I just didn't get the point. At my old school I had always skipped classes to go do random stuff. Yeah, there were many detentions, but I didn't care. If living your life means getting into trouble, then hell yeah.

I sat back and propped my feet on the desk next to me. I zoned out as the teacher began talking about a war of some sort. This was going to be a long day.

Suddenly, I was broken out of my thoughts by the door opening. A boy walked in. Instantly noticing that he was pretty good looking, I shook my head and slumped back into my seat.

He had brown hair that looked softer than clouds with tufts stuck out in a messy but sexy way. His brown eyes held mystery to them, and as he looked around the class, they immediately landed on mine.

"Mr. Daniels, why are you late?" the teacher asked. His eyes looked over to her.

"I'm sorry Julie," he said, calling her by her first name. "I was busy."

"Busy with what I may ask?"

"You're better off not knowing." And then he winked at her. I rolled my eyes.

"Sit down." She growled, and then returned to her speech about dead history people.

I zoned out again and began to text on my phone in my lap.

George: I miss you Ruby. :(

Ruby: I miss you too G. Maybe you can come visit this summer!

George: I doubt it. my parents are talking about some cruise to Europe. Maybe you can come with us. Lol

Ruby: I wish, but tell your parents that I miss them too. Miss you! Xoxo

George: alright, I gtg babysit the neighbors again. Miss you too :) xoxo

I turned my phone off and suddenly noticed that the boy who was late was looking over at me. He had taken the desk with my feet propped up on it and was smirking.

"Texting your boyfriend?" he asked.

"Nope. I'm texting your mom."

He raised his eyebrows and then his smirk widened. "You should watch your tongue missy."

"And is that a choice for you to make?" I snapped back.

He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "I'm Ryder."

I looked back at him. "Ruby."

"Hm..." he said.

"What does that mean?"

He looked at me. "What does what mean?"

I laughed quietly. "What does 'hm' mean?"

"It just means that there aren't many people I know named Ruby. Actually, there are none."

I turned to face the front of the class. "There's a first for everything."

He didn't speak to me for the rest of the class, and I didn't speak to him. I noticed him glancing over a few times, but I acted like I was engrossed in the conversation Mrs. Tulson was having with the history book.

The day went by in a blur. Ryder was in two other classes with me. He was pretty much the only person I knew at this school so far.

Back in California, I used to fight. Like boxing kind of fight. It was fun, and I was definitely getting better each day, so I decided to find a local gym nearby my house to join.

I decided that I would jog since it was only a mile and a half away. The scenery was pretty I guess, but I still missed my daily runs along the beach in the evening. No way was I going to in the morning. If you wake me up before nine o'clock, there would be hell to pay.

I finally reached the old warehouse. It had foggy windows and the bricks were a dark brown-red. I walked in from the steel doors and looked around.

All I could see were men. All different sizes of them. Tall, short, stocky, skinny, intimidating, weak. As I walked past them to the back of the warehouse, they all turned their heads and stopped what they were doing.

I silently kept my head down and walked past them, hoping none of them would talk to me. Unfortunately, one came up and blocked my way.

"What're you doin' here?" he asked. His tall frame made me look up into his dark gray eyes. He wasn't ugly, but he wasn't exactly hot either. Muscles that looked like they were mountains bulged out of his arms.

"Training" I said in a 'duh' voice, and tried to side step him, but he only blocked my way again.

"Girls aren't allowed," he looked me up head to toe shamelessly, "especially weak ones."

That was it. I fumed with anger and punched his jaw with all the force in me. His head whipped violently back and blood trickled from his lip. I kneed him in the groin and he fell to the floor, gasping and holding himself in pain.

"Don't call me weak you fucking moron." Then I walked past him to the empty punching bag in the back corner.

Nobody dared to talk to me.

What do you guys think of Ruby?

I hope you like it so far, keep reading and it'll get more interesting!

IMPORTANT! "Fight For Her" is being entered in the Watty awards, so if you will be so kind as to vote for it, then I will be the happiest person alive!!! Thank you :)

Have a fantastic day, much love, -Anne :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 24.6K 30
Love never came easily for Nathan Reed. Growing up, when his friends would get girlfriends, he would always be the single one. He would be the one th...
28.9K 450 16
Ellie and Cole Phoenix Rising Book 1 ***Full finished book, fully edited is available on Amazon*** Cole has gone through hell to make it back to his...
1.8K 70 18
We reached the hospital and Ryder, still being gentle, jumped out of the car. Zach opened the doors for him and they rushed inside the emergency room...
9.2K 346 42
Kate Rogers just moved from Georgia to Louisiana, but not because of the reason you might think. Her parents and uncle dies and she knows no one else...