The Painter

By PenPsy

A smart school girl joined the school paper. Witness the horror unfold. More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Part 3

3 0 0
By PenPsy

In the News Room, Maureen saw Angelica sitting in her chair.

"What is it?" she asked as she walks to Angelica.

"Sit," Angelica commanded her

Maureen sat in a white monoblock chair.

"Have you heard the news?" Angelica asked.

"About the Anniversary? Yes I've known about it"

"Then I want you to be there to cover what is happening and I want the article the day after that"

"Ok"

"Know why the paintings are hung there and know who the painters are"

"Ok, but why?"

"Just take note that facts"

"I don't see that will help my article"

"Just do it and be observant in the paintings, and like you said, the facts you've gathered cannot be in included in the article"

"But why-------"

"That's all," Angelica interrupted and then stood. Maureen went outside the News Room confused.

At the end of class, Maureen went to her locker. As she open it, a bunch of small pictures landed in the floor. Few students looked at Maureen and got confused but Maureen ignored them and picked the pictures to study them. It was the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Juan Luna. It is the Last Supper, Madonna of the Rocks, Pieta and Spolarium.

"What the hell are these pictures doing here?" she thought to herself.

The next day, her Humanities teacher, Mr.Yarzo is done with their lesson. They still have 30 minutes to kill. They were silent when someone raised a hand that called the attention of Mr.Yarzo.

"Yes Ms. Precious?" Mr.Yarzo asked.

"Sir I've heard from my teacher that someone ...I don't know..... got killed here in our school four years ago?"

Everyone silenced because of what Lester asked. Mr.Yarzo looked at his students and he landed on a conclusion that everyone is interested on what happened.

"From whom did you heard that information?" Mr. Yarzo asked.

"From my Math teacher Sir."

Mr. Yarzo silenced. He thought to himself that he has no other choice but to reveal the truth.

"Yes, someone was killed here in our school and her name is Fatima Reyes," Mr.Yarzo said as he went to the door and closed it. Maureen's classmates got very nervous.

"You're about to hear the secret this school kept many years ago. But I want you to promise me that it does not come out in the four corners in this room. If it does, I will know, and you will regret it," Mr. Yarzo sat.

"This school kept the murder because it might affect the enrolment. This School has a dignity to protect. A few faculties here at Michelangelo knew about the murder, a few deans, few students who are involved with Fatima," Mr. Yarzo said with thrilling voice.

"She is a 2nd year Highschool student. But others say that she was buried here in this very school, but that is what others say," Mr.Yarzo explained.

Everyone gasped and started murmuring to each other.

"How did you did you found out Sir?" one student asked.

"A few days after the night of the murder, (Mr. Yarzo and a few others knew the time of the murder because the following morning Fatima is gone) everyone started asking where is Fatima, including of course, her family. And because of that, we knew she was murdered," Mr. Yarzo said.

Everyone looked at each other.

"The Dean of Criminology in the College Department did her own investigation and found out that Fatima was murdered. In replace for her silence, the founder, Sir Leonardo Saint-Clair, gave her an astonishing amount of money. Two days after the murder, that night, we had a secret meeting, a meeting we sworn we never had. Members of that meeting included the Deans, a few faculty members and students who were friends with Fatima or even the ones involved with her, including the Editor-in-chief of The Painter, and.......... Maureen herself," Mr. Yarzo said, looking at Maureen.

Everyone looked at Maureen, all shocked.

"Members of that meeting were called Faculties of Criminology a simple cover-up for a complex secret. The next day, Fatima's family arrived asking where she is. Of course they're extremely worried. But Sir Leonardo is unbreakable. He will do anything for the sake of this school," Mr. Yarzo said, looking at his 20 students carefully.

"We told her family that Fatima got so frustrated with them that she left the town. The Editor-in-chief of The Painter made a fake article; they printed it in an old paper almost looks like our News Papers. We presented it as an old "News clipping" saying that a girl got hit by car...........named Fatima Reyes; the driver panicked and dumped her body somewhere outside town. The family got convinced and so as others, believing that Fatima was hit by a cold-blooded driver, but the truth is, she got killed by a cold-blooded murderer, and dumped her body nearby or here in our school," Mr. Yarzo said deeply.

"Where, Sir?" Beatrice asked.

"We don't know. We're still not sure if her body can be found here, maybe at the woods nearby or in this very school"

"Does Fatima Reyes had a rivalry with others sir?" Precious asked.

"Others say she had but others say she hasn't"

"Who is the real murderer?" one student asked.

"That, I don't know"

Maureen is just listening in the spooky conversation but seems her classmates are interested in it. But suddenly she stood, all her classmate looked at her.

"Since were at the conversation, I would like to have a confession. Fatima Reyes is my childhood friend," everyone gasped, but Maureen ignored them, Mr. Yarzo is just looking at her. "We played everyday in our playground. From sunrise to sunset, from Monday to Friday, from January to December. Fatima is very kind to me; she is a rich person that's why I get spoiled every time I'm with her. She always gives me gifts, food, and many more. I really love her as my friend, I really do. I cannot imagine my life without her. But one day, she arrived at the playground crying. I was stunned when she said that she is leaving because her family will move to America. I hugged her with all my strength. We cried to death. I cannot believe that she is leaving me after four years of laughter and friendship."

"When I reached 1st Year Highschool, I entered to this school. I'm a 16 year older so I'm matured enough to go on with my life. After a year, I heard from my neighbor that Fatima came back in the country. I'm excited to see Fatima because I've heard too that she is going to transfer here in our school"

"And when I saw her, she looked different. She is very beautiful, with long hair, silky skin and kissable lips. I was shocked because she is only a 2nd Year."

"I went to her classroom the next day; I want to talk to her after many long years."

"'How are you? It's been a while, how about your studies?'" I said to her, but I was shocked with her reply: 'Who are you? What do you want? If you want to copy my Assignment, I don't want to, you have to pay me first your respect and praise,' she said to me, my heart broke into pieces; I cannot recall in my mind that she uttered those words to me......"

There is a long pause when Maureen stopped. She cried quietly but her classmates is looking at her and trying to stop their tears to flow. Then Maureen continued again.

"I expect that she can recognize me and give her reply happily but, I guess people change, things change and fate change."

"I don't want to think what happened to Fatima is Karma, it's just the unreasonable fate that struck her. It happened three weeks after I met her. But at that short period, she gained many accomplishments, she is the Editor-In-Chief of The Painter, she won the National Competition for painting. Her painting The Hole in the Forest Floor was displayed in Pambansang Museo. She is a very good painter. I idolize her for being a good model...... for me. But still, I will miss her. Why? Because she is a part of my beautiful childhood. All I can say to her is, I will miss you Fatima, I will"

Maureen sat down and wiped her tears. Beatrice holds her hand and tries to comfort her. Her classmates are looking at them but some are crying to tears.

"We don't understand, Maureen, if you care about Fatima, then why did you hide the truth about her murder? Why are you a member of the Faculties of Criminology?" one bright student asked.

"I believe I have to answer that, you can now sit down Ms. Tan, thank you," Mr. Yarzo interrupted.

He eyed his students.

"Sir Leonardo is French; he came to our country to promote tourism in France and also to do research about our country. He fell in love our nation and then became a permanent citizen here. Sir Leonardo is known for his influence in Paris, France, renowned for his ability to formulate impossible theories which, is still in the four corners of his laboratory, because it still needs proof. But he became so influential there that the French government is willing to do anything for him. Anything, including the protection of his authority and the morality of his school. Sir Leonardo is always suspected as the mastermind of different crimes that involves suing his work. He is so passionate about something that he is willing to accomplish it. So the members of the Faculties of Criminology are not just members, they are blackmailed members, willing to do anything to keep the secret kept," Mr. Yarzo looked at Precious. "And now Precious looks like you and your classmates are now the brand new members of the Faculties of Criminology," he smiled. "Because the number one rule in our group is; 'Keep the Secret untold. But when the Secret is unfold, punish the teller, but love the listener'" he continued while smiling. "Which means, we don't have any other choice but to explain the secret to the one being told, but for the one who told the secret, the punishment is very upsetting," he said smiling.

"Who told you about Fatima again?" he asked Precious.

Everyone became nervous.

"Dr. Lisa sir," Precious said nervously.

He smiled.

"Looks like somebody is going to follow Fatima in the grave don't you think?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fly By Yasashi :D

Mystery / Thriller

8 0 1
A Young teenage boy who looks up to his sister , yet she committed suicide.As a result he decided to investigate the case and the longer he investiga...
69 1 13
Just a story about a school of teenage mafia fighting and uncovering secrets. Includes a Murder Mystery and Romance.
91.2K 3.2K 30
A group of friends get trapped in their school along with their history teacher. A single game of Truth Or Dare to pass the time, soon turns into a g...
UNSPOKEN By juniper

Mystery / Thriller

26 4 10
After 4 best friends do something really terrible after finding themselves caught up with an illegal act at school, they decide to stop being friends...