His Rules Remain

By amndasingletary

He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips a... More

Chapter 1: A Man I Used to Know
Chapter 2: Honesty
Chapter 3: Contracts and Commitment
Chapter 4: Bare Your Soul
Chapter 5: Leather and Lace
Chapter 6: Learning the Ropes
Chapter 7: The First Time
Chapter 8: Needs and Wants
Chapter 9: At His Hands
Chapter 10: Here's the Plan
Chapter 11: Facing It
Chapter 12: Tyler
Chapter 13: Ashton
Chapter 14: A Night in the Pool
Chapter 15: You're Okay
Chapter 16: Submission
Chapter 17: Fair is Fair
Chapter 18: Cassy
Chapter 19: New Experience
Chapter 20: The Day is Here
Chapter 21: Preparation
Chapter 22: Boys and Girls
Chapter 23: The Stage
Chapter 24: In the Spotlight
Chapter 25: More than Me
Chapter 26: Daniel
Bonus Chapter: Daniel's POV
Chapter 27: Memory Lane
Epilogue

Chapter 28: Home Sweet Home

10K 196 29
By amndasingletary

A few weeks passed as we all fell into a more routine schedule. Ashton had taken Danny under his wing and they were nearly inseparable. Danny had finally come around to the idea that no one here was going to have any sort of judgment towards him and realized Ashton wanted more from him than just a casual hook up.

While I didn't ask, and he didn't offer, I was pretty sure Ashton had already shown him what he was capable of in his playroom. He seemed very attached to Daniel and I was relieved to see that they both seemed to fit together. Daniel had fight in him and Ashton liked taking control of that fight.

Aaron and I had scenes together often and he was working on teaching me new techniques in the playroom but oftentimes I got lost in his demonstrations and acted innocent so he would teach me a different lesson instead.

I had been with multiple people since the Gala as I trained next to Aaron in order to become a mistress in this atmosphere, but I never really felt the need to control things the way he did. I had opened up to the idea of him working with multiple submissives again as long as he remained open and honest with me about the different aspects of things he was teaching them.

As I laid in bed next to Aaron, I listened to the steady beating of his heart while I felt his chest rise and fall beneath my head. It was early Saturday afternoon and nothing was planned for today. We had agreed to lay in bed and watch movies until we came up with something else.

"I love you," I whispered. He glanced down at me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, too, my dear. Are you happy that your friend is here?"

"I am," I sighed, "So many things have changed since I have come here. I can see that more and more when I watch him with Ashton. He was so tentative at first, afraid almost. So much like me when I first walked through your doors." I sat up in the bed and he pulled himself up as well to lean against our headboard.

"Is that a bad thing?" Aaron questioned, curious as to where my thoughts were headed.

"No. It's just a lot. We have been together for nearly a year now and yet it feels like no time has passed. Between training with you and the guys, I feel like I have become an entirely different person. Like, sometimes, I don't even feel like me. Had I never met you again, I wouldn't be this version of myself and I probably would have been sold to some creepy man who would have used me up and thrown me out and--"

"Breathe," Aaron placed his hands on my shoulders, "You are starting to hyperventilate. You are safe and sound here so just calm down."

So many horrible things could have happened had I never walked through those doors. I would never have fallen in love with the man in front of me or had the opportunity to meet Cassy. I would never have had the chance to understand the realities of this lifestyle. I wouldn't be me.

I placed my hand on top of his as I regained my composure, "You have made me better."

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips, "No, love, you've just developed. I might have sped that process along, but your natural needs would have come out and you eventually would want a man to be a little rougher and tougher on you."

His soft lips pressed against mine and I took in every sensation that it sent through me and I felt my heartbeat just a little bit faster. Sometimes Aaron made me feel like I was the hero in the story. He made it seem like I was the one who would save everyone and that he was merely the sidekick, but I never envisioned it like that.

He was the hero and I had been the damsel in distress that he rescued from some faraway land and brought back to his castle. He had taught me how to slay my own demons and his friends--my friends-- taught me that sometimes it's more about perspective than reality.

"Can we go visit my family again?" I asked. It had been a while since I had actually gone to visit them.

I had gotten to go before the Gala event but I spared them the details of what actually would be happening there. My parents seemed relieved to see I was in one piece without any bruises or cuts on my body. Apparently my neighbors had ended up going to the Market as well and fate hadn't been as kind to them as it had to me.

They hadn't expected me when I arrived and so they were in a fit when Aaron walked in behind me and the house was what my mother described as a wreck and I countered it as being perfectly clean. But who was I to argue about the three plates in the sink and the wilting flowers in the living room? It was unacceptable for company to see.

"Of course," Aaron gently brushed strands of my hair behind my ear as he smiled adoringly at me.

"I had actually spoken with your parents the other day and had planned to go up there tomorrow sometime as a surprise for you, but you always seem to be one step ahead of me when it comes to planning." He admitted and I couldn't help but giggle at his play exasperation, "How am I ever going to surprise you with something if you continue to be ahead of me?"

"Tomorrow is fine!" I insisted, "I just haven't seen them in a bit and phone calls only help so much, you know? I miss my sister a ton as well."

"I'm sure you do. But you've been incredible through all of this and now you can see them whenever. I'm not worried about you backing out of this relationship anymore."

"I honestly can't believe you were worried about it in the first place. You always seemed so perfectly in control of your emotions."

Aaron paused as he took me in, "Not everything is so obvious. There were plenty of nights after you had fallen asleep that I would text Ashton and Tyler to tell them I was worried you wouldn't want me in the morning. I was convinced several times that I had pushed you too far and you were going to pack your bags and leave, but you never did."

"There were a few times towards the beginning when I thought that I wouldn't be able to do it either. I don't think I really ever got over that fear until Tyler talked to me in the garden." My voice was tight as I thought about all the emotions from that day, "I was convinced after I had that meltdown you were going to be done with me."

"Never."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I finally snuggled back into his chest and we resumed watching movies. I was grateful to be here and be in his arms. This was where I wanted to be all the time and it felt like I finally felt like I had a purpose.

Aaron had let me start working at the lingerie shop part-time whenever I wanted just to keep me occupied while he trained with others, but he never made me go. I could sit and watch him train if I so felt like it and at first I did. But I trusted him after everything we had been through and felt silly for ever doubting that he would be loyal to me.

The next morning was exciting. I had decided to wear one of my nicer spring dresses. It had pink and blue flowers on and the dress itself was a light blue and fell to almost my knees. I was excited to see my family again and I was impatient when Aaron seemed to be taking forever.

When I was finally able to drag him from our room, it felt like everyone in the world wanted to stop and talk to us along the way before we could get to the car. Purposefully, Aaron would stop and talk to each individual along the way just to get my blood rushing. By the time we actually made it to the car, I was ready to knock him out and drive there myself, but he made jokes about my annoyance and told me that we had plenty of time and the rest of our lives to see them.

Finally, at the house, I rushed inside to see everyone and was immediately wrapped in my mother's embrace. My father quickly joined and I could hear my little sister groan as she wasn't able to squeeze her way in. When my parents let go, I grabbed Cassidy up and hugged her tightly, swinging her around in a circle.

It was more obvious now that the money Aaron had been supplying them with had helped. The house was well put together and everyone seemed a lot less thin. Some of the broken furniture had been replaced but this was still very much my home.

I helped my mother make some tea while Aaron spoke with my father in the living room and I was thrilled to see them getting along so well. Aaron could win anyone over, but with the way things had started, these were conversations that could have been much more awkward. Cassidy shrieked as Aaron would throw her over his shoulder and spin with her until she was dizzy. I handed him some tea as I sat beside him and spoke to my parents about all the wonderful things I had learned.

I made a point to leave out everything about our sexual endeavors but I told them about Tyler and Ashton and how I had gotten the chance to see Daniel again. They were saddened by his parents' choices but it was a well-known fact that that was who they were. Knowing he had made a home with us relieved them as much as it had me.

The morning and afternoon were peaceful as we all went to lunch and went shopping together. Cassidy picked out some new clothes and Aaron refused to let my mother pay for them. He said it was a treat for him to get to spoil another Dowell girl for once and he didn't want to miss the opportunity.

The day was more than wonderful. The weather was beautiful and my family was here and laughing beside me. I had my best friend, someone I had come to love, by my side and I couldn't really think of anything better than this moment.

When we arrived back home, I went upstairs and helped my sister put all her new clothes away. Aaron was downstairs with my parents and I knew that we would probably be going back to the mansion soon. When I descended the stairs, my father was shaking Aaron's hand and I wondered what kind of deal he had struck up now.

Aaron took my hand and placed a sweet kiss on my forehead, before leading me to the backyard. There were candles set out along wood planks in the grass that led towards the treehouse.

I sucked in a breath at the sight and he led me down the path to where he had played so many times before. He stopped under the treehouse and wrapped me tightly in his embrace.

"McKenzi, you are my world now."

I thought that I might cry so I didn't dare say anything to ruin the moment.

"We've been through so much in a year. You are so much stronger than I imagined and I am unbelievably proud of you. I know none of this was easy and when we were little, I never imagined life would end up this way between us. But it did and it's all so perfect now.

"I have no doubt that we will have fights and argue over things that don't matter that much but as long as I have you by my side, those fights will never bother me." He paused as he looked around, "This is where we met, you know? You were climbing up into this treehouse and I ran to the fence to have someone else to keep me company. And for years, it was just you and me, right here in our perfect imaginary kingdom built on the branches of an old tree."

"The tree served us many faithful years and so many otherworldly adventures for us. I remember pretending it was a spaceship and we were somewhere floating in the universe and couldn't get back."

"Me too," He whispered, "But we got back to this world, together, and I went home and you went inside and we made new stories every day. You want to make another story?"

Aaron looked down at me coyly before ushering me to the ladder of the treehouse. I started to climb up, "Don't look up my skirt."

Aaron winked, feigning shock, "I would never look up the skirt of a lady."

"Are you sure the treehouse will hold us? We are a lot bigger now." I realized as I started to open the latch to the door.

"We'll be fine. Go." As I pushed the door open and climbed up unto the treehouse, I immediately took in all the flowers around me. It had been covered wall to wall in my favorite colored flowers of all kinds and there were several fake candles in the corners.

I could stand in the small house, but just barely. My eyes teared up immediately as I heard Aaron shut the door behind him. I turned around and my hands flew to my mouth as I took in his appearance in the light.

He was down on one knee and looking up at me with so much love and adoration, I thought I might fall apart right then. I brushed the tears away as he pulled out a small velvet black box from his pocket.

"So much has changed, you're right. But my love for you never did. From the moment I saw you in my home, every spark of emotion I had ever felt came racing back. The world around us is bound to change, Kenz, but I hope you will want to be with me through all of that change.

Aaron opened the ring box to the most elegant diamond ring, I could have ever imagined. The band wrapped around itself like vines on a tree that led to a perfect white diamond on top.

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks and I couldn't help it as I fell to my knees in front of him, too emotional to stand any longer.

"Marry me, McKenzi? Let's make new stories and memories every day, forever."

I nodded, "Yes, just yes!"

He slipped the diamond ring on my finger, and I immediately wrapped myself around him as I pushed him down in the treehouse. I kissed him with as much passion as I had ever felt and absorbed all the love he gave me back.

I marveled at the sight around me as I tried to regain my composure, but every time my eyes met his, I was thrown back into a fit of happy tears and related emotions. After a while had passed and I calmed as his kisses lingered on my skin, I looked down at the ring on my finger.

"Do you like it?" His voice was soft and hopeful and I had to take another moment to swallow all of my emotions down.

"It's perfect. Everything was perfect. How did you manage this?"

"I have a lot of good friends." He joked.

"They all knew? For how long?" Aaron wiped a few stray tears away as he traced his lips against mine in more attempts to calm my emotions.

"Essentially right after the Gala. I didn't want to wait any longer but I wanted it to be as perfect as I could get it." He held me close to his chest as he placed delicate kisses along my neck, "I love you, Kenz, I have always loved you."

We climbed down from the tree and headed back towards the car. "Am I still going to have to follow all your rules?"

Aaron opened the door for me to get in and spanked me across the ass playfully, "Oh, baby, you're always going to have to follow my rules." 

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 199K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
401K 7.7K 22
Rated R "Please, faster," I begged but he didn't oblige. "No, my control, my pace," he said. Then, I felt his lips on mine as he continued easing in...
426K 10.8K 12
It was now nighttime and I returned to my room which was very dark. The curtains were closed, strange I'm sure it was open this morning... Whatever...
2.3M 65.7K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...