reflection; lookism

By reverse-lights

Daniel Park transfers to Jae Won High School and meets all kinds of new people, including you. There, he and... More

info; notes
chapter one: genesis
chapter two: the new kid in town
chapter three: after school date
chapter four: newfound strength
chapter six: this is why you don't get drunk
chapter six (and a half): my apologies

chapter five: vasco, the shoulder grabber

109 8 1
By reverse-lights

You sit on your comfortable bed after taking a comforting, warm shower. It's been a couple of days since the fight between Zack and Daniel. Eli's texted you about it and you tell him everything since he's close to you in a way. Mira is still quite pissed at Zack, and rightfully so. She's a little mad at you too because you intervened during the fight, but she's over that. However, it's the relationship between you and Zack that's she has the most concern about. 

"I...don't know what to do..." you heavily sigh out, taking a deep breath in and then letting it out. You've been avoiding him for the past couple of days too and hanging out with Daniel a bit during lunch. He's also still a bit on edge about this whole thing, but you have been patient with him. 

Deciding to take a relaxing night, you dry your hair, take out a snack, turn on the TV in your room and cool your mind off that way. The rest of the night flows how you want it too and you forget your troubles until the morning comes

______________________________________________

It's finally lunchtime and you choose to sit with Daniel today, to just cool off being anywhere near Mira or Zack, even if Mira's not really mad at you anymore. Daniel doesn't mind at all, he's actually glad that he's hanging out with more people. As usual, Zoe is by his side and touching his arm and you leave them be. You stand next to him with your tray and you notice Daniel waving over to Jiho, asking the boy to sit with him. You don't mind at all but on the other hand, Zoe seems a little annoyed by his actions. Jiho sits next to him without hesitation, probably because he's scared of him. 

"Are you sure you want him to sit here?" you ask Daniel. He nods and you shrug, questioning him.

"Yeah, I mean the more the merrier! Anyways..."

"Where do you live?" Daniel enthusiastically asks Jiho. He doesn't answer him at all. Zack and his goons are looking at Daniel, and he's wondering if Daniel is making him look bad. You do your best to avoid eye contact with him and just eat. 

"The guy who took Zack down?" 

"Hehe, yup." Zack turns his head to the direction of the voice to find Vin Jin and his friends, who are students from the Vocal and Dance Department.

"He's pretty," Vin begins, "I'm better looking right?" he finishes with a resounding smirk. 

"Wow, he's handsome," one of his friends says. The other thinks that Vin should take off his sunglasses.

"I heard you lost to the pretty boy. Zack. You drag these other characters lol." Doo and his friends grimace at his insult. Zack scoffs a bit and puts his hands in his pants. 

"...Well. I lost to the pretty boy but I could probably take you. And the rats you hang with aren't normal either." You mentally facepalm your forehead and fear that what he's saying might bite him in the ass. 'Doesn't he understand that he shouldn't go around picking unnecessary fights anymore?!' You keep on eating as Daniel, Zoe, and Jiho are staring at the situation with having no clue on what's happening. 

"Hey. You wanna die?" The minute he concludes his sentence, he's greeted with Zack's fist and piercing look. 

"Try me." A drop of sweat trickles on Vin's face and seems to have lost some confidence. But then again, his hand is almost of Zack's chest, so maybe he still has that confidence. Both Daniel and Jiho seem a little worried, the latter being the more scared one out of the two. 

"What? Fight?"

"Zack and Vin?" Daniel turns his head to see Vasco, Jace, and someone else from the Architecture Department. His eyes widen to see the guy who saved him yesterday when his chubby self and Jiho were there at the convenience store. Daniel wants to say hi to Vasco, and he does while jumping out of his seat. Jiho is confused--actually, very confused. You are too and since you're done eating, you decide to observe the spectacle before you. 

Jace whispers to Vasco, informing him that he's the new kid and that he's probably trying to pick a fight. Vasco stares at Daniel and then at Jiho, and he realizes that Jiho is the other kid from yesterday. He takes a look at Zoe and after her, he looks at you, one of the prettiest students from the Fashion Department. He senses something about you and leaves you alone.  'Is he dragging around the weaklings?' Vasco thinks to himself. 'Handsome guys are...always bad!"

"H-hey..." Daniel's voice wavers as he tries to speak.

"Who are you, You know me? You. You've never been taken down, huh?" Vasco assumes. You raise an eyebrow at this statement, wondering if it's true. 

"Even if you're good looking and strong...don't screw around." Vasco places his hand on Daniel's left shoulder and squeezes it like a stress ball, not losing focus and putting pressure on that singular spot. You're a bit worried about Vasco, you see him do the same sometimes to the Burn Knuckles, especially during the first semester of this year. You warily scan the situation and tense up at what Vasco is doing. 

"Hey, what are you doing to him? He's done nothing wrong you know," you tell Vasco in a calm and sincere tone, but firmly too. He looks at you but doesn't respond. You let out a small huff, thinking that at the very least he could say something to not leave you hanging. The area around you feels rigid, and from the corner of your eye, Jay's blank stare is on Daniel and Vasco too. 

Daniel winces from the pain as Vasco keeps tightening his grip. However, he's not backing down yet and Vasco is surprised by how he's still standing, as most guys would already be on their knees by now. Again, Daniel shocks everyone by separating Vasco's hand from his shoulder. Zack has a smirk instead, but he's surprised too.

"Sorry if I bothered you. I thought you were someone else," Daniel lies, plastering a pained-looking smile on his face. You notice that he's obviously lying, he would not have waved over to Vasco if he didn't know him. But, you don't want to add more to the bonfire so you don't ask him about it. Daniel keeps squeezing Vasco's wrist as he is stunned by his immense strength. Jace is noticeably getting worried about Daniel, and how if Vasco lost the "fight" the Burn Knuckles would be disgraced. Knowing that he cannot let this go on any longer, Jace steps in between the two men. 

"Haha yeah! So you thought he was someone else?" He sheepishly confirms, rubbing the side of his head while Vasco and Daniel are confused. 

"Yeah...sorry."

"Nah, it happens. What class are you? Fashion?" Jace asks to lighten the situation.

"Yep.."

"Oh, so you're the new guy!" 

"Yep!" 

"Forget it and eat," the Burn Knuckles member coolly says, and Daniel seems as if he's crying tears of joy. Everyone's whispering about how Daniel can stand up to Vasco without much hesitation, and you are impressed too...again. Before Jace leaves the table, he leers at Daniel and you shoot him a look before he turns back to Vasco. 

Daniel keeps on eating and you chuckle a little, casing Daniel to look up from his tray. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you never cease to amaze me," you tease him. It's true though, after his fight with Zack and being able to break free of Vasco's famous shoulder squeeze, he's shown you how strong-willed he is. He blushes a bit and denies it, shaking his head and puts a spoonful of rice into his mouth. You smile at him and glance over at Jiho who still looks like he doesn't want to be at this table. 

"Hey, little guy..." Jiho is broken out of his trance. "Don't surrender to guys like that. Believe in yourself." Jiho puffs his cheeks from being called a "little guy" but he takes his words into some consideration.

"Hey, shut up and let's go eat," Jace scolds Vasco. He agrees and they leave the table. Across many tables from you, you see Eli's hair being fussed with by the girls at his table but he doesn't mind it. He grins at Daniel, or at least you think he is, and you wonder what's going through his mind. 

'I don't really care but, he's handsome and kind. He's kinda funny. Maybe he'll let me cut his hair?' Eli ponders for a bit. 

"Eli, try this!"

"Eli, take a look at my hair--would ya?" 

"Of course, of course, just give me a minute," Eli gently says, making their hearts swoon. You have no idea what's going with him, but you might ask him later if you drop by the daycare today. As you realize that you've been hanging out with Daniel and sitting at his table, you never asked him for his number. 

"Hey Daniel, what's your number? We've never exchanged ours even after hanging out for a bit," you bring up. Daniel takes out his phone and you exchange it to put your number in his phone. 

"There," Daniel smiles, "now we have each other's number!" You take your phone back and flash a grin at him, as a certain gelled-hair friend sadly looks at you with a tinge of regret and jealousy. 

Maybe it's time for him to apologize to you if he wants to get in your good graces and have Mira stop nagging him. 

_________________________________________________________

Hey guys, a bit of a short chapter compared to the last one, but hoped you guys enjoyed it! I just really want to get into the good arcs and I hope to expand my writing further and to get better at it. 

Anyways, I'll be taking a break because I've been writing nonstop. So, maybe I'll be back towards the end of the week, maybe sooner who knows :)

-until next time,

reverse-lights 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 589 30
[ various! lookism × fem! reader ] The bitter cold raged on, warm blood unraveled upon snow. The grievances in her heart remained. As usual. Yet sor...
12.9K 952 32
A Lookism x Reader story. "I wonder if I made the right choice, coming here, to live the dream I always wanted. But it seems I can't leave a certain...
83.8K 4.8K 20
❝You're so cute, I just want to put you in my pocket. And never, ever let you out.❞ It's said that those who are loved attract more love onto themsel...
1.6K 96 6
What if the world of Lookism is a game following Park Daniel's life, his transformation, his life's adversaries, his happy endings and sad endings. ...