chapter six: this is why you don't get drunk

okay, honestly, i give up using the 'present tense' so whatevs lmao. also, there's a "spoiler" about eli but idk it's been sometime so hopefully ya'll know abt him.

warning! not proofread sorry T^t 

_________________________________________________________

After school ended, you went to the daycare for the day to get some extra money, but to also spend time with the kids there. They loved having you there when you could make it, and it was always a great and fun time. It was supposed to be a nice distraction too since today was quite eventful at school and you overheard Daniel making plans with Doo and his friends, which didn't sound so good. You had also noticed Zoe listening in on their plans too; she probably wanted to come along too. But if there was no stopping her if Daniel was involved. You wanted to see what was going to happen, however, you needed a break from all these weird things that were happening at school so working was the best distraction you could come up with. 

You walked to the daycare which was a bit far from the school, but you didn't mind. The exercise was needed since attending practice is out of the question. You were hoping to see a certain someone--some people today too, and you haven't talked to them for a bit. As you began to get nearer to the daycare, some kids noticed you and waved to you. Giving them a smile, you waved back and the boss greeted you at the door. 

"Hello Y/N, are you working here today?" she asked with a calm tone. The boss was on the older side but she looked pretty good for someone her age. She was a kind boss too and the daycare made good money thanks to her and the others. 

"Yeah, sorry for dropping by after some time," you sheepishly apologized. She shook her head and said that it was okay. You walked into the daycare to be surprised by one of your favorite kids. The boss knew what was going to happen and smiled to herself, anticipating your change of attitude.

"Yena!" you cried out. You scooped her up into your arms and she squealed happily at the sight of you. The boss laughed at the toddler's reaction, even though it happened everytime when you came around. 

"She hasn't seen you for quite some time, so she's really happy to see you." You kept baby talking to Yena and the girl can only giggle and babble with joy. After a few seconds of that, you turned back to the boss. 

"I hope you don't mind if I take care of her all day. Her dad is quite reliant on me..."

"Of course! Me and the other caretakers will handle it," the boss chirped. She left the two of you alone as she walked with her hands behind her back, dawdling away to give more snacks to the other children. You dropped your backpack carefully with one hand and placed Yena on the ground so that you could put your hair up and wear your apron. You washed your hands and helped Yena with her too since kids could stick their hands anywhere without washing after. Then, you took Yena outside to get some fresh air and to be around the other kids. 

When you went outside, some kids asked to play with you but you shook your head no, saying that you wanted to spend some time with Yena for the day. They pouted but understood and kept playing with each other. You and Yena sat on the curb, watching over the children for some time. Yena looked at some of the girls who were braiding flower crowns and she looked at you with pleading eyes. You couldn't say no, so you let her go and she walked away to the girls. They all looked happy to see her and they started to make her one too. You smiled Yena, feeling happy that everyone was treating her nicely and she was getting along with the others.