THE LAURENT COVEN ยน

By AjxLawley

๐Ÿฆ‹ ๐”๐”ž๐”ก๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”จ๐”ข ๐”ค๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ถ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ข๐”ก ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ ๐”ž ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ฉ๐”ข ๐”ญ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฅ ๐”๐”ข๐”ค๐”ž๏ฟฝ... More

๐Ÿฆ‹
๐Ÿฆ‹
.001
.002
.004
.005
.006
.007
.008
.009
.010

.003

240 11 2
By AjxLawley

Chapter Three
003. Public Service Awaits!

DESPITE BEING EXHAUSTED FAYE SPORTED A STRONG CUP OF COFFEE WITH HER HAIR DOWN WITH ONE SIDE PINNED UP SLIGHTLY. Walking to class as she arrived just on time everyone was sitting in a circle as class was beginning.  Taking a seat she could see Lizzie was sporting the same look of boredom she always wore as Hope rolled her eyes.

"All right gather together, chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch," Dorian explained, as everyone held hands, "Where's Penelope Park?"

"Um, lady cramps Mr. Williams," Lizzie spoke up and Dorian shifted uncomfortably.  Faye ignored the urge to laugh at Mr. Williams's obvious discomfort.  The energy felt light in the room as everyone held back their laughs. Cecelia smirked openly as she played with the ends of her hair.

"Sorry I asked. A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow,"  He continued explaining the spell and even Faye bit back laughter.  Lizzie was smirking amused as stifled laughter spread across the room.  Dorian huffed as both Lizzie and Josie openly laughed, chuckling silently to herself as Faye looked over Hope had been staring at her.  As Hope looked away she rolled her eyes in the process and Faye sighed.  Before Dorian could continue a paper was spelled into the room and he caught it.

"Uh oh who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie asked as they all glanced up at the levitating paper.

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school," Hope said, staring at Lizzie who only rolled her eyes.

"Elizabeth Saltzman, Josette Saltzman, Hope Mikaelson, and Faye Laurent.  Off you go," Dorian announced and all four girls shared the same look of confusion at the last two names.  Walking toward the headmaster's office he was already on the move.

"Perfect I am a little busy so this meeting is on the go.  Long story short you four are all a part of mandatory town clean up," Ric explained, leading the four into the library as he was moving fast.

"This makes no sense Dad why are we being punished?" Lizzie exclaimed, walking faster to catch up with him.

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here," Ric explained and Lizzie rolled her eyes for what had to be the hundredth time in the last hour.

"Well, you weren't mad last night," Lizzie reminded and Faye was growing anxious to know why she was being punished.

"I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game which is why you're here, Faye, not because spell lab the other day," Ric explained and nodded her head seeing no point in arguing as he already said it was mandatory, "Girls stop complaining you're lucky that it is just community service and not actual jail time."

"Well if that is all I'd prefer not to hear Lizzie argue with you about this.  May I be excused?" Faye asked earning a scoff from the blonde Ric ignored his daughter granting Faye the freedom she wished he let her know the bus was leaving in ten.  Heading to her room changing out of her uniform she headed straight for the bus.

"Ready to clean for some stuck up assholes?" Flinching Faye did not notice as Henry joined her side walking to the bus.

"I just love it when you sneak up on me like that," Faye said sarcastically earning a chuckle from Henry.  Getting onto the bus Henry purposely took the window seat as Hope sat across from the only available row.  Sitting in between the two Faye shot daggers at Henry for putting her in that predicament.  Getting into town as they all got off the bus Faye could overhear Lizzie badgering Hope.

"So what'd you do? My Dad never gets mad at you? You're the prodigal daughter," Lizzie taunted and Hope ignored her as ahead of Hope was Josie sighing.

"Sorry, no time for girl talk.  Public service awaits," Hope said, circling around the entrance of the van Dorian had in his hand the vest they were expected to wear.

"All right listen up. It's a beautiful day so you have options litter, weeds, graffiti. Your choice," Dorian said, holding out the garbage stick to Henry who took it with a shrug.  Kaleb was the first to oppose picking up the trash.

"Uh I don't do trash either," Lizzie said, holding her hands up refusing to take a stick.

"I love trash as of this moment," Hope said glancing at her brother as she took the garbage stick from Kaleb.

"Perf. It suits you," Lizzie said and Henry passed the garbage stick off to Josie.

"I think graffiti is more our speed," Henry said before grabbing a sponge to scrub the paint.  Glancing between Henry and Hope, Faye had no time to try and push the two together.  Once away from the group at one of the walls, the two began wiping away at the spray paint.

"You know I'm trying this thing where I'm less controlling and just trying new things," Faye said, looking over at Henry who continued wiping at the wall with a little more force than necessary.

"I can tell.  The whole football thing was a surprise," Henry said as some of the paint was coming off of the concrete.  She took notice of how his eyebrows pulled together as he focused.

"My point is I'm working on myself.  Maybe you should be working on things with Hope," Faye said but Henry did not spare her a single glance as he continued on, "Hope won't always be around.  I really don't want you to ever look back on now and wish you had fix things with her.  Some of us wish we had more time."

Henry stopped scrubbing the wall and looked over at Faye.  Her green eyes held a soft gaze on the troubled boy.  The two just stared at each other, the nonverbal communication lacked tension surprisingly.  Had anyone else brought this up to the Mikaelson, his annoyance would sky rocket. Yet here he was studying the features of bird red-headed counterpart.

"I love my sister okay I do and she knows that.  Our parents are dead and when I look at her I get so angry.  First at her then at myself for blaming her.  Our parents could still be here if she just—I watched our Mom burning and I couldn't do anything—" Henry's eyes started glowing and his hands started bleeding from his nails digging so far into his palm.

"I'm so sorry.  Hayley was so kind. She deserved better," Faye said at a loss for words as Henry had never opened up like this before about Hayley's death. Despite Henry's attempts to calm down his rage was only growing, "How about we ditch this and get some milkshakes?"

"Y—yeah," Henry said, trying to get a hold of himself as he thought about that day.  Weakened by a spell Hope had passed out entirely, unable move he could remember the look in Hayley's eyes as she looked at him and Hope.  As he began shifting it was too late Hayley turned back to Greta running them outside as they burned he screamed for his mother.  Mid-shifting he stopped and his mind felt warped as he cried. All his struggle to get to Hayley only made the spell on him finally take effect as he passed out.

🦋

WALKING FROM CLASS AS SHE RAN INTO A FAMILIAR BLONDE IT WAS CLEAR SOMETHING WAS WRONG. Lizzie's chest and shirt were covered in a pink liquid.  Her face screamed annoyance and the manner in which she walked told Cecelia someone was going to get the worst of Elizabeth Saltzmans' rage.

"What the hell happened to you?" Cecelia asked raising a brow but Lizzie looked livid.

"Dear cousin an idiot from Mystic Falls High assaulted me with a milkshake," She explained, and Cecelia bit back a laugh at her cousins' theatrics.

"Let me guess Dana and her merry band of idiots," Cecelia said and Lizzie sighed nodding her head.

"It's all my Dad's fault.  Maybe if he was at the game and not playing Dad to your little bestie things would be different," Lizzie whined and Cecelia sighed, wishing her cousins and best friend could get along.  She never understood why they hated each other so much.  All of their parents had complicated but entwined histories so why not get along.  While Lizzie ran off to yell at Alaric, Cecelia decided to study instead since she slept most of the class.   Studying was not fun for her but she knew as long as her grades were good she would not be bothered for nodding off in class.  After a few minutes of studying Cecelia was nodding off again. The doors flying open made her jump awake though as she watched Lizzie and Pedro run in.

"What's happening?" Cecelia exclaimed but her question was answered by a growl from the doorway.  Standing there was not a wolf but a statue, a gargoyle.

"Pedro find my Dad.  Dear cousin give me your hand!" Lizzie said and Cecelia held out her palm.  Cringing as Lizzie siphoned her magic the two looked at the formidable creature.  As it stepped closer Cecelia glanced at Lizzie who was already starting a spell.

"Imperium monstrum," She said binding the gargoyle to the school as it slashed at Lizzie, Cecelia grabbed her speaking quickly.

"Invisique," Cecelia yelled and the gargoyle roared in frustration as it could no longer see them.  Laying Lizzie onto the table she passed out, the gargoyle was still looking for them but it was not long until it gave up in the lounge.  Releasing the spell Cecelia did not leave Lizzie's side.  Not long after Pedro returned with help though.

"Lizzie, Cece," Alaric said rushing in he quickly looked to make sure Cecelia was fine.  She was surprised by this as the two had a strained relationship, "What happened? Why isn't she moving?"

"It's a gargoyle he's bound to the school. I did an illusion spell so it wouldn't kill us," Cecelia explained and Alaric turned back to Lizzie.

"Okay, you girls did good," Alaric said not looking at Cecelia he was trying to think of a plan.  Staying at Lizzie's side Cecelia watched as everyone was herded into the lounge with them.

"We are on lockdown. No one goes outside. Period.  I want everyone in their rooms. Upper class, you're in the buddy system lower class you're with Ms. Tig in the Grand Hall, okay?" Alaric announced and as no one said anything everyone began doing as he said except for Cecelia.

"What should I do?" Cecelia asked and Alaric took in a sharp inhale at her question.

"As I said get to your room it is safe there," Alaric said, dismissing her but she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I can handle this," She pushed but Alaric shook his head sighing.

"I am trying to keep you safe," Alaric said but she was not having it.  He would not even look her in the eyes as he spoke.

"You're trying to get rid of me.  I can handle this.  You let Hope fight let me fight too," Cecelia said, pulling the Hope card he was used to this from the twins but not from her, "Uncle Ric please."

"Okay you can protect Lizzie but that is all.  For everything else I need you to fall back," Alaric said deciding not to antagonize him further Cecelia rejoined Lizzie's side.  Brushing some blonde flyaways from her cousins face Cecelia sighed wanting nothing more than to help.  Sitting with the others growing bored as she sat there scanning the room Alaric was nowhere in sight.

"I'll be back Lizzie," Cecelia whispered walking out of the lounge despite her Uncles orders.  Walking down the hall the sound of a growl made her halt as it came from the main hall.   Revealing herself at the top of the stairs Josie and Hope were at the bottom holding hands as they muttered one of Freya's spells but nothing was happening.

"Fluctus Inpulsa," Cecelia muttered holding out her hands at her sides as she focused on the Gargoyle a breeze seemed to find its way into the open room. Her veins felt like ice flowed I her blood as an overwhelming feeling overtook her chest.

"Cecelia don't," Alaric called out as Hope and Josie had stopped, now looking up at the Bennett witch.

"Fluctus Inpulsa," She continued as her hair picked up from the wind around her the tension in her chest eased.  A warmth engulfed her as it felt like electricity was shooting through her body, "Fluctus Inpulsa!"

A shockwave leaving her body as the Gargoyle exploded the intensity of the spell knocking the dark haired girl back to the floor.  Hitting her head groaning as she rubbed her temple, Hope was the first person to come into view.

"Show off much?" Hope joked holding out her hand as Cecelia took it she wiped at her nose.  On the back of her hand now residing blood she could not explain how her magic worked.  It was rare she was ever even allowed to do high tier spells anyhow.

"You can't be the hero all the time Mikaelson," She joked cringing into her hand as her head ached.  The fun and games were over as Alaric looked livid at the young girl.

"Why do you insist on defying me?" Alaric asked surprising not only Cecelia but Hope and Josie.

"Dad she stopped the Gargoyle," Josie said frowning at her fathers reaction they were all equally confused. Cecelia ignored the ache in her chest as narrowed her eyes at her Uncle.

"What if she hurt herself or one of us.  Everything here is put in place for a reason Cecelia.  I will be checking so you better not skip your session with Ms. Tig tomorrow. Do not test my patience girls," Alaric said trying to appear calm he was angrier than any of them had ever seen before.  Looking at the floor Cecelia could not believe what was happening.  Patronized for stopping the threat she mumbled an empty apology before storming off to her room without another word.

🦋

"TWO VANILLA SHAKES NO CHERRIES," Faye said breaking Henry from his thoughts but she could see he was still very upset.

"Thanks," He said, staring off sipping the shake he said nothing as he was caught up in his own head.

"I remember when we were on the tour of the school together.  At the time I didn't know it but you guys were upset because your father had to go away.  I remember the only time you and Hope even remotely laughed is when I tripped, the only reason I didn't fall is because Hayley caught me.  She told you guys to apologize for laughing and she was so nice to me," Faye explained and Henry smiled thinking about when you guys first enrolled at the same time.

"Yeah, she was," Henry said, bringing his hand to the birthmark on his shoulder it made him feel connected to her. Heading back to the school they were both silent not saying a single word. Joining Henry in the library he was staring at the fireplace.

"Henry your family is amazing," Faye said and Henry gave a weak smile that did not reach his eyes. He felt no pride in it. Though he loved them he was well aware of Alaric's thoughts on his family. There were even moments Alaric avoided his gaze which Henry had picked up on. Henry may have taken Hayleys features but his personality was his fathers.

"You don't have to say that.  I am aware of the Mikaelson reputation," Henry corrected but Faye shook her at him.

"Our textbooks may call your family these villains who hurt people but not me.  Your family was there for me when I had no one, Henry.  Klaus taught me how to handle my rage. Hayley taught me to fight,  Elijah is the reason I am good at strategizing and Freya is the reason I know so many different spells.  Rebekah taught me to use my looks as a weapon and Kol taught me the good in defiance.  Your family is amazing and I know they would not and do not want you and Hope at odds," Faye explained and Henry stared at the redhead in amazement.  For a second he forgot how much his parents' death affected her as well.  The Mikaelsons are all she's had since she was eight and it's all she'll have even it just comes down to Hope and Henrik Mikaelson.

"I just miss them you know."

🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 29 8
the story of hope mikaelson and adelaide salvatore
42.1K 1.1K 36
"๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘‘๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘ก๐‘œ๏ผŽ๐ผ ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’...
15.5K 848 25
*Does not follow the Legacies plot* โš ๏ธHope G!P Hope and Josie seem to not get a long, a change of event might change that... ~Best Rankings~ #1 josie...
344K 9.9K 112
๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ž ๐†๐ข๐ฅ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฏ๏ฟฝ...