.004

Chapter Four
004. Mystic High!

"LEAVE IT TO US TO NOT ONLY MISS A DRAGON ATTACK BUT A GARGOYLE ATTACK TOO

"LEAVE IT TO US TO NOT ONLY MISS A DRAGON ATTACK BUT A GARGOYLE ATTACK TOO. WE SUCK," Henry complained as the two were walking toward the main hall where Headmaster Alaric was waiting for the entire upper class. Taking their seats Headmaster Saltzman started explaining things were going haywire and it was all hands on deck from there on out.

"Given our recent influx of monsters the sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention," Alaric explained, stepping aside to allow Sheriff Donovan to speak. As Faye sat next to Henry not too far from the front Donovan gave her a small nod.

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stotareaux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party but this is a first for Sasha," Sheriff explained as pictures of both Sasha and Dana were being passed around the room for everyone to see.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan, now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which unfortunately is necessary given recent events. Now I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells because any information we can get will make all the difference," Alaric explained and Lizzie wasted no time as she was still riding her gargoyle victory.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day because that is what heroes do. So I volunteer as tribute," Lizzie announced dramatically earning eye rolls around the room even from Henry.

"Oh don't you roll your eyes, you were flirting with her the other day," Faye said and Henry shrugged.

"Not a fan of dramatic but I have been attracted to bitchy lately," Henry explained as he locked eyes with Penelope Park. As the two made eyes at each other Faye gagged at the two.

"I'll go," Faye announced, standing up and Henry looked up at her shaking his head.

"Yeah that's a no go for me," He said and Faye shrugged deciding not to change her mind. Looking around MG, Kaleb, and Hope were also volunteering to go as well as others. Heading to her room changing from her uniform into regular clothes the idea of being at a regular school brought rush. The mixture of nausea and excitement hit her like alcohol to blood.

Getting there as they exited the van walking through the school parking lot everyone was watching them closely.

"Hey, we need to talk," Hope said and Faye looked over at her raising a brow at the question.