Cold Hands [ Elsamaren ]

By BechloeSendrick05

"Your hands are cold." Honeymaren whispered with a giggle, snuggling into Elsa's shoulder. "Wait, really? I'm... More

1 - Lakes and Beaches
2 - (Un)wanted Feelings
3 - Discoveries
4 - Dandelions
5 - Christmas Day
6 - Sun Sets and Paradise
7 - Attack Plan
8 - Man She Once Met
9 - Eyes of Anger
10 - The Forbidden Element
11 - Dark Travels
12 - Castle
13 - Grandfather
14 - Panic Room
15 - Set Free
16 - Arendelle
18 - Silent Kingdoms
19 - Howls in the Wind
20 - Fallen Soldiers (Part 1)
21 - Fallen Soldiers (Part 2)

17 - Last-Minute Guffaws

1.5K 34 43
By BechloeSendrick05

Everything felt hazy and distant when Elsa woke up. She felt lighter, dizzier and stranger than usual. The last thing she remembered was falling down from the shock of the new memories, and now she had woken up outside, just beside the entrance to Ahtohallan.

With a groan, the Fifth Spirit pushed herself off of the ice-cold ground, furrowing her perfect brows in sudden pain. Elsa reached up to touch her head once she was balanced and on her own two feet, surprised at the stinging pain, only to retract her fingers and see blooding dripping down them like a leaking tap.

This worried the Spirit, she didn't know how long she had been out cold, but the setting sun in the horizon gave her a good enough hint. She had been out for a least a few hours, which meant she had knocked her head on some sharp ice and had lost a plethora of blood already.

"S-Shit." Elsa stuttered, feeling her head spin. She needed to get back home, and fast. The blonde stumbled over to the shore, reaching out her hand to call the Nokk. Within seconds the creature appeared at her side. It neighed with a worry in its tone, its lifeless eyes staring at the blood dripping down the Spirit's clothes.

"I'll be okay, girl. I just need to get home." Elsa groaned, holding her head with one hand. With her other free hand, she holstered herself up onto the ice horse, hissing in pain when her ears began to ring like a siren. She ripped off a piece of fabric at the bottom of her dress and lazily wrapped it around the wound. It was better than nothing, in her eyes.

"Take me back to the forest, please. I don't have the strength to guide you today, is that okay?"

The Water Nokk nodded in acknowledgment. It whinnied and jumped onto its back legs, before jumping off into a sprint, making sure not to bump Elsa off or injure her more.

As the Water Spirit ran with more life and soul than any living horse could, Elsa pondered in silence about what memories had been shown to her. Usually, the room would have glowed with positive lights, shining like the sun, showing her memories of the past or visions of the future. However, that time the room had radiated darkness. Pure, evil darkness that succumbed Elsa, making her temporarily pass out from the pain. What did all of that mean?

The smell of the ocean breeze calmed Elsa as she let her head drift for a while. She wondered how Honeymaren was doing, did Maren miss her? She wondered if Anna was handling all these issues by herself in a positive light or negative one. Did Anna need her?

It was as if the Water Nokk could almost feel her negative aura, as the horse looked back at her, nuzzling its ice nose against Elsa's side, tickling her ribcage. The Fifth Spirit chuckled and rubbed its thick and cold mane, shaking her head. "Thanks, girl."

Elsa took a breath in, she needed a plan. She didn't know how she was going to get the Arendelle people back, as they had been turned into floating creatures, but she did know she was going to save Arendelle's thrown for Anna's sake, and she was going to get rid of the Sixth Spirit.

A large groan from the Water Nokk caught the blonde girl off guard, swinging her back into reality. It seemed they were coming across a large wave, one that was too big to jump over without a struggle. These moments were usually Elsa's favourites, as she loved riding inside of a wave, seeing her reflection on the water.

The Water Spirit than slowed from its gallop and into an almost trot, spinning sideways and slowly turning into the now three-metre tall wave. Its hooves lightly patted across the water as Elsa felt herself entering another type of world.

Every small fish, plant, dirt, anything, it could all be seen with the naked eye this close up to the gigantic water wave. Elsa's eyes glistened as she spotted her shaking reflection glistening against the sunset. Her blue eyes were almost grey, most likely from exhaustion, while the injury on her head could be seen more clearly than before.

It was definitely bleeding, and fast. Drops of blood had found themselves soaking into the Fifth Spirit's clothing and down the sides of her angelic face. She would have to take off the outfit with her magic and apply a new one later. Elsa pushed back her reoccurring dizziness, focusing on the distant yet approaching horizon ahead of her.

The Water Nokk then entered the second wave that was merely a few paces in front of the first. Elsa felt the calming smell of the ocean salt fill her nostrils and the refreshing breeze blow against her porcelain coloured back. As the blonde stared distantly into her own eyes, she realised how much danger everyone was in.

'Its all because of you, as soon as you became the Fifth Spirit it arrived'

Elsa shook of the demonised thoughts. She almost temporarily forgot she even had been experiencing them, from all the drama and chaos and shock that bloomed from the last twenty-four hours.

That was when the beach came into view. The Fifth Spirit could see where the land and the sea met, where the last inches of wet sand was located. She was so close to touching the hot sand she could almost feel it-

"ELSA!" The blonde's head snapped quickly into the direction of a supposed voice calling her. To the more righter side of the beach, she could find Honeymaren waving frantically at her. The Fifth Spirit could barely manage a wave of her hand before having to return it to the side with tired, droopy eyes.

Maren stood on the sand, smiling widely. Her girlfriend had returned. The brunette quickly saw that something was wrong, however, when she saw Elsa's dress was ripped, her eyes to the seafloor and her usually blonde hair tangled and stained a darker colour around her scalp.

The Nokk took one huge leap, and with that, it landed right in front of Honeymaren. Its chest rose up and down dramatically as it let itself rest for those few seconds, before glancing down at Maren with its wide, menacing eyes. The tan girl almost felt what it was saying to her, immediately going to help Elsa.

The blonde spirit was still loosely gripping onto the reins of the Water Spirit, her breaths fidgety and rapid. Honeymaren furrowed her brows as she carefully retracted Elsa from the Nokk, wrapping her girlfriend's arm around her shoulder to support her.

"Elsa, what happened? You're.... you're bleeding!" Honeymaren gasped, taking in the blonde's paler form, and the torn fabric wrapped around her head that was soaked deeply in blood. The brunette furrowed her brows in concern and let Elsa put more of her weight against her. It seemed the Fifth Spirit was slightly wobbly with her balance, her long, skinny feet struggling to not cross over one another and collapse.

"I-I really am not quite sure," Elsa began with a small pant, turning her head to look at Honeymaren, "There was just this-this mist. It wasn't like it usually was. Typically there really isn't even mist, it just shows flashes, memories, the future. But this time there was this grey, unorthodox like smoky mist. It is so hard to put my finger on. It showed the present this time, Ahtohallan showed me the present. It showed me the Sixth Spirit, in Arendelle, sitting on top of the main throne that belongs to Anna, not that wretched thing. It was like it could see me through the mist, the Spirit looked me dead in the eyes and just.... watched. Stared. It was terrifying. Then my head started aching, my body started to become and I just.. passed out."

Honeymaren's mouth was left open the entire time. She almost did not know how to respond. "That is- weird, shocking even. I have never heard of Ahtohallan to get possessed before, we should ask Yelena about that," She began, explaining her concern, "Are you okay? Do you feel light-headed?" The Northuldran girl asked, her eyes coated with worry.

Elsa merely let herself nod slowly, "I feel a bit dizzy and I have a headache. I just need to get treated for my head and lie down, I'll be fine." She managed to choke out. Her throat hurt immensely, she would need some type of drink if she were to continue talking about what she saw.

They then began to walk in silence, Honeymaren looked over her shoulder for a few quick seconds only to see the Water Nokk staring at them still, its eyes lifeless, but its body posture clearly exhausted and filled with worry. It practically glowed against the light of the distant sun. They didn't have long until the moon would be out, and being alone in the woods at night without light was not a fun experience.

"Need to find Anna." Elsa managed to stutter out randomly. She clutched at her throat when it forced itself shut due to how dry and painful it was.

"We will Snowflake, I promise. I just need to take you to get help first." Honeymaren cooed quietly, trying not to contribute to Elsa's aching head. The brunette knew that the injury was a lot more than Elsa tried to make it out to be. The blonde had a problem with her explaining her serious problems as smaller things.

The Fifth Spirit moaned in annoyance, agreeing forcefully. In the distance the vision of lit campfires and echoing chatter made Elsa's senses almost enhanced in a way, the tiredness she was overcoming to slightly lessened for a few seconds.

"I'm going to get you something to drink and take you to the healer, okay? I was waiting by that beach for what seemed like hours, I have been worried sick about you, Els. Go rest, you need it."

The two girls stopped outside of a larger hut. A man appeared from it, he scratched at his thick and rough moustache. "Maren!" It's good to see you." He began and then glanced down at the Spirit next to him. "Oh my! It's the Fifth Spirit, what happened, child? How did you get yourself into such a hurtful situation? Come in right away, it is an honour to have you in my presence today."

"You too, Jarrah." Maren nodded, as she guided Elsa into the hut and sat her down on one of the wooden made beds. "She can't talk much, she was visiting Ahtohallan when she passed out from one of its visions. She must have knocked her head and been knocked out for a while. I am going to go get her some water and talk to Yelena." Honeymaren explained, glancing down at Elsa who was merely numbly staring at the ceiling in what looked like deep thought. She placed her hand gently on her girlfriend's forehead, brushing the loose strands of hair from her face, before kissing below her hairline softly. "I'll be back, Snowflake."

------

"How are you feeling?" Jarrah asked with a soft smile, seeing that Elsa had awoken from her nap.

Elsa groaned and looked around. She remembered the events of the past few hours in blurs, the only thing she could clearly remember was the vision of the Sixth Spirit glaring right back into her soul through the heavy, dark mist that invaded Ahtohallan.

"I think I'm okay. Just a slight headache." The blonde explained, creasing her brows in pain at the sudden thumping in her skull.

"That'll pass within the next few hours. I have given you the right herbs and done the right rituals, I just need you to stay hydrated, please. If not, your condition could easily get worse." Jarrah explained with a polite grin, scratching awkwardly at his thick beard. People in the beard always mistook Jarrah for an older, tougher man, but at heart, he was merely a young boy with a huge love for everyone. Without the beard, he looked like a whole new person. He was surprisingly only in his late twenties, which was a lot more younger for a healer as experienced as him.

Elsa nodded slightly, taking in the information. She looked around to find remnants of leftover food and drink on the scratched wooden table in the corner of the room, mere crumbs left in bowls and droplets left in carefully crafted glasses. It seemed she had had company while knocked out.

"Hey, Jarrah, did anybody visit me when I was out, by chance?" The blonde asked, pursing her lips out slightly in thought. She was sat up slightly, her back against the headboard. 

"Yes actually! Your sister, the queen, and your friend Honeymaren did. They both took turns feeding you and giving you water. You were too dozed to probably remember it. Queen Anna is waiting for you outside, she has been for a while. For royalty, that girl has sure more nerves than a bouncing animal."

Elsa held back a smile at the mention of Anna's constant energy. As kids, teenagers and even adults, Anna always kept the same energy almost every day. She was bubbly and practically bounced everywhere she went in excitement. She was the embodiment of an excited child, but she used that to her advantage to win the hearts of the people of Arendelle. She had created a new coat of maturity since being made Queen, but Elsa adored that her little sister still was herself. She was open and caring to everyone.

"Oh? Could you get her for me, please? I'd like to speak to her about something urgent."

"Of course, Miss. I'll give both of you some privacy as well."

"Please, just call me Elsa. I may be the Fifth Spirit, but I am merely a human." Elsa gave the man a kind smile as he walked out of the room after giving her a mere nod.

A few agonising minutes later, of Elsa just sitting in silence, tapping her fingers lightly against her lower thighs, Anna slowly opened the flap of the hut space and entered with wide eyes.

"Oh, Elsa!" The redhead ran to her, tears in her baby blue eyes. "Thank the heavens you are okay, how is your head?"

The blonde chuckled and dramatically touched her head. "It's alright, although the migraines and headaches are quite annoying. I'm not allowed to move too quickly for the rest of the day because of the injury." Anna frowned with a pout and immediately gave her sister another hug.

"I also heard from Maren that you found out some pretty horrible things, what did you find out about, Els?" The two let go of the hug once more.

Elsa gulped down the lump in her throat and sighed. "I don't know where to start... there is a lot to unpack."

Anna pursed her lips and stared at the girl for a moment. "Take all the time you need, Elsa."

With a deep breath in, the blonde began to explain everything. From the smoke that invaded Ahtohallan, to the Sixth Spirit being in Arendelle, to the Arendelle citizens being turned into mere ghouls.

Then, it was merely silence.

...

...

"Anna?" Elsa stared at her sister with worry. "Anna are you okay?"

Silence. The redhead seemed off and staring at a thing that didn't exist, there was merely a wall where she glared at. Elsa glanced down and listened closer, that's when she recognised it, Anna was experiencing what she had many times before.

"Wiggle your fingers.... thinking of something that makes you happy... deep breathes...don't cry."

"Anna, Hunny come here." Elsa cooed with sadness in her tone. Not many other people saw it, but even though Anna was 21, she was still a child. A young adult, still so fragile. 

So Elsa held her, she let Anna cling onto her like a magnet, she like the wet tears drench her clothing and her hair, she like the small girl let go for the first time in forever. "Shh Anna I am right here hun, I always will try to be."

Anna shivered and held onto her older sister tighter. "Why does everything have to go so wrong all the time Elsa? Why is everything so hard? I just want to cry and cry and... not move, but I can't. I am the Queen for crying out loud, and if I can't be perfect how am I supposed to rule?"

Elsa sighed and rubbed the redhead's back affectionately. "Anna, no one is perfect. As long as you are you, they will love you. That's what separates each new generation of rulers, with each new generation comes a completely different experience of how people rule and live lives. You have saved countless lives and have almost died a plethora of times. Anna, you're so incredibly strong and yet still so open, even when hurt. I admire that, I wish I wasn't so cold, pun not intended."

Anna had to refrain from snorting at her older sister's words. "Thank you Elsa, what would I honestly do without you?"

"Probably build a snowman." Elsa giggled, now running a hand through Anna's auburn red hair.

"Oh stop it." Anna chuckled and shook her head, playfully punching her sister while still being held in a hug-like position by her.

"Hey, at least we have a little bit of news. Honeymaren spoke to Yelena and well- we might know how to defeat the Sixth Spirit." Anna gushed with a small hopeful smile. The redhead sniffled, rubbing her red nose.

Elsa laid down on her bed, bringing Anna down with her and on top of her. Her little sister laid on her chest as the blonde ran her fingers through Anna's soft hair.

"That's good." The Fifth Spirit commented with a small hum, letting her eyes droop in the slightest way. Anna noticed her sister's fatigue.

"Honeymaren misses you, you know," Anna smirked, glancing up at Elsa. "A lot." The young Queen chuckled, her large smirk only expanding even more.

"Oh, and what is that supposed to mean?" Elsa quirked an eyebrow.

"Well since you have to rest today and we leave in a few days, you need to spill on your love life."

...

...

...

"Anna you know I am not going to spill every personal detail about my relationship, right?"

"Why not?!"

"Because unlike you I don't blab on about my sexual experiences and-"

"THAT WAS ONE TIME ELSA!"

"I literally am cuddling you right now and I will not hesitate to freeze you for telling lies."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 2.7K 20
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of Love Will Thaw <3 ... Elson has been isolated and alone his entire life, forced to shut everyone h...
2.3K 169 26
This is obviously a Jack x Elsa fan-fiction. I may not be the best writer, but here it goes. I know my story may not capture your attention or it mig...
99.9K 3.1K 26
Word count- 41,964 (Y/n) grew up close to the royal family. Her mother being the queen's closest friend. Though she was close with both the girls, sh...
2.7K 148 11
~Book 2 in the Forbidden Love Series "Since when have you been so chivalrous?" I ask him with taunting eyes. "Since I met you." He says grabbing my h...