THE LAURENT COVEN ΒΉ

By AjxLawley

πŸ¦‹ π”π”žπ”‘π”«π”’π”°π”° 𝔦𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔒 π”€π”―π”žπ”³π”¦π”±π”Ά π”žπ”©π”© 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔫𝔒𝔒𝔑 𝔦𝔰 π”ž 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔒 𝔭𝔲𝔰π”₯ π”π”’π”€π”žοΏ½... More

πŸ¦‹
πŸ¦‹
.001
.003
.004
.005
.006
.007
.008
.009
.010

.002

381 10 1
By AjxLawley

Chapter Two
002. Crushing On a Townie!

"SO YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO TELL ME WHERE YOU RUN OFF TO ARE YOU?" Ms. Tig asked and Faye only shook her head.  The cafe was no secret and yet she still did not feel an urge to share it with anyone, "Fine let's talk about spell lab yesterday.  Can you tell me what happened?"

"You know what happened," Faye said, sitting straight up, her hair was flattened to perfection and her make up was light.  The uniform looked freshly ironed and the pearls in her ears shined.

"I want your account of what happened so we can get to the source of it.  You said you were doing better—" Ms. Tig spoke and Faye finally met her gaze wanting nothing more but to be free of this weeks session.

"I am doing better," She said speaking too fast for it to be believable and Ms. Tig took note of it as well as her appearance.

"Then why'd you lose control of your magic yesterday?" Ms. Tig asked, earning a sigh from Faye followed by her clearing her throat.

"We had to present the spell we were assigned and I put together a wonderful presentation and practiced to the point where I could do the spell in my sleep. Nothing difficult, just a different incantation to the nature spell.  When I stood up to present I got a little nervous and I said something wrong.  My flowers died and they started laughing and I just got frustrated. Next thing I know I know my plant's on fire and the lights blew out.  I didn't mean to," Faye explained and Ms. Tig could see her face falling as she was upset recounting the situation.  The longing in her voice as well as the wavering told a simple story.  She regretted what happened.

"We know Faye and we just want to help you," Ms. Tig reassured and Faye nodded slowly but the sullen look stayed, "Despite what you're struggling with I know you would never have an outburst purposely.  I think you focus too much on controlling things so they are perfect—"

"I do not! Maybe we should stick to—!" Faye exclaimed before silencing herself as she started to tell Ms. Tig how to council.  Tucking an invisible strand of hair behind her ear she wore a prominent frown, "Okay I see your point. You're right I am a bit controlling and I do want things to be perfect."

"It's good that you see it.  That will make it easier to try and break this habit. I think you should make it your goal to relax and try new things," Ms. Tig explained and Faye nodded at the idea as she ran it through her head.  Despite the initial obstinance Faye always appreciated Ms. Tig's guidance over the years.

"I'll give it a try," Faye said before asking if she was free to go which she was.  Going to her room changing she wasted no time in going to Henry's room.  Opening the door without knocking Henry was sitting on his bed doing homework. 

"What the hell are you wearing?" He asked and she shrugged looking down at her school shorts and shirt.

"Get dressed we're going to participate in the flag football game today," Faye said and Henry stared at her as if she had grown a third head.  Siding against the option of trying to get out of it he knew Faye would not take no for an answer.  Walking toward the field the two were the least likely to participate in something like this.

"Hey, Faye you got our game plans any new ways to make it look like we try but suck?" Josie asked with a small laugh but Faye only smiled and shook her head.

"Actually I am not managing this year I am playing," Faye revealed, looking around trying to find Henry who was now nowhere in sight.  Josie and Lizzie both looked at each other at the revelation.  Several shared looks at Faye's words but she ignored them.

"Shouldn't you be looking after the brooding Mikaelson?" Lizzie asked and before Faye could return a snarky comment Henry appeared at Faye's side.

"There is enough of me to go around Lizzie," Henry said, winking at her and she rolled her eyes but it contradicted the small smile on her lips.  Faye raised an eyebrow at interaction.

"Alright, we gotta get on the field, you guys," Josie said and as they all did the other team, their Coach, Mr. Williams, and a Referee were there waiting.

"Okay guys lets have a good, clean, entirely uneventful game," Dorian explained subtly reminding Faye and the others no magic.  This only bolstered the Mystic students taunting.

"Like we do every year when we beat your asses down," Some kid from the other team said and Faye only rolled her eyes until she noticed behind him stood Dean.  Looking at each other both of them smiled knowingly.  The glances at each other were obvious, it was clear to anyone who was paying attention the two of them were familiar.

"Not exactly spirit Kyle," Dorian said only earning a mocking look of shock from the teenager, "Alright call it in the air."

"Tails never fails," Dana said as the coin was in the air, and of course it was their ball.  As Dorian told them to shake hands Faye and Dean both walked over.

"Is it just me or is it weird not seeing you in the cafe," Faye said as the two shook hands and Dean chuckled.  Her red hair tied back was an uncommon look for her, even Dean noticed the subtle difference.

"I was thinking the same thing Red," He said before walking over to his teammates.  Faye followed suit walking over where Kaleb looked frustrated by the entire plan.  This being Kaleb's first time playing for the boarding school.

"Sorry, it's just how it is," Faye explained as Kaleb grumbled at the fact they had to purposely lose.

"I was being recruited by D1 schools before I got here, alright? I don't lose," He said, only getting a shrug from Faye.  Josie made sure to pull him aside to let him know this had to be done.  Setting up as Kaleb kicked it Kyle caught it and threw the ball to Dana. Everyone on the field for the Salvatore school put on a show pretending to try. After the play, walking over to get some water, Penelope and MG were chatting.

"Hey shot girl," Penelope greeted, holding out a water bottle and Faye looked at it unsure of why the friendliness was going beyond the party.

"Thanks," Faye hesitated and Penelope only smiled.  Joining Henry's side he looked bored by the event.  It had never been something that interested him even before everything that had happened with his family.  Faye stared off zoning out with nothing in particular on her mind.  Coming too she realized her focus was on MG, particularly his new hair style.

"MG I think your hair kind of looks nice like that," Faye complimented and MG smiled as it took him a while to brush it up like that on his own.  It came as a surprise to MG as Faye was not known for her social floating personality.

"Thanks, that's a lot coming from the girl with the best hair.  Think I could rock red hair?" He joked and Faye laughed handing the bottle back to Penelope before leaving the two back to the huddle.

"I just want to take a minute to let you all know how proud I am you are all doing great," Lizzie said and Faye was surprised despite Lizzie's typical vexing nature; she is one encouraging quarterback.

"We're getting our asses kicked," Kaleb exclaimed, still not fully adjusted to the sports goals of the school.  Shrugging faintly none of them had ever considered how odd this was for an outsider.

"Which means we're doing a great job," Josie interjected and Henry huffed seemingly wanting to be anywhere but here.  Despite this Henry was always like that as of late, acting as if he had not a single care in the world.

"What's the play?" Henry asked but they all knew the answer without Faye managing it was simple.

"Run around make it look like you know what you're doing," Lizzie explained and Faye desperately wanted to tell them that was a terrible idea.  Running plays in her head purposely designed to look good and fail. Bad habits die hard though and before Faye knew it she was speaking.

"Kaleb you're going to run down the right side of the field.  Henry, you're doing the same but on the left and MG down the middle.  Josie and I will block up anyone running at Lizzie before she throws the ball got it?" Faye explained to Lizzie's dismay but she didn't voice against it.  Henry watched Faye curiously as her everyday personality seeped through.  Getting into position as Lizzie said hut and Josie snapped the football the play was running out just as Faye hoped.  Blocking up Dean the two were fighting laughter as they were not really touching each other with any kind of force.  Before Faye knew it Dana bulldozed through Josie and tackled Lizzie just as she threw the ball.  The plan was going fine until MG actually caught the ball and scored.

"You okay you look surprised your guy scored," Dean said as the two walked the fifty-yard line.  Placing a smile onto her face she could feel herself getting anxious as things were no longer going according to plan.

"No-I-just uh I called the play," Faye said, pretending to be shocked it actually worked and Dean looked impressed.

"Well, it was one hell of a play," Dean said before rejoining his team and Faye smiled staring off at him.

"Crushing on a townie is a terrible idea," Lizzie commented, breaking Faye from her gaze on Dean. 

Setting up for the next play Lizzie's do whatever plan was in effect to avoid scoring and Josie made sure it worked.  Going to huddle Faye watched as Lizzie stopped to speak with Dana for a second before storming over angrily.

"New plan. The gloves are off. Let's burn these bitches to the ground," Lizzie said, clearly heated from whatever Dana said.

"Lizzie no," Josie said but it fell on deaf ears and Dana sparked a rage in Lizzie like no other.

"Faye give us some plays.  We're going give these townies a taste of what we're really made of," Lizzie announced and everyone looked to Faye as she quickly formulated a fake-out pass plan.  All were on board except Josie who openly spoke against the plan.

"Come on Josie let's just make a small come back we can still lose in the end," Faye reassured and Josie gave in hesitantly.  Both Josie and Lizzie siphoned a little bit of magic before separating.  All of Faye's plans were working with a little bit of manipulation.  Making sure everyone scored once even Henry got a go at it and he looked to enjoy it.  As the score finally matched on the sideline Faye decided to throw in the towel forcing Lizzie to make a play of her own on the whiteboard.

"What are you doing?" Lizzie asked as Josie took the board from her hand as well as the marker.

"I'm calling an audible of my own," Josie said, erasing the entire line up on it she quickly wrote LOSE before holding it up to them all.

"She's right we gotta lose," Faye explained but they all continued arguing amongst each other.  Penelope suggested they win by not using their powers as they were all in except Josie, "Sorry Jo."

"It's not your fault," She said and the two ran out on the field joining the others.  Lizzie's play didn't involve Faye much other than defense.  Lining up with Dean she smirked.

"I think this is where we're supposed to trash talk," Faye joked and Dean chuckled as they were eye to eye.

"Eh, this is anyone's game right now.  I'm just doing this because it will look good on my college resume," Dean explained, and Faye nodding her head agreeing as if that's why she was there as well.  When the ball snapped she ran at Dean tackling him down two fell laughing.  Not even caring about the game when they looked up Kaleb had just fumbled the ball and the townies won.

"Looks like it's my game," He said standing up holding his hand out to her.  Taking it as she stood up both of them dusted themselves off.

"Good game," She said, holding out her hand to him and he took it smiling kindly.

"Good game," As their teammates were slapping hands for good game a fight broke out on the field.  Resulting in Dean pulling her aside from the chaos as the fans ran into the fight and it was a mess.  When the dust finally settled the reality that anything with Dean was unattainable set in.

"Hey sorry about my teammates. Are you okay?" Dean asked looking at him Faye nodded.

"Thanks Dean," Faye said tucking a hair behind her ear looking around Henry was nowhere to be found, "I should go I need to find my friend."

🦋

THE SOUND OF CECELIA'S PHONE GOING OFF EARNED A GROAN IN RESPONSE. Rolling over, looking at the screen she had not set this alarm.  The screen said noon and the title of the alarm was Hope's initials.

"Damn you Hope Mikaelson," Cecelia grumbled as she rolled out of bed.  Going through her morning routine she noticed the dorm halls seemed rather empty for a Saturday.  She changed into regular clothes as she looked at herself in the communal bathroom mirror Alyssa came into view.

"Where the hell is everyone?" Cecelia asked earning an eye roll from Alyssa who was applying lip gloss.

"Maybe if you weren't such a couch potato you'd know they're losing in the yearly football game," Alyssa said wiping the corner of her mouth which had too much gloss.

"Maybe if you weren't such a bitch you'd have more friends," Cecelia said before exiting the bathroom.  Heading up to the field as she got there she was surprised to see Henry coming from that direction dressed as if he participated.

"If you're going to watch the game it's practically over some stupid fight broke out though," He said as he continued to walk but not toward the school.

"Last I check that is not where the buildings are at," Cecelia called out and Henry turned around with a smirk on his face.  She never said it to Hope or anyone but she always thought Henry was very attractive.  Knowing if Hope had ever discovered she thought that then there would be hell to pay.

"Actually I'm going to spark up at the old mill. Feel free to join me," He said before continuing his trek away from the dorms and the field.  Watching him she knew Hope was busy hunting down Landon and the chances of her finding out were slim.  Going with Henry she shielded her eyes as he went to his hiding place for his weed.  As he rolled the blunt Cecelia could not help but feel guilty about Hope.

"Why are you ignoring Hope?" Cecelia asked bluntly and Henry stopped for a second as he kept his eyes on the blunt in his hands.  Continuing to roll he sighed for a second at the Bennett witches inquisitive nature.

"Why don't you mind your business Cece," He asked and there was no anger in his tone as Cecelia put her hands up in defeat.  The two were an odd pairing but Henry could hang out with just about anyone, he just favored Faye for reasons even he did not understand.

"That's fair," Cecelia said and it became quiet again and she watched as he finally lit the blunt, "All I'm gonna say and then I'll stop is that she misses you."

🦋

HEADING INTO THE SCHOOL HEAD HUNG LOW FAYE WAS EXHAUSTED. Stopping in her room before hitting the showers she was surprised to not find Henry in there waiting for her.  After showering Faye made her way to the kitchen in hopes for a snack.  In the main kitchen settling on a banana and a bottle of water, she chuckled as Cecelia was also in the kitchen. She was squinting and seemingly in her own world.  The two never interacted, but as Hope hated Faye she naturally just assumed so did Hope's best friend. Taking her banana and bottle of water to her room, she smiled lightly as Henry was laying on her bed with various different snacks from the kitchen.

Joining him on the bed he already had Netflix up on the television.  As you sat next to him the familiar scent hit your nostrils, "You know you can't get high with the werewolf gene, right?"

"Yeah whatever one day I will. Now we need to pick something to watch," Henry said holding the remote flipping through the movies.  Completely disregarding her statement the young wolf yawned as he flipped through the movies and tv shows on the screen.

"No Joker," Faye said, earning a sigh from Henry as he passed the movie cover but as another equally familiar cover came into view he chimed up quickly.

"No Hairspray. If I hear the song Good Morning Baltimore one more time I will hurt someone."

🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.8K 27
𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘯π˜₯ 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘡 𝘧𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘯π˜₯𝘴 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 ...𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—Œπ—Žπ—‰π–Ύπ—‹π—‡π–Ίπ—π—Žπ—‹π–Ίπ—… π—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ—‚π–½...
1K 8 13
πšπ™΄πš€πš„π™΄πš‚πšƒ 𝙾𝙿𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙳 [𝚑 πš›πšŽπšŠπšπšŽπš›] πš‚πš•πš˜πš  πš„πš™πšπšŠπšπšŽπšœ π™²πš‘πšŠπš›πšŠπšŒπšπšŽπš›πšœ - πš‚πšπšŽπšπšŽπš— πš‚πšŠπš•πšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš›πšŽ (1) - π™³πšŠπš–πš˜πš— πš‚πšŠ...
225K 2.2K 32
(Girl readers Sorry) Characters: Hope Josie Lizzie Penelope Rafael Landon MG Jed CAST: Kaylee Brant Danielle Rose Russell Jenny Boyd Lulu Anta...
1.1K 29 8
the story of hope mikaelson and adelaide salvatore