✓ promise • harry bingham

By pearlanoia

❝She hated him, simply because she did not know him very well❞ | The society / Harry Bingham x oc In which a... More

introduction
sonder
énouement
opia
andronitis
monachopsis
kenopsia
ellipsism
kuebiko
jouska
anagapesis
part two

exulansis

2.4K 67 5
By pearlanoia

exulansis

-

the tendency to give up trying to talk about

an experience because people are unable to relate to it

The doors to the medical clinic burst open, revealing Harry Bingham with an unconscious Adelaide Miller in his arms. The room was chaos, about a dozen people were lay on hospital beds throwing up and looking very ill. Kelly and Gordie were rushing around, trying to do their best to help anyone they could from the unknown illness.

"Someone help!" Harry shouted as he entered, his arms growing weaker and his worry increasing for the girl. Kelly ran over to him, checking Addy's pulse and directing them over to the last available bed in the corner of the room.

"How long has she been out?" Kelly asked, placing the back of her hand on Adelaide's forehead for her temperature. "Uhh, I don't know, like 10 minutes? I ran straight here." Harry said panicking, looking around at the state of the ward. "You gotta help her, Kelly. Please." His eyes glossed over, he couldn't bear the thought of him losing Addy.

Before Kelly could reassure the boy, Gordie rushed over, an IV in hand. "Kelly you have to do it now, Elle and Adelaide look the worst." Kelly hesitated, fumbling around with the equipment he gave her. She took a deep breath before placing the needle in Addy's arm, Harry holding Adelaide's hand whilst she did it.

"Did it work?" Harry asked, breathing heavily. "I think so." Kelly replied before taking Gordie and pacing over to Elle who was a couple of beds down the corridor. Harry sighed and placed his head in his hands, overwhelmed by the nights events. Only two hours ago, the couple were walking back from the thanksgiving feast hand in hand the evening had took a drastic turn for the worst.

"You're gonna be ok, Ads." he stated, placing her hair behind her ear. Just as he did this, the girl began to stir awake, shifting around slowly. She groaned and her eyes fluttered open. "Addy, Addy. You're ok. Thank god, you're ok. I'm here." Harry reassured her thankful she had finally regained consciousness.

"What happened?" she asked drowsily, trying to sit upright before Harry gently pushed her back down. "You were sick and you passed out. Apparently, so were a lot of people." he replied, still holding her hand in comfort.

"Thank you." Addy responded simply, still disoriented from the events. She laced her fingers between Harry's, weakly smiling at him. Seeing Harry Bingham actually care for her made Adelaide relieved. There was no doubt that there was a romantic tension between the two, but Addy often questioned if her really liked her. Now she was sure of it.

It has been four days since thanksgiving. The people who were 'poisoned' were now almost recovered. Allie still had no idea who was the culprit. Harry and Adelaide spent the last few days in Harry's bedroom only taking the occasional walk together. The two hadn't done any of their work assigned by the leaders of New Ham and their rations were cut short.

Luckily for the two, Addy had been saving a portion of her rations for Harry after she saw the note on his bedside when coming back from being in custody. They had enough to last them for the next few weeks and they didn't see any point in being involved with the town community.

In the kitchen when everyone was out, the couple sat eating breakfast having just missed the meeting at the church. Campbell came striding into the house and stood next to them. He gave Harry a cup of coffee and smirked at them.

"Morning sunshines." Campbell laughed earning a sigh from Harry. Harry didn't want to associate himself with Campbell anymore, he had heard the things he's said about Adelaide and valued their relationship more than his friendship. "Fuck off Campbell." Harry replied.

"Didn't get one for me?" Addy sarcastically asked, gesturing towards the coffee he had just placed in front of Harry. "No, just for Harry because he's gotta get ready for the debate." Campbell stated, smirking at the girl.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, pushing the boy away from him as he began to massage his shoulders. Campbell laughed before replying, "I signed you up this morning, you're going to run for mayor against Allie."

"Uh, I don't think so." Harry replied, sending a frustrated look towards Adelaide. "You can't just sign other people up, Campbell." Addy added, annoyed at his unusually chirpy attitude towards the couple.

"We don't have a lot of time if we're going to pull this off, so let's just skip this part. You two look like shit by the way." Campbell replied growing frustrated at the two's non-conformity. "He already said no, can't you understand that? If you want to be in charge why don't you run for mayor yourself." Adelaide replied.

"I'd never get elected you know that." He stated before taking a seat next to Harry and continuing, "You like the way things are being run? Because I don't. You like picking up garbage, being crammed into a house with fucking assholes? I mean, you two haven't even been to work for what like a week. You really want this to be your life?"

Addy could see his point, Harry running the town would bring in a lot of benefits for the couple. But she was still suspicious as to what Campbell had to gain from this. Him signing Harry up was purely for his own benefit but what would he get from him being mayor?

"No." Harry bluntly replied. "Then get your shit together man, this is our chance. I remember when you used to run this place. This school, the town. Nobody could touch you. That guy is still in there." Campbell responded and the two guys began laughing at old memories.

Adelaide grew uncomfortable, playing with the spoon that lay in her bowl of cereal. Harry running the town might mean things going back to the way they used to be, to a time when Harry and Addy didn't really know each other. Harry was popular and Addy was nothing.

"Let's get you back where you belong, just trust me."

Whilst Harry was at home writing his speech for the debate, Addy had agreed to stop by at Allie's and pick up the rules for the debate. Although the girl was hesitant of Harry running for mayor, there was nothing she could do. Campbell had convinced him.

Knocking on the door, her palms grew sweaty. The last time she stopped by at Allie's house things didn't go too well so the girl didn't have high expectations. Thankfully, it was Gordie who opened the door. Gordie was one of the only people who had been kind to Addy.

"Hey, uh, can I speak to Allie?" she asked, fidgeting nervously. Gordie smiled and nodded, "Yeah, come in I'll go get her." he replied. Before he could walk off, Addy interrupted, "Hey, Gordie?" he turned around to face the girl.

"Thank you. For everything, helping out at the hospital and whatever." she smiled and gave him a short hug. The two weren't the closest of friends but he was one of the only people who Adelaide felt like she could trust and she hadn't thanked him enough for being so accepting of her.

"You're welcome." he replied a bit taken aback at her act of kindness before continuing, "How are you feeling, better?" Gordie asked. "Yeah, i'm better." she replied smiling watching Gordie nod and make his way upstairs to fetch Allie.

Adelaide took a seat on the kitchen stool, awaiting Allie's presence. "Hey, what's up?" she asked casually, sitting down on the stool next to the girl. "I was wondering if you had he rules for the debate?" Addy asked.

"Why are you running?" Allie asked, furrowing her eyebrows. Adelaide shook her head, "No, no. Harry is. I said I would come and get the rules for him." Allie sighed and nodded, "Oh, that's too bad. You would make a great mayor." Addy laughed slightly and rolled her eyes assuming that Allie was being overly nice, "I don't think so."

"Seriously, Addy. You're not the loudest person, but you know what you believe in. You're not one to be swayed by others and despite everything that has happened over the last few months, you really do have good intentions." Allie replied before rummaging through a pile of papers for the rules.

Addy smiled and raised her eyebrows, shocked at her honesty. "You know, I don't really think Harry wants to go for mayor. It's all Campbell's idea. Look, I..I'm happy with Harry but I just want to get back to work now. I want to speak to more people, I want to help out with the community but I don't think he's ready for that."

Allie handed over the sheet of paper and sighed, sitting back down. "You can't let Harry get involved with Campbell, he's bad news. You should talk to him. I can tell he really, really likes you, he'll understand if you want to go back to working."

"Thanks, Allie." Adelaide replied, taking in everything the girl had just said. She took the paper and left the house, walking back to Harry's.

Entering his house, she saw Campbell sat in the kitchen. "The candidate's in the shower if you were wondering. You should go join him." he said smirking as the girl sat down. Adelaide rolled her eyes, "What are you doing here, Campbell?" she asked.

"I'm his mentor, I'm helping him out." He replied, taking a bite of the sandwich that Addy had made for Harry earlier which still wasn't eaten. "He can do it himself, he's running not you." she replied rolling her eyes.

"Oh I get it, you don't trust me. Too bad. I'm actually a little hurt." Campbell smirked at the girl, making her frustration grow. "What are you going to do if he wins?" Addy asked curiously, confused as to his real intentions.

"Run this town the way it should be run. You can join us on our endeavour but if we're being frank I don't trust you either. Ever since you and Harry got together he's been nicer, I don't like it." Campbell replied taking another bite from the sandwich.

"Hey Campbell." Harry shouted from across the corridor before walking into the kitchen. He gave a genuine smile to Addy and continued, "Hey, you guys seen these texts? It looks like they arrested your girlfriend, Campbell."

Campbell's face fell. He rushed out of the house not sparing another word to the two. Harry walked over to Addy and placed an arm around her shoulder, kissing the top of her head. "Hey, can I ask you something?" Adelaide stated.

"Yeah of course." Harry replied sitting down and rolling his eyes at the half eaten sandwich on the counter. "Do you really want to do this? Running for mayor." Addy asked, sighing clearly not happy with Campbell.

"Look, babe, we can run this town. We can do whatever the hell we want if I get in." Harry replied placing a hand on her thigh. "I just don't think Campbell has the right intentions." Adelaide stated biting her lip anxiously.

"I'm not doing it for Campbell, ok. I'm doing this for us."

End. 1869 words.

hey! so we're almost at the end of season 1 ahh! there's just about an episode and a bit left which I can probably fit into one chapter. as I'm writing this, season two is not out yet so after the next chapter there probably won't be another update for a while. thank you all for voting and commenting on my story it's been a lot of work but very fun. adelaide and harry are just literal goals ugh. see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 53 31
Society has fallen as the teens are in charge, chaos takes over the small, quiet town of West Ham. {Harry Bingham X OC} Started: October 3rd, 2022...
18K 321 28
Dahlia Jenkins thought she had her whole life figured out she had planned everything that she wanted to do during her last days in high school and he...
11.3K 192 18
completed 2023 ✔ / in editing 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗. They where just a group of Connecticut high school students that where supposed...
82.1K 1.8K 15
{COMPLETED - 26/6/19} Diana Walker and the rest of her peers at West Ham head off on an extended camping trip but a storm forces them all to come hom...