Crystal {Completed}

By Sarah24SM

One world two different colors.... She came from all the wrongs she never did, her side was nothing but fille... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue!
Romano

Chapter 10

1.4K 129 20
By Sarah24SM

Crystal groans tiredly as she falls on the heap of straws and stares at the clear blue sky, she turns her head to the side and watches Destiny pile more of straws making her frown.

"Do we have to collect them everyday?" she asks with a groan.

"I cannot believe you are already tired, it's not even noon" Destiny points and Crystal takes a deep breath.

"How do you know, what to do? Do you like discuss it with your brother at dinner or something?" Crystal asks and Destiny walks towards the woman before she lies beside Crystal.

"I have been doing this I guess my whole life, I mean at first I used to watch Connor do this all day then I got bored so I followed him around and started to help him, pass him rope and stuff and then guess it became our thing...

After years of doing this, you kind of get a hold on it"

"So, you just know what to do?" Crystal asks the girl.

"Yeah, I mean this is all we know, this is all we have if we don't know how to handle our own farm who will?" Destiny grins as she stands up.

"Stop the gossip and back at work" Connor shouts making the girls to stare at his way.

"And you stop being annoying" Destiny shouts back at Connor who does not say a word as he enters the barn.

"Come on, Chrissie we need to pile them up faster before the caveman there wants his lunch" Destiny grumbles as she walks towards the straw.

"Caveman, I like that" Crystal grins as she goes to carry the straws.

*******

"Oh god, oh god, these are so good" Destiny moans as she eats the cake.

"Don't talk while eating" Connor frowns at his sister.

"Whatever, but it's so good, did you make it?" Destiny asks as she goes for another piece.

"Uh, no" Crystal replies as she glances at Connor who silently eats his food.

"Oh god, did you buy it then? Chrissie, these are expensive" Destiny gasps as she stares at the cake.

"Well, it's not a big deal" Crystal smiles and Destiny grins nodding her head.

"You are really nice, Chrissie, way better than Connor. He never lets me have any pastries; his answer is we have food in the home...

Uh, he will never understand we girls need sugar" she points and Crystal just smiles as she once again glances at her mate who just ignores them.

"Uh, well then I will see you tomorrow" Crystal states as she dries her hands after doing the dishes.

"Cool, bye" Destiny calls from the living area and Crystal looks around the house to see Connor who left as soon as he was done with lunch.

Closing the door, Crystal turns around only to gasps as Connor stands on the doorway, she blinks as he grabs her hand and puts some money.

"No, I..."

"Don't buy any pastries for us again" he states before walking in the house before she could say anything.

Crystal sighs as she hears him lock the door, before she turns to leave.

"Ewe, Connor, you stink, get away from me" Crystal smiles as she hears Destiny shouts at her brother and an idea enters in her head.

*******

"Princess" someone calls for Crystal who sighs before she nods at the man.

"Where are you coming from Princess?" the man asks curiously and Crystal clears her throat.

"A walk"

"But you have been gone for a while, I have been looking for you" he points making her nod.

"Well, I had some lessons"

"But Marissa, has been busy assisting the ministers" he frowns and Crystal stares at the man.

"And what makes you think that I cannot do anything without any help or Marissa around? I know where she is as I have put her in that place and as for my lessons, I am smart enough to go through it without her for a while...

Unless, you think of me as a fool"

"My apologies, Princess. I did not mean to offend you, it's just that we have noticed you are not around the palace at this time of the day" he speaks and Crystal narrows her eyes.

"Are you spying on me?"

"No, no...it's just that..."

"I have already talked with Antonio on this matter and he assured me no one shall disturb me but you dare question about my whereabouts?

How will I train my secret techniques if everyone knew about my business? I know my life has no privacy but..."

"Please Princess, calm down, I did not..."

"Calm down, calm down, how dare you ask me to calm"

"Princess, please, sorry, I won't ever ask it, sorry, please" the man apologizes before he walks away from her and Crystal breathes in relief before a giggle leaves her mouth.

*******

Crystal jumps off the balcony as she lands on the ground silently, she looks around before she slowly walks away, hiding behind the pillars she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes as she opens it and focuses on the talks on going inside the room.

"How can just a mere girl know how to handle the responsibility of the throne? She may have the right to throne by blood but what happens when she mates?

What if it is someone incapable of works around?" someone asks and Crystal crouches down as she listens.

"Then we shall make sure we give him the lessons..."

"We did not ask for your views Marissa, just because the Princess asked you to join us does not mean you are our equal"

"I am not an equal but have enough sense to know what is right and wrong and talking ill about the Princess is a traitorous act in itself" Marissa replies.

"Marissa, you may leave" Antonio's command makes the girl frown before she walks out quietly.

"Giovanni, if we let her do whatever she likes without any consult to us, there will come a day we won't be needed...

She maybe the heir to the throne but that does not mean she can make or break rules. We have some procedures to follow, she has some protocols that needs to be pointed out to her" the men advice as they leave the room and Crystal sighs as she hurries back to her room.

********

The next day Crystal avoids going to her mate's house, spending her day inside of the library, she walks around the line of books pulling out some as she gets down to read some of it. After reading few pages she puts the book away before grabbing another one, but her mind wanders around and she cannot concentrate.

With a groan, Crystal puts the books away before she lies on the couch and stares at the ceiling. Yawning, she closes her eyes and falls asleep on the couch at once.

Crystal jerks wide awake as someone shakes her arm, she gets up and look around to find no one. Getting up from the couch, she walks looking around the shelves before she finds a shadow moving.

Without a thought she follows it until she reaches secret stairs, hesitating for a brief moment Crystal halts on her step.

"Follow me, if you want to know" a voice calls making her gasps before she rushes down the stairs.

********

"She did not come today" Destiny informs her brother who glances her way before he continues to dig the land.

"Connie" she shouts stomping his way.

"Des, I need to finish..."

"Do hell with the digging Connie. What if she never comes back?"

"Then she does not"

"That's mean. She has been so helpful. She even got us pastries" she growls at her brother who sighs wiping his sweat from his forehead.

"Maybe she does not want to come today"

"Or maybe you scared her off, you should have been friendlier with her. It as so good to have a female in the house. I am bored just seeing you" she points making him frown.

"That's not so nice, Des. I never said I get bored seeing you or I miss a having a male in the house" he replies and she jabs a finger on his chest.

"That's because you are boring and have no sense of anything. If she does not return in this house tomorrow, I will dig a bigger hole and push you in it" she warns as she walks back in the house.

"What do you want me to do?" he asks.

"Find her"

"We don't even know where she lives" he shouts back.

"See. You know nothing" Destiny screams slamming the door of the house.

*******

"What happened to your hand?" Diego asks as he stares at the burn on Crystal's hand.

"Nothing" she quickly hides her hand.

"Looks like a burn"

"The candles, it's because of the candles"

"Should have been healed by now" he points and Crystal sighs.

"It is""

"Here, let me" Diego asks as he goes to grab her hand but stops when she refuses.

"It's okay, it will heal"

"Bored in the house that you started to hurt your own self?" he teases before he takes his seat back.

"So, what's with this sudden visit?" she asks him.

"I cannot even come and check on you?" he raises a brow at her question.

"You can, of course"

"Well, I was thinking if you want to come stay with us, for a while" he asks and she shakes her head no immediately.

"Thank you, but it's fine. I am good here"

"I know you are, but without Adrian around" Diego sighs as he holds her hand in his.

"Diego, I am fine. I cannot always have someone who hides me away"

"I know, but from the things on going around here"

"I am going to take that Throne and for everyone to take me serious and respect me I will have to stay here and let them know my thoughts and stand on my decision...

Their uneasiness to change will not waver my decisions, it never should" she states making hm smile as he kisses on top of her head.

"Good, just know if there is anything you need, we are here"

"I know" she smiles before Diego pulls her to stand and they both walk out of the room.

*******

"I have been thinking of asking Dante to come join you here" Diego suggests and Crystal glances at the man.

"Not when he will scare off all of the women in the house" she jokes making Diego groan.

"I cannot believe that my son is a rake" he sighs tiredly while Crystal laughs.

"I don't think I want to get into that conversation"

"He just needs some responsibilities"

"It's not about responsibilities, it's more about him having the seriousness of it. And Dante is never serious" Crystal points so Diego gives up on the subject of their talk.

"I heard there has been some sort of ruckus"

"That is what happens when Men start to think they are the superior beings"

"Disagreements between the Royal and her advocates is not a good sign, you should always walk around with a balance between your work and the benefit of your people" Diego advices.

"The benefit of my people makes me wonder if my own advocates are capable to agree on the term that in few months, I will be leading them"

"We believe in you. I would like to have a little credit in raising you, so try to bring the peace that your father always believed you could bring in within our people. Make a move, take a step but know we will be behind you with every step you take, by your side" he promises and Crystal nods as she watches him leave.

Crystal stares at her hand that still had the burn on it, rubbing around it slowly she takes a deep breath and stares at the way Diego walks out of.

"Peace" she whispers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.2K 44
Well doesn't everyone want to meet their soulmate, that one person who is made just for them... Crystal has always believed in the term 'soulmates'...
55.5K 1.5K 49
Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never understand, for her life was anything b...
99.7K 1.9K 40
She is cold and ruthless She is a monster a killer She has secrets Her own betrayed her Her own broke her She need to love a second chance When...
28.9K 916 45
BOOK ONE IN THE SEARCHING SERIES-Vito stroked her cheek slowly. "Have you never been kissed?" Pearl nodded and Vito smirked. "You don't know how bad...