Quotes and Poems of WW1

De Purple_Pixi3

A handful of poems and quotes from former ww1 veterans and people reflecting on the past. Some poems/quotes w... Mai multe

'West with the Night'
'If'- A Father's Advice to His Son
'Birdsong'
'The Guns of August'
'The Shock of the New'
'All Quiet on the Western Front'
'The Dream of Scipio'
'The Undying Monster: A Tale of the Fifth'
'Peace with Honour'
'Diplomacy'
'E.V.Debs Speech'
'Remembrance'
'They Were Counted'
Quote 1
Quote 2
Quote 3
Quote 4
Quote 5
Quote 6
Quote 7
Quote 8
'For The Fallen'
'MCMXIV'
'Counter-Attack and Other Poems'
'The Poems Of Wilfred Owen'
'The War Poems'
'Shall Keep the Faith'
'Flanders Fields'
Poem 1

'The Shock of the New' 2

67 5 0
De Purple_Pixi3

"When the war (WWI) finally ended it was necessary for both sides to maintain, indeed even to inflate, the myth of sacrifice so that the whole affair would not be seen for what it was: a meaningless waste of millions of lives. Logically, if the flower of youth had been cut down in Flanders, the survivors were not the flower: the dead were superior to the traumatized living. In this way, the virtual destruction of a generation further increased the distance between the old and the young, between the official and the unofficial."

― Robert Hughes

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

337K 17.8K 7
Welcome Wattpadders! This book will be short and to the point. I won’t bore you with mundane grammar rules or the crap you learn in English class, bu...
13K 1.7K 133
This is not poetry . . . Rankings: #1 in Poet (27/11/2023) #3 in Distress (22/12/2023) #3 in sadpoems (25/12/2023) #2 in lovepoem (25/12/2023) #3 in...
55.1K 1.3K 22
When Ophiuchus is found dead at her own sleepover party, the 12 Zodiacs are left in a huge mansion miles away from town, with no signal, transport an...
31.8M 1M 198
Everything and anything about your zodiac sign whether it be stereotypes Or real accurate facts, Who knows? What is your sign? I tried to be all deep...