Immortal (COMPLETED)

By JORDANCIAGA

His hands rush to pick up thin dollar bills leaving small paper cuts on his fingers and I can feel the anxiet... More

I N T R O + C H A R A C T E R S ♡︎
P R O L O G U E ♡︎
one : the meeting
two : curious
three: dinner and a kiss
five : 1 dead
six : backpedal
seven : aftermath
eight : the high priestess
nine : late night
ten : drinks on me
eleven : she was right
twelve : a wedding
thirteen : dinner and a flight
fourteen : wren's interlude
fifteen : now we run
sixteen : normal
seventeen : a few dead
eighteen : are you in my head?
nineteen : you don't know who you're dealing with, do you?
twenty : intesa sanpaolo
twenty-one : birthday girl
twenty-two : who lies more?
twenty-three : canadian citizen
twenty-five : retry
twenty-six : wren, the renaissance thief
E P I L O G U E ♡︎
OUTRO + END THOUGHTS ♡︎
SEQUEL ♡︎

four : yike or die

54 4 1
By JORDANCIAGA

He grabs my hand leading me back into the bedroom, "Sammy, relax. Sabrina's gonna hear us." I giggle as he pushed me on the bed pulling his black belt, loosening his pants.

"Baby, what time have we ever gotten caught?" He smiles, pulling himself onto the bed, leaning over me. Our lips meet softly as he runs his hands up and down my body. He pulls away and now his face is dripping in blood with cuts and broken bones scattered.

"Look at what you did to me." His head snaps to the left and his eyes are quickly filling with blood. Blood-curdling screams fill my lungs as I try to crawl away while dark red drips onto my bare legs. "Look at me!" His voice distorts, "YOU did this."

I wake up with my hair thrown messily in to my face. Looking around, I meet my gaze in the mirror before breaking away guiltily, getting up. Wow, the nightmares are getting more and more intense. I pull my hair into a bun and open my door, rubbing my wrist nostalgically on my way to the kitchen. The best thing to do is just ignore them at this point it's already been two years. My feet connect with the cold hardwood, head throbbing slightly. I navigate into the kitchen and grab a glass out of the cabinet before filling it with water from the fridge. Hearing a shift in the living room I peek in between the walkway to see Oliver on the couch. Once he meets eye contact with me, he looks away harshly. Damn, so last night really did happen. I touch a finger to my lips. I wonder why he's still out here... I walk over towards the living room and sit down right across to him. "Let's talk."

"I wasn't trying to have a conversation with you this morning but maybe you were right yesterday, we don't need to get close." He doesn't even make eye contact with me, looking off into the distance. "What happened last night shouldn't have happened. It didn't even mean anything."

In confusion, I turn to face my body towards him, "So you're just going to use my words against me. Tell me the truth why did you come into my room last night?"

He shakes his head. "It doesn't matter and it's not even like that, I don't need to be friends with you." I scoff, moving my head back in annoyance.

Clearing my throat to make sure he hears me loud and clear, "Now I know exactly what happened last night. You came tiptoeing into my room, mind you, in the middle of the night, looking for moral support and a quick fuck."

"Moral support." He says sternly finally looking me in the eye with a cold expression. "I see now that was a mistake. Fuck it, Wren. I don't even feel like talking about it."

"I don't understand what kind of game you're playing right now." I stand up walking towards the hallway.

"I should have never even gone. Dumb bitch." He looks away harshly. Anger swells inside of me and I can feel my blood boiling.

"Fuck you. No wonder Sabrina can't stand you. When you learn to think with your mind instead of your dick, still don't talk to me." I storm back to my room, throwing the door closed behind me.

Why does everything always blow up in my face? I start to rummage through my suitcase angrily, trying to find an outfit to go shopping in for today. I throw together the first thing I see; black chunky sandals and a long slip dress with blue and gold cheetah print. After I finish changing, I try to pry the scrunchie out my hair when I hear a knock on my door. "Come in!" I turn to see Sabrina, feeling relieved but also concerned. "Hey. Can I just go by myself and get everything? I just need a few things I won't be too long."

She nods as I finish pulling my hair into a slick high ponytail, grabbing the black denim jean jacket on my bed and lacing my arms through it. "Yeah that's fine, can you get me a few things for Oliver? I want to make it up to him, last night we got into a stupid ass fight." The guilt starts setting in deeper now.

"For sure, I'm about to leave." She hands me the keys, knowing I was probably getting ready. I crack a small laugh. "Thank you, sis." I grab a little blue backpack and tuck my phone and wallet inside before giving her a side hug, "Be back soon."

"Be safe, Wren. Be careful, text me when you get back." She smiles before I nod and dart past her down the hallway to the door without stopping or glancing at anyone in my path. He was never worth my time anyway, can't even be faithful on three shots. Are you fucking kidding me? I go through the front door, noticing a shadow facing me as I close it.

After going through what feels like hundreds of stores, I decided to get Sabrina and Oliver an espresso machine and a matching set for their wedding gift. I found a few outfits at the mall, even though I got lost on my way there. It was nice being in my own space and being able to clearly think, I was calm now about the whole situation. It was clear that we both felt a way towards each other but I just wish last night could've gone differently. I sit in the car dreading my arrival back. It's so beautiful here, I can't wait to go clubbing or wine tasting or anything involving getting away from Oliver. I still can't believe he makes out with me, gets hard, and just makes it seem like I did something bad to him. I look at the wine she texted me to buy Oliver in the back seat as well as the bag of alcohol to contribute to tonight's party. Sighing, my fingers turn the key and start the car, getting ready to drive back. Hopefully, the party isn't all bad, at least I'm going to look cute as hell. I wish we just became friends and there was no weird emotional or sexual tension.

I turn my music up rapping the lyrics. "He says I'm a dog I might give his ass a treat," Just relax, Wren. Everything's going to go as planned.

-

I get home shortly after calling Sabrina so she can help me get everything out of the car. Instead, Oliver comes over and as he passes me I grab my bags, dropping the keys on the seat before going into the house staying completely silent.

"Hey," Sabrina hops off the couch and waltzes over to me. "We're gonna start setting up at 9 but it starts at 10 so we ordered pizza if you're hungry," Sabrina points at the counter holding a couple of stacks of pizzas.

"Oh fasho, thanks. I'll get some later. He's getting the rest of the stuff out of the car for you." I hand her my bag of drinks.

"Oh thanks, I was worried we weren't going to have enough alcohol for tonight. And of course Wren, you know I missed you so much, little sis. It's been crazy... so many things have happened."

I raise my eyebrows, "Girl I know crazy, trust me. It's good being in the same house with you again even if it's just for a little while. Thank you guys for having me." I'm surprised that she might have really forgiven me as Oliver said.

She walked closer to me. "You're all I have left in our family, we need to stay close."

"I know, nothing can get between us this time, I promise." Oliver coming into the house interrupts our conversation. "Well, I'm gonna go relax and unwind a little until it's time to get ready." Fuck I left the espresso machine in the trunk. I fake a smile before turning and going back to my bedroom. Setting my bags down on the bed, I close the door before sitting down and taking my jacket and shoes off.

I opened my laptop and started watching Netflix. It was only a couple of hours until the party now, I laid my head against the smooth slanted headboard pondering about what might go on tonight. Since I got to this house all I've been doing is thinking about the final outcome, how everything's going to pan out. I touch my lips, recalling how soft his felt last night. Tonight I'm going to forget about Oliver and have fun. He's not worth my time. I turn the volume up resting my hand on my face forgetting about the secret kiss.

I finally pull the straps on my heels back tying them into a bow before going to look at myself in the mirror. I look good. I'm dressed in blue tight ripped jeans and a halter bandage top that wraps around my body. I check my phone to see the text from Nicole yesterday.

'Girl, you get any new guys yet? lmaoo I miss you!!' I smirk, she always knows my thoughts. Typing fast I send my reply.

'Bitch tonight is my night I can't wait to get back and see you girl I miss you more ): Ima catch u up soon.'

I tuck my phone and a lighter in my back pocket, a blunt behind my ear, and slip out the door into the kitchen. Loud music blasts throughout the house on speakers and the bass causes the floor to shake slightly. Quin nfn? Hmm. Even though his personality is trash his music taste isn't. "Hey!" Sabrina exclaims with her hair straightened, a soft glam beat face, and a tight pink dress with a laced up split. Oliver steps behind her from around the corner, wearing a button-up long sleeve dress shirt with a shiny gold chain dangling around his neck. A white and cream checkered Louis V. belt decorates his blue ripped jeans and black Air Force Ones are on his feet loose-laced. My heart rate sped up as I shifted the weight between my feet. Even though we're not cool right now he does look good, I'll give him that.

"Hey, guys," I say looking around to see a few people sitting in the living room area. "Is the party about to start?"

Sabrina checks her phone, speaking loudly over the music, "Yeah, it actually already started, we're gonna finish setting up in a sec. Can you help Oliver with the drinks? My friends and I are gonna do everything else." She points to the group.

I fold my arms, standing up straighter, "He's a tough guy, he can do it himself."

"Funny, Wren." She says with a serious look on her face. "Come on." I roll my eyes before giving in and walking over to the counter to grab a few bottles. Now it's really going to be awkward.

Sabrina opens the back door, letting a couple more people in who shout, "AYYY!" As soon as they see the alcohol. I smile at them, glad by the change of atmosphere while I begin separating the alcohol between dark and light.

He walks up to the counter and I can feel his eyes on me before he pauses. "I know we're not getting along as planned but you can try to relax."

Rolling my neck to turn to look at him to see if he really has the audacity to be talking to me right now, "What makes you think I'm not relaxed?" I slam a bottle on the counter before averting my gaze at him. "You know what... Don't come over here giving me advice when you were the one who had the fucked up attitude." I shoo him off without looking back into his widened eyes. "I don't wanna talk."
I can hear him sigh heavily as I grab a bag of ice and start pouring it into the sink. I finish putting the bottles in when two people come up from behind me and grab a few. "What the .." I turn and look in to the living room to see a medium crowd forming. When did all these people show up? I nod my head along to the music, preparing myself to get to know people tonight.

Chatter fills the house as two guys push the couches next to each other on the wall for more room. Smiling faces and dancing bodies fill their living room shortly, it felt like high school all over again. I grab a red cup from the stack off the counter and mix myself a drink.

"You know, Wren," he grabs a cup off the counter next to me startling me with his sudden presence. "Things could've gone better between us. We gotta cut the tension."

"I don't know." Nodding my head as I burrow my head in my cup for a long sip. Gulping I add, "I feel like you should think about the way you act, Oliver. I know what you did was wrong. Stop talking to me or I'll make you truly understand how much of an inconvenience you are to me." I respond coldly over the music, looking him in the eye to see the pent up anger building before sashaying towards a group of boys.

I eye them as I raise my cup to my face, before announcing my presence. "Hey boys."
Two turn around, one was slightly taller with light brown skin and crisp waves. He smiles revealing deep dimples and a grill that looked expensive. His friend who had blonde hair with a blunt in his hand eyes me up and down before pushing his other hand slowly through his hair. This one was shirtless. Oh, the possibilities tonight...

Someone grabs me by my wrist yanking me in the opposite direction as they form their lips to speak. I turn back to see who's grabbing me to see Sabrina. "Girl they will eat you alive," She laughs with a bottle in her other hand. "Here." She starts pouring my cup up almost to the top. "Drink up, I'm going to introduce you to my bestie. Her name's Charity you're going to love her." I smell my cup before following her and taking a long sip. I guess I'm going to get fucked up tonight.

We approach a small group of girls newly gathered at the kitchen island. A short girl with long hair down her back and gold jewelry detailing her simple outfit consisting of a bikini top and white jean shorts stands up with a large smile on her face. She stumbles as she walks towards me with a small bottle of Hennessy in her hand. "Hi!! I've heard so much about you! I'm Char." She shouts drunkenly over the music.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Wren." I say with a small laugh realizing how shitfaced she was. "Y'all seem to be having a good time." How I'm trying to be.

"Yess," She slurs as she takes the cap off her bottle. "We'll get you lit tonight don't worry." She says as she backs up and starts jigging to the music. I smile, thinking about how she and I might just get along.

Sabrina and Charity start talking and laughing as I look around the party and spotted Oliver standing with a couple of other men facing towards us. Our eyes meet for a split second before I break eye contact looking back down at the cup in my hand. I shift, thinking about how I'm going to be able to survive the rest of my visit here with his daunting presence.

Becoming angsty, I feel a sudden heat begin to run through my body telling me that the alcohol was starting to hit me. Sabrina leans in-towards my ear, "Let's dance, come on," She laces her fingers in between mine dancing her way to the middle of the crowd. People gather around us and start hyping her up. Wow, I didn't know she had such a big friend group, this is deep. "Fuck it up, Sabrina!" Char yells as Sabrina starts rapping along to the words while she dances. I start feeling the music and moving my head up and down. Then my song starts playing on the speakers and I start moving my hips back and forward, knowing I'm about to start fucking it up.

I put my free hand on my knees and start dancing and lowkey start getting more attention from the boys gathered around us. The talk boy from earlier pulls me up by my arm gently so he can whisper in my ear, "Why have I never see you before?"

I smirk, "I'm her sister." I point at Sabrina who nods proudly.

He starts laughing, "Damn I should've known. I'm Jahim."

"Wren." I bite my lip, passing him my phone on the new message screen. "Text me sometime."

He cracks a smile, "For sure." He slides it back into my hand before ducking off into the crowd. I start heading back into the kitchen confidently stumbling. I lean against the counter questioning if that just really happened. For the third time tonight, I feel a hand grab my wrist, dragging me towards the back of the house. I turn facing Oliver as he drags me to my room, pushing both of us inside.

"Um, what the fuck?" I question, rubbing my wrist and furrowing my eyebrows at him. "Why are you being a dick?"

"I'm not even trying to. It feels like you're trying to provoke me or something." He walked around, throwing his hands as he talks in a tone I've never heard before. "I don't get why every woman in your family think ya'll should retaliate and go do some hoe shit." I mean let's pretend like I didn't go up to that group of boys knowing he would watch.

I start bursting into a sudden fit of laughter, "Bitch, you're a joke." I get up and head towards the door, adjusting myself to go back to the party. He grabs my shoulders turning me around and staring deeply into my eyes.

"Wren," This time I can smell the alcohol in his breath and feel his palms sweating. A sigh escapes his lips, hanging his head down before looking back up at me. "It bothers me that I feel like I can't leave you alone."

"Yeah, me too." I cross my arms before sighing. "You know I was really starting to think you were cool."

He looks at me sadly before letting go of one of my shoulders and pausing. "I have been being a dick and I'm sorry." I scoff, looking away from him. "Wren, really. Last night scared me, I've never done anything like that while in a relationship but you made it seem like it was right?" He backs up putting a hand up to his forehead, "That doesn't even make sense, I don't know how I fucking feel... I know something is drawing me to you."

Butterflies start building in my stomach and I can't force them away, "This is crazy, you've known me for two days! You've been seeing Sabrina for three whole years." I raise my voice, still hearing the thumping of music from outside my door.

"I love Sabrina, I'm not saying I want to end everything to be with you, that would be crazy. I just need to know I'm making the right decision."

I sit on the bed, grabbing the blunt from behind my ear and rummaging for a lighter. "I'm not gonna lie, you're stressing me out." I start sparking as he sits down next to me.

He holds his chin in his hand, watching me inhale and exhale. "I know you feel it too."

I choke, coughing out smoke, "Feel what?"

He grabs my hand and starts tracing his fingers in my palm as they start getting clammy. "It's been so long since I've felt like this. I'm angry at myself because I know the consequences but something's telling me to find out for myself."

Wren, let's think about this before we make any rash decisions. "So you just want to get to know each other, right?"

"Yeah, I'm not talking about going on dates or anything serious," What am I getting myself
into? "At this point I just want you to forgive me and we can move forward from there."

See that's more like it. "Oliver we're cool. I can't promise anything but we can try being friends if that's what you want."

"What do you want?"

I sigh, setting the blunt down on the desk. "I want you to be aware of your decisions and I don't want this whole conversation, this situation, to ruin everything."

Oliver stands, leaning down in front of me before softly placing his hand under my chin. "This will stay between us." I nod, gulping the lump in my throat while avoiding eye contact. In my mind, it's become clear that we both have secrets. I wonder what exactly he might be. A voice echoes throughout my head louder than my thoughts in a singsong tune. Beware, Wren. Not everything is as sweet as it seems.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 2.8K 34
"Shit, shit! Why did you stab me!?" I exclaim, laying on the floor with my hand grasping my side, not really putting thought into what I'm saying any...
425K 17.3K 44
(BWWM) "You fucking asshole. Just who do you think you are!" I gave him an open handed slap across the face. He glared at me stunned, It was clear...
298K 9.9K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
24.5K 763 62
"It'd be nice to know your name" She said to me I chuckled lightly "Daring you don't want to know my name trust me if you did you'd regret it" I said...