Silas' Infatuation

By sour_patchkidz

When Silas Quinn notices dark-skinned Celeste Greene at a hospital, his whole world changes. He may think it... More

chapter.zero
chapter.two
chapter.three
chapter.four
chapter.five
chapter.six
chapter.seven
chapter.eight
chapter.nine
bonus chapter !!
chapter.ten
chapter.eleven
chapter.twleve
chapter.thirteen
chapter.fourteen
chapter.fifteen
chapter.sixteen
chapter.seventeen
a/n - Silas will be returning !
chapter.eighteen
chapter.nineteen
chapter.twenty
chapter.twenty one (final chapter)

chapter.one

6.4K 346 161
By sour_patchkidz

infatuation:
an intense but short lived passion or admiration for someone or something.

~~~

I always hated hospitals. The nasty hand sanitizer smell made me feel even more sick. The ugly nightgowns the patients had to wear made me feel uncomfortable. And don't get me started on the doctors. They think they're all high and mighty, calling themselves "care takers", when they really act like murderers.

If my boss didn't make me come here for some stupid cut, I would still be at work making money.

I work as a mechanic. Fixing, repairing, and even constructing cars and motorcycles is what I loved doing. My boss is also technically my best friend, Julius. He took the business from his father and made it his own. We both worked there as high schoolers for some extra cash and ended up loving it. His auto repair shop grew extremely successful and we're able to make very good money from it. So not only do I love my job, I also basically make 6 figures. Surprising right?

The beige and white colored room was spacious, organized, and clean. There was a TV in front of me on the wall with the news being broadcasted. I was laying in the uncomfortable rectangle bed with the thin nightgown over my chest. The white and blue sheets spread over my body lazily on the lower half of my body.

Staying in a room like this made my stomach hurt as all the memories started flooding back in from my childhood. The constant visits, needles, and low pitched beeping sound from my past always made a pit grow in my stomach. Being in a room like this can be scary for a younger boy. All alone, watching unfamiliar faces stab you with huge needles and watch as whatever was inside you be sucked into a plastic bag. It made me cringe. Thank God I got better.

A knock on the door from the outside echoed through the room, and my thoughts were cut off. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Great, the doctor is here.

"Can I come in?" The female voice on the other side was soft and light, unlike the other doctors I've dealt with before. She sounded mature, and even though it was light you could hear the authority. Her voice made butterflies wake up in my stomach, and I needed to take a deep breath to calm them down. It was just a voice so why was my body acting like this? "Uh- yeah," I answered hesitantly.

I found myself getting excited to see who was at the other side of the door, and hoped I wouldn't be disappointed when her voice already made me feel tingly.

The heavy door was opened slowly to reveal the doctor who was going to take care of me.

Well, hello there.

I found myself staring in awe at her dark golden brown skin and long jet black hair. Her chocolate brown eyes stared back at me and her full lips stretched into a smile. Even in those unfashionable scrubs, her figure was still evident as she walked towards me.

I felt entranced. Like she hypnotized me. She was doing something to me. And honestly, I don't mind. She is making me want her. Need her.

"How are you? My name is Doctor Greene and I will be looking after you today." Her voice was even clearer next to me and it sounded even nicer than before. I could listen to it all day. I want to hear her scream under me. "This is also Nurse Ava. She will be here to help with the procedure."

I didn't even notice the pale petite nurse that was standing next to the doctor. She looked me up and down, even though I was laying in the bed.

When I didn't answer, the beautiful doctor grabbed a clipboard from the side table and flipped through some of the pages. My eyes stayed on her.

"So your name is Silas Quinn, you're 27 years old," Doctor Greene began to read from the clipboard. I used this time to look at her lips. Even against her dark skin they were a light shade of pink. "How did you injure yourself?" Her eyes landed back on mine as she waited for an answer.

Clearing my throat I replied, "I don't think it's anything too serious. I just cut myself with one of the tools I was using for a car I was working on. Some of the car oil got into the cut I think."

"Oh, so you're a mechanic?" The nurse asked curiously. I nodded my head without my eyes leaving the doctor.

Doctor Greene pushed her dark hair behind her ear and grabbed my hand to view the cut. It was still a little red and was opened just a bit. It wasn't bleeding, but if pressure was applied you'd find some red liquid gushing out. I pursed my lips trying not to make a sound as her fingertips moved against my palm on the cut. Her soft hands were warm against my rough ones. My heart started beating faster.

"This cut is about 3 or 4 inches long, and you'll definitely need stitches," she said, releasing my hand. I already missed her touch. "It will need to be disinfected and treated immediately because there does seem to be some bacteria already inside the cut. It is also pretty deep and if not taken care of, you'll find yourself with an infection. I doubt you'd want gas gangrene, also known as myonecrosis."

"I'll go get the surgical suture equipment," Nurse 'whatever her name is' said. Doctor walked to the table to get some gloves, and I continued to stare at her gorgeous features. But then I actually started to get worried about my mental health.

"Wait, what is gas gangrene?" I asked a little worried.

"It's an infection that produces kinda like gas bubbles in wounds or cuts. It is from deadly bacteria, but it's not very common. You're not at risk getting it. I was just playing with you," Doctor Greene smiled as she said the last sentence.

Thank you, Julius, for forcing me to come to this hospital. Because of you, I get to watch this goddess stitch me up. I just want her to touch me again.

To touch me everywhere.

The nurse comes back ready to give Doctor Greene the thread already in the needle. The doctor comes close to me and stands by the edge of the bed. I have to hold back the urge not to grab her hips and pull her onto me.

"This may hurt a bit," the doctor said as she wiped rubbing alcohol on my skin.

"That's okay," I smirked. "I have a high pain tolerance." This comment made her chuckle. Her laugh was vibrant and brought life to the dull room.

I was so busy staring at her that I didn't realize the needle was already in my flesh until I felt the thread be pulled through. I gasped from the surprise and small pain. "Oh? What happened to your high pain tolerance?" she asked amusingly.

I chuckled deeply and answered, "I just need a distraction." She smiled and suggested, "Tell me about yourself then." I smirked and thought of a better idea.

"What about you tell me about yourself?"

Her smile never fades as she looks down to stab me with the needle again. "My name is Celeste Greene. I am 23 years old. I am of African descent. And I went to Stanford University. Also as you can see, I am a doctor."

Celeste Greene. I love the way her name sounds. Silas and Celeste. But her name sounds better next to mine.

"It's impressive that you are a doctor at such a young age," I compliment her. She was so close that I could smell her delicious scent. It was like coconut, with a bit of lavender.

"Thank you. I skipped two and a half grades in elementary school and graduated when I just turned 16." Before I could answer, Celeste called the nurse.

"Nurse Ava, pass the scissors please." The nurse was quick to meet the doctor's request. I felt the thread being cut and a thin knot on my skin. "All done."

She moved away to dispose of a few extra things, and I found myself feeling suffocated with the lack of her scent next to me.

"It should be healed in 4 - 5 days, so after you don't feel much of the pain, you can come back to the hospital and either me, or a different nurse will help you take the stitches out," the nurse explained as she started to clean a few things up around me. I looked down to my palm and revealed my neat and detailed stitched up left palm.

"You won't be the one to do it?" I asked Celeste as I sat up straight on the wood-like bed.

"Nope," she replied, facing the other side. "One of the nurses would be the one." I felt a stab in my chest from her response. It was like she didn't even care.

Celeste turned back around with two butterfly bandages in her hand. "I'm just going to put this on your palm where the cut was, just so that it'll be more protected."

I held out my hand to her and bit my bottom lip. One of her soft hands held mine in place while the other cleaned the wound with more rubbing alcohol. Then she placed the bandages across the wound.

Next time I should cut my chest, or my face. Just so that I can feel her skin there.

"What if something happens before the day I need to take the thread out?" I ask. I need to find a way to contact her. She walks away from me again to discard some trash and I find myself hungry for her scent.

"Just call the hospital and they'll forward you to a doctor," the nurse interrupted. I looked at her annoyed and she gave me a smile. She obviously knew who I was talking to.

I try again and ask Celeste, "Do you think I could just get your number down in case of an emergency?" She walked towards the sink with her hips swaying back and forth.

"My number?" She looked at me with a confused look and I nodded my head hesitantly. She turned the faucet on and washed her hands. And of course, I didn't stop looking at her. After she dried them off and got ready to leave, she dug into her pocket inside her white jacket and pulled out a business card. "I can be very busy so it can only be for emergencies." I nodded knowing damn well I was going to call tonight.

Celeste gave me a breathtaking smile, and opened the door to leave with the nurse behind her. I watched her body slip away, as I became the only one in the room.

~~~

How'd you like the first chapter?

Tell me how you feel about it in your comments. While you're doing that, do me a favor and hit the star on the screen. Lastly, share! Okay, that's it loll.

See you in the next one.. hopefully :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Devils Desire By 66bale

Mystery / Thriller

425K 10K 46
Madison is a twenty one year old girl who has had a lot of issues to deal with in her life,from her parents death to her boyfriend cheating, she's fe...
630K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
1.5M 49.4K 37
BOOK TWO OF THE BLACK SERIES *CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "I mean, let's face it, Hayden," Casey said with a humourless laugh, looking away f...
195K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...