silent love { Dutch Van Der L...

By wildwest56

ever since your family was killed by a gang of outlaws, you've lived your life on the run. you had to learn t... More

1. snowstorms
2. fitting in
3. you ever been in love?
4. shopping trip
5. anastasia
6. nightmares
7. party
8. would they be proud?
9. arguments
10. nothing to crazy
11. moving, again
13. talks
14. moonshine
15. daytime drinking
16. love
17. no rules in war
18. rip van winkle
19. birthdays
20. best birthday ever
21. angelo bronte
22. dress shopping
23. party
24. mrs. callahan
25. told you so
26. lovebirds
27. secrets out
28. your not going
29. he would be proud
30. lost
31. worried
32. they need to pay
33. getting you out
34. downfall
35. just a social call
36. relfecting
37. conversations
38. we got him
39. doubt
40. what now
41. traitors
42. be good, be safe
43. goodbye
44. I know a place
45. silent love
the end!

12. fishing trip

3.7K 104 91
By wildwest56

~~~~♛~~~~

It's been a few days since you arrived at the new camp. Everyone seemed to be calm, and getting back into the swing of things. You sat under a tree on the outskirts of camp reading a book when Hosea came over to greet you.

"Me, Arthur, and Dutch are going out on a fishing trip. Dutch told me how good you handled Cornwall, I thought maybe you'd like to join us as a job well done?" Hosea asked you.

You closed your book and smiled at him. "Id love to." You replied. You made your way over to your horse and mounted up.

"What a good looking group of people, let's go fishing." Dutch smiled.

"Let me show you how it's done." Hosea joked.

"Why don't we just fish here? There's a whole lake of them." Arthur chimed in as you rode out of camp.

"Cmon Arthur, don't be such a downer." You giggled. He looked back at you and shot you a playful glare.

"You guys did good finding that spot." Dutch said to you and Arthur.

"If it wasnt for y/n, we probably wouldn't have. Did you know she spoke German?" Arthur said.

Dutch looked back at you. "Hmm, no I didn't."

"You boys don't know anything about me." You joked.

"Oh I'm sure one day we will." Dutch said turning back around.

Hosea continued to lead you to his fishing spot, when you got stopped by a train. As you were approaching, Dutch noticed law sitting. As you stopped your horse, one of the men in the back of the laws wagon greeted the boys. "Hello gentlemen."

"Look What the cat drug in." Dutch laughed. You raised an eyebrow and the man you didn't recognize.

"I seem to have gotten me in a spot of bother." The man said.

"Let's see if we can sort this out." Dutch said riding up to the men driving the wagon.

"How are you boys? This is quite some country you have here." Dutch started. "Hoagy Macintosh, at your service."

You struggled to hold in your laughed, while Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Now tell me sir, what did the silly fancy flop back there do?" Dutch asked.

"He was accused of running a gold mining investment scam." The man who introduced himself as Leigh Gray said.

"I'm sure he wasn't. He is a magician, I know him. He's a fool, but he's not a bad feller." Dutch said.

As Dutch talked, the three other men in the back of the wagon escaped. "Shit! The Anderson boys!"

"Allow us to help my friend. Arthur, y/n, take Archibald with you." Dutch said. Arthur helped Archibald onto his horse and you both took off.

"What's your name sir?" Archibald asked Arthur.

"Arthur. Arthur Callahan." Arthur responded.

"And you miss?" He asked turning around to face you.

You thought quickly before responding. "Y/n Macintosh"

"Oh, are you married to Mr. Macintosh back there?" He asked. You scratched you neck, "yes sir." You responded.

"Okay well Mr. Callahan and Mrs. Macintosh, we need to get these boys alive, so keep your weapons holstered." Archibald explained.

The train slowed down, allowing you and Arthur to get on. In the end, you only managed to get one of the men, but Archibald explained that the others would quickly be picked up.

On your ride back to town, Archibald explained a feud happening between the Grays, and another family, the Braithwaits.

You arrived at the sheriffs office and Arthur removed the man from the back of your horse. Hosea was sitting outside, and Dutch and Sheriff Gray made their way out of the building.

"I told you Arthur and y/n would deliver." Dutch said. "So about my friend here." He said pointing to the man you still didn't know.

"Your idiot friend here is free to go, but no more trouble from you partner." Sheriff Gray said.

"I promise you, this was all just a big misunderstanding." The man explained.

"Thank you for the help Mr. Callahan, Mrs. Macintosh." Archibald said before walking away. Dutch looked at you and raised and eyebrow.

"I can't thank you enough gentlemen." The other man spoke up. He turned to look at you. "And who is this?"

"I'm f/n l/n." You introduced yourself, shaking his hand.

"Josiah Trelawny." He said kissing your hand. "Well, I will see you boys around. It was lovely meeting you." He said before walking off.

"Quite a fishing trip." Arthur said sarcastically.

"There's still time. I'm up for it." Dutch said.

"How about you two?" Hosea asked turning to look at you and Arthur.

"Id love to." You said with a smile.

"Sure why not." Arthur responded.

You walked over to your horses, Dutch dropping back to walk next to you. "So, I'm married now?" He asked.

"Don't you remember? The wedding was lovely, happiest day of my life." You spun around smiling.

He laughed. "Well, Mrs. Macintosh is the prettiest girl I've ever laid my eyes on, I hope we have some photos from the wedding."

You chuckled. "Cmon, let's go fishing."

You all mounted up and started to follow Hosea to his fishing spot. The ride was long, but the boys were telling you stories about back in the day, so the ride was nice.

When you arrived at the spot, Hosea spotted a boat sitting on the shore line. "I don't think anyone would mind if we took this." He said walking towards it.

The boys pushed the boat into the water and got in. The boys sat down and you looked at them wondering where you would sit.

"Sit next to me y/n, it will be a bit of a squeeze but we can make it work." Arthur said patting the spot next to him. He held out his hand and helped you in. He was right, it was a squeeze, but you didn't mind. Dutch on the other hand watched you like a hawk. You rolled your eyes at him, he had no room to talk when he hadn't talked to Molly yet.

You and Arthur rowed the boat out into the middle of the lake. Once stopped, you all stood up and began to fish.

"So Miss l/n, tell us about how you know German." Dutch said.

You focused on the fishing rod while you told the story. "Well, my dad came here from Germany when he was a boy. He met my mother not long after and they were together since. He taught my mom German, so when I was born it became a language we spoke a lot in the house."

"It really helped us with that family the other day. I'm not sure we would have found the man without you." Arthur said to you.

"Your smart, you would have figured it out." You smiled at him.

The four of you shared more stories as you fished. You smiled at the fact that the men treated you like family, and not an outsider. The trip ended when the sun started to set. In total, the four of you caught a lot of fish, enough to keep the camp fed for a while. You and Arthur began rowing back to camp, when Dutch asked Hosea to sing a song.

"Okay, I've got one for you." Hosea said. He started to sing a song you didn't recognize. You moved around so much when you were on your own,  you never had time to sit down and have fun learning songs with others. Dutch and Arthur started singing along.

"You don't know this one?" Arthur turned to you and asked. You shook your head. "We'll teach it to you." He said before singing again. You giggled at how happy the song made the boys. Your eyes watched Dutch, as he swayed back and forth to the song. His eyes were closed, but he had a big smile on his face. He was tapping his foot to the beat of the song. His eyes opened to catch you staring at him. You looked away quickly, but when your eyes returned to him, he was still staring. He sent you a wink, no one else noticing.

The group continued singing songs until you arrived back at camp. You pulled the boat up on the shore and you all got out.

"I think we are going to be okay." Dutch started. I always know, whenever I got you three by my side, yes even you y/n, everything's gonna be okay." You smiled at him.

"Dutch!" You heard Molly's voice yell from inside the camp. He turned to look up at her. "Well, I'll see you lot later." He said before walking off. You jaw clenched at his departure. Hosea left to take the fish to Pearson. Arthur put his arm around you and you both made you way into camp.

"Well it looks like Dutch has really taken a liking to you." Arthur said to you. Throughout the last month or two you've been with the gang, you and Arthur have built a very good friendship. You looked up to him like a brother. You knew he would always be there for you and help you through your problems. You thought to yourself for a moment. You really needed to talk to someone about the Dutch situation, and Arthur was the only one you could fully trust at that moment. You didn't know how Arthur would react, but you couldn't keep your feelings to yourself anymore.

"Hey Arthur, can I talk to you?" You asked shyly.

He looked at you concerned. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Let's go for a walk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 140 14
RDR2 oneshots, as the title says. Most are with Arthur but I'm doing my best to write for the other gang members too. I'm a little late to the band...
19.7K 638 32
"We do more than hunting... We're hunted" "If we have to fight, we fight. If we have to run, we'll run If we must die, we'll die, But... We'll stay f...
47.1K 2.1K 20
➵ ❝Y'know... I ain't a good man.❞ ❝You're good to me, and that's enough.❞ ➵ Arthur Morgan had heard many tales about grand treasures hidden all over...
213K 6.4K 25
(Arthur Morgan X Female Reader) 'Love in a hurricane, Playing a Dangerous game...' You are a newly adopted rescue into the Van der Linde gang after...