Dib's Experiment -Zadr-

By Invader_Zim_Writer

Dib decides to try a new way of exposing Zim. Dib states that it's for the sake of Earth. How Will this play... More

Dib's idea
Progress?
Change from a fight
Savior
Truce and Chill
A/N
Library of Wonders
Daggers and Death
Happy A.N
A Hangout
Christmas
Confessions or Confinement

Art Competition

3.1K 103 221
By Invader_Zim_Writer

Friday came and School was back in session.

Dib woke up feeling refreshed. He has told Zim about how he would keep what happened under wraps, but that basically put fault on him as well for not speaking up.

He got dressed and walked down stairs to meet Gaz on the couch watching TV. Dib made some toast, spread jelly on it, and sat down next to her to eat it.

They chatted a bit as Dib finished his toast and put on his backpack, heading out.

It had snowed during the days of no school, it was a cold beauty as the fresh morning snow from last night lay untouched and smooth. A soft wind blew threw the cold air, having small snowflakes dance around the sidewalk. He came up to Zim's house and saw come out soon after.

Dib didn't know what it was but something was different. Zim was acting his usual self, he was wearing the same pink beanie and scarf. But something looked different about Zim, but Dib couldn't put his finger on it.

Zim walked up to Dib and they began their trail to school. The cild wind blew against their faces making Dib breath into his hands, rub them together, and stick them back into his pockets. But Zim looked unfazed. He wore the same outfut he wears during the summer.

"How can you wear the same outfit throughout the while year?" Dib asked gazing at Zim. "It's my uniform, I have to." He stated. "Don't you get cold, or overheated in it?" Dib asked as they crossed the street.

"Din can withstand intense tempatures, I could be naked and still wouldn't be affected in the slightest by this weather. I wear these extra layers since that's what all the other humans do during this weather." Zim informed.

"That's pretty cool." Dib said brushing away any weird thoughts.

Zim gave a prideful smile and placed his left hand on his chest having only his finger tips touching him, "What's even better is that it seems other Irkens do not have as strong of resistance as Zim." He brought his hand down and crosses his arms, "Another reason why Zim should be considered a superior." He said it in an upset tone.

"Isn't being an Invader a super big deal." Dib said blowing into his hands again. "It is! Only a handful out of the entire Irken race is chosen for invasion." Zim sounded offended even though Dib couldn't possibly have known that.

"Zim has even grown." Zim added as they approached the school.

Once they reached the building, they were met with a tense aura radiating from the property.

Students barely spoke over a normal room voice if they talked at all. Teachers were in the halls regulating what went down and the atmosphere was all togther unsettling.

The halls were hushed and quiet, even before school. Some kids weren't even there.
_______________________________________

The while day went off quietly, they even made kids eat in their next classroom during lunch for the day to regulate students.

Eventuality during the school day, Zim and Dib were called to the office They were both asked questions aince the day of the murder there was conflict between the three. The principal was the nost sceptical of Zim, he was known for fights.

Dib had defended Zim stating, which was true, that he was with Zim when the bell rang for the end of the day. The principal had speaked with Ms. Swanson as well as Gaz and they said the same thing.

Zim and Dib didn't leave one anothers side.

Dib knew that the principal would trust hus word. Dib was a good student, and his Dad helps pay for the school to stay open. So the principal wouldn't dare expel him.

The two got off scott-free and parted was as thet went back to their classes.

_______________________________________

The last class of the day came up and when Dib came into the classroom the mood seemed to be a bit brighter as kids conversated. Soon after, Zim came into the room and went over to Dib.

"Hey Zim." Dib said as Zim took his seat. "Are you ready for the competition?" Zim set his bag on the floor next to his desk. "Of course."

"What did you draw?" Dib asked. "You'll have to wait and see." Zim said as Ms. Swanson came into the classroom.

"Okay class, as you may already know today is the holiday art competition!" She said, the class cheered and clapped.

"But before we start I want us to take about 5 minutes to write down your names and what the drawing means on a slip of paper. If you do not have the project finished come up to my desk and inform me about it."

The class started mocing around getting paper out if notebooks and began writing. Three of the students went up to her back desk.

A few minutes later she announced, "Is everyone done with their discriptions?" The class erupted with yeses, mhms, and yups but was quick to quiet down as Ms. Swanson walked to the front of the class holding a light-blue, cloth bag with a neat yellow bow tying it together.

She set the parcel on a table in the front and said, "Go ahead and set up your drawings."

There were tables set infront of the class with little stands to hold up the students art to be judged, kids went up to them and placed their papers in front to indicate who who's paper is.

Everyone made their way back to their seats and as Ms. Swanson was passing out the sticky-notes she said, "Now remember, I want you to choose the best art piece, I want this to be an unbiased event."The class nodded im response.

"Now, with farther ado. . . go make your candidate! And you can't choose yourself."

Kids then stood up and walked around the class room looking at the pictures. 

Slowly but surly the teacher collected the sticky-notes and kids began to take their seats. "Are everyone's ballots in?" The teacher asked as the remaining kids sat down. No kids responded, meaning yes.

She began to write peoples names on the bored indicating that they got at least 1 vote.

"Hey Zim, your name's up there. Congrats!" Dib whispered as he moved his chair over to Zim. Students were sitting in groups awaiting the winner so Dib assumed that it was fine. Murmur was heard throughout the classroom asked who voted for who.

"I voted on Sarah, what about you Dib-human?" Zim said as he propped up his head on his hand. "You." Dib replied as he got comfortable in his seat.

"The teacher said to not be biased." Zim said now crossing his arms. "I wasn't, I think your drawing topped everyone else's."

"Its time to tally!" The teacher anounced as she finished writing the names. The class silenced as they watched her tally names one after the other.

Zim's eyes widened as he saw that he was tied with a girl who would always win, Mia. The class was just as surprised as Zim when they saw that, first, someone had the chance to beat Mia, and second, that person was Zim.

The teacher smiled as she saw the last sticky-note, "It seems that the last sticky-note will break the tie." The class cheered and wooped in anticipation. Zim tensed up as the teacher stood between the twos name's and made eye contact with both of them.

She rose the whiteboard marker and truned to face the board. She waited a second before putting the mark under Zim's name.

"Zim is the winner!" She announced turning back around. "No! Zim cheated somehow!" Mia yelled angrily and stood up pointing at Zim. "Save your woes of streak loss, human! It is the era of Zim!" Zim said raising his fist up victory.

"Yeah Mia, you can't brag about beinf the camp anymore!" A student said followed by other students cheering. Mia crossed her arms and sat back down with a humpf in defeat.

Students then came up to get their art peices back. As for Zim he not only got his art back but the light blue parcel prize.
_______________________________________

Zim's drawing was of a child around 7-9 holding a toy with a red, silky bow tied around it's torso. The kid was wearing a cyan colored, oversized shirt that basically covered his entire body except his feet, which had little white socks with red tips covering the toes and the ball of the foot. He had short, brown hair that was messy as if  he had just woken up along with emerald green eyes. He had innocence and pure joy on his face, his eyes shown from the reflection of the lit fireplace next to him. He was sitting in a dark room that resembled a living room with the only light source being the fire near him. The room had no other people in it besides the child and the atmosphere outside the light was cold and unwelcoming. The area around the fireplace having a warm glow of yellows, reds, oranges, and the colors of the items in the light. While the other parts of the room were shades of dark purples, blues, and the colors of the items in the dark.

The paper he had to go along said

Name - Zim

Adjectives - Sad, Roomy, Happy

Description - The light area in the picture is the happy part because of the warm fire and the joy from the child receiving the toy for the winter holiday. Roomy and sad I mixed together in the darker areas. The room is big for presumably a large gathering for the holiday but nobody was there along with the child being alone on a holiday ment to be surrounded by others. But it is still happy because dicpite the child being alone, the joy of receiving the present and the naivety of the human keep the child enthralled and not noticing the area around them.
_______________________________________

Zim and Dib were walking home together once more, Zim bragged about how he was more superior than Mia and about how he won.

"And thats how I single-handedly invented an energy-absorbing goo glob of destruction." Zim said as they came up to his property.

"Hey Zim, congrats on winning by the way." Dib saud as they walked to the door. Over the past few days the guard gnomes haven't attacked Dib. Je was about to turn around but Zim stopped him by saying, "Also uh-" Din turned to face Zim.

"Your drawing. . . it wasn't as good as mine, obviously, but it was. . . more skillful than most." Zim said before closing the door.

Dib smiled as he walked home, blowing into his hands and sticking them in his pockets. 'I've never seen him complement something other than himself or his leaders before.'

A slight blush spread across his face, he didn't know why Zim's compliment made him so smiley and warm. He had done a bit of research about these new feelings and it led him to the idea of love. Dib had had these types of feelings before he started this experiment but not this intsense.

'I not getting attached to Zim. It's fake. This entire relationship between us is fake. This is just to earn his trust and then capture him. Nothing more, nothing less. He's getting pretty comfortable around me, I should start taking my plan into action soon.'Dib thought tryinf to push out the warm feeling.

'I won't fall in love with Zim. He's an alien, it's wrong, I need to stay professional.' Dib internally scolded himself as he entered his house and plopped on the couch.

"What's up?" Gaz asked noticing the stressed expresion on her brothers face and sat next to him with a soda. "Nothing's up." Dib said swinging his head back to lean off the back off the couch slightly.

"You look terrible, clearly something's on your mind." She said handing Dib a pop can.

Dib took the can and opened it. 'Should I tell Gaz about my dilemma?' He thought as he too a sip. He decided against it and made an excuse, "Today was just really stressful, from the recent incident and whatnot."

Gas nodded, "Reasonable." "I don't have homework, do you wanna play a videogame or something?" Dib suggested.

"Sure, I've got nothing better to do." Gaz replied getting up to turn on the T.V and tossed Dib a controller.

Dib hoped that hanging out with Gaz would help get Zim out of his head, but it didn't work. Throughout the game he kept seeing Zim's smilr, his playful teasing when they would hang out, and the compliment he had recently received.
_______________________________________

Later that night. . .

'Nothing's working Zim won't get out of my head! I'll just have to be cautious about what I let happen between us so he won't prevoke this stupid crush any further.' He said truning over to face the wall and slept. It was painfully slow but it happened eventually.
_______________________________________

2247 words. Sorry this took so long to get out! I didn't have a a lot of motivation for this chapter for some reason. I'll try and get the next put sooner.

And happy April 4th
                    4/20/2020

Stay Weird Beautiful People! ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Truth By lil

Fanfiction

22K 855 26
Zim gets betrayed by his own kind, but now he has a new plan to conquer, love-is how the story is supposed to go, but what's the fun in that? i hope...
15.2K 458 23
Zim had finally done it. Capturing Dib and taking over the Earth was no easy feat, but he had done it despite the Tallest's, Gaz's, and basically any...
8.7K 412 11
Dib x Zim fic | After seeing that he'll spend Valentine's Day alone again this year, Gaz suggests that Dib gives Zim a Valentine's Day gift as an at...
41.3K 995 32
Ben gets a girl pregnant!!!! So out of rage, Jeff dates Jess. Things will happen!!!!