Please Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"Look at me" He demanded. I flinched at the tone he used but lifted my head to look at him. I stared at the w... More

Ghost
Rose
Psychotic
Lying
Auction
Partner
Warm
Resist
Gorgeous
Be Careful
Beautiful
Trust Me
Sorrow
Passionate
Shy
Tomorrow
Goodbye Kiss
Missing
Father
Fall Apart
I'm Sorry
Dull
Without You
Falling For You
Home
Romantic
Lust
Jealous
Parents
I Love You
Ring
Marry Me
Future
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter
spin off

My Angel

58K 2K 586
By IceBlueCold

Nate

"Leo send backup" Ares said on his phone.

"I can handle this" I said.

"I'm not letting you. There are four men out there. It's either we both go or we wait" He said.

"Okay" I said "You got it boss"

"That's what I thought" He smirked and turned around to check if we were alone.

I took the opportunity and ran towards the men.

"Nate!" He yelled. I turned around and threw him a glare.

I halted when they all pointed their guns at me and put my hands up dropping my gun.

"Okay that was a stupid decision" I commented.

"Damn right it was" The 'leader' of the squad said. "It's either you or your boss now boy. Give us his location and you'll be free"

"You will set me free right? Look I have a family, I have a wife and kids. I value my life, I need to be sure you will let me go" I lied.

"I give you my word" The guy said.

Aw now I feel kind of bad. Actually no.

"Okay" I said and then pointed to where Ares was. "He's right there behind the wall" I said.

The guy gave me a dirty look and ordered two of the man to watch me.

Oh man, two?! Seriously?!

They both had their guns pointed at me as the other two were walking towards the wall Ares was hiding behind.

I had to move quick.

I quickly grabbed both the guns pointed at my head while kneeling down so they wouldn't get me.

The men walking towards Ares heard it and I only got to kill one before the 'leader' shot my shoulder and grazed my leg, but before he could do any damage, I killed him as well.

The guys behind me had taken out their knives as if they stood a chance. They only got a few scratches in before they were on the ground. One dead and one barely alive.

Damn, I'm good.

I fell to the floor clutching my shoulder as Ares ran towards me giving me a death glare.

"I told you not to go out here!" He yelled at me, "I would punch you so hard if you weren't already injured" He mumbled shaking his head.

"I'm fine" I groaned.

"Fuck, I agree to let you work again only for you to go out there like you don't care if you get yourself killed"

"Your life means much more than mine-"

"Shut up!" He yelled. "You ever thought about what I would do if you were gone because of me? What Leo would do?" He asked, "What Rose would do?"

The last one got me the most. Ares and Leo didn't need me they loved me and I loved them, but they didn't need me. Rosy did for the time being. She was a strong woman, but she couldn't beat Cole alone.

I shouldn't act so careless now that she's under my protection.

"Okay, you're right" I admitted. "I'm sorry"

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I called the doctor, he'll be at your apartment in a few minutes. Let's go" He said helping me up.

"Hey, hold up. My apartment?" I questioned.

"It's the closest place-"

"No! She can't see me like this" I said.

"Nate-"

"Ares please, she can't see me like this. I'm fine, some waiting won't hurt me" I pleaded.

"You're losing a lot of blood. I'm taking us to your apartment-"

"Ares!"

"-and that's final!" He said firmly.

He took out his phone and waited for someone to pick up, "Hey Vincent, you need to come clean this up. There is one guy barely alive. Keep him alive and you know the rest" He said and hung up.

Ares helped me into the car after he saw Vincent with some other men coming to the spot and started driving to my apartment. I was really nervous about her reaction. It was already enough that I had left her alone today, now I would come back home all bloody.

I don't think I can ever leave her again after this.

The doctor, Rob, was already waiting for us out the door. When he said he's knocked but no one answered I was terrified about her reaction.

She would probably think someome was onto us.

"Getting into trouble again, Nate? Why aren't you ever careful?" The doctor commented.

"I keep asking the same thing" Ares said throwing me a dirty look while I was trying to unlock the door.

I quickly opened the door and checked inside to find her pacing around. She stopped and stared at me, her eyes going wide when she saw the blood all over me and the way Ares was keeping me on my feet.

"Nate?!" She called out putting her hands over her mouth.

Ares helped me sit on the couch while I didn't take my eyes off of her.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

Rob got out his stuff and started 'treating me'.

I smiled at her and held out my hand for her to hold, "It's nothing, just some scratches. It doesn't even hurt" I reassured her.

Honestly it hurt like hell but she couldn't know that. You never get used to getting shot.

She walked to the other side of the couch so she wouldn't disturb the doctor and held my hand.

"Are you going to be okay?" She asked.

"Of course silly" I chuckled.

Damn chuckling hurts.

Ares stood by my side with his arms crossed still looking angry, "Is he going to be okay?"

"Yes, the wounds aren't that deep" Rob answered.

I heard Rosy let out a sigh of relief at the same time as Ares.

"Don't ever do something so stupid again" Ares said.

"What did he do this time?" Rob asked.

"Hey doc? Why don't you stay out of my business?" I said.

Rosy couldn't know.

"Your business is literally my business when it comes to you getting hurt" He said.

After about ten minutes he'd finished fixing me up and he stood up.

"You're all good now" He said.

"Thanks doc"

"I'll see you tomorrow" Ares said walking towards the door with Rob, "Goodnight Rose" He said.

"Goodnight" She said with a small voice.

They left leaving me and Rosy alone. She immediately came in front of me, sitting down on the floor so she wouldn't hurt me.

"How are you?" She asked softly, caressing my face with her small hands. They felt so comforting and so soft.

"I'm great. I told you it's nothing" I said.

"Please be more careful" She whispered.

"Don't worry Rosy. I won't let anything happen to me as long as you're under my protection" I promised.

"No, that doesn't matter. I want you to be okay, not because you're protecting me, b-but because I-I care about you" She said looking down with her face all red.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That little angel cared about me. How could she?

"Rosy, lean close I need to tell you a secret" I said.

She leaned closer to my face, but not quite close enough.

"Closer" I told her.

She leaned closer, keeping her gaze away from me which I definitely didn't like.

"Okay now look at me" I said, but she didn't, "Look at me Rosy"

This time she did.

I leaned in a little and kissed her cheek causing her to gasp softly, "I care about you too" I whispered. "You know that right?"

"Yeah" She mumbled nodding.

I made room for her to lie down next to me and patted the spot, "Want to lie down next to me?" I said.

"I don't want to hurt you"

"You won't" I smiled at her.

She nodded and carefully lied down.

I put my arm around her without touching her too much, I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Nate, you promise you'll be careful?" She asked.

"Of course, don't worry about a thing"

"You always tell me not to worry and that you'll take care of everything. I want to be there for you" she said.

"You don't have to-"

"I want to" She said firmly leaving me shocked. "I don't want to just stand here waiting for you while you're getting hurt whether that's because of me or not. I need to be sure you're careful and that you're okay" She said.

"I will be. I promise Rosy" I said still in shock. I couldn't imagine someone like her caring even a little about me. "You're an angel, you know that?" I blurted out.

"I'm far from that" She scoffed.

"You're my angel Rosy" I told her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 650 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
4.2K 141 36
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
9.5M 455K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...