Is that a fret ? [ Bakudeku p...

By Countdown2paintown

[ cover credit- Miki on Twitter { All midoriya wanted was to a singer/actor, he believed that he was destined... More

Class 1-A performing arts list
chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15- extra
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
UPDATE !! ( you guys are insane )

chapter 3

694 25 9
By Countdown2paintown

{izuku's pov}

I stood there awkwardly; silence has engulfed he room. I knew my voice was really shaky, after not warming up. This wasn't my best performance. I was no longer crying but I felt like I was going to again. I wasted my opportunity to shine. I revealed my true feelings and now it will get made fun of and mocked. I'm such a failure-

My self-abusing words were interrupted by loud roars from the group in front of me. I looked up and found my classmate's, cheering me on. A standing ovation. I stood there shaking, I glanced at everyone individually. Some were moved to tears; some were impressed, and some were utterly shocked in their seat. and then I looked at Kaachan, he was on the edge of his seat, he was staring up at me in disbelief, from where I was standing, it almost looked like his eyes were glistening. My heart felt like it collapsed in itself, I made him look at me, I made him hear me, lets just hope he heard my words. I quickly removed myself from the stage, as the cheering continued, I took my walk to my seat and proceeded to cover my blushing face. my mind went blank as I could faintly hear mr aizawa telling everyone to calm down and for the next act to go up on stage. I flat like I was being watched, most of the class had stopped the cheering, and resorted to a concentrated stare. This was a little too much, it wasn't even that good... NOT TRYIGN TO SOUND NARSASTIC, but I think if I worker harder, my voice could be equally as smooth as Kaachan. Oh right, I was sitting next to Kaachan. Among the class who was slowly stopping the stares, Kaachan didn't. I felt his gaze pierce through my head like a snipper dot. I didn't want to look up at him, otherwise it would make this whole situation feel more awkward that it is already is.

Luckily, the act after me was rather short, a small guy with curly hair was juggling 8 balls at once. I tried to focus my attention to him but all I could think about was kaachan's gawk at me. The rest of the class had finally calmed down and I was left alone with him. I wanted Kaachan to look at me, but this is getting a tiny bit.... Creepy. I decided to get a little glance back to Kaachan, and he instantly looked away with a tch. But in that one second where I saw his face, I saw admiration. I hint of longing and admiration clouded his face before it turned back to its scrunched-up gremlin face. I felt my face get hot. Why was he looking at me like that, did he finally see me as human?

~*

Once all the acts were finished. Aizawa took his spot on the stage as the house lights turned back on. He read his notes with a scolding look as we sat impatiently, no one wanted to be expelled. I believed it would be me though, even though I think I gained the audience approval, I had no technique, my anxiety on stage didn't create any sort of performance that could be seen as visually exciting. Frankly, if I'm not the one being expelled, I would be low on the list.

"how this is going to work is that I will be giving you report cards tomorrow, you will find how many points you got out of 100. Even if you get a high score, it doesn't mean you don't have room to improve, so don't take this as an ego boost or a reason to slack off." He started, as he rubbed his nape. "yes sir" the class responded in unison. His body posture straightened, and he sighed. "as for expulsions...... no one will be expelled... it was a logical ruse to see how you will do under pressure. Now it's lunch, go to the cafeteria you brats." He started and headed towards the door. .... "WHHATT!" the whole class screamed. many furious comments from each individual. But he didn't care, he just left the raging riot without a care in the world. I stayed sat down and breathed a sigh of relief, I was so sure I was a goner that I didn't care if he lied to me, I'm just glad I could stay. With that, I slouched on my seat as I could finally relax as everyone else's attention was focused on how they have been tricked. I took this opportunity to try and calm down my overpowering anxieties. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers through my curly green hair.

I took a hold of my guitar and decided to head out, I didn't want to keep carrying the old instrument so I decided to take it back to the dorms so he would still have time for lunch. However, I couldn't escape that easily, as I reached for the door at the end of the hall, I hear many voices calling out my name. I turned around to find half the class running towards me with a dark ora around them. Before I knew it, I was tackled and crushed by a rather aggressive group hug. "DEKU!! I didn't know you sang!" "that was so amazing!" "your voice is so cute" "I felt like I as listening to an angel" all this comments overloaded me. Everyone was so nice and warm. I wasn't used to it to be honest. Other than my mum, and the recent inclusion for all might in my life, I never really had any positive feedback. My old teachers didn't really see me as anything but the 'quiet kid', I was heavily bullied for being poor, Kaachan... just Kaachan. I knew that all these comments were genuine, but my body rejected it. "thank you, that really kind of you. I can't believe I'm in a class full of so many talented people, almost feels unfair." I tried to say, whilst trying to survive from having my lung exploded by the amount of weight on my stomach. I think they gathered the idea that I was almost dead and decided to get up and stop compressing me. I took a breath and laughed it off so they wouldn't actually think they almost murdered their classmate.

"man what kind of training did you have to have a voice that polished." Mina asked. I heard a bunch of voices agreeing with her question, but my heart sank for a second. "actually, I never had any training, I was hoping I could have that now." I looked down, I simultaneous make sure my guitar isn't broken into a million pieces. I heard gasps and a few common replies. "hey deku, wanna have lunch with us ?? we can talk about it then." Uraraka stated, going way to close to my face again. "no fair I wanted to invite midoribro." The unnatural redhead, also known as kirishima whined. "why don't we all sit together?" I commented and everyone cheered again. I don't know why I am doing, I don't know why people wanted to talk to me, was it only because of my voice, that hurt a little bit. I hope I am more than just a voice.

"save me a seat, I need to put my guitar back." I mutter as we collectively leave the hall. I wave goodbye as I start running the opposite direction. I felt bad for wanting to leave so soon, as I should be grateful for finally having attention, but all together, it felt to much. I was also scared they were only talking to me out of pity. This was all a bit too much for just the first day.

After walking for a few minutes, I realised that I still don't know the school well, and obviously got lost. He just needed to go outside and yet I found himself walking around the halls, wasting precious lunch time. I gathered my head and started heading towards my locker as I realised, I wouldn't have enough time to go to the dorms and back.

~*

The bell rang and I sighed, I had just arrived at the lunch hall which meant I wasn't able to eat. Furthermore, I knew my classmates wouldn't let this go. I really didn't mean to skip lunch. But being the idiot that I am, I was a lot more lost than I thought. I saw them come over to me, with an almost disappointed look. I was expecting to be shouted at, told that they don't want anything to do with him. But instead, kaminari came towards me first and placed his around me and pulled me in close. "you didn't get to eat right? we were going to order a pizza tonight; we will make sure you eat some." He said ruffling my hair. Mina, kirishima, Asui, Uraraka and iida followed behind kaminari giving me a big grin. They didn't even seem angry at me. We have only known each other for a few hours, and we are already acting like we have known each other forever. Everyone was rather touchy-feely, excepting hugs from strangers. It made me feel warm. For once in my life, I might actually be accepted for once.

[flashback to lunch- third person pov]

No-one could explain for their fascination for the young boy, but most of them speculated that it was due to the fact of his already mysterious backstory. They had sat around, connecting two big tables together so that all of them can be together. they sat around, explaining each other's story, exchanging numbers, social media, and corny jokes. A few of their classmates weren't there though. Todoroki, bakugo and of course midoriya were no where to be found. It was a shame considering those three seem to be the most interesting and ( as the class agreed) the most talented.

"he's still not here yet huh?" asui bluntly question, she sat next to Uraraka and Tokoyami, a sandwich between innocent and emo. "he said he will be back." Uraraka said with a nervous smile. Though her interactions with deku were brief, he could tell he was not use to... people. Which only fuelled her curiosity even more. "maybe we shouldn't put so much pressure on him" Yaoyorozu stated. "we have only just met, don't forget. Sure it must be easy for us; it seems we are all acquainted to having to deal with people. But it seems to be unnatural for him. If what he said about not having training like us is true. It would only be best to get to understand who he is before we make any rash decisions." She explained rationally. The class fell a bit quiet, they all came from relatively prestigious families and if not, they all had professional assistance in their talents. It wasn't like they were arrogant, more ignorant. They had wished to have been a little bit more understanding, maybe they scared him off. "how about this..." hagakure exclaimed which jumped everyone a little bit, they forgot she was there, not in a horrible way though. "let's order pizza, invite everyone to eat together and then play a little game. I'm thinking room tours, it might help us get to know each just a little bit more." She happily suggested. The group thought for a minute. It did seem kind of fun, that way we can feel more personal with each other, but isn't that what they were trying to avoid, maybe it would make midoriya uncomfortable. And who knows if bakugo or Todoroki will even join, they both seem like lone wolves.

"well I think it is a good idea, if anyone feels really uncomfortable with showing their rooms we can just move on. Right?" mina exclaimed

"I think it sounds kinda fun" kirishima exclaimed

"I liked the pizza part" Sero laughed.

This was a way for them to get to know each other. No one here were in any competition against each other, and none of them should be. This may be a school but that didn't mean they can't be a little family. Even if they were all different in their own ways, they were now connected for life, simply by being here.

And finally, they saw him, midoriya entered the large lunch hall. They watched his determined face trying to find where they were sitting. Maybe they didn't scare him off like he thought, as the rest of the class' eyes interlocked with midoriya's, they could see those puppy dog eyes beam with fear and yet excitement. But by then.... the bell had already rang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 190 15
'"Deku?" He blinked a few times and took in his surroundings. Right, he thought, Kacchan found me. It wouldn't be a bad thing if you didn't count the...
269K 6.6K 46
⚠️Includes⚠️: Depression, selfharming, boyxboy, suicide attempt, ed (sort of), panic attacks Disclaimer: None of the photos I used belong to me in a...
59K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
27.3K 676 21
Deku gets bullied so much and doesn't have the best life at home... so there's only one outlet he can think of. He doesn't want people to know who he...