Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 32

482 51 2
By MedievalTomboy

The first reunion between Orla and Alder after decades was pretty fruitful for both of them.

Both the wife and husband were immensely satisfied with how the events turned out in their favor; least, one of them were not really in a favorable position which they are unaware of.

Orla had narrated the great tale that she along with Lucius and Madonna spun with extreme care and effort. The tale was spun with a great care, clarification and drama that Alder had fell for it.

"I was not terrified in the beginning with the knowledge that I and you together are able to face any extreme of power and magic. But that altered when I received yet another mysterious missive from the person that he knew of a weakness that you hold and he shall not think twice to use it and take you down. I had no notion why that person holds such hatred towards you but it only later I thought that I was the weakness he was talking about. If I was to be used against you and you against me, the whole of Emor kin shall be extinct in matter of moments." Orla smiled as she recalled the chat she had with Alder.

She was impressed by herself – nah – she was amused by the scene that took place few moments ago. She was smiling widely as she knew that Alder had bought her tale and was acting upon it just like she wanted.

Orla was pleased to see the years of her hard work and planning was finally giving the fruit she was waiting for. She had worked too hard for years to wipe out the existence of Alder brutally from the Earth and she would play her pieces just the manner at right pace to leave no leaf unturned.

"I find myself still in the muddle as to why you shall act on threaten? As you say, we are undoubtedly the strongest together." Orla had expected the query from Alder and she was prepared to it.

It was not just his method of interrogating the truth out of her but also his manner of assuring himself.

"I didn't. Although one night while I was using the dark portion of my magic to see who was threatening me, I suddenly felt vibes of danger lurking around us. I initially overlooked it as it might happen when you awaken the darkest depths of your magic; until I heard a scream from Alys bedchamber. You heard it as well and had reached her chamber the very moment, didn't you. We found our days old daughter in the muddle of her own blood spewing out of her mouth." When Alder nodded to her, she went on with her tale.

"It was not someone else who did that. It was I. I harmed our daughter and you know why, because someone had triggered my magic against me which was no easy feat seeing the amount of strength and control I hold over my being. After few more times my powers were triggered to act against my kin, I had to run away to keep us safe." When Orla was done narrating, Alder was nearly deep into her concoction of web she made for him.

It was she who had harmed Alys to begin with, intentionally. Every incident of harm that had taken place on Emors' years back were all act by Orla with the intention of getting away from Alder so as to slowly end him.

She knew Alder had hidden powers through many sources and she couldn't take him down by living under same roof as him which was the reason for her leave Lucius in Alder's care and run away to find those sources and end his strength first before ending the person completely.

There was no hiding that Alder was indeed a devil incarnate. He was the worst of the devil she could ever know of, not to forget, he had destroyed many of her nearest and dearest drunk in power thirst.

She had put her dear son in the arms of harm willingly and ran as she knew Alder would not harm him as Lucius one person who was better kept alive to support him from behind. Orla knew it.

She had sacrificed too much for her son, for her friends who was bloody murdered by Alder and his men to either get them out of his way or to get their abilities for himself.

She had lost too much to loose anymore and that was exactly why she had finally back to Alder to begin the end.

Lucius on the other side had played his part of not believing me and my tale to show he how he was on Alder's side and took no crap from Orla.

Orla had few good acquaintances who were good with their support to her and she was glad of it. Even after they had lost their dear to the devil of the man, they still took it upon themselves to support Orla and give every ounce of their might in their struggle.

She made it her priority to locate Fina as Lucius and Madonna were already up for taking Alder's army one by one. Orla had informed her associates to try and find Fina while she tries the same from her end also making certain she knew of Alder's next move.

"We have a trouble, Orla." She heard Madonna mumbling as low as she could. Orla raised a brow and looked around to find if there was anyone.

Using a flick of finger, a green fog formed around them, shielding them from prying eyes and ears if any.

"What ever you mean by trouble?" Orla inquired. Looking at the young witch, she could detect the tense air around her although her face looked composed and pretty.

Madonna was having a great struggle due to disappearance of Fina.

"There was a notion that Alder is gathering his dear wizards to validate your tale. They are looking into your past activities." Madonna tensed as anger was spewing out of her.

They had stepped into Emor Castle after many trials and now they have been looked into. Madonna had enough in her plate to go with the new trouble right that moment.

"Do not concern about it, Madonna. I took care of it. They would find just what I narrated." Orla assured her before snapping her fingers again and allowing Lucius inside the shield before the fog covered them again.

"Why are you relaxed regarding Fina, Lucius?" Orla asked looking at her son who asked her to focus on Alder rather than going after to find Fina.

Although Madonna was enraged by Lucius' annotation, she was intrigued by the same question as well. Why Lucius was calm and composed about Fina. If not Madonna's sister, she is a Phoenix so Lucius shall be on his toes to find her after gaining the knowledge of her powerful her blood is.

"I am nearly certain Fina was not abducted. She disappeared on her will which brings to another question." Lucius explained leaving the ladies to word the said question.

"Why would she do so after the knowledge of how dangerous the world outside the forest is?" This time it was Madonna who gritted out not liking what Lucius was about to say.

She knew, she had a notion of what he was implying albeit she was afraid she knew what he was saying.

"She was in the game as well. She was playing her character however no one knew if she was with us or with Alder. My concern here was not on the wellbeing of Fina but to know what she was thinking to do." Lucius sighed rubbing his head trying to ease some of the pain.

From the moment Fina disappeared, Madonna had been constantly tensed which was making him restless giving him untimely headaches.

"Mother, we cannot stand to find Fina unless she plays her first move. Apart from her location, we have to know her purpose of her hiding from us. I suggest you meet the allies of Alder's committee and do what you shall while I shall be attacking his army with few of my men."

Madonna was silent for a few moments hearing both the mother and son talk. She had much pressing issues to take care as Lucius had unsealed her powers after meeting Orla.

"Madonna" Orla called out for her attention as her smile turned out into much serious frown. "I have an idea what you must be thinking." Orla proceeded.

"You are up for performing the nobel Thorne ritual, aren't you?" Madonna nodded her head as she thought back to her mother telling her of the Thorne ritual performed to gather the strength from ancestors at the tight time.

"You can't Madonna dear. The ritual shall disclose the Throne blood in you and Alder shall do anything to make certain you are dead." Orla said in a soft tone patting her head lovingly.

Orla knew of the pain the young witch had gone through but she shall not allow her to disclose herself to Alder.

"It was not just the power hunger that made Alder kill your kin, dear." Orla said in a low voice and sighed loudly as she prepared herself to reveal the complete truth to her finally.

"It was also because he wished to turn them like himself and use them to his will."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think of the chapter? Interesting?

Is Orla's story foolproof?

Do you think Alder trusts her completely?

What did Orla mean when she said Alder wanted to turn Madonna's parents like himself?

What do you think is Alder?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209 70 18
When the darkness engulfs the Earth and the fire of vengeance burns in their hearts, that's when The Blood-Mage Hunters spill the scarlet blood of th...
302K 20.3K 27
In the world of magic there are only two options: learn control, or risk becoming the one thing everyone fears. On the anniversary of her parents' de...
391 48 24
Within the wrestling world of bright lights and fast money, a lost wanderer dwells. He is not human, like those he works with. Even he doesn't know...
8K 842 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...