The Unwanted Marriage (UNDER...

By RafahStafford

Ever since Althea Evans's parents passed away from a horrific accident, her life turned upside down. Thea is... More

TROPES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
27: The truth (Part 2)
28: "You are my Thea"
29: A bouquet of flowers
30: Christmas Day
31: The moment
32: An old friend
33: the Last Day
34: the Promotion
35: The truth of the past
36: Old times
37: Girls talk
38: Upset
39: Arguing
40: Sort things out
41: Made up
42: Family time
43: Baby talk
44: Old bestfriend
45: Surprise
46: Baby names
47: Josh
48: After the kiss
49: School moments
50: Midnight craving
51: Baby's room
52: Pain
53: Numb
54: The Voicemail
55: Nicholas
56: Dinner & Plan
57: The wedding
58: Honeymoon
59: Flashback
60: It's time
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Bonus Chapter (3)
UNDER EDITING

Chapter 21

26.6K 815 79
By RafahStafford

THEA

I had a strange feeling looking at this photo.

I wouldn't deny, a part of me believed that the person in this photo was me, but at the same time it felt like I was looking at a different person.

I had no idea who Olivia Hills was, or why she looked like me. Was she my twin? I doubted that, if she was my twin I would have remembered her or my parents would have told me that I had a twin.

Was 'Olivia Hills' my first name before my parents changed it into Althea? That could be. I needed actual answers, but my parents took the answer with them in their graves.

I grunted as headache started to get into my head. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh.

"Are you alright?" Arthur's gentle voice woke me up from my deep thought. His brows knitted in confusion as he sat on the bed beside me. "You've been staring at your photo for a while."

Even he had thought that the person in this photo was me.

I glanced at the photo once again and showed him. "Do you really think this is me?"

He squinted his eyes to get a better look. "It's you, isn't it?"

"No, that's not me."

He frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Trust me, that's not me." I said tiredly, no one would believe me anyway.

"Come here," he motioned for me. I sighed, abandoning the picture into the box. "You are rambling."

I rested my temple onto his chest. "I'm not rambling, I'm just confused."

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that," he said, holding me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "You're tired after work, let's go to sleep."

Maybe he was right. Maybe I was just overthinking. Maybe that picture was really me, and my parents misplaced the picture in some random file? Yeah, that made sense.

"You are right, I guess I'm just overthinking." taking a sleeping position, I turned on my left so my back was facing him. "Night, Arthur."

Closing my eyes, I didn't hear him saying goodnight to me. I was probably too quiet hence why he didn't hear it.

But I was wrong though, because I felt a soft lips on my right cheek.

"Night, my darling." I heard him said.

Smiling, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

*

The next few days had been nothing but frustrating, and intense. I was working on my new project with Matthew and Lionel, and today was the final day.

"You are all dismissed, thank you for your attendance." Matthew said, ending our daily meeting.

I sighed of relief as I watched Lionel left his chair. He was a nice man for sure, but he could be intimidating sometimes. I watched as Matthew walked with him to the lift, talking about the next schedule. I took this chance to go back to my office room, using the stairs because I didn't want to be in the same lift with Lionel.

I reached my office floor only to meet an empty room, and silence. Of course, it was already 6 in the afternoon, everyone had already left the office. I tidied my desk and brought some work home. Heading to the lift, I pulled out my phone to see 2 missed calls and 3 texts all from Arthur.

Arthur: I'm here. Are you done with work?
Arthur: You were not answering my calls.
Arthur: Been told that you're in a meeting. I'll wait for you in the car, just call me when your meeting is done.

I replied to his text, telling him that the meeting was done and I was on my way to the lobby Just as I pressed sent, the lift opened to reveal Matthew.

"Hey Boss." I greeted as I stepped in the lift.

"Hey. I didn't see you using the lift after the meeting, did you use the stairs?" He asked, leaning against the metal wall.

"Yeah I did," I admitted, feeling stupid that my boss noticed it. "I didn't want to be in the same lift with Mr. Jensen."

That made him chuckled. "Why? He is nice."

"He is but the he has been quite frustrating the past few days."

"Well, he is a man with perfection."

"That, I agree."

We finally reached the ground floor and we walked to the lobby together. He then told me that no more meeting with Lionel and the final meeting would be held the next week.

"Thank God! I need a break from him." I cheered exasperatedly.

"Bet you do, even I overheard you cursed those offensive words before he arrived."

I gasped. "Shit, you heard that? I thought I was quiet enough."

"I thought I heard things until I saw it was actually you," he shook his head. "Who would have thought you can curse that brutal." he laughed.

"Everyone turns into a dragon when they are pissed." joining him laugh, I shook my head in shame that my boss heard me cursing.

Someone cleared their throat as we laughed. Looking at the person, I cursed on my mind when I saw Arthur.

"You're done?" He asked calmly, but the tone of his voice sounded otherwise.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Althea." Matthew said, nodding at me then looking at Arthur. "Mr. Williams."

After he left, Arthur said nothing but turned around, leaving to get into his car. I followed him behind then got into the passenger side. He started the engine and drove away.

It was awfully quiet in the car. I didn't even dare to move my hand to turn the radio on. Glancing at Arthur, his eyes focused on the road but his posture was tensed. He was angry. I know he was. And this silence was killing me.

"You are angry." I stated, breaking the silence.

No response.

"Are you angry because I made you wait for me or because you saw me with my boss?"

No response again.

"You are not answering me, fine. I take it you are really angry with me," I stated, looking at him. He was still not looking at me. "I apologize for making you angry, I'm really sorry, okay?"

"Stop it," he finally said, but still looking at the road. "I'm not angry."

"Then why are you looking like you have a constipation?"

He shook his head. "I'm not- what?!"

I tried to keep the straight face but failed as I looked at his face. "You have this constipated look on your face."

He glared at me. "I do not look constipated!"

I giggled. "Or course you do, you can see yourself in the mirror."

Shaking his head, he turned his focus on the road again, ignoring me.

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, okay? You don't have to worry about Matthew, he is just my boss. Besides, I'm already married to this Williams guy," I said, showing my wedding ring to him. "And I'm pretty happy of it."

He glanced at me but I could see a little smile he tried to hide. Typical Arthur.

When we reached our house, I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Arthur went straight to our room to take a shower, he mentioned about dinner with River and Lily. I hadn't seen them in a while and I admitted I had missed talking to them. We grew closer, Lily and me. She had become a close friend of mine, along with River.

After I got ready, I went downstairs to meet Arthur in kitchen, talking to Jane. When he sensed that I was here, his eyes shifted to mine. And he was checking me out.

"My, my, dear you look stunning." Jane smiled at me.

"Jane, you never compliment me in the morning." I joked.

"That's because you look stressed whenever you leave for work." Arthur chimed in, laughing a little followed by Jane who gave me an innocent smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Very funny. Shall we leave now?"

"We shall, let's go."

We didn't talk much in the car as I was busy humming my favorite song on the radio. When we arrived at the restaurant, Arthur stopped the car at the lobby and gave the key car to the valet. He then took my hand in his hand as we waited for the lift.

"Are they here yet?" I asked as we stepped into the lift.

He pressed the 6th floor button. "Yes, they have been waiting for us."

The lift door closed and went up. Arthur was staring at me beside me, making me wonder if I had something on my face.

"What?" I asked as he didn't stop staring at me.

Instead of replying me, he grabbed my waist and kissed me on the lips. I instantly closed my eyes and kissed him back, enjoying the gentle kiss he was giving me.

He pulled away as the lift stopped. "You look beautiful, darling."

I smiled at him. "Thank you. You look fine as hell too."

He smiled then holding my hand in his hand as we walked out of the lift and went to where River and Lily had been sitting.

"There you-oh," Lily stopped as he looked at Arthur. "Arthur you have a little bit of lipstick on your upper lip." she said, motioning to his lips.

I immediately blushed as I realized that he had my lipstick stain on his lips. Arthur wiped his lip with the back of his hand.

"Looks like you guys enjoyed the fun in the lift," you can guess it was River who broke the awkwardness.

"I kissed my wife, so what?" Arthur scoffed as he took a seat beside me.

"He's just jealous because I haven't kissed him tonight." Lily said this time.

"Are you now on his team, sweetheart? I'm hurt." River put his hand on his chest dramatically.

Shaking her head, Lily opened the book menu and called the waiter. After we ordered, the waiter assured us that our foods would be ready within 20 minutes.

"Anyway, River and I have something to tell you both." Lily said after a while.

Arthur put his phone back on the table. "What is it?"

They looked at each others then to us. "We are pregnant!"

That was enough for waking the inner excitement in me. "Oh my God, congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you both."

"Well done, man." Arthur said to River then did a bro hug.

Giving Lily a quick hug as well, she pulled away with the biggest smile on her face. "Thank you, guys. We only just found out 2 days ago."

"How far are you?"

"6 weeks."

She continued talking about the pregnancy stuff, mostly about her morning sickness that started to kick in. I was listening to her but my mind had gone somewhere. Hearing the news of their pregnancy really made me happy. But sometimes I wonder if I would ever experience a pregnancy.

Glancing at Arthur, I wondered if he ever thought about this. I wondered if he ever wanted to have kids. I would love to have kids, they are amazing and adorable. I wish I had what River and Lily have.

After lots of talk and laugh, Arthur and I bid our goodbye. As usual we didn't talk much in the car, but singing whatever songs that played on the radio.

I went straight to our room when we got home, stripping my cloths off and changed into an oversize t-shirt and a short. I washed my face in the sink, then brushed my teeth when Arthur walked into the bathroom. 

I felt him standing next to me, washing his hand on the other sink beside me. I watched him from the mirror and he too watched me. Breaking the gaze, I spit out the used paste and cleaned my mouth.

"Arthur?"

"Hmm?" He hummed, brushing his teeth.

"Do you think I will be a good mother?" I asked, looking at him in the mirror.

He seemed confused with the question, he shifted his eyes to look at me. "Why do you ask that?"

Honestly, why the hell did I ask him whether I would be a good mother or not?

"I don't know. I guess I'm just worried, I want to be a good mother to my future kid."

"Kid? Why not children?"

"Why? How many children should I have?"

He cleaned his mouth. "I think 3 is a good number. You know.. One will look like me, one will look like you, and the other one will look like us."

I was surprised that he referred the kids as his. He thought about having kids with me. A smile crept on my face.

"Wow, slow down. I don't think I can manage 3 kids, you know."

"Well, you have me. We will work things together," he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "I believe you will be a good mother, Thea."

I smiled. "I hope so."

No words to describe how delighted I felt right now. I knew it was still too soon to be thinking about having children, but I did hope it would happen one day.

I hope someday we would have our mini selves running around the house.

Someday.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.1K 35
*It is not love that is blind, but we that are blind to love* When Cecilia's abusive father gambles her to her childhood enemy, forcing the two to ma...
319K 18.4K 58
Two stubborn people. One secret. An unwanted union. And God who put them together. When Jack and Perli marry, there's no doubt that at least one of t...
9.9K 235 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...
387K 6.6K 47
Mia Hudson, the bullied kid in school, and abused by her parents, that will soon change when she gets kidnapped in the middle of the night.. ~Read to...