โœ” | ๐‡๐€๐•๐„๐, jasper hale

By m00nology

โand she embraced the chaos as it painted her life with purpose.โž [CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN] More

author's note
๐–๐–†๐–›๐–Š๐–“
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
a/n
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–œ๐–”
cast
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–—๐–Š๐–Š
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty-one
fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-eight
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty ; instagram
chapter sixty-one ; instagram
chapter sixty-two ; instagram [โœ”]
chapter sixty-three ; hale's love diary [โœ”]
chapter sixty-four ; groupchat [โœ”]
chapter sixty-five ; the wedding
author's note !
chapter sixty-six ; honeymoon
sixty-seven โฌช ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท
chapter sixty-eight ; surprise
surprise! | mini a/n โ™ก

nine

21.1K 536 167
By m00nology

(a/n outfit on top ♡)

It was a nice day in Forks, surprising Madelline as she assumed that the city has only one weather in a year. She felt the blazing sun dancing against her skin as she bask under it. Her hands were propped up on the table, supporting her weight as she looks up at the sky with her eyes closed.

She opened her eyes and looked around her, noticing the majority of Forks High School were outside, casually hanging out or playing around with their friends. She saw how some were in the same position as her while Tyler was playing with his friends on the field. However, she felt as if something was missing.

"They're not here," Bella spoke up, noticing how her eyebrows furrow while scanning her surroundings. Jessica who was just beside her, hands propped up on the table to support her, gave the two a glance before closing her eyes once again.

"Yeah. Whenever the weather is nice, the Cullens disappear," Jessica told them with her eyes still closed.

"What? Do they just ditch?" Bella asked in curiosity, sharing a look with Madelline.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen take them out for camping and stuff," Jessica answered. "Tried it out on my parents, didn't work."

"How lucky," Madelline mumbles. She pulled out her book from her bag and opened it, casually sipping on her cold iced tea.

"What, no coffee?" Bella asked, surprised that the brunette didn't have her usual drink. Madelline shook her head and refocused to her book, leaving Bella to her thoughts.

After a while, Madelline looked up in time just to see Angela skipping towards them. There was a certain bounce to her footsteps that made her assume something went great for the brunette.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric!" She announced as soon as she neared their table and sat down beside with Bella with excitement written all over her face. "I took control of everything just like what you two said and it worked!"

Madelline smirked at her and winked while Jessica grinned at her, genuinely happy for her, yet envy as she did not have the same guts to do the same towards Mike.

"Told you," Bella replied and smiled softly at her friend.

"Speaking of that, if you three don't have anything planned out later, let's go to Port Angeles before the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica said.

Madelline shrugged and nodded. "I'm in," she replied. She knew she won't buy, but she still wanted to hang out with them so she took the opportunity. Bella nodded as a response, looking down at the paper she was holding before quickly stuffing it inside her pocket. Madelline looked at her with confusion, deciding against on mentioning it.

The bell rang, causing the four to stand up and gather their things, heading to their class while chattering among each other.

Jessica pulled out a dress from the racks and tried it on, walking towards a tall mirror where Bella was. She turned from side to side to observe the dress, running her hands down on her curves and smiled. "This looks amazing. I like this one," Jessica commented.

"That looks good," Angela replied, scanning her from head to toe.

Madelline noticed a pink sleeveless dress that has a plunging neckline. She walked over the two while still holding the dress and held it out towards Jessica when she neared them. "How about this one? I think this will look amazing on you and emphasize your curves more," she suggested.

Jessica looked at the dress excitedly and nodded, taking the dress away from her and walked away with a giddy expression. "Thanks! You're the best," she called out as she walks away.

"Okay, Bella? Madelline? What do you think about this one?" Angela asked while smoothing out the wrinkles on her dress. She turned towards the two, measuring their expression to check if they liked it or not. Fortunately, Madelline nodded in approval and gave her a thumbs up.

"Lavender looks an absolute beaut on you, Gela! You should get it," Madelline told her.

"How about you, Bella?" She turned towards her who looked panicked and looked at Madelline, silently asking for help. Madelline smiled in amusement and shook her head, insisting she answers Angela.

"Uhh you look... great in that dress," Bella replied awkwardly. Angela noticed her tone and gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"You're not really into this, are you?"

Bella shook her head as she sent her an apologetic smile, Angela only nodded in understanding and turned back to the mirror to scan herself. Madelline sat in front of her and patted her thigh as an attempt to comfort her before focusing back to Angela. Jessica exited the dressing room, wearing the dress Madelline suggested. She walked towards where Angela was, grinning widely at her appearance.

"I like this one, it makes my boobs look pretty good," Jessica commented as she fixed her dress.

A group of boys walked past the window, stopping upon seeing them. They begun to wolf whistle and started shouting inappropriate words towards them, catching their attention almost immediately. The four simultaneously flipped them off and rolled their eyes as the boys walk away.

"Being a girl is really hard," Madelline sighed as she run her fingers through her hair, smoothening out her curls.

"Damn right."

Madelline heaved a sigh and shake her head. If boys were only taught on how to respect women and not objectify them, sexually or not, the moment they see them or even inflict their superiority complex on them—maybe everything would be better.

"Disgusting pigs," Angela muttered under her breath, the three nodding in agreement.

Jessica turned towards the two who were currently sitting by the window with Bella writing down on her notebook and Madelline, as usual, reading her book.

"So, what do you think?" She giddily asked, excitement evident on her face.

"Of course it's amazing. I picked it," Madelline rolled her eyes she closes her book. "No, I'm just kidding but it really does look amazing on you." 

Jessica smiled gratefully at her and towards Bella. "How about you, Bella? What do you think?"

"It looks great," she instantly replied, the same reply she gave Angela earlier.

"You said that with the other five dresses but sure," Jessica retorted, sarcasm lacing her voice before turning back towards the mirror in front of her.

Bella remained silent and pondered over a second before she closed her book. She looked at the two as she gathered her things. "Hey, I'll just visit the book store near here. I have something to search for."

"Do you know the way?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Can I take Madelline with me?"

"So what, I don't get a say in this?" Madelline asked as she looked at her. Bella only gave her a look. Madelline rolled her eyes and gathered her things as well inside her bag begrudgingly. "We'll meet you at the restaurant," Madelline told the other two.

"Are you sure?" Angela asked worriedly, afraid that the two may get lost along the way.

"Yeah, positive," Bella answered as she walked to the door with Madelline close behind. The latter only looked back to Jessica and Angela and mouthed 'no', emitting chuckles from them.

The two reached the book store when the sky was already darkening, Bella had the same paper Madelline saw earlier to which she now assumed has the address of the library Bella wanted to go to. As soon as they entered, Madelline left Bella alone to find what she was looking for and decided to grab herself her own books.

Time flew by and they didn't notice that it was that late already when it was dark outside. Madelline went up to the cashier and paid for the books as she waited for Bella to finish. The latter soon emerged from the aisles with a hard bound book that looked too familiar. Her eyes narrowed on it as she tried to remember where did she see it.

"I'll pay for hers as well," she told the cashier and nodded towards her friend.

"Hey, I can pay for myself—"

"I know but it's hassle if we pay separately and I'm hungry already so it's fine. No time for debate."

Bella was reluctant but nodded her head, knowing it would be hard to convince Madelline otherwise. They exited the book store and tried to find their way back, the street lights weren't much of help, seeing as they had trouble trying to figure out where they were.

What they noticed as soon as they turned towards the narrow alley was the same guys who catcalled them earlier inside the boutique. They tried to turn away without catching their attention. Unfortunately, they were able to do so.

"Hey, aren't they from the dress shop?"

"Where are you going?"

Madelline swore under her breath when they got surrounded. The group of guys enclosed the two with malicious grins as their eyes raked the girls up and down, sending shivers down their spines. The two got torn apart. Panic arose inside Madelline upon noticing this and it got worse when she saw Bella internally panicking and almost on the verge of fainting already. Anxious bit her skin as seconds turned into minutes.

"Where are you going?"

"Come have fun with us."

Everything was suddenly becoming too overwhelming for her to bear. Her vision was changing. The surrounding voices weren't helping her situation as her vision begun changing to red. It only become silent when someone tried to touch her in the wrong area. It was as if something snapped inside her.

She quickly turned her head towards the boy, who tried to touch her, and quickly pulled his fingers away from her and bent it. The bald one tried to take advantage of her and wrapped an arm around her neck, cutting her airways slowly while giving way for the bearded boy to get to her. A low growl escaped her throat and kicked the bearded man in front of her in the shins, using his body as a leverage to pull herself up and away from the boy behind her. The moment she got out of his arms, she slammed her elbows down on his head and eyed the ground. She gritted her teeth at the idea that was forming inside her head.

"Fuck it. Here goes nothing," she thought to herself.

She turned her back against the bald one and wrapped her left arm around his neck, right under his chin and the other one on the top part of his head before bringing the both of them down on the concrete. A loud crack sounded from his neck, emitting an almost sardonic grin from her. The sight alone made the rest of the boys that surrounded her run away, almost toppling over each other as they hurry away from her.

The men that surrounded Bella grew furious after seeing what happened to their friends. One swing his fist at her, causing her to groan out of pain. Her adrenaline was almost running out, and she noticed this, yet they still weren't safe. With what little amount of adrenaline left inside her, she kicked his balls, hard enough to send him to the ground while holding it.

Bella watched everything with widened eyes. It was as if Madelline was gone—the Madelline she knew at least. And when Madelline turned around, despite fearing her, she wanted to bring her friend away right then and there and send her to the hospital. A bruise was already forming on her cheek because of the harsh punch she received. Her hands were all bloodied. Blood was dripping from her busted lip and her once tamed hair was now disheveled.

"Bella! Run!"

Before she could even reach her, the remaining boys pulled her back and were about to raise and put their hands on her when a loud screeching sound echoed around the area. This halted the boys and turned around. The lights were too blinding, making them squint their eyes.

It wasn't just one. It was two.

Jasper's eyes widened at the sight in front of him, his eyes gradually turning into opal black as he caught a glimpse of Madelline. Her clothes was all bloodied and messed up. Disheveled hair. Bruised cheek. Busted lip. Bloodied knuckles. It made his insides crawl and his desire to rip a throat out grew intense. Yet, the boys sprawled against the concrete did not escape his vision.

He got out almost immediately along with Edward and neared their girls who were still surrounded, but before he could even near his girl, a boy blocked his way.

"That's a very dangerous maneuvering kid," he spat.

It was his mistake though when Jasper swung his fist to his face, breaking his nose immediately. The boy groaned out in pain, kneeling on the ground as he hold his broken nose.

"That should teach you a lesson to pick on your own size. You should never hurt women—or even men. If this was your approach to them, you won't get far. You all looked like a man already that's supposed to know what is right and what is wrong, yet you seem to still act like a child. No, even a child treats women better than you boys can," he growled. He leaned down to him and held his neck, placing his fingers on his pulse points. "Treat women better. Didn't you see what this woman can do? That will continue to happen if you boys don't stop harassing everyone."

Bella kicked the shin of the boy who was still holding her arm and ran towards Madelline, helping her up. Edward glared at the boys who were still surrounding them, a threatening growl escaping his throat. Jasper let go of the boy's neck and stood up properly, scanning them before it softened upon seeing his girl.

"I got this, Bella. Go with Edward," he told her. He placed Madelline's arm around his shoulders, wrapping an arm around her waist to hoist her up.

"Please take care of her," Bella tried to say, her eyes tearing up. She looked at Madelline and gave her forehead a kiss, whispering 'thank you' to her. Madelline wanted to reply but she could feel her body shutting down already as her adrenaline continued leaving her body.

Jasper helped Madelline get inside his car and placed her seatbelt on before sending a one last look to the boys who were trying to help their friends up. He got inside the car and quickly drove out of it, heading straight to her home.

"Is that you Jasper?" Madelline croaked out. The familiar scent engulfing her, reassuring her she was safe already. 

"Yes darling, everything's alright. You're safe already. I'll get you home so I can treat your wounds. I also texted Carlisle already," Jasper answered her. His eyes remained on the road, yet his right hand found its way to her hands and carefully held it against his.

The pain that she received from the punches, the crawling feeling of being touched by other men, was slowly creeping up inside her. She was utterly drained. She was tired. A lone tear escaped her eye when the feeling sunk in already. She was safe. She and Bella were safe. She tried to gulp down the ball that was forming in the back of her throat as she felt her eyes grew hot.

"You do know texting and driving?" Madelline tried to play it off, not until her voice at the end cracked. She cleared her throat and closed her eyes, not wanting to face Jasper.

Yet no matter how she hid it, Jasper saw it in his peripheral vision. His heart ached for her. She indeed saves herself and Bella, but she couldn't save herself from the trauma this night held for her.

Soon enough, they reached Madelline's house. Jasper pulled the car in the driveway and rushed out of the car to help Madelline out. He placed her arm around his shoulder and his arm around her waist, helping her up as they walk up to the front door. When they got inside, they went straight to the kitchen and he had her sit on the kitchen stool before he started to search for their first aid kit.

"Top left drawer," she told him.

He quickly opened the drawer, revealing tons of first aid kit, causing him to look up in disbelief before he grabbed one and placed it in front of Madelline. He grabbed an ice pack in their freezer and held it out for her. "Here, hold this against your cheek to numb the pain while I tend to your wounds first," he ordered.

He stood in between her legs and grabbed a damp towel, lightly wiping Madelline's busted lip, earning a hiss from her. He quietly apologized before putting on an ointment to it. After finishing with her lips, he turned his attention to his knuckles. A sigh left his lips almost immediately upon seeing how bruised and bloodied it was. He wiped away the excess blood and placed an ointment to it before wrapping it in a bandage to prevent it from getting worse.

Madelline was quiet as Jasper tends to her wounds patiently. She wanted to tear up right then and there already. Ignoring their closeness, she leaned her head on his shoulder, catching him off-guard.

"Thank you," she whispered and closed her eyes. She didn't trust her voice at that moment, knowing how it would crack the moment it becomes loud.

Jasper looked down on her, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He placed down her bandaged hand and placed away the aid kit before wrapping his arm around her, he propped his chin up on top of her head as he rubbed circles on her shoulder.

"I was scared to death when I saw you. Please, think about yourself too," he softly told her. Madelline nodded and turned to bury her head on the crook of his neck, lightly holding his shirt.

The blood did not faze him. It didn't even cross his mind. The only thing he was focused on was her injuries and the goal to treat them right away. His concern for the girl was beyond everything. He pulled her closer to him and stayed silent, both of them basking on each other's presence.

The silence, however, was interrupted by Madelline's stomach grumbling. Jasper slowly pulled away, meeting Madelline's guilty face as she looked away from him. A chuckle escaped his lips and fully pulled away from her, much to her dismay.

"I believe you haven't eaten anything. I'll go and make you something to eat, okay?"

Madelline softly smiled at him and nodded, watching how he turned his back on her to gather the food ingredients he will need and propped up her chin on her less injured hand. Her emotions were a mess—a rollercoaster. Yet, she wouldn't trade it for anything else.

They spent the rest of the evening joking around with Jasper, frequently pulling her down and assuring her she doesn't have to help. The thought of what happened remained on the far back of their minds, deciding against on thinking about it right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 11.3K 17
les monstres aussi tombent amoureux. monsters fall in love too.
176K 6.6K 30
violet was all that rosalie wanted. rosalie hale
2.6K 76 18
๐€ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ: ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...
929K 27.8K 17
โLife could have swallowed all the light in her, and she'd still be full of fire and fight.โž cover by @allisonsargent [ NEW MOON ] [ HAVEN...