Something About The Sunshine

By PoeticPhantom101

Leah Rhodes thought Jordan Hayes was suppose to be her perfect man, attractive, smart, funny, most of all... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Four

897 39 9
By PoeticPhantom101

"Take it off right now. How did you go from a hot ass work outfit to looking so simple", Kyra asked in a disappointing manner as she looked over the outfit I had put on for tonight. It was a simple grey button up crop top and regular skinny jeans with a pair of black boots.

"I thought it looked cute", I pouted as I plopped myself on my bed as Kyra went rummaging through my closet.

So much for trying to change..

"It's cute for a trip to the library, but for a night out with a really sexy guy? No bueno", She explained.

"Also word around the building is Grayson came to see you in your office this morning. I never saw you as an office sex person but I'm proud of you", Kyra smirked my way before turning her attention to the clothes and shoes in my closet.

It was best I sit back and let her do her thing, she was a fashion designer after all so she definitely knew what to wear more than I ever could. I mean look at what she was wearing.

Kyra was wearing a black lace bodysuit, high waisted skinny jeans with a black belt with two gold circles at the buckle, and velvet red pumps. Her black hair was straight, smokey eye, contour, foundation, highlight, perfect red lipstick, and a simple gold necklace.

"Not funny, he just stopped by to see me I guess. But what's gonna happen if Mrs. Hart finds out her son is making visits to my office? What will she think of me? Is she gonna think I'm trying to climb through the company by using her son" I asked as I stared up at the ceiling.

"She's not gonna think that at all Leah, you're overreacting. I can assure you the only thing she's gonna think about is how you and her son are gonna make the cutest little babies the world's ever seen", Kyra replied right before Beck came in.

Beck looked very handsome in a white shirt under a leather jacket, black jeans, black shoes. His outfit reminded me of back in high school when every other girl had a crush on him.

"What's taking you guys so long", he asked as he watched Kyra at work as he leaned against the wall next to my bedroom door.

"Look at Leah's outfit and you'll understand", Kyra said.

Beck looked towards me and studied my outfit for a second before holding in a laugh as best as he could.

"You look like a 70's church girl who's saving her virginity for Jesus but her asshole for Johnny boy who sits at the pew across the way", he said without missing a beat. I gasped in shock and pouted as Kyra burst with laughter.

"Which is why she will instead be changing into this", said Kyra as she laid out an outfit next to me on the bed. It was a velvet royal blue cropped shirt, high waisted ripped skinny jeans with a black leather belt, and thigh high black heeled boots.

"Its sexy without being too revealing", she noted.

"Then get to it and hurry up, Grayson will be here soon", Beck nodded before leaving my room and closing the door behind him.

When he was gone I changed into the outfit quickly and did my make up. A black smokey eye, winged eyeliner, contour, foundation, highlight, and my usual burgundy matte lipstick. Once that was done Kyra re-straightened my hair a bit with my bangs out freely and with that I was done.

"Are you sure this looks okay? It's not too much is it", I asked Kyra nervously as I glanced at myself through the mirror. My ass looked huge in these jeans.

"Are you kidding, Grayson is gonna drool all over the floor when he sees you. I'm telling you Leah I think it's fate that he was at that photoshoot", she smiled as she finished my make up.

"Well fate can suck my dick."

"I think fate wants you to suck his."

"I'm gonna ignore whatever I heard just now and hope that you two are ready", said Beck as he came into my room again.

"Beck will you please tell Leah that she looks beautiful in this outfit", Kyra said as she spun me around so Beck could get a good look. Beck looked me up and down and smirked before letting out a low whistle.

"You look gorgeous as always Leah".

"Not like a church girl who's gonna have anal with Johnny boy across the pew", I asked with a pointed look and my arms crossed over my chest.

"I'm gonna pay for that comment huh?"

"If you're lucky it won't be with your life", I smiled sweetly just before the doorbell rang.

Grayson.

I looked at my friends nervously And Kyra smiled and squeezed my hand before pulling me along to the front door. I turned to see Beck grabbing my phone with my I.D in the case and nodded my thanks to him.

I watched and tried to hide how much of a nervous wreck I was as Kyra opened the front door.

Just as expected Grayson stood there looking the sexiest I'd ever seen him. But I guess that really wasn't saying much since I hadn't even seen the man's face before Wednesday. I fought the gasp that almost slipped from my lips.

Holy hell..

Grayson was sporting the perfect bad boy outfit, straight out of a young teen novel. Black ripped jeans with the bottoms tucked into black boots, and a regular black v-neck t-shirt and topped off with a jean jacket. All the black of his outfit made his blue eyes pop and I noticed he had shaped up his facial hair a bit, but his actual hair was messy in a very attractive way.

And the cherry on top, with the sleeves of his jean jacket pushed up I noticed the tattoos on each forearm. They must've been hidden by his constant long sleeve shirts and jackets.

The first was a beautiful forearm piece of roses with no color on his right arm. Even from here I could tell the detailing in it was outstanding and that it wrapped around his arm.

The other one was also brilliantly shaded , a Phoenix with it's wings spread out, the end of its fiery tail almost reaching Grayson's wrist. It was uniquely beautiful and intricate.

That's it, he's won, he is now officially the complete package. Every other guy can just go on home now I guess.

"Wow guys, L.A looks good on you", Grayson smiled as walked in looking at Kyra and Beck. He gave Kyra a hug and did a sort of bro hug with Beck before turning towards me.

And let me just say, I've never felt more confident than when he looked up and down my outfit before his blue eyes met my brown ones.

I had caught Jordan's eye some how all those years ago and yet he had never looked at me the way Grayson was looking at me.
A surprised and entranced look of awe had taken over his features for a second. For just a moment he had looked like a guy who had just met a goddess.

"You know Leah, every time I see you you try to convince me that you're not a beautiful goddess but I'm proven right in my suspicions every time I get a glance at you", he smirked as he stepped closer to me.

"It's nice to see you again too Grayson", I smiled as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Okay you two, this is romantic and all but I got drinks and a dance floor calling my name", Kyra smirked as she walked out of the apartment as Beck held open the door.

"So we're going to the club", I asked as we began to walk down the walkway to the stairs since we stayed on the 4th floor.

"Not just any club, Grayson's club. It's one of the most popular clubs in L.A", Beck explained.

"I didn't know you had a club", I said as I turned to look at Grayson. And to my surprise I had caught him biting his lip as he stared almost adoringly at my ass.

"What can I say, my older brother gets my dad's company, and I made a sort of company for myself. I've got quite a few in some big cities and there's never been a slow night at any of them", Grayson smirked.

Grayson then lead us to the limo he had waiting for us and we all made small talk as the driver drove us to Grayson's club, Black Sun.

We were driven through the busy streets of Los Angeles before we stopped in front of a 5 story building with Black Sun in bright lights on the building. Beck let himself out and helped Kyra out of the limo and then Grayson got out before lending me his hand and helping me out of the limo as well. You could almost feel the bass of the music from outside and the line to get in almost looked like it went on for miles.

"Let me show you guys inside", Grayson smiled as he lent me his arm.

I looked at his arm and then up to his face with a raised eyebrow.

"Humor me", he shrugged. I sighed and took his arm as he walked us right by the line. He nodded at the bouncer once before leading us into his club.

The club was amazing and as soon as we stepped in I felt adrenaline rush through me. I felt like dancing, drinking, and just letting go. The base of the music was running from the speakers, through the floorboards, and right into me.

The dj was at the far left on a stage as he played today's hits with a hint of a remix to them. People were dancing and talking everywhere. At the far right was the bar where many were getting their drinks or just talking.

We walked through the crowds of people and Grayson lead us into a windowed elevator towards tihe back. He pressed a button with a golden star on it and the elevator closed and moved up. At the 4th story was a huge balcony sitting area looking over the club with it's own bar and a man standing there waiting for us to order.

"Wow, this feels like more than just some V.I.P sitting area", I said in awe.

"It is, it's my personal V.I.P sitting area. Hey Mike can you get us shots of Tequila and some beers", Grayson asked the bartender. The bartender nodded before getting to work on them and quickly coming over to hand them to us before returning to the bar.

The boys than began talking amongst themselves as Kyra and I stood at the balcony.

"Remember the first time we went to a club", Kyra asked with a smile.

"We were 19 and had found out we could go as long as we got one of those hands stamps saying we were under 21. We went with that group of fellow college students from our dorms. That was a crazy fun night... Even though no guys wanted to dance with me that entire time", I smiled as I looked down at all the club goers dancing and having a good time. Even as my thoughts and mood began to turn negative.

"Okay that's enough depressing talk, we're in a club. I wanna be dicked down not feeling down", Kyra said, making me burst with laughter before the boys came walking towards us.

I felt a hand at the small of my back just above the curve of my ass and froze hoping no one had heard the small gasp that had left my mouth. I looked to Grayson next to me knowing damn well it was his hand.

He looked down at me and gave a smirk before looking back to the others.
"To you guys, think of this as a formal welcome to the city of angels", he said as a quick toast. We nodded and agreed before taking our shots first. I took the shot and winced slightly at the burn of it going down.

And just like that our night had begun.

Later on I couldn't tell you how many drinks I had, but it was definitely enough to get drunk off my ass. Two hours into being at the club and I was dancing and laughing, my hips doing things I didn't even know they could. The music moved through me as Kyra and I danced, not oblivious to the numerous male stares on us but not exactly caring either.

It was the first time in a long time where I felt free.

"Keep that ass moving, I'm gonna get another drink real quick ", she said over the music. I nodded with a laugh and she walked off.

"Was wondering when I'd get you all to myself", said a rough, unfamiliar voice behind me. I turned to see a man with black hair and brown eyes, his eyes roamed my body in a way that didn't comfort me in the least. And even though my mind was telling me to get the hell out of dodge, the alcohol in my system kept me there as I kept dancing.

"Hey there", I smiled as I continued to dance and move my hips.

"Hey yourself. With the way you got that ass moving, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go somewhere a little more... private", he smirked lustfully.

And it was that sentence that sobered me up.

My creep sense was tingling.

"Nah that's okay, my friend should be back soon", I said trying to smile kindly, though I'm sure it looked like more of a grimace.

"Honey...", he began as he leaned into my ear, his breath reaked of alcohol.

"That wasn't an option".

A shiver ran down my spine in the worse kind of way.

I backed away in horror and disgust, my eyes searched for my friends around me until I bumped into a strong chest. The contact made me jump but a gentle hand touched my waist.

"I believe she said no thanks", came Grayson's voice as I looked up to see him behind me.

His smirk looked friendly at first but at this proximity I could see the ticking of his jaw. Damn, that's sexy...

Not the time Leah!

"Fine, you have her then. Probably nothing but a ghetto black bitch anyways", the man growled out.

Wait... what the fuck did he just call me?!

My blood boiled and once again even though my mind said to let it go, my body as a whole... not so much. I took two steps toward the man and swung my fist hard, landing a punch at his nose.

Blood spilled from it profusely and everyone around watched in shock as that man yelled profanities while groaning in pain holding his nose.

I just punched someone... holy shit I just punched someone!

And after that... came the pain. I hissed in pain and cradled my hand as two guards came to see what happened.

"Want us to throw him out Mr. Hart", asked one of the other guards.

"Not yet."

And then Grayson threw a punch at him, landing it on the man's cheek and knocking him to the ground.

"Step foot in this club again and I'll fucking kill you. Now apologize to her", Grayson seethed angrily down at him. The man mumbled an apology at me before Grayson gave a curt nod and the guards carried the man away.

As soon as he was gone people began to dance again, like nothing ever happened. I felt Grayson grab my hurt hand gently and I looked up at him.

"Let's get you some ice for that fist Rocky", he smirked before leading me up towards his sitting area again and then to another elevator which took us up one more flight to the top level. The elevator door opened to reveal his office and Grayson guided me to sit on his desk.

I watched quietly as he pulled an ice pack from a freezer he had on the other side of the office.

I took this time as a moment to stare at the back of his muscular body.

"Why do you have a freezer of ice packs in here", I asked to keep my mind from that dirty thought... and many others.

"We have at least one fight a night on weekdays, 3 or 4 on weekends. Ice packs and first aid kits are a must here", he smirked.

"I'll tell you what though, I've never seen that kind of punch from a woman", he continued as he turned around. I quickly looked away and towards the huge window on the back wall that gave a great view of the city.

"My dad is a cop, taught me everything I know about fighting. Though I may be a bit rusty since my knuckles are now bruised", I said with a small smile still looking out the window. The view of Los Angeles from here was beautiful.

"If that's you rusty I'd hate to see you when you're well trained, mia piccola dea", Grayson chuckled and I finally looked at him as he sat in the office chair in front of my legs and gently took my bruised hand.

"Is that italian", I asked.

"Yes, my father's side of the family is from Italy so I learned it early on as a child. Don't worry, I only called you my little goddess", he explained with an easy but no less attractive smile.

He laid the ice pack on it and I hissed and winced in pain.

"Take the punch, take the pain", Grayson said quietly as he held the ice pack to my knuckles.

"Huh?"

"It's a saying my dad always said to my siblings and I when we were young, mostly me though. I didn't get along well with other kids in high school. I was said to be one of the problematic Hart kids", he said with a small smile, as if remembering his dark high school days.

It was silent for a moment, both of us in our own thoughts. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought? Looking at him now he didn't seem like an assshole, he seemed... nice. There was no smirk or arrogance to him at the moment, just him rubbing the pad of his thumb over the skin of my hand as he helped take care of my bruised fist. A soothing action that made me want to sigh softly in comfort.

"I want to apologize. It's dawned on me that maybe some of the things I said upon our first meeting were taken the wrong way. I would never insult your work as the Fearless Phoenix columnist. I've actually read some of your work and think you do an amazing job. It's just that when I saw you Leah, you had this certain sadness in your eyes. I can still see it even now. I have this urge to make you feel better but it's obvious I've been doing a shitty job", Grayson explained as he looked up at me.

God, those blue eyes...

"No, you actually had a point Grayson. Millions of girls look up to the Fearless Phoenix, it would be hypocritical of me to preach confidence and fearlessness if I can't do the same. I have to lead by example. You've reminded me of why I've moved here and what my goal was for moving out of Seattle. I was pissed but maybe Kyra and Beck were right, maybe I should be thanking you", I smiled.

"You want to thank me by letting me take you out on a date next week", Grayson asked with a wink.

"In your dreams Grayson Hart", I smirked rolling my eyes.

"How did you know", he asked faking shock and making both of us laugh.

"Let's go back down, I'm sure the others are looking for you", he smiled as he helped me off the desk and escorted me back down to the club.

~Beck above~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 220 25
** RE-WRITTEN VERSION IS NOW ON AMAZON, EBOOK & PAPERBACK AVAILABLE ** Leah Miller was just 22 years old when she was training to take over her dad's...
154K 6.1K 18
Kendall Clark is at the top of her game. She's one of the best black female Veterinarians in Los Angeles, California and everybody loves her. She's s...
44.3K 972 40
Aurora has always had one goal; to study and get as far away as possible from her house. Life was never easy for her but it seemed to get worse when...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...