Hate Loving You | COMPLETED

By SkylerChase29

❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first... More

IᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴT
Ch:1 Us
Ch:2 Another Morning
Ch:3 This is Bad!
Ch:4 Really Don't
Ch:6 Running
Ch:7 Blast from the Past
Ch:8 The Party
Ch:9 Why?
Ch:10 I Was Sooo Stupid....
Ch:11 Something New
Ch:12 Strange
Ch:13 Misunderstandings
Ch:14 Unnatural
Ch:15 Our Discussion
Ch:16 Again
Ch:17 Yes
Ch:18 Remembering
Ch:19 Flashbacks
Ch:20 Leaving
Ch:21 New Girl
Ch:22 It's all crazy
Ch:23 A lot (Part 1)
Ch: 24 A Lot (Part 2)
Ch:25 Catching Up
Ch:26 Players
Ch:27 Hardcore Girl
Ch:28 Missed You
Ch:29 More Mystery
Ch:30 Going Bonkers
Ch:31 Sneaky
Ch:32 Well, This is Unsettleling
Ch:33 Hiking, huh?
Ch:34 The Best Laughter Dose
Ch:35 Intentional
Ch:36 Getting Updated
Ch:37 Random heart-to-heart
Ch:38 So We Move
Ch:39 In and Out
Ch:40 Going Down
Ch:41 Finally
Ch:42 No Way
Ch:43 Revelations
Ch:44 When The Dust Settles
Epilogue
Vicious Fangs✔️
Love Punched✔️

Ch:5 The short end of the prank war

496 93 194
By SkylerChase29

(Lea's P.O.V)

Look I'll be straightforward, the past few days had been real hectic. Sam getting revenge, then me, him, me, him, me......and so on.
Let me tell you how some of that went.

Day 1:
I received a gift box from Hillary, she's a really nice girl and a Sophomore. She gave it to me saying she didn't know when my birthday was last year and this was her gift to me. It was strange and looking back, I should've picked up what was happening but, oh well.

I thought it was really sweet and accepted it. I clutched my box the size of my palm and Demi rose a brow. I shrugged and decided to see it right now itself.

But when I opened it......
Smoke came out? No, it was chili powder?!!!

I started coughing non-stop and basically couldn't breathe for some time. That asshole! 

I looked around through the lobby to lock eyes with HIM. My eyes and throat were burning and it was bad.

An overwhelming feeling of hate washed over me and I glared at him even in that condition. I knew Sam had to be the culprit. It would be so easy for him to work his charms on the sweet girl she probably didn't even know she was starting a war which would end with my mortal enemy dying at my hands.

Now revenge had to be achieved. I wasn't an angel after all, you know?

~

Day 2:

(Sam's P.O.V)

I entered the cafeteria and headed straight towards my table.

Going in, I saw that there were chocolates on our table.

Well, that was new.

Something good to lift my spirits even higher.

I guess the euphoria was to blame for my lack of vigilance. I should've noticed that no one else had eaten them. I so should've. 

The rest of my friends were talking already and I sat at my usual seat too. I picked one chocolate up and popped it in my mouth.

It tasted a bit......funny?

I ignored it and munched on trying to focus on their conversations and then suddenly it was as if I had eaten a lava rock dipped in double layer of hot chili sauce!!!

The filling of the chocolate was nothing one would ever expect like maybe a sweet white chocolate filling or nuts or things like that but this?

I quickly panicked with the hotness of the chocolate. 

Stupid but true.

Looking around for some water I glanced at Dave, Gary and Holland who held confused and concerned looks (and they were trying not to laugh, I'm telling you they enjoy my suffering) but that wasn't what I needed.

Then a water bottle was in front of my face and I immediately took it.
Opening the lid as soon as I possibly could, I gulped down the water.

Obviously presuming it would help but it added to the burn more since the water was warm and salty. YES, Warm and salty!

I quickly snapped my head to look at the person who had handed me the bottle of thankfulness at first look and hate, the second you drink it, to come face to face with Lea who was giving me an extremely sugary sarcastic smile that reminded me of the happenings of the previous week.

I remembered the way she had smiled genuinely at Tyson.

I wondered if she would ever smile like that for me again.

But that didn't make me forget about what she had done a few seconds ago.

And no matter how she was starting to effect me for some time now, it wasn't gonna change everything just as quickly. I clenched my jaw.

"You're welcome." She smiled evilly and I narrowed my eyes into slits at her dangerously. She looked ecstatic.

"You-"

I was cut off by Tyson who came up behind her and so rudely interrupted my good comeback.

'Accept it, you didn't even have a comeback let alone it being good.'

Brain mocked me in the worst of situations.

"You should be thankful, Sam. Really." He draped his arm around her casually.

Something only I, it seemed, noticed, and a dark look crossed his face for just a second. And I saw what it meant and surprisingly his protectiveness for her seemed to sting my heart in an unusual way. His words from that day came rushing back to me.

'Don't even think about Lea or hurting her.'

I bit back my sharp reply. I'd deal with him later though he didn't deserve any attention from. Myself if I had to. For now, I just had to sit back and do Lea some justice myself. I still did hate her after all.

Giving her one last glare I stormed out of the cafe.

You guys must have forgotten but I didn't. I still had a fire in my mouth to extinguish.

~

Day 3:

(Lea's P.O.V)

I smiled as Holland continued chattering about Sam's miserable state and attempts to come up with a good prank.

"He's going crazy!" She laughed and I joined in. We both slid into seats at my table.

Today was one of the days she decided to sit with us. Cool with me.

Dylan appraised her and checked her out with a definite interest. She ignored him.

"I'm glad." I replied cheerfully. It really was good news. 

He wasn't good at all when it came to using brains though if it was one of our war moves then he was.

Surprise, surprise.

"Ooh.......that's got like a thousand hits on YouTube!" Demi tittered.

I rose a brow as Ash rolled his eyes.

"What?" I asked as I took a bite of my sandwich.

Tyson shrugged nonchalantly. "The video where Sam's locker punched him."

I stared at him. 

Everyone was silent at our table and my sandwich hung midway in air with my mouth open and ready to be bitten but frozen as if time itself had stopped.

Then we all burst out laughing and he chuckled.

"Seriously?" 

Emma nodded and took the phone from Demi to show me and my mood lifted.

Sam's intimidating reputation was put to test with that video.

Ha.

A locker punched him....

Have you ever heard of something like that?! I bubbled with laughter as Holland joined in.

There were doughnuts on the canteen today as dessert. Which is rare so you can rest assured that I did have one.

Demi and Emma had promised to save me one so when I was finished with my food so I took it from Demi.

We continued chatting and laughing. And just imagine how good it would be with the doughnut to celebrate my sweet victory. (Pun intended) 

I bit into the doughnut and relished  the heavenly goodne----    

I immediately spat it out. 

"What the hell is in this thing!?" I gagged and blanched. Spitting it out I hissed at the awful taste.

Why would something so innocent looking be such a devil's artwork?

I almost whimpered at the loss of a perfectly good doughnut. 

My eyes glared daggers at a smug looking Sam almost instantly. I don't know how I found him...but it was like I just knew. His payback to my prank chocolates sucks!

That freaking bastard.....how did he get his hands on my doughnut and stuff it with such disgusting stuff?

All my friends were hiding their grins and that pissed me off even more. I glowered at Demi and Emma who were shaking with restrained laughter. 

Traitors.

I glared at them all and gritted my teeth in annoyance. Obviously they had been on in this prank in a covert way.

I'm telling you they find a certain type of high and enjoyment in Sam and me destroying each other.

The cafeteria was starting to recover from their shock and giggles and laughs were already bubbling.

The filling tasted like excess mustard and vegetable oil induced...mayonnaise.....And...and....a paste of freaking BROCCOLI!!!?

I dashed out of the cafeteria straight to the washroom to rinse the horrible taste out of my mouth. It was so bad!

Once I was done, I glared at my own reflection in the bathroom mirror. And, of course, the devil who was grinning like an idiot in the back. 

Sam had been enjoying the experience of watching me rinse and gag and spit and glare at him as he leaned against the wall of the ladies bathroom.

Yes, that boy has no shame.

"Oh, you innocent puppy..."

Sam chuckled and I whirled around and gritted my teeth.

What the fu....?! Puppy?

"You. Will. Pay. Nobody messes with my food." I seethed and he smirked.

My food....I almost whined. I'd been dying to have the only tasty things in the school and they were highlights of the day besides my tormenting Sam.

Duh.

"Bring it on, Lea." He winked at me and I settled into an angry sort of calm.

I gave him a sweet smile like the devil probably would if he attempted to smile.

Oh, I would make him pay.

~

(Sam's P.O.V)

I was grinning like an idiot.

The look on Lea's face had been so priceless! I was craving the high to see it again.

It was so much fun pissing her off. I straddled my bike. She though she was good? Well, I was better. By a really long shot. 

She would try to retaliate and that was the fun of this twisted game we both played but for now I couldn't stop laughing and grinning.

"Dude, just stop smiling...." Dave tried and failed to hold in his own laughter. Gary joined in and my grin grew even wider.

Most of the people were here. School was over and I was going to leave as well. Today had turned out awesome. 

"Yeah, well...." I chuckled. "I'll see you guys later."

I picked up my helmet to put on and---

 I sputtered out some sort of powder the second I put on my helmet and then threw my helmet off my head the very next second after fumbling with it.

"What the heck, man?!" Dave and Gary doubled over in laughter at my outburst, choking when I removed the helmet. I was panicking. 

What the hell did I inhale? Heroin? Pot? Cocaine? Drugs!?

But then why were my friends laughing like....
I blinked.

Scowling I coughed out the stuff again and looked down at my helmet. That's when I noticed. 

I was covered in fucking golden and silver glitter from the helmet.

I slowly processed the fact that I looked like a glitter fairy and my anger raged.

Lea.

"Are you okay, Tinker bell?!" Dave choked out and my mouth twitched. 

I glared at him which only caused him to laugh harder.

I would laugh as well if I wasn't the one being laughed at! But that's not the case! And they are supposed to be my friends! 

There were people gathered around now. Who were staring.

At me.

And I looked like a freaking Tinker Bell.

"Is Peter Pan in need of your help, Glitter girl?" Gary asked barely getting it all out before clutching his stomach and bending over with suppressed laughter.

I growled. 

Shoot. People were making videos! I was going to hyperventilate and have a panic attack.

In that short moment I thought what would have been engraved on my tombstone: Killed thanks to public humiliation due to turning into a rainbow glitter fairy with the exception of Tinker Bell's wings.

Pathetic.

I slowly exhaled and glared at everyone there. My blood was boiling and I clenched my jaw so hard I thought I'd lock it.

And everyone was barely containing their laughter.

"Will...you...need any....more.....pixie dust...to fly or something?" Came the voice of the she-devil herself.

My rage was turning into wrath. And she would be the one to face it.

Lea's voice was choking with laughter. 

The second I locked eyes with her, she burst out laughing and didn't hid it at all. She doubled over along with her group and Dave gave her...a high five??

What the heck people!?

They clutched their stomachs and Dylan fell down onto the road. Lea had tears in her eyes.

Freaking tears!

Not like the others were far behind. Emma, Demi, Ash, Holland, Tyson and Gary were in hysterics as well.

And I think Allison had a horrified look.......

Before she started giggling too.

I groaned.

My blessed anger turning into much hated embarrassment. My lips twitched and I willed myself to not laugh. They were contagious but I still had a bit of dignity left so I would not laugh at myself.

Dude. 

I just lost some really big man points. And my ego is hurt. The gods hate me but then again, I hate Lea.

Dammit Lea!

~

(Lea's P.O.V)

You know those are just a few of the many incidents. There were about at least 5 or 8!!! I think...?

Anyways, right now I was in our art class and feeling a pair of eyes burning holes into my back. I occasionally glared daggers at him as well.

 'No doubt 'bout who it is, of course.' My inner voice Nikita, spoke to me in a bored out voice.

'Yup!' I replied while popping the 'p' and just then the bell rang ending the torture me and Demi were going through.

Our art teacher was like one of those people who don't get it. The fact that no one's listening to them. He literally speaks to the walls!

'I guess that answers why he doesn't get any replies and questions'. Nikita remarked in a voice that showed pure realization.

I smiled and snickered at the answer and started gathering my stuff.

"Hey Lea, you do remember that it's your duty and Sam's to clean the room today?" Betty stopped and spoke to me.

"Oh, really?....Ha-ha." I started in a fake enthusiastic voice which turned into one of hatred as I clenched my teeth and glared at Sam. "How ironic!"

He gave me a smirk. A Cocky smirk. Which suited his good looks. NO. UGH! How does he manage doing that?!!

I gave him a blank look. That made my eyes twitch. 

Betty went out and left the two of us.

Alone. 

 I wasn't planning on staying there the whole day so I decided to make a move by myself.

I picked up the duster and started clearing the blackboard. It was a big one so took me around 3 minutes to clear it.

All the time I could feel Sam staring at me intently. So when I was done with that I angrily turned around to glare at him.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"Nothing." He shrugged casually as if nothing happened. But an amused look was on his face nonetheless.

That made me even more frustrated. Guys like to torture cute girls who are way outta their leagues, no?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

I snickered, "Your death in excruciating detail."

I continued to work around. 

He continued to sit on his ass and stare. 

"Look you aren't going to help me, that I know for sure, so at least don't be a distraction!" I barked at him when it was clear our roles wouldn't change.

My lips twitched in irritation and my brain felt like it was about to burst.

I don't know why but that did make him smirk mischievously.

OH, WAIT.

Nope, dunno.....

"So you think that I am a distraction?" he spoke in a significantly cocky tone.

Why did he catch that? Seriously, just why??!! Isn't that such a cliche line?

My eyes became wide and I felt heat rush up to my cheeks instantly.

"N...no..um..Nada..nope...!" I stuttered a bit and tried to make sense of what I said.

See?

I was angry and sassy and confident a moment ago and now I was stuttering and embarrassed and blushing.

This guy was the reason why I sometimes had doubts whether I was bi-polar or not.

He grinned and stood up just as I turned and started gathering the paints and closing their lids hastily.

Maybe I could avoid this awkward situation?

'High hopes' Nikita  snickered in sarcasm.

'Well, had to have high high Hope's for a living 
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't-' I started to sing High Hopes by Panic At The Disco and Nikita gave me a glare so I shut up.

I saw Sam come and start doing the same which made me stare at him in pure shock for a moment but then I regained my composure when he locked eyes with me.

'His oh-so-blue ocean eyes......" Nikita sighed dreamily.

I just simply rolled my eyes but there was absolutely no doubt that he was handsome or had blue ocean eyes that were simply mesmerizing.

And the next moment something surprising happened.

There was paint on me.

I broke out of my chain of thoughts immediately and gave him a death glare that should've sent guys running. But no, not Sam.

And then without a second thought I emptied the bottle of red paint in my hand on his head.
A sense of satisfaction took over me.

But then He spilled blue paint on my shirt and I spilled pink over his. This went on for a bit and then​​​---

"Wha-" We both heard a gasp and our heads snapped towards the door to find Mr Cole. (a.k.a boring art teacher)

"Both of you.....detention!"

He was red with rage and practically screamed at us to get out and in the detention room.

Great!

My record's broken.

Thanks to Mr Jackass here. 

I have no idea what tomorrow's hot topic will be (or maybe I do have a slight idea?) or how I'll explain this to my mom but.....

I just hope I can make it out alive from the detention room since there are very high chances of me killing Sam, who in turn, will definitely make sure to do the same.

Detention?

Here I come!

Let's see if luck decides to smile upon me for once. Cause this time?
I have a feeling I really do need it.

And I didn't know how true my words were going to turn out to be.

"Well, then shall we?" Sam grinned and opened the door for me.

Oh, well.

~

(CHAPTER STATUS: Fully Revised and Edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.8K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
275K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
13.8K 547 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
1.7M 53.1K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...