Love or Whatever ~ Book Six

By HeatherJachmann

This is the story of Jace Taylor..... BOOK SIX in the "Taylor Family Series" You can read this on it's own bu... More

COPYRIGHT.
Teaser
Missing My Babies
It Never Gets Easier
Dirty Trash
Don't Mess With Me
No More Secrets
Claiming What's Mine
Didn't See That Coming
Just A Little Awkward
Daddy's New Girlfriend
Time Share
Our First Date
Christmas With The Taylors
That's My Boy
Happy New Year
Where There's Smoke...There's Fire
An Agonising Wait
The Wife is Boss
A Surprising Morning
A New Arrival
Our Little Rocco
My Little Family
The Secrets Are Out
No Fuss... Just Us!
It's Not Forever
I Made The Right Choice
Sweat It Out
Bells Are Ringing
Excuse Me?
What The Actual Fuck!?
My Worst Nightmare Comes True
My Baby Brother
A Year Ago Today
Can't Wait For More
A Day To Remember
Stand By Him

Just Another Day

26.1K 1.3K 190
By HeatherJachmann

Just Another Day

2nd January 2042

Jace's POV (McKenna 34 weeks and 0 days, Izzy 9 weeks 2 days)

"Welcome home babe." I grinned as I pulled up in the driveway. It had been a relatively quiet drive home from the hospital and a slow one. I was just taking my time to get there as Kenna had kept her eyes closed the entire time. She'd be still pretty tired and hopefully she'd be able to get a better nights sleep here. In our house.

"It's good to be home, I would really love a nice relaxing bath." she said softly as she turned my way with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Well then, let's head inside and I can run one for you." I smiled and squeezed her thigh with the hand I had resting there the whole journey home. It's going to be nice sleeping in bed with her tonight, our bed. I have to get used to saying that, I wasn't planning on blurting it out like that. It's not just mine anymore, it's ours. I'm really loving the sound of that.

"Lead the way stud." she giggled and opened the door. I was quick to unclick my belt and then run around to her side of the car to help her out. Reaching for her hand, she grabbed it so I could ease her out of the car carefully. She winced a little as she rubbed over her belly.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked over her features, her face was a little scrunched up and her eyes were barely open as she took a deep breath.

"Yeah, Rocco just kicked me really hard." she said as she now rubbed over the right side of her bump. He's been doing that a lot. All through the night he was kicking her hard and I could feel it where I had my arm draped over her belly. We might have a little footballer at this rate.

"Be nice to you Mummy, son." I chuckled as I placed my hand over hers. Kenna looked up at me with a smile and then leaned in close and pressed her lips softly to mine. I love it when she does that, those little kisses at random times.

"Will you show me his room after my bath?" she asked as I took her hand and walked toward the front door.

"Maybe." I smirked as I put the key in the lock and opened the door. When it was open, she was about to step through the door but i was quick to grab her hand to stop her. The frown on her face made her look adorable and I chuckled as I swept her up into my arms to carry her. She giggled and then wrapped her arms over my shoulders and kept her eyes on mine.

"Now this is more like it." she grinned, just being around her makes me the happiest I've ever been. I honestly don't know how I scored this amazing woman and I'm so glad I have her as mine. Making sure I wouldn't hit her head on the door on the way through, I stepped through it and grinned.

"What's mine is yours now baby. Welcome to your new home." I whispered as I kicked the door closed with my foot and then carried her through the house.

"You really are the sweetest fiancé a girl could have." her smile was so big and she was glowing. Fiancé, I was definitely not planning on asking her to marry me to today. I knew the moment I blurted that out as well, that I meant every word. Kenna is the one I want to spend my life with and maybe have a couple more babies with if she lets me.

"I'm sorry I don't have a ring and that it wasn't really the best proposal in the world." I said as I reached the bathroom door and carefully sat her on the counter. I was about to walk over to the bath and turn the water on but she grabbed my arm and pulled me closer.

"It was perfect just the way it was and I don't care about a ring, I have you." she smiled as she placed her hands over my shoulders and wrapped her legs around my waist. I reached down and pulled on the hem of the scrub top and began to lift it slowly up. Our eyes stayed locked on each other as I peeled her out of it.

"I'm lucky to have you." I smiled, I inched my lips closer to hers and kissed her plump lips softly. I'm just going to have to surprise her with a ring one night. Maybe I could take her back to the place we had our first date and do it there. That probably won't happen until after Rocco arrives, I need to find the right ring. It has to be perfect, just like she is.

"Ash will be here soon with some clothes, you can wear some of mine until she gets here. Then I need to head over to Tahni's and speak to the girls. I want to do it today and when I get back, we can head back to the hospital to see Jordan." I said as I moved away from her and started the bath and added a few bubbles that the girls use when they are in here.

"Sounds like a plan." she said softly as she slipped the pants off and gave me a full view of her gorgeous naked body. When the water felt like a comfortable temperature and level, I helped her get in. She let out a sigh and then laid back and closed her eyes. While she had her soak, I headed into the bedroom and straight to the walk in robe. I need to make some room in here for her, which I hope she can fill this up. She's going to have to buy a heap of new clothes and shoes, I'm not sure how much can be saved from her apartment.

I'm excited that Kenna is moving in, to have her here with me is going to be awesome. I walked over to the adjoining door that goes into what is now Rocco's room and unlocked the door. The bright blue feature wall looks good and the border I had put around the other three walls has little cars on it. It was weird picking out colours for a boy as I'm just used to everything being girlie. He's definitely going to be a Daddy's boy.

"Uncle Jace, can we play outside?" Mia asked as I opened the door. Ash was standing there with Matthew sitting on her hip and he was clinging on hard. Mia and Evie both had identical eager looks on their faces as they stood beside her.

"Yep." I chuckled as they both ran through the door and almost knocking me over in the process. Those two are so full of energy, no wonder Ash looks like she's about to fall asleep standing here.

"Come here little man." I said as I held out my hands to grab Matthew from his Mummy. His big eyes looked at me for a second, before he reached out for me. He's four months old now and looks so much like his Dad. It won't be long before he acts like him too.

"Thanks, he's starting to get too heavy to hold." Ash chuckled as she shook her arm a little. Once I had Matthew in my arms, he was quick to pinch my skin with his nails. I swear this kid does this on purpose. Every time I pick him up, the claws come out.

"Kenna is just having a bath." I smiled as I looked at my little nephew, his hair has gone all curly on the tips.

"I'll make sure she gets some rest while you're gone. I have a suitcase full of clothes and some shoes in the boot of the car for her. She's lucky I kept all my maternity clothes." she smiled as she walked through the door, she had Matt's baby bag with her. He watched her every move as she walked past me. When we settled in the family room, I placed Matt on the rug and Ash passed him a few of his toys to play with.

"It's cool that you're having a boy, Matt will have another male close to his age to play with. I think he's getting annoyed with the crazy love he gets from his big sisters." she chuckled as she sat on the edge of the couch and reached out and moved the toys he just threw, back to him. He looks cute sitting there and rocking from side to side, trying to keep himself up. It's a good thing I have baby niece's and nephews because it's been a long time since I've had a baby at home.

"Yeah, that's one good thing about having a big family. There's plenty of kids around and there's never a dull moment." I grinned as I watched little Matthew.

"You can go see the girls, I'll keep my eyes on Macca." Ash said as she got comfortable on the couch.

"Ring me if anything happens, I just hate leaving her even for a second." I said as I stood up and began to walk toward the bathroom.

"I promise I will. You have nothing to worry about, she's got a few more weeks before he comes." she waved me off and I frowned. Why do feel he's going to come before his due date? Heading back into the bathroom, I found Kenna refilling the tub with more water.

"Don't fall asleep in there." I chuckled as I leaned against the wall, she looked up and smiled. She's already looking more refreshed and relaxed. Her hands were rubbing the bubbles over her bump which was popping out of the top of the water.

"You could jump in here with me. Make this more fun." she winked and I could tell that her eyes were roaming over my body. I'm loving these hormones.

"Maybe later. Ash is here and I just came in to let you know that I'm going to head over to Tahni's." I said as I walked carefully over to the edge of the bath and sat on the edge. I grabbed a handful of bubbles and then placed it on the bump and rubbed over it. Rocco seemed to be moving quite a lot but it didn't seem to be bothering her.

"Tell the girls I miss them." she smiled as she lifted some bubbles on her hand and then blew them at me. One hit me right below the eye and the rest in my mouth. She giggled and then went to do it again but I grabbed her hand.

"I'm going to kiss you like this." I grinned and inched closer to her. Her eyes went wide and then she took a deep breath and then submerged her head under the water. It was only a few seconds before she popped her head back out and her hair now sticking all over her face. I reached over to the towel rail and grabbed a towel to wipe my face before doing hers.

"Don't stay in here to much longer, you'll get all wrinkly." I chuckled and then kissed her softly. I love hearing her giggle and she looks happy. Hopefully she can forget about what has happened in the past couple of days. But I know that's only wishful thinking, it'll all come back once she sees her brother.

"Yes Daddy." she chuckled and showed me the palms of her hands, they are about to get a lot more wrinkles.

"Love you." I smiled and kissed her again before walking to the door. I turned around to see her beautiful face again and her eyes were on my ass.

"Love you too." she looked up into my eyes and blushed when I had caught her perving. After leaving the bathroom, I made sure I had my phone and told Ash to call me. She had rolled her eyes and told me to chill as she wouldn't let anything happen to Kenna. If only I could tell myself that, then I might be a little calmer. As I was driving over to Tahni's, I went over in my head several times about how I would ask the girls. It's not everyday you ask your daughters if it was alright if your girlfriend moved in.

When I pulled up in the familiar driveway, the house that I spent eight years in, it felt different. I haven't been inside this house since the day I moved out. Usually I just get the car door open as the girls come out, or it's just at the front door. Josh had his sports car parked in the driveway, sometimes I feel like putting a little scratch on that thing. As I got to the front door, I knocked on it a couple of times and then checked out the garden. It's about time Josh got his finger nails dirty and did some weeding. I had it looking really good out here.

"Jace, you're not meant to be here until Sunday." Josh said in an annoyed tone as he opened the door, I turned and looked at him and he was standing there with Lucy. I don't think he likes me, but why the hell should he. It's not like I am very fond of this guy either.

"I just came over to speak to the girls." I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets. Since when am I only allowed to see my daughters until the set time to pick them up? He better watch himself or my fist will be doing the talking.

"Well I'd appreciate it if you would let us know before you just turn up unexpectantly." he grumbled, I rolled my eyes and tried to keep my cool. I don't have time for this shit.

"Can I see them or not? I have something important to ask them." I sighed, I could hear Lily talking to Tahni somewhere inside.

"They're in the kitchen." he gave me a look but I just walked past him and headed there. As I walked through the house, it looked completely different. All the furniture had been replaced with what looks like more expensive items, even the walls had been repainted. If she wasn't going to keep what we had, it would've been nice for her to tell me. I had to go out and buy everything and start fresh which wasn't cheap to do. Now that has got me slightly pissed off.

"Daddy!" Lily squealed as she saw me enter the kitchen. I held my arms out for her and gave her the biggest hug. When she was in my arms, I melted into her embrace.

"I've missed you so much." I whispered and kissed her cheek, my arms tightly around her and I even gave her a little spin.

"Missed you more." she grinned as she let go and looked up at me. Tahni was standing there behind the bench, it looks like they were cooking some biscuits. Josh then walked up to her and whispered something in her ear.

"Where's Emmy and Ruby?" I asked when I looked around and didn't see them in sight. Surely they would've heard Lily's voice, my ears are ringing from how loud it was.

"With Mum and Dad." Tahni replied as she wiped her hands on a tea towel and then came closer. Great, Genevieve and John must be in town, how fucking exciting. I just hope I'm gone before they come back but then I won't see my girls. Damn it! Maybe I should've called first, like Josh had said I should've done.

"Well I guess I just have to ask Lil for now." I smiled down to my beautiful princess. She's getting so much bigger and older. It's weird to think that in a couple of weeks my, my baby girl is going to be ten. Now that sure does make me feel old.

"Ask me what Daddy?" Lily said as she frowned slightly, I chuckled as I wiped the flour off the tip of her nose. At least she's enjoying herself, my girls love to bake and try to get every chance to do it. They'll be glad to hear that Mum has come home, they are her little helpers.

"Well, it's been a very long last few days. I spent last night in the hospital with Kenna. Her apartment was set on fire." as I said that, I heard Tahni gasp and then walk over to where I was standing with Lily. She too was coated in flour.

"Is she alright? And the baby?" her voice full of panic as she placed her hand on my arm. 

"Was it that one that was on the news?" Lily asked, I could see that she was starting to get upset about it. It would've been easier to tell them altogether, now that the twins aren't here, I'll be repeating this again to them.

"Yes it was. Kenna and the baby are fine. She's at home with Aunty Ash. This is why I wanted to come here and talk to you. I wanted to know if it was alright if Kenna moved in with me, well with us." I kept my voice soft and hoped that she would say that it was alright. It would be a little awkward telling Kenna that my girls don't want her to live there. But in the end, they would've had to deal with it anyway. Kenna is my finace and she is having my baby.

"Why are you asking? Mum never asked us when Josh moved in." Lily said as she gave her mother a look and then turned back to me. I raised my brows and directed my eyes to Tahni, she frowned and glared a little toward Lily. I bet she never expected her to say that. It's the decent thing to do, it's their home too and I want them to have a say in what goes on there as much as I do.

"Because I didn't want to upset you. It's been a big year for all of us and I was only thinking of you." I said as I reached for her hands and squeezed them gently. A smile formed on her face and I knew then that she was going to say it was okay. 

"It's alright Dad. I like Kenna." she smiled and then stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me again. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Now I just have to ask my little Ems and Roo. I'm sure they'll be alright with it as well. If Lily does, they will. It seems to be a pattern with them, the twins do like to listen and do whatever big sister does. Which I kind of hate and love all at once.

"Well that's a relief. She wasnted me to tell you that she misses you." I grinned as I kissed the top of her head. That's one weight lifted, I even feel better now that I've asked that very important question. I looked over to the door that's between the kitchen and the living room and saw Josh standing there with his arms over his chest. He must think he's cool trying to look all macho and shit. What a tosser.

"It's good that you're here. We need to discuss something important with you." she said as she moved to the table and sat down. Josh followed her and sat beside her, he must have put Lucy somewhere because she's not attached to him anymore. I guess he had put her to bed, because it was very quiet here now.

"Should I be sitting for this?" I joked but lost the smile when she looked his way and then back at me with a serious face. Lily was holding my hand, so when I sat on the chair I popped her up my lap. It seems as if she's grown a few more inches since I last saw here and her ass is bony.

"We're moving to Perth." Tahni blurted out. My heart stopped and then I felt my whole body slump on the chair. The grip I had around Lily tightened as the word Perth rolled over and over in my head.

"We will be leaving at the end of the month." Josh added and smiled. I don't care when, all I can think about is whether they are going to be taking the girls. I was trying to get my head around the announcement. Does that mean that they'll be taking my girls with them? I don't want my babies living on the other side of the country. It's bad enough now and they are only a ten minute drive and only get them a week at a time.

"What?" I barely spat that word out as my heart was beating like crazy in my chest. It felt like I was about to throw up at any second and all I wanted to do was take my girls and run. Maybe I'm hearing things?

"We're moving to Perth, Josh got an awesome job offer over there and we decided that it was the best for us." Tahni said as she smiled lovingly to Josh, he had put his hand on hers that was resting on the table. Lily seemed to be just relaxing on my lap as I felt like I was about to have my daughters taken away from me. It's hard enough now having them for one week and then missing them for the time they are with their Mum.

"What's best for you? What about me?" I don't want to let them see how much it was hurting, just thinking of all the possibilities about their so called move is killing me. Tahni was about to say something but my phone started blasting with the ring tone I have set for Ash. I quickly reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone as I stood up but still held on tightly to Lily. She was trying to squirm her way out of my grip but I never let her move an inch.

"Mummy says Aunt Macs haves baby." the sound of Mia's voice came through the phone. My eyes widening as I processed this bit of information. I think I'm getting a migraine. It took me about five seconds to register Mia's words as i could hear a loud scream in the background.

"JUST GET TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL!" Kenna snapped and I could hear Matt crying as Ash tried to get them both to calm down.

"We'll talk about this later. Kenna's having the baby." I rushed out as I disconnected the call. Lily started jumping up and down and squealed again. I'm still not immune to that noise.

"Go!" Tahni chuckled as I just stood there stunned. Holy shit! My son is coming! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter!

PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT!

Until next time, see you soon!

Heather xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 153 55
My name is Jason. My family and friends call me Jace. I'm just a regular male. I don't really date, because females only want babies or a man last na...
2.5K 227 25
"Rose,"I look up and see Jace staring at me. "What?" I whisper quietly. "Give me the answers to questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8," "That's all of...
270K 4.7K 38
This story is for ONLY 18+. Six couples Six stories A lot of steamy moments... • • • ~ Leila & Joseph ~ Abused by her boyfriend, Leila heads over to...
29M 757K 32
Maybe One Day is now published as a Paperback, and E-book with W by Wattpad Books! ...