Re:Zero Cast Watching Natsuki...

By GoldenFang17

After being transported into another world, Natsuki Subaru has gone through all kinds of pain and died many t... More

An Unwelcome Chamber
I. The End of the Beginning and Beginning of the End
II. Reunion with The Witch
III. Starting Life from Zero in Another World
V. The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant
VI. The Sound of Chains
VII. Natsuki Subaru's RESTART
VIII. I Cried, Cried My Lungs Out, and Stopped Crying
IX. The Meaning of Courage
X. Demoniacally Possessed Methods
XI. Rem
XII. Return to the Capital
XIII. Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru
XIV. The Sickness Called Despair
XV. The Face of Madness
XVI. The Greed of a Pig
XVII. Disgrace in the Extreme
XVIII. From Zero
XIX. Battle Against the White Whale
XX. Wilhelm van Astrea
XXI. A Gamble that Defies Despair
XXII. A Flash of Sloth
XXIII. Nefarious Sloth
XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight
XXV. That's All This Story is About
Into the Future
XXVI. Each One's Promise
XXVII. The Next Location
XXVIII. The Long-Awaited Reunion
XXIX. Parent and Child
XXX. A Step Forward
XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel
XXXII. Friend
XXXIII. The Value of Life
XXXIV. Love Love Love Love Love Love You
XXXV. I know Hell
XXXVI. The Taste of Death
XXXVII. The Witches' Tea Party
XXXVIII. The Sounds That Make You Want to Cry
XXXIX. Straight Bet.
XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe
No One Can Lift a Quain Stone Alone

IV. Harmony of the Roswaal Mansion

15.1K 214 380
By GoldenFang17

Inosuke has returned from the other dimension and bloodstains can be seen throughout his body. This made everyone including Reinhard look at him nervously.

"A-Are you all right... Inosuke sama?" Ferris nervously asked.

"Wh-What's with that much blood seriously?" Julius asked.

"Hah?! Do you think these blood around my body are my wounds?! These are the blood of the demons I killed! And they're so meaty to deal with. Muwahahaha!" Inosuke exclaimed.

'Meaty?!' Everyone thought.

"Just clean yourself up and we'll start the next episode." Scorpio said.

"Right! And hey Red-hair! Your sword really does have an unfathomable power! But, I can still say that that sword of yours doesn't stand a chance against mine! Don't worry, I have returned it safely on where we hid it." Inosuke said.

"O-Oh. I see." Reinhard chuckled nervously.

The scene now started as Subaru wakes up in a room and stares at the ceiling.

"I don't know this ceiling." Subaru uttered. He sat down and starts to look around him as he is in a big room with some modern furniture around him.

"The wound on my stomach is gone... Everything considered it must've been her. Emilia's healing power eh?" Subaru asked. He went out of his room and sees a long hallway and some paintings on the wall.

"Well, at any rate, it seems I got out of using Return by Death this time... But normally, wouldn't you wake up to a girl by your bed asking, "Are you awake," after she'd cared for you all this time?

For a story about being summoned to another world, it's kinda flawed." Subaru uttered while walking on the hallway. He noticed while walking, he saw the same painting again from when he came out from his room.

"Flawed but with dark content." Katsuki said.

"What do you mean?" Ricardo asked but Katsuki didn't reply.

"A looping hallway... One of those things where I can't leave until I find the right room? The typical pattern says that the first door is likely to be it!" Subaru said as he opens the door without hesitation and sees a little girl with long cream-colored hair that she has tied in two twin drills along with blue eyes that have a butterfly pattern at the center. She wears a frilled dress with pink ribbons, tights, and shoes. A tiny crown lays latched upon the rear right side of her hair, with a butterfly-shaped ribbon joining her cape at her sternum.

"What a profoundly aggravating man you are, I suppose." The girl said.

"First NPC found! With that cold attitude, you're gonna ruin your cute face. Come on, smile... Smile." Subaru said and teaches her how to smile.

"NPC?" Emilia asked.

"NPC stands for Nonplayer Character. Which means, he thought of her as a character of a game which isn't controlled by another player." Madara replied.

"So he is thinking again that he's still inside a game?" Al asked.

"Sad to say but yes. Just deal with it." Inosuke said.

"A derisive sneer is the only smile worth giving you." The girl said.

"Are you mad because I guessed correctly on the first try? I've always been a pretty lucky guesser... I can understand why the game master would want me in all the events, but sorry! So, what is this place, anyway?" Subaru asked but didn't notice that the girl started to get angry at every word he spouted.

"I suppose that his words are quite annoying for my taste." Beatrice said.

"The more you get angry, the cuter you are." Scorpio said.

"Thank you for the compliment, Mr. Scorpio." Beatrice said in her usual tone.

'Does she feel emotions or what?!' The gorefield thought.

"Hmph, it's Betty' multi-purpose room, both library, and bedroom, I suppose." The girl replied.

"Talk about your token response. Are you one of the manual girls everyone's into now?" Subaru asked.

"Betty's had just enough. Time to teach you a lesson, I suppose." The girl said as she starts to approach Subaru in a pissed but cute manner.

"Uh oh. Better run away, Subaru. Puck said.

"Betty will do something good on that scene. Beatrice said.

"Yeah, and what would it be?" Felt asked.

"Hey, what are you gonna do?" Subaru asked nervously.

"Don't you dare move. Anything you'd like to say?" The girl coldly asked.

"D-Don't hurt me." Subaru begged. The girl touches his stomach and suddenly paralyzes him with electricity and making him fall down.

"Don't hurt me and then she hurts him. Meh!" Inosuke said.

"Betty did that on a purpose I suppose." Beatrice said.

"What did you do to me, you drill loli?" Subaru asked in pain.

"I only collected the mana from your body, I suppose. It confirmed that you are not an enemy." The girl replied.

"You're not human, are you? And I don't mean your personality..." Subaru uttered.

"She looked like one but she's an artificial spirit." Roswaal said.

"But a cute loli!" Scorpio exclaimed.

"Loli?" Beatrice asked.

"Only us Gods can know the meaning of it." Scorpio said, making some people pout at him.

"It took you long enough to notice, I suppose." The girl said.

"I take it back... Your personality isn't human, either." Subaru uttered.

"Do not measure a proud, noble being by your standards, human." The girl said as Subaru loses consciousness. He now wakes up once again in the same room.

"You just killed him." Al said.

"Betty didn't kill him. I suppose that I just gave him a proper introduction of myself." Beatrice said.

"But could you be a little gentle to him? Being strict always makes you age further. Even if you're a spirit." Inosuke said.

'Lies.' The gods thought.

"I know that ceiling." Subaru said.

"Oh, he has awakened, Sister." One girl said.

"Indeed, he has awakened, Rem." Another girl said.

"I, a denizen of the night, waking in the morning? I'm getting all emotional... I'd better go to sleep a second time. No, I woke up earlier, so that'll be the third." Subaru said.

"My, what a deadbat thing to say. Did you hear that, Sister?" One girl asked.

"Yes, truly a loser's words. I heard him, Rem." Another girl replied.

"Forgive me if I said those words, Barusu." Ram said.

"Of course he will." Rem said with a smile.

'Hope he sees us here, watching his life, and see our mistakes on him.' Rem thought.

"All right! Who are these two voices that keep criticizing me in stereo?!" Subaru asked in annoyance as he sees two maids that have the same face but different hair colors doing a pose on him.

"N-No way... Maid costumes exist in this world, too? In my mind, maids were always the very personification of elegance! This ain't so bad, either!" Subaru said proudly.

"How terrible. You are being violated in our guest's mind, Sister." The blue-haired maid said.

"It is terrible. You are experiencing the ultimate shame in our guest's mind, Rem." The pink-haired maid said.

"The first time I saw these two maids, I thought they'll be a pair of weirdos." Inosuke said.

"But they aren't. One acts seriously and one acts with surprising kindness." Katsuki said.

"I am not as serious as always!" Ram said.

"I am really kind as always!" Rem said.

"No one asked for you to talk!" Inosuke and Katsuki yelled and now their faces are being bumped by Madara.

"Shut up and treat them with respect." Madara said.

"Y--Yeah." The two uttered.

"Don't underestimate my capacity. You're both fair prey in my fantasies..." Subaru said while doing some weird finger moves when someone knocks on his door and it is known to be Emilia.

"Can't you wake up more peacefully, Subaru?" Emilia asked. Subaru looked at her and gets amazed by her dress.

"Whoever picked that outfit totally gets it!" Subaru exclaimed.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but the fact that I know it's something stupid is disappointing." Emilia said.

"Listen to this, Miss Emilia. My dear sister was just violated by that man." The blue-haired maid said while pointing Subaru.

"Please listen to this, Miss Emilia. Rem was held prisoner and shamed by that man." The pink-haired maid said while pointing Subaru.

'They really act like a weirdo!' Everyone except the maids' thoughts.

"We're just teasing him!" Rem said, making the situation explained to everyone.

"Eh? Who cares?" Inosuke asked, making Rem do the anime fall.

'Such a bad god!' Rem thought.

"And you two, don't tease him too much." Emilia said and walked towards Subaru.

"Yes, Miss Emilia. My sister is very sorry." The blue-haired maid said.

"Yes, Miss Emilia. Rem is sorry, as well." The pink-haired maid said.

"Subaru, are you feeling all right? Does anything feel off?" Emilia asked.

"Huh? Oh, I'm just a little groggy from oversleeping. You saved me, didn't you, Emilia-tan?" Subaru asked.

"Huh? "Tan?" What does "tan" mean?" Emilia asked.

"Uh, you can just ignore that one. Seriously, though, thanks. You saved me." Subaru said and bowed to Emilia.

"In their world, tan is like a word to express formality towards anyone. I think your world has a different name or way to call someone with formalities." Scorpio said.

"Oh, I see." Emilia said.

"No, I'm the one who should thank you. You barely know me, but you risked your life to save me. It's natural I would heal your wounds afterward." Emilia said.

"Then, once again, I guess it's time to start a new day!" Subaru exclaimed. The scene now changed on the outside of the mansion.

"This place really is huge... The yard isn't so much a yard as a field." Subaru said as he stretches his legs

"Those are unusual movements. What are you doing?" Emilia asked.

"My homeland's ancient practice of warm-up exercises. Come on, Emilia-tan! Join me! Radio calisthenics, number 2... Bounce on both feet to loosen up your body!" Subaru said as he does a mini-jump repeatedly.

"Huh? You're kidding! What is that?" Emilia asked.

"Warm-up?" Tivey asked.

"Exercise?" Hetaro asked.

"It looks interesting! Let me try it!" Mimi said as she stretched her legs and some cracks can be heard.

"Oooh! My legs are fired up now!" Mimi exclaimed.

"Huh? B-But how? It seems like you broke your legs." Tivey said.

"Nope! It made me more flexible!" Mimi said.

"Just do what I do. I'll drill the essence of radio calisthenics into you!" Subaru said as they did some exercises and the driller-looked hair girl sees them from the mansion.

"Now, raise both arms and shout, "Victory!" Subaru exclaimed as he raised his hands and yelled.

"V-Victory!" Emilia yelled as well.

"Victory! Victory! Victory! Hi, Subaru! Great morning isn't it?" Puck surprisingly asked as he came out in surprise.

"Well, since the wee hours of the morning, it's been nothing but chaos for me. Looping hallways and a mean little girl on a rampage... And then, shedding the sweat of passion with Emilia-tan." Subaru said while blushing.

"Don't make it sounds so scandalous! Good morning, Puck. Sorry I put you through so much yesterday." Emilia said.

"Morning, Lia. I almost lost you yesterday. I can never thank Subaru enough. I must do something for him." Puck said.

"Okay, then... Let me pet your fur whenever I want!" Subaru said.

"Huh?" That's all?" Emilia asked.

"Unlike the other people we met, Subaru only wishes for simple things that we didn't expect. Such a strange, yet a humble man." Emilia said.

"I wish that he'll pet my fur once again soon. But I think it wouldn't happen again because the gods decided not to let us see him again." Puck said.

"I hope they'll change their minds about that. I just want to thank him and see him again." Emilia said.

"For a first-rate fur master such as myself, being able to love on the object of your petting affections anytime is worth as much as a multimillionaire's riches! Oh, man, these ears... I'm in love with how soft you are." Subaru said as he pets and rubs his face on Puck's fur.

"Since I can kind of read your mind, I know you feel that way, but I'm amazed you can say it! It's okay, Lia. I can't find any malice, hostility, or ill-intent in Subaru." Puck said.

"It's so cute how you call her "Lia," too." Subaru said.

"Not as cute as your "Emilia-tan"!" Puck said.

"You really are strange, Subaru." Emilia said.

"Huh?" Subaru asked but Emilia just smiled at him, making him blush at her smile.

"Oh? What brings you two here?" Emilia asked as the two twin maids have appeared on them.

"Miss Emilia... Our lord, Master Roswaal, has returned. Please come inside." The two said simultaneously.

"That's creepy!" Inosuke exclaimed.

"Creepy?" Ram asked.

"The way you two talk!" Inosuke said.

"How about our big gore friend here?" Katsuki asked.

"Uhm... Nasty." Inosuke replied.

'Nasty?!' Scorpio thought and now clips his pinchers in anger.

Subaru entered the dining room as someone was already in there.

"I was watching you from upstairs, and you know what? It would seem you are quite dumb, I suppose." The little girl said.

"Where did you get off saying that, you loli?!" Subaru asked.

"What does that word mean? I have never heard it before, and it irritates me." The little girl said.

"Hey, Betty. I haven't seen you in four days. Have you been doing well and staying ladylike?" Puck asked as he and Emilia arrived.

"Bubby! I've been waiting for you to come home. Will you stay with me today, do you suppose?" The little girl is known to be as Beatrice/Betty said with excitement.

"Sure, no problem. Let's finally relax together today." Puck said as he jumped into Betty.

"Yay!" Beatrice exclaimed in happiness as she danced in joy with Puck.

"That driller hair brat's weakness is that talking cat? How amusing." Katsuki said.

"Driller? Madara asked.

"I can't explain further on her but the way how her hair looks." Katsuki said.

"And your hair looks like a frozen explosion." Inosuke said.

"Hah?! Wanna beat yourself again, shitbag?!" Katsuki angrily asked.

"And the bomb has blasted." Inosuke said.

"Bewildered, aren't you? Beatrice is so taken with Puck." Emilia said.

"Who even says "bewildered" nowadays?" Subaru asked.

"My, my! How unusual to see you here, Beatrice... I'm so happy you've decided to dine with me." A man suddenly said as he stood between Emilia and Subaru.

"That boy is more than enough of an addle-brained fool for me, I suppose. Betty was only waiting for Bubby!" Beatrice said.

"You guys hired a clown to entertain you before each meal? I'll never understand how rich folks think." Subaru said as he pats the back of the man.

"How disrespectful he is!" Crusch said.

"Such an idiot for treating Roswaal-dono like that!" Priscilla said.

"My, my. Don't mind that event. He doesn't even know me yet at that moment." Roswaal said.

'I really don't trust this joker.' Madara thought while looking at Roswaal.

"Um, Subaru, that man is..." Emilia uttered.

"Oh, no... It's quite all right, Miss Emilia..." The man said.

"What's going on?" Subaru asked.

"Only that I am the lord of this manor, Roswaal L. Mathers, Natsuki Subaru-Kun." The man was known to be as Roswaal said on Subaru. They have now taken a meal in the morning as Subaru takes a sip of the food.

"This is way better than normal food!" Subaru said.

"Does their world have great cooks like Rem over here?" Roswaal asked.

"Yes, there are. There are also people who are known to be world-class chefs on their world and can cook to the fullest." Katsuki replied.

"I wonder how their food tastes like." Emilia said.

"And there's one quote here that made the other chefs idolize this man. He said that "Repeating trial and error and failing many times... it's that process which makes the dishes shine." Madara said.

"That man is a chef too?" Anastasia asked.

"Yeah. Despite him losing sometimes to his father on a cooking battle, he still believes that he can go further and be one of the best chefs." Inosuke said.

"That man doesn't give up always eh?" Ricardo asked.

"Despite her appearance, Rem's cooking is quite impressive." Roswaal said.

"So this was cooked by the one with blue hair... Um, Rem-chan, right? You made this?" Subaru asked.

"Yes, sir. I do the cooking in this house. My sister is not very good at cooking." The blue-haired twin named Rem said.

"Ah, twins who are good at different things! Is your sister good at cleaning, then?" Subaru asked.

"Yes, that is correct. My sister excels at housework, particularly cleaning and laundry." Rem replied.

"So, Rem-rin, you're good at cooking, but bad at cleaning and laundry?" Subaru asked.

"No, I am generally good at all household tasks. I am also better at cleaning and laundry than my sister." Rem replied.

"Does your sister even have a purpose?" Subaru asked.

"He's being blunter on his words." Al said.

"That's why I really don't like him." Priscilla said.

"No one likes you too, jerk." Inosuke said.

"Oof." Al uttered.

"What do you mean no one likes me? Maybe you're the one who everyone hates, Inosuke sama, despite you always hide your face on us all. Are you afraid to let us see how ugly you are?" Priscilla asked.

"What the... How dare she talk like that?" Katsuki asked.

"Oh? So you wanna see my face then..." Inosuke said in a godly voice, making everyone tremble.

"Not this time, Inosuke. Just let that bitch bark till she gets tired. Fufufufu." Scorpio said.

'What a relief!' Everyone thought.

"You are truly a strange young man... You come to the mansion of Margrave Mathers, in the kingdom of Lugunica, but you claim to understand nothing!" Roswaal said.

"Is something bad happening in this country?" Subaru asked.

"Well, it is not in an agreeable state. After all, Lugunica's king is currently not present. No, there's no need to be concerned... Everyone is already quite aware of the reality." Roswaal said.

"Really? I expected a "Now that you know my secret, I can't let you leave here alive" thing." Subaru said.

"Around the same time that the king went into hiding, an epidemic began spreading through the castle! The king and his children are the last of his line. A council of wise men currently manages the nation, and they are now in the process of selecting a new king!" Roswaal said.

"I see. I'm starting to get the picture. On top of the king's absence, the royal selection is causing confusion in the kingdom. Then, suddenly, I appear from another world-- Wait, I'm totally suspect here!" Subaru said.

"And on top of all that, you made contact with Miss Emilia, thus becoming connected to my household!" Roswaal said.

"Wait, why would the lord of the mansion call her "Miss Emilia"?" Subaru asked.

"It's only natural to address someone of higher status with all due respect..." Roswaal said.

"Um, so Emilia-tan would be..." Subaru uttered.

"My current status is a candidate to become the Kingdom of Lugunica's forty-second ruler, with Margrave Roswaal's backing." Emilia said.

"Better he treat Miss Emilia with respect or I'll kick him out of the mansion I suppose." Beatrice said.

"I would love to see him act in that way. Because in that way, I can feel myself at ease." Emilia said.

"And also, you can feel that strange personality of his in a funny way." Rem added.

"What?!" Subaru yelled in shock.

"Sorry to surprise you. I wasn't trying to keep it a secret." Emilia said as she puts the insignia on the table.

"Hey, it's that insignia." Subaru uttered.

"This qualifies one to be a candidate for king. It's a touchstone for determining if one is worthy of the throne." Emilia said.

"Wait, Emilia-tan, you lost an insignia that qualifies you to rule the kingdom?" Subaru asked in an uneased tone.

"Don't put it like that! I didn't lose it! It was stolen from me by a thief!" Emilia defended.

"That's the same thing! And what if you lose that thing, anyway? Will a government office issue you another?" Subaru asked.

"Oh, my! If you'd lost it, then there would be no doubt... If it were thought that one who can't even protect a tiny insignia can't be entrusted with the nation's rule, that would be the end." Roswaal said.

"Now that I think about it, I did a damn good job. This totally raises my expectations for a reward..." Subaru said as he does the weird finger movements.

"Those cringy fingers tell me that his reward is going to be a naughty one." Julius said.

"For real? How can you tell?" Felt asked.

"Yeah, you're right. You were my true savior. So ask for anything." Emilia said.

"You may have any reward you request. Merely state your desire!" Roswaal said.

"In that case, I have but one request. Hire me to work in this mansion!" Subaru said. A moment of silence suddenly oozed the room after hearing his wanted reward.

"Achoo." Beatrice sneezed to break the silence.

"What?!" Some royalties asked.

"W-Work in your mansion? Is he dead serious?" Anastasia asked.

"Jeez, what's he up to?" Al asked.

"He deserves to work in that mansion. Because he looks like a worker and a lowling for me." Priscilla said.

"No matter the reason is, I believe that he has his own beliefs on what he's doing." Crusch said.

The scene now changed to the closet room where Subaru wears his uniform as he is now going to work on Roswaal's Mansion.

"That isn't quite right... Wasn't there anything else that fits you, Subaru?" Emilia asked.

"Oddly, some of the girls' stuff fits me, but..." Subaru said as the sleeve on his arm is too long for him.

"Our deepest apologies, sir. I mean, Subaru." Rem said.

"You look quite ridiculous sir. I mean, Barusu." The pink-haired girl said.

"Barusu? What's with the name?" Wilhelm asked.

"Making fun of him." Al said.

"I see." Ricardo said.

"Um, Nee-sama, you just turned my name into a blinding curse." Subaru said.

"Rem, looking at Barusu's ridiculous appearance, do you notice anything?" The pink-haired maid asked.

"His shoulders are shaped funny, his legs are short, and his eyes are scary?" Rem replied.

"I can't do anything about two of those!" Subaru said.

"Even his attitude is scary." Ram said.

"But not as always!" Rem said.

"I wonder if maids like you exist in their world. Maybe Subaru-Kun will be happy if he met those people" Roswaal sama.

"We cannot allow you to work here in such shady-looking attire. People would question Lord Roswaal's dignity.  Let us alter the jacket, at least. Rem, if you, please." The pink-haired maid said.

"All right, I have to study for the royal selection. Good luck with your work, too, Subaru." Emilia said.

"Yep, leave it to me, Emilia-tan." Subaru said.

"I shall take your measurements. Stand still and keep your back straight." Rem said while stretching a tape measurer. She puts it now behind Subaru and he suddenly hot tickled.

"Please refrain from strange noises. It's unpleasant." Rem said.

"That was beyond my control... This is awkward for a guy in multiple ways!" Subaru cried.

"This is the VIP room. This is the bathing room. This is the kitchen. And this is the lavatory." The pink-haired maid said as she shows all those rooms on Subaru.

"In a mansion like this, the restroom must be huge." Subaru said as he opens the door and suddenly sees Beatrice on the bed with Puck on her.

"You're so great, Bubby! Your fur is the best--" Beatrice was stopped as she sees Subaru opening the door.

"Secrets spoiled!" Felt exclaimed.

"What?!" Beatrice yelled.

"Seeing her with that spirit on that bed makes me think of something strange." Rom said.

'What's with this old man?!' Everyone thought and now slowly moves away from him.

"Don't worry. I won't tell a soul. The feel of that fur would make anyone--" Subaru was stopped as he was kicked away by Beatrice.

"Hey! Let me finish!" Subaru yelled and now ran back again to the door but now, after opening it, he sees it now as the toilet room.

"That was Miss Beatrice's Door Crossing." The pink-haired maid said.

"So it's  a spell that can connect any door in the mansion to her room?" Subaru said.

"Once Miss Beatrice has eliminated her presence, there is no way to find her without trying every door in the mansion." The pink-haired maid said. Subaru sees another door and after opening it, he sees Beatrice's room once again.

"That was impressive, Subaru..." Puck said.

"You picked the right door again?" Beatrice asked angrily.

"Subaru isn't an ordinary guy. He knows anything around him like he's in the game he always says." Rem said.

"Betty's not always safe if that stupid keeps coming in my room." Beatrice said.

"You are going to feel better with him if you just make him introduce himself more to you." Scorpio said.

"And that gives me no purpose for it, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"What did I tell you? I'm a flag-crusher who makes game masters cry." Subaru said.

"I don't understand what you're saying!" Beatrice yelled.

"I don't know who you are, either.  Ros-chii's little sister?" Subaru asked.

"I'd never want to be his sister, I suppose! Hmph!" Beatrice pouted.

"Ros-chii? How rude he is!" One knight said.

"Why he really acts in that way?" Another knight asked.

"He may act like one but he has abilities that only he can achieve and won't be mastered by you knights." Roswaal said.
"Betty is the librarian who oversees the Roswaal mansion's forbidden library." Puck said.

"Lord Roswaal is the greatest magic user in the kingdom. He has many books that must not be seen by others. Miss Beatrice is contracted to protect them." The pink-haired maid said.

"If you get it now, then go away." Beatrice said and now closes the door.

"This concludes our tour of the mansion. Any questions?" The pink-haired maid asked.

"I know it's no use saying this after it's over, but shouldn't Emilia-tan be the one with me for the tour event?" Subaru asked.

"She just wants to have more time with her love." Ricardo said.

"Eh?! If I am not busy at that time, why not?" Emilia said.

"Are you sure?" Katsuki asked.

"Y-Yeah!" Emilia replied.

"If you have no questions, let us get to your actual job. You will help me with my work, Barusu." The pink-haired maid said and walked past through Subaru.

"This must be where my hidden skill as a butler reveals itself!" Subaru exclaimed.

"My work today is caring for the front yard and garden, helping to prepare lunch, polishing the silver, airing the futons, laundry, bathroom cleaning, and the mansion's monthly soot cleaning." The pink-haired maid said in a fast forward way where Subaru can't keep up. Afternoon came and Subaru's work has now come to an end.

"I'm exhausted..." Subaru uttered as he lands himself on his bed. When someone knocks on his door.

"This is Rem. Do you have a moment, Subaru?" Rem asked.

"Sure, I'm good! I won't do anything weird, so come on in." Subaru said.

"Your permission actually makes you sound less credible. Pardon me, then." Rem said as she enters the room and carrying a cloth on her.

"You already finished it?" Subaru asked.

"When it is Lord Roswaal's clothing, my priority is to take care. But since this is yours..." Rem uttered.

"Did you just imply that you cut corners?" Subaru asked as he wears the suit now on himself.

"I hate to admit it, but it's perfect. Well? Do I look good?" Subaru asked.

"Combined with the rarity of gray clothes, no one in any kind of strange garment could rival you." Rem replied.

"Okay! Not a compliment at all!" Subaru said.

"That looks good for him actually!" Rem said.

"Huh? Now you complimented him? Even if you're the one who said that?" Russell said.

"Who cares? For as long as he looks good." Rem said.

"What shall we do with that?" Rem asked.

"This one's easy. Got a needle and thread?" Subaru asked.

"I brought them. Shall I repair it now?" Rem asked.

"Nah, I'll do it. Don't underestimate my sewing skills..." Subaru said as he starts to sew now his clothes.

"I am surprised. I must give you full remarks for your sewing. Like you, however, it does not seem very useful." Rem said. The next day as Subaru slices a potato, he accidentally wounds himself.

"Ow!" Subaru cried in pain.

"You may get full marks for sewing, but you are still useless with a knife, Barusu." The pink-haired maid said.

"As always, you make such a lovely image when peeling vegetables, Sister." Rem said.

"Your bias is so blatant, it's almost comforting! I'd like a comment on my work, too!" Subaru said.

"I pity the farmer who grew those vegetables." Rem said.

"Stop! You're breaking my heart!" Subaru whined.

"You do not know how to handle a knife, Barusu. You should hold the knife still, turning the vegetable. Frankly speaking, my best dish is steamed potatoes." The pink-haired maid said while showing perfect sliced potatoes.

"How can you say that with such a triumphant look? Damn it, just watch. My favorite blade, Shooting Star, will show you a thing or two--" Subaru was stopped again as he wounds his fingers again.

"It sliced right through me!" Subaru cried. Subaru now started to clean the whole house crazily and ended the day with some injuries.

"He may be a hardworking man but, sometimes, you can't avoid the mistakes he does on his chores." Roswaal said.

"People aren't perfect. But the way he acts, he makes himself look like one." Ram said.

"But his hardworking skills are admirable for me." Rem said.

The scene now changed to the evening as Roswaal is talking to the pink-haired maid in a dark room.

"It's been five days since Subaru-Kun came to the mansion. How has he been? By now, we should be  seeig something." Roswaal said.

"Cooking, laundry, cleaning. He is useless at all of them." The maid replied.

"How strict of you... And? What of his potential as a spy?" Roswaal asked.

"Spy? So you believed that he is one?" Emilia asked.

"Let me explain about this Miss-" Roswaal said but was stopped by Inosuke's hoof stomp.

"Shut up you assholes and just watch the show, dammit!" Inosuke roared.

"Better don't mess with this big bad freak." Katsuki sighed.

"I cannot deny it exists, but I believe the possibility is slim. For better or worse. Specifically for worse, he is too conspicuous." The maid said.

"And if he's too conspicuous... Despite that possibility, he certainly is carefree. As I personally see it, interfering would be wise." Roswaal said.

"They are only children. Even if we let them be, nothing will happen." The maid said. Emilia now can be seen interacting with the spirits and Subaru watches over her.

"It isn't that fun to watch, is it? Emilia asked.

"When I'm with you, nothing is boring, Emilia-tan." Subaru said.

"Of course because you love her!" Katsuki said.

"H-How much Subaru loves me...?" Emilia asked.

"He does, more than you know." Katsuki replied.

"If only Rem loved him and they--" Inosuke was pinned down by the gods.

"E-Eh?!" Rem yelled while blushing.

"Don't mind him. I'll beat him later!" Katsuki said while pinning.

"Monjiroooo!!!" Inosuke roared while his mouth is being covered

"That makes me happy, even if you're only flattering me." Emilia said and now stopped.

"Besides, we haven't had a chance to talk for the past few days." Subaru said.

"That's right. It must be difficult for you to learn your work here." Emilia said

"Yes, it is! It's killing me! I wish I could be sequentially comforted in your arms, on your chest, and on your lap--" Subaru said in a pleading voice but was stopped by Emilia.

"Yeah, yeah. If you can joke around like that, you must be fine." Emilia said and pokes Subaru's forehead, making him act to fall down to the ground.

"The moon sure is pretty." Subaru said.

"Yes, it's far beyond our reach." Emilia said.

"I got a really touching response, without even trying!" Subaru said.

"Anyway, don't you think you're a bit lacking in ambition? Like that time with Puck, and in the capital, when you asked for my name." Emilia said.

"You just don't get it, Emilia-tan... I want what I want at that exact moment, and I want it from the bottom of my heart." Subaru said.

"Huh?" Emilia said.

"At the time, I wanted to know your name. In a new land, nervous, and unsure of the future, I had no expectations for tomorrow. When I think about it calmly, there were probably other things I should have wanted. But I can't lie to myself.

Same with the request I made to Ros-chi... I'm flat broke right now. I could cheat him out of a fortune and live it up, but I can just as easily obtain a source of livelihood, right?" Subaru said.

"He can easily live as a permanent guest in our residences if he wanted to." Roswaal said.

"But he is an idiot to think of it." Ram said.

"In that case, couldn't you have become a permanent guest, rather than an employee?" Emilia asked.

"I never thought of that! Oh, man, talk about pathetic... You should keep your efforts a secret, huh?" Subaru said as he saw Emilia seeing his wounds and now hides it.

"Do you want me to use my healing magic?" Emilia asked.

"Nah, I'm fine like this." Subaru said.

"Why?" Emilia asked.

"It's kind of hard to explain, but... Well, this is the proof of the effort I put in. I don't actually dislike exerting myself, you know. Learning to do something I couldn't do before... Well, it's not too bad." Subaru said.

"He wants to prove more to her and tell her how he really works hard by those wounds. Such geek you are, Subaru!" Felt said.

"If he just wanted more wounds, better tell me earlier." Ram said.

"Such a rude statement from you, nee-sama." Rem said.

"Just kidding." Ram said.

'Maybe I am really wrong at accusing him as a spy before. Forgive me, Subaru-kun.' Roswaal thought.

"That's right. Yes, I think you're right. Really, Subaru, you idiot." Emilia said with a smile.

"Hey, what's with that reaction? This is where you fall for me, all over again." Subaru said.

"I never initially fell for you! Honestly, you're so silly." Emilia said with a smile and petals started to appear.

"EMA..." Subaru uttered.

"Huh?" Emilia asked.

"It's short for "Emilia-tan, major angel." Subaru replied.

"Lame." Everyone said.

"Such weird thinkings he has." Cain said.

"But in a funny way!" Petra said.

"I'm thanking you, and you're joking around again! Anyway, I know you're working hard, but how did you get your hands get so torn up?" Emilia asked.

"I cut this one with knives in the kitchen... And this is from the evening when I went shopping in town, and a little animal some kids were playing with bit me." Subaru replied.

"It wasn't the result of your effort?" Emilia asked.

"Those kids were ruthless, hitting and kicking me, and wiping their runny noses in me. It sucked, damn it." Subaru said.

"I think he means us." Cain said.

"Yes, we are those kids he means." Petra said.

"Because he is so funny to deal with!" Dine said.

"You do seem like you'd be good with small children, Subaru." Emilia said.

"I know! Wanna come with me tomorrow, to get revenge... I mean, to watch the kids and the small animal?" Subaru asked.

"It isn't that I don't want to go with you..." Emilia uttered.

"Then let's go." Subaru said.

"But if I'm with you, it might cause trouble for you." Emilia said.

"Okay, got it! Let's go!" Subaru quickly said.

"He is so annoying!" Priscilla said.

"But if you are on his position, you would do the same to your loved ones too. If you have one." Anastasia said.

"What?!" Priscilla uttered.

"Are you listening to me?" Emilia asked in a little annoyed tone.

"I am! I hang on every word you say, Emilia-tan!" Subaru replied quickly.

"Jeez... Only during a break from my studies and when your work is done, all right?" Emilia said.

"All right! Roger that!" Subaru exclaimed with a big smile and Emilia laughed at his reaction. The scene changed now to Subaru humming and opened the door where Beatrice is.

"Hey, loli girl! You're still up?" Subaru asked.

"So now you can break through my Door Crossing like it's natural, I suppose." Beatrice said in a pissed tone.

"Oh, I just wanted to say hello before going to bed. Can I try that, too?" Subaru asked as he wants to twirl Beatrice's hair.

"Only Bubby may touch me, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"No fair that only you can have fun. Well, I'm in a good mood, so I can let it go--"

"Enough! Just get out of here!" Beatrice yelled and now pushes Subaru outside of the room.

"Poor lad, being thrown again like trash." Al said.

"That's Subaru for you." Julius said.

"Be a little nicer to Subaru Betty, but it seems it's too late for that." Puck said.

"Yeah. I hope that I can change my attitude towards him from before, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"That has nothing to do with Betty, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"For our date tomorrow, I'll have to come up with an excuse to ditch those kids at the village. Oh, but first, I've gotta learn where all the good views and flower fields and stuff are... Crap! I can't sleep while I'm thinking about this! Oh, I know! One Puck... Two Pucks... A hundred and one Pucks..." Subaru uttered till he can as a new day now started on Subaru.

"He's too excited for that moment, I see." Wilhelm said.

"But after thinking such things like that, the opposite of his feelings will be seen." Inosuke said.

"What do you mean?" Russell asked.

"A new dawn has come! A dawn of hope! Natsuki Subaru will make giant strides today..." Subaru stood on his bed with excitement when he noticed the two maids already watching him.

"What?! You were in here? I'm so embarrassed!" Subaru cried.

"Sister, Sister... Our guest appears to be a bit confused." Rem said.

"Rem, Rem... It looks as though our guest has gone crazy." The pink-haired maid said.

"Uh, oh." Ricardo uttered.

"Don't tell me..." Felt added.

"Did he..." Ferris uttered.

"Why are you calling me a guest? You two and your jokes..." Subaru uttered happily but it all stopped as he noticed his wounds being healed once again for no reason and now starts to look in fear and trembling.

'The wounds are gone.' Subaru fearly thought as the screen shows the title "The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family" on it.

"The next episode will be quite bad for Subaru. And it will explain some happenings on why that happened." Madara said.

"Being fooled always by that curse... I can't take it anymore for him!" Rem said.

"P-Please... don't tell me the next one is a bad episode for us." Emilia uttered.

"I can't assure that one. But we'll make our best to explain it all to you with positive vibes." Madara said.

"We shall start now the next episode then. Fufufufu." Scorpio said.

"Creepy!" Everyone yelled.

"Subaru..." Emilia and Rem both uttered.

To Be Continued.

Another chapter is done! I hope you liked this one and also, I think I lack some stuff in here! Anyways, enjoy and have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 61 1
The Witch of Envy decided to capture Subaru's love and affection by whatever means necessary. No matter how cruel and evil. He must be hers. Emilia n...
46.4K 389 21
though we know of Natsuki Subaru we do now he is not the only Natsuki Subaru in the universe. Some are happy though there are some not so much how wi...
10.4K 238 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
9.5K 294 14
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...