Return, Retry, Restart...Cont...

By DarkDespair713

You wanted to be with them. Little did you know, that when real flesh and blood are involved... a world with... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 (FOR REAL)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Recap
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 36

6.6K 312 663
By DarkDespair713

Almost a whole day had passed since the Necronomicon, had been introduced. Things were already becoming an uproar. Almost no one went to dinner last night besides you, Ryoma and Kirumi. Shuichi and Kaito dropped in to get food but quickly left. Even Rantaro didn't show up.

You let out a sigh and moved towards Ryoma who was eating.

"This situation is worse off then I thought huh?" You spoke to him.

"Yeah." Came the dry reply from Ryoma.

You let out a scoff, somehow you thought this would be easier. "So what do you think this whole motive is about? Real or not?"

"Hmph... I don't think that's the issue of this motive."

"Oh?" You tilted your head, to be honest even in your reality this motive was always one of the most confusing ones.

"The real issue is the fact that it targets our fears." Ryoma answered, "Our fear of the unknown will stop us from working together. And since we're all divided on what to do it makes the underlying issue worse."

"So whether we use it or not, we should come to a unanimous decision? In order to overcome this motive?" You thought out loud, "It's an intriguing notion, but I don't know what I would do if it turns out to be real."

Although, it wouldn't be the most bizarre thing to happen to me lately.

Ryoma let our a scoff, "Yeah." He then eyed at me, "You're a pretty big mystery in this place as well."

You hesitated, "Because I don't know my talent or..." you were going to mention what happened to Maki but the words died in your throat.

"Both." He answered, as if he knew what you were going to say. "You never explained how you found out about Kaede and Shuichi's plan. Plus your eyes are filled with regret. Too much regret for how you acted during that trial."

You were speechless, you didn't know that Ryoma was this good at reading people. "What about you? Do your regret killing those people from the mafia?"

"Not for a second. They took everything from me. My family, my talent...even my lover." Ryoma pauses for a second, "My only regret is not keeping them safe."

"I'm sorry..." You trailed off.

"Hmph...it's in the past now. Like how I wanted to die."

You gave a small grin, "Kaito's words got through to you then?"

"Gotta hand it to him. His will is strong." Ryoma noted, "Well I'll be off now, see you tomorrow."

You also bid him farewell as you watched him walk out of the dining hall.

"Is there anything else you need (Y/N)?"

"Ah no, I was just going to make myself some coffee and then head to bed. You can go to your dorm Kirumi."

"It is no trouble, I will make you some coffee."

You opened your mouth to insist you could do it, but you just nodded, Kirumi is the Ultimate Maid after all, perhaps she finds happiness in serving others. It didn't take her very long to produce a cup of coffee and hand it to you. You thanked her, and then watched as she went off to her dorm.

"I suppose I should go to bed now..."

You started walking through the courtyard to get to your dorm. Until you heard voices shouting.

"The student council can't do this! We're free to do whatever we like!" You heard Kaito's boisterous voice echo.

"It's nighttime Kaito, Himiko's murder happened during the nighttime. Therefore we are prohibiting nighttime activity." Angie responded.

"Why you...!"

You stepped in the middle, "I don't think it's right either, Angie you can go ahead and do whatever you want with your student council but don't force others into it! No one cares about Atua besides you and your little group. So at the very least leave everyone else alone."

Angie looked at you darkly, "Be careful (Y/N) Atua might just prove himself to you." She whispered as she walked away.

"Thanks (Y/N) I might've punched her if she went on any longer."

You let out a short chuckle, "Good thing I stopped you then. Anyway continue on with your workout."

"How did you know we were working out? We haven't mentioned it at all to anyone." Shuichi narrowed his eyes at you.

"Ah." You hesitated, thinking about a lie, "I saw you guys earlier."

"So what exercise were we doing?"

"I saw you working out like two days ago I don't remember." You lied, Goddamnit Shuichi! Be quiet! "Anyway, I'm off to bed! I'm tired, good night."

You briskly walked away from the scene, trying to escape the situation. You were aware that this probably made you look even more suspicious... but you didn't care anymore. You let out a sigh as you opened the door to Maki's dorm room. You got ready to go to bed, and then pulled the journal that you've been taking notes in. 

You wrote about how the student council started taking over, along with the fact that Angie approached Shuichi and Kaito alone, rather than with the rest of the student council. You wrote about your encounter with Ryoma, and how it seems like he doesn't care about how the Necronomicon is used. 

"Should I help try and use the Necronomicon? I guess I can come back to life so..." you wondered out loud. "Maki, Kaede, Himiko and Miu. Out of them... who would I revive?" That was a question you didn't want to answer. Maki being revived could reveal the fact about how you lied to everyone about how you found out about her talent. Kaede would be good, but she still would have an obsession with killing the mastermind. Himiko would be a decent choice, simply because she is the only one without any murderous intentions, but... 

I cannot be the only one who got annoyed in trial two when she refused to reveal her magic trick. Although, she was definitely a better character in the end it only happened because Tenko and Angie died... If they don't die she probably wouldn't get any character development. 

Of course, that leave Miu. She would probably be the most useful in terms of talent... but you shuddered as you thought about how she brutally murdered Himiko. 

You pushed those thoughts away, as intriguing as the notion of using the Necronomicon sounds... you weren't going to bother with it when it was in the hands of Angie.        

Suddenly there was a knock at your door. Unhesitatingly you went to open it. Slightly bracing yourself for an attack, you opened the door. 

"Hi (Y/N)! I actually needed you to come see something in the court yard... could you come with me?" The figure at your door asked. 

You blinked, in front of you was Tsumugi, the Ultimate Cosplayer, and the mastermind. 

"What?" You said, not registering what she just asked of you. 

"I said... could you come with me to the courtyard, I need to show you something." she asked. 

You looked at her dead in the eyes. Your gaze was unflinching, as you voiced your response. 

"No." 

And slammed the door in her face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Here's another chapter! 

Hope you guys enjoy! 

Umm... and have a nice day? Not too sure what to say but yeah! 

Thank you for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1.1K 33
An alternate mastermind fic Saiouma Kokichi angst fic because there can never be too many of them Please be safe and don't read this if it could tri...
81.4K 2.8K 25
COVER DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, ALL RIGHT GO TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST!! (SPOILERS) 'The Killing Game......' 'I thought It ended......' 'I'm suppose to be...
704 55 33
Shuichi -when he is a kid- lives with his parents and his uncle in Japan before they had to move to America, where he left his only childhood friend...
3.1K 59 22
"I refuse to give up. I refuse to get bored. I refuse to throw it all away. I refuse to despair. Because all I have going for me is the desire to kee...