Sound of Symphony Contests

By SoundofSymphony

Every Maestro will face many tests and trial error before make a good song, let's make this Contests as the t... More

A Choice To Be [Closed]
Pride in Lyrics [Closed]
Songkran Festival [Closed]
Sound of Fate [Closed]
New Year's Fiesta 2023 [Closed]
Winx Saga Lyrical Contest [Closed]
Sound Of Winter [Closed]
Sound Of Winter - Winners
Results of Last Summer 2020

Last Summer 2020 [Closed]

346 19 3
By SoundofSymphony

We want to know what happened last summer.
That's right, you heard it.

A whole lot of profiles are coming to you with the ultimate collaboration to remind you this summer; what happened in the last one.

Prompt: I know what you did last summer.
[p.s; this is not about Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes, but it can be]

Your story entered for this contest must be new. That means it shouldn't have been published on Wattpad before. It must be original and stories posted prior to this contest will be disqualified.

This is a one-shot; which means you can either post it under a story where you post all your one-shot entry collections or be published as a brand new story.

The language for the entries will be specified under each profile and prompt interpretation.

Pay attention to grammar and spelling, it plays an integral part in judging. Do not forget to be creative!

Mature stories are allowed and should be tagged as such. Make sure they abide by the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

Once you have published your story, you may submit it here.

Make sure to use the tags:
#lastsummer2020 #lastsummercollabs

Deadline: August 15th, 2020.

music: You and your band went on tour last summer and you had a blast. What happens when you get a text from your manager saying I know what you did last summer. What really happened last summer? What do you tell your manager?

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000 words

Language: English

WattpadUrban: Every day you walk past a wall that has graffiti of what you are about to do. But today, it says I know what you did last summer.

Who is after you and do they really know what you did?

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

Additional Prizes: Winning Entry added to our Anthology.

WattpadGaming: You and your friend are excited about the release of the biggest game that has everyone shaking with anticipation. But the day before the event, you get a package and it turns out that someone had sent you the game before it's released to the world. However, when you started playing the game, the screen turned black and words began to appear on the black screen. "I know what you did last summer."

Word Count: 1500-2000

Language: English

PsychologicalNovel: The only person that knows what happened last summer is your best friend. As you struggle to move on from the past and the memories haunt you, your best friend threatens to rat you out to ___________.

Word Count: 5K or less
Genre: Mystery / Suspense / Thriller

Language: English only
Additional Prize: Winning entry will be featured in our "Cognitive Collection" with the other Anthologies.

foodkart: You're the president of an active school council in your high school. Everybody respected you. Until one day, someone from class has left a folded note on your desk. When you opened it, it was a printed picture of you wearing a ridiculous costume while serving food from last summer's part-time job. It was something you were embarrassed about. At the bottom, the note said, "I know what you did last summer."

Word Count: 1500-2000

Language: English only

cupid: You mistakenly shot someone with your arrow who didn't deserve an ounce of love. The warning signs were there but you ignored it and fled the scene. Ensue the chaos.

Word Count: 1500-2000

Language: English only

SecretTreasures: Every 2,000 years on the last day of summer, the government resets the timeline to make the people forget their problems. Last summer, it didn't happen and the world continues on. This year, you receive an unsettling message on your phone with the words: I know what you did last summer.

Word Count: 5k

Language: English

Genre: Open

Additional Prize: Winning entry will be featured in our Anthology

FreeThePOC: You're at the beach when you find and read a message in a bottle. It says, "I'm sorry, but I have to do this." You look up and find yourself sitting in your favorite diner with your best friend on the same day she went missing last summer. You know that you only have an hour before she leaves the diner and you won't ever see her again. Write about it.

Word Count: 1,000 - 3,500.

Language: English

lgbtq: You're taking a summer road trip in a car with five seats. The other four seats are filled with versions of you at various points in your life - past, present, and future. You all recalled last year's life-changing summer.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000 words

Language: English
Additional Prizes: Author interviews alongside winning entry features on our Love Wins Anthology

WattpadAnthologies: Last summer, you went on an outing with your friends. While enjoying yourself walking on the seashore under the heat of the sun, there was an old woman whom you bump that causes her fall. She then stares intimately on your eyes and walks away like nothing happens.Today, upon reaching home from a friend's birthday party, you feel something happened to you—a strange feeling you haven't felt before. What could it be?

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000 words

Language: English

Additional Prizes: Aside from the general prizes, winning entries will be featured in our Anthology Review/Interview.

dystopianapocalypse: Summer has just begun. You have everything planned out from random road trips and filming home movies with your best friends, to traveling the world before the beginning of a new stage in your life. You find, however, that something you did last summer will come back to haunt you and the world will end soon. What happened and how will you spend your final days this summer?

Word Count: Maximum 5,000 words

Language: English

Additional Prizes: Winning entry will be featured in  our "Contest Winners" reading list

beauty: After more than a year, you finally go to the hairdresser. It covers your eyes, massages your head, starts cutting, and then disappears. Intrigued, remove the bandage and find a message written with hair dye on the mirror:

I know what you did last summer.

What have you ever done to make the hairdresser so angry? And how did you get tanned?

Word Count: 1,500 or less.

Language: English-

fanfictionAR:He went up on the stage to receive his award: "The most popular celebrity among young fans". The cheering of fans was loud enough that it covered his wobbling voice when he was casting his thanks to them, and the lights of the sticks shined bright. But suddenly he saw that big sign and its words were in black bold: "I know what you did last summer."

وقف على المنصّة ليستلم جائزته، جائزة أكثر مشهورٍ محبوب بين الأوساط الشبابية، كان هتاف المعجبات عاليًا وأضواء العصي لامعًا، ضجة حماس جمهوره غطّت على صوته المتذبذب وهوَ يلقي كلمة شكره لهم، وفجأة رأى تلك اللافتة الكبيرة حيث كتبت كلماتها بلون أسود عريض: «أعلم ما فعلته الصيف الماضي».

أقصى حد لعدد الكلمات: خمسة آلاف كلمة.

اللغات المقبولة: العربية فقط.

شرط خاص: على القصة أن تُوظِّف شخصية مشهورة فيها، أي أن تُصنًّف في فئة أدب الهواة (أدب المعجبين).

Word Count: 5K or less.

Language: Arabic only.

Special rule: Your story entered for this contest must be fanfiction.

sport: Between hard punches, sweaty skin and a tight training schedule the boxing champion doesn't have time for something else. Focus and forget! But when the champion meets his new opponent, there is nothing that can hold him back. Last summer's memories are blowing his calmness away. "I know what you did last summer," his opponent whispered to him.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

YA: A group of kids who had been friends since first grade left their senior prom and decided to go on a summer road trip before going their separate ways for college. What they never expected was for that road trip to change their lives forever.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

WattpadAfterDark: The messages began arriving 3 weeks ago. They arrived in various forms; email, snail mail, slipped under your bedroom door, etc. Not a day has been skipped and you now have 21 messages repeating, "I know what you did last summer." Life is finally good. Your relationship is stable, you're healthy and feeling safe for the first time in a year. Tell us in 2K words or less what happened last summer, who is sending these messages and how the story resolves itself.

Word Count: 2,000 or less

Language: English

Romance : You're about to get married to the love of your life. You have dreamed of this moment since you were a little girl, there is nothing more you want at that moment. You receive a note as your wedding day comes closer / on your wedding day that says "I know what you did last summer and so will he". What happens next? Who is the note from? Did it say anything else?

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000 words

Language: English

WattpadBroadway: Last Summer you were chasing your dream to go see your favorite Broadway Musical live for the first time—it was more than what you could have imagined it would be. Especially now that a letter has arrived to your home with your name on it. Who sent it? No other but the lead of that Broadway show.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

AmbassadorsAF: You did a lot of traveling around the African continent and now you're back home. You find a strange bag in your luggage that contains letters with the same message. "I know what you did last summer." You brush it aside as nothing, but the letters start to appear at your front door.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language:

TheWarriorGoddess: "Her name echoed across the valley as she touched her finger to the water, answering the lake's calls for her. As soon as she did, a sentence appeared on the surface of the water: "I know what you did last summer."

Word Count: 1500 - 3000 words.

Language: English

NARomance: Last Summer, fresh out of college, you fell in love with someone but they disappeared  - and was presumed dead.

Now you are committed to a new relationship that your family doesn't support because they know what happened last summer.

Tell us what happened last summer

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

YARomance: You are finally at your first date with your crush, when an anonymous message on a social attracts your attention: **I know what you did last summer**.

What did you do last summer and how will it affect your date?

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

SeaOfPositivity: You got saved by someone and when you said thanks that person said, "I know what you did last summer. So, don't thank me.

Word Count: 1,500 - 3,000

Language: English

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY HERE

First Place:

You will receive a shout out on our message board.

You will receive a first-place winner sticker for your story's cover.

Your story will be featured in the respective contest winners' reading list and / or the profile's anthology book.

Honorable Mention:

You will receive a shout out on our message board.

You will receive an honorable mention sticker for your story's cover.

DISCLAIMER

You are allowed to write more than one story, but only one can win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.8K 2.4K 34
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
106K 235 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
209K 4.7K 69
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
94.4K 11.2K 27
"α€žα€°α€€ α€žα€°α€…α€­α€™α€Ία€Έα€™α€Ύ α€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ία€α€¬..." "..............." "α€‘α€Ÿα€„α€Ία€Έ..α€„α€šα€Ία€žα€°α€„α€šα€Ία€α€»α€„α€Ία€Έα€œα€­α€―α€·α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€›α€™α€œα€¬α€Έ..ထတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ α€‘α€α€”α€Ία€Έα€–α€±α€¬α€Ία€œα€­α€―α€· α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€›α€™α€œα€¬α€Έ...α€’α€«α€™α€Ύα€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ί..α€›α€”α€Ία€žα€°α€α€½α€±α€œα€­α€―...