Tie me down (HEAVY EDITING AN...

By LoveForWords__

"May I help you?" I was starting to get annoyed. He looked back and then looked at me. "Who you talking to?"... More

V for Violet
When I see you
You've got potential
That's too bad then.
What you about ?
Help me find the beauty in things.
You're scared of love.
I need your help
Just a picture
And how would you know ?
Im a dumbass
Rodrick's Art Show Part 1
Beauty in Rodrick's eyes
Beauty in Rodrick's eyes 2
Rodrick's Art show part 2
So y'all dating?
I got you Roddy
Bare minimum
Im very hungry
Happy Birthday V!
Happy Birthday Double R
Whats wrong?
Whewwwww
Comeback

Our song

2.5K 146 78
By LoveForWords__

"Rodrickkkkk we've been out all day, can we pleaseee go get some food" 

Rodrick and I have been going out almost everyday for the past month and a half. Someway somehow we've become close friends and I didn't mind it. I learned that he's a sports management major and has been playing football since he was 9. His birthday is two days after mine which makes us both Aquariuses and he's literally obsessed with skittles. Like it's a problem... I think he needs help. 

Our bond was so... comfortable. We would talk all the time and bond over pictures and movies. For halloween I told him I was gonna dress up as Shego so he showed up dressed as Dr. Drakken. Our friends thought that we were dating cause of that cute lil stunt he pulled and I had to assure them a million times that we weren't. 

Over the period of time that I've known Rodrick. I've come to terms with the fact that he doesn't take anyones bullshit, including mine. He's constantly putting me in my place when I get reckless and despite how much I HATE when he does that, it's helped me learn how to calm down. 

"No, we gotta keep looking for things to shoot" I rolled my eyes and groaned. Every time we go out it's strictly to help him with his photography, even though I never get to see any of the pictures... but we not gonna talk about that. Anyways he has a huge assignment that's worth 75% of his grade so he has to do a good job. Basically he has to take a set of pictures that are all in the same theme and present them at this art gallery in a couple months. He was freaking out because he was low key running out of time. In the midst of trying to hurry up and finish this assignment, he chose to do it on nature. I hated the idea but he refused to change it. 

"Pleaseeeee we've been to like 20 different places and I'm tired and hungry and cold." He sighed and finally agreed for us to go get some food. We headed to Wendys and I was way too excited to be getting some food. Finally getting our orders, we sat down to eat. 

"You finally happy, hungry?" 

I laughed and stuffed my mouth with fries. "Yes, you were literally starving me. You do this every time we go out." 

He rolled his eyes at me. "You dragged it fr" He stuffed his camera in his backpack and I watched his every move. "What?"

"So you really not gonna let me see the pictures?"

"When I edit them and shit you'll see me."

"Oh my gosh, you say that every time. How am I supposed to help you if you don't let me give you constructive criticism?" 

"Oh that reminds me, I need to build my portfolio for class, which I should've been doing but I haven't" He shrugged and I shook my head. "I was wondering if you could help me with some photoshoots."

"I'm helping already aren't I? So what's your idea for the photoshoots? What's your muse?"

"You" I choked on my sprite.

"Me?" 

He laughed and patted my back. "Yes, you. You're the only person I know that knows about this photography shit and frankly are the only person I trust to know about it and be my muse for these photoshoots." 

I twisted my lips to the side and looked at him. 

"If you're not comfortable with me sharing your pictures then I promise I'll just keep them for my portfolio for class"

"No I don't mind, I've just never done a photoshoot before. What am I supposed to wear? What am I supposed to do to my hair?"

"First of all bars and second of all don't worry about that. I got a friend that's a fashion major, he could help us with the outfits and I got other people that could do ya hair and makeup and all that."

"Seems like you got this all figured out." He nodded and I chuckled. "Fine, I'll be your muse."

 He flashed me a big smile and I returned it, slightly giggling. "I appreciate it."

"So when do we start?" 

"Next week" 

-

*2 months later*

-

The night of the fundraiser was finally here and I couldn't be more excited/nervous. We had to change the theme of the fundraiser last minute because the people that usually send us our decorations for some fucking reason didn't have anything in the colors that we needed. We were so stressed out and upset but I must say I like the new decor better than what we had in mind. It was classy and elegant. 

I was currently at the event hall. It was really early in the morning and even though I was tired as hell, my nerves wouldn't let me relax until I got up and came to make sure that everything was in order. They were putting up the art pieces and setting up the stage but besides that it looked good. Taking one last look at the place, I figured I should go home and try to get some sleep in before this long, long night. 

Lately I feel like I haven't been able to get any time to myself at all. It's been so many things after the other and truthfully I needed some fucking sleep. 

Getting home, I stripped off my clothes and went to bed. 

-

I got woken up by a loud knocking on my door. I groaned and went to go open it. Kimani, Dearra and Nichole graced my presence. 

"Girl what you doing? We gotta start getting ready" Nichole dropped two duffel bags on the floor. She opened one of them to reveal her makeup. Looking at the time I saw that it was 4 in the afternoon. Did I really sleep for 8 hours? The fundraiser started at 6 so we needed to rush this process. 

"Okay okay, hold on. I gotta shower"

"Dang V, what you been doing all this time?" Kimani looked at me with concern written all over her face. 

"Just sleeping. I didn't realize how tired I was." 

"Yeah that's cause for the past three months you been disappearing with Rodrick to do god knows what." I laughed and shook my head. 

"I'm just helping him with some school work, that's all."

 Nichole rolled her eyes and twister her lips. "Yeah right "school work" 

'I'm serioussss. We're just friends"

"Now y'all friends all day" 

"Okay Nichole because isn't this what you wanted? Isn't this what all of y'all wanted? For us to be cool. So there you go, him and I are cool." 

"We would just appreciate it if you told us whether you're getting dicked down or not." Both Dearra and Kimani turned to look at me as they waited for an answer. 

"Oh my god, I'm not. I swear" 

"Well bitch... Why not?" 

"Nichole. BYEEE" She laughed as I turned around and walked to my bathroom. Getting in the shower, I quickly washed my body and hair as fast as I could. Once I got out, I tied a robe around my body and walked back to the living room where the girls were getting ready. Since Nichole was doing my makeup tonight, I decided to defuse my hair while she got herself together. 

-

*Rodrick* 

Liked by VforViolet, Treywey, KC_True and 483,290 others 

RodrickD: Y'all already know what time it is.

Chrisnobreezy: shit nigga you flyer than me 

                                   - could never be

VforViolet: you wanna be like me SOOO BADDDD

                        -you ugly so not really 

GeorgiaValentine: so cuteeee 

                                     - *liked* 

Walking inside the fundraiser, I was blown away by how good this shit looked. Violet and the rest of the team really did they thing this year. Some of the students were already performing while some people were enjoying the art. 

"Aight dad, Ima go look around" 

"Make sure you greet the Valentine family when you see them." I rolled my eyes and nodded. Looking around I spotted Chris, Nichole, Kimani, Trey and Dearra. 

"Wassup y'all" I dapped everybody up, realizing Violet wasn't with them. "Where V at?"

"Damn nigga, you don't care about us or sum? Just worried about V already." Chris smirked at me and I laughed. 

"Why you worried about my girl" I looked at KC's serious face. 

"Man you know damn we-" 

"Hey guys" Turning around, my eyes fell on Violet. She looks... beautiful. I mean I've seen her all dressed up before for the photoshoots and shit but seeing her always catches me by surprise. 

KC wrapped her arm around her shoulder and tried to kiss cheek. "Ima knock you tf out if you don't back up" He sucked his teeth which made me chuckle. I gotta hand it to him, he's persistent. 

"Sooo I know the theme for tonight changed so I just wanna know why y'all matching?" Nichole stood In-between Violet and I. Looking down at my burgundy shirt, I looked up at Violet's burgundy dress. Our eyes met and she nervously looked away. 

"Just a coincidence I guess" I shrugged and Nichole raised her eyebrows. 

"Yeah we did not plan this." 

"Y'all a motherfucking lie but you know what, it's okay. Ya don't wanna reveal to the world ya dating so it's cool. I thought we were all best friends here, but I guess not." Violet giggled and rolled her eyes. 

"Nichole, must you be so dramatic? There's nothing going on between Rodrick and I, right?" I got stuck staring at her, her naturally curly hair framing her face. Her skin glowing under the lights. Her beauty was different. "Right Rodrick?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, nothing going on. We're cool." Deciding to let it go, Nichole wrapped her arms around Chris and we all started chatting. 

Half an hour later we decided to go look around. 

"You did a good job." Looking at Violet, she smiled proudly, showing off her pearly whites.

"Thank you. I can't take all the credit though." 

"Look at you, remaining humble" She laughed as we kept walking.

"Can you take my picture?"

"I didn't bring my camera." 

"No, on my phone dummy." She passed me her phone and posed. 

"How I look?" 

"Like a tootsie roll" She punched my arm and I mugged her. "Damn... It was just a joke."

"Man fuck you and ya joke" 

"Aight I'm sorry" I tried to reach for a hug and she backed up. "Come on Violet, don't do this. I will chase you for this damn hug" She giggled and kept backing up. "Aight since you wanna play this game." 

I reached out to her again and grabbed her arm. We were play fighting in the middle of a damn fundraiser. 

"Ima call 911 if you don't back up right now." I had her arms behind her back as I wrapped my arms around her tightly. 

"How you gonna call them if you can't move" She tried to wiggle her way off of me and in the process her ass pressed against my dick. 

"Oh my god.. I'm sorry" I let her go and she giggled. "Now I know what to do to get you to get off of me."

"Oh trust me, you don't wanna do that again. Me getting off of you will be the last thing that will happen." Her eyes widened a bit and I smirked as she bit her lip. 

"Rodrick! There you are. My father wants to see you." Georgia interrupted our moment and I almost knocked her ass out. Bitch was so damn annoying. 

"Now?" She nodded yes and wrapped her arm around mine, dragging me away. I turned my head to tell Violet I'd be back but she had already walked away.

-

*Violet* 

The fundraiser was turning out to be a success, we had about an hour left and we had already exceeded the amount of money we needed. 

"You seen Chris?" KC and Trey came up to me while I was looking through the set list. Dearra and Kimani were up next. 

"Nah, why?"

"He tryna match us but his ass disappeared. I'm bout to leave his ass."

"Is it necessary to smoke tonight?"

"Violet honey, my high from when I smoked before I got here is wearing off and I don't like being in boring places sober. So yes it's necessary." Trey said. 

"Alright then" They walked away from me and went outside to go do their business. 

Shortly after, I saw them come back and stand to the side so that nobody could smell them. I sat down at our table as Dearra and Kimani came on stage. 

"Hey y'all. We're Dearra and Kimani and tonight we're gonna sing you an original song called 'Who knew'" I watched as the lights dimmed and the music started playing. People grabbed their partners and began dancing. 

"Never thought you'd be somebody that I..."

"May I have this dance ?" I looked up to see Rodrick extending his hand out to me. I smiled and shook my head. Taking his hand, he lead me to the dance floor. 

"To be honest I don't think you're my type, yet here we are together two different kinds"

With his hand wrapped around mine and my head laying softly on his chest, we slowly swayed to the song. 

"You would call me, started falling 'cause it's different 

And we started something by mistake 

Who would've thought that I could feel this way?

This way about you

Da, da, da, da, da, da, da

Tell me who would've thought of that 

who knew?"

The world seemed to disappear as we danced. "I like this song" I lifted my head to look at him. 

"Yeah me too. This is gonna be our song." 

"Our song?"

"Yeah" He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. What was happening to me?

"Though we're two different drums, we're moving in sync"

My heart slightly fluttered as he stared into my eyes with a look of adoration. He couldn't possibly like me... could he? 

No I doubt it. He's probably just sexually attracted to me, I mean he did say that I do things to him. Maybe he just gets horny around me. He wouldn't be the first guy. I'm used to shit like that happening.

"What you thinking about crazy?" 

"Nothing" I giggled and shook my head. "I'm just hungry" He nodded his head slowly as if he didn't believe me and then moved his hand to my waist, bring me closer to him. My heart was beating so fast I swear the whole room could hear it. 

"I go 'cause my heart knows, 

Way before my mind's in tune

And I go where my heart goes

Didn't know it'd lead to you"

He fit perfectly against my body, like a missing puzzle piece. I enjoyed the feeling of his arms wrapped around me, so you could imagine the disappointment I felt when the song ended and he let me go. I awkwardly stepped back as I clapped and cheered at the girls for doing such a good job.

After the fundraiser was over, nobody mentioned Rodrick and I's dance as we sat in a Wendys eating burgers and fries. 

We laughed and shared stories about tonight's event, and all I can honestly say is. Today has been one of my favorites days. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 15.4K 46
"You thought it was funny ? Teasing me like that ?" Maxine's voice said as she pushed me on my bed and took some steps back . All I could do was look...
18.6K 295 27
I wanted to be anywhere but here, but somehow he made everything more comfortable. I lean back on his couch, still drowning in one of his oversized T...
109K 3.4K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
101 2 20
*Insert dramatic music* Two best friends, normal right? Well not in this case. Love, wasn't a thing in neither of their lives. But when each...