Underneath It All- Tommy Shel...

By Littleredhood93

Amelia Crostwell is usually a woman that knows what she wants until her path is crossed by Thomas Shelby. A m... More

The homecoming
Is this for real?
When you didn't ask for it
A dull ache
Under water we go
The whole damn time
Keeping One Eye Open
A Small Favor With Big Strings
Sweet Revenge
In A War Zone
Is it next time?
Wedding Bells
Out In The Open
Bad For Everyone
Just Say So
Back to Back
Way Back When
Take Me Down
Out In The Open
Saving Us
Here I Am
Equal Parts
Beauty of Pain
In The Night
It's a Protest
We're All A Bit Undone
Moving On
You Don't Understand
Every Dark Cloud
Back To You
A Wake Up Call
Nightmare
Amelia's Secret
Look Into My Eyes
Arrow House
All In All
In The Heat
Under a veil
Baby's Breath
Underneath It All

Walkin' With The Devil

31.9K 756 152
By Littleredhood93

Tommy felt her lips respond back as his fingers weaved into her hair, suppressing the growl in his throat he gently pushed her against the door of the office. Tommy felt her hands on his chest as he guided her backwards and he wanted them to explore him. As her head bumped the door it was like a shock to her body and she felt herself pushing him back. 

Amelia's hands flew up to her mouth, her eyes watering up with tears at the sheer shock of what had transpired. Tommy was stood back, his right hand outstretched to her still but his face was completely neutral. Trying to convey calm to her he took a step closer. Tommy had pushed too far, he hadn't calculated this move incorrectly.

"Don't  move" she hissed at him, her breath ragged and uneven. Amelia quickly wiped at her mouth like the most disgusting thing had happened. This has never happened to Tommy before, hell if girls weren't falling at his feet or trying to get his attention he clearly didn't know how to act. Amelia however felt like her lips where burning, taunting her to carry on and give in again.

Taking in a deep breath she finally looked up at him and hissed. Amelia was cursing herself every swear word she knew internally. The battle to not hit him was proving difficult and her thoughts went to leaving.

"You shouldn't of done that" she whispered, her heart still thumping in her chest. Amelia was pretty sure he could hear it.

Tommy was angry at putting himself in this situation. Regret tasted like poison on his tongue and he couldn't believe it. His steely eye's bore right back into her, warning her to back off.

"You didn't mind while it was happening so back up eh?" and he took a step back, his eye's darting from her eyes to the door behind her head.

Amelia closed her eyes and swallowed trying to calm herself and think rationally.  As her lips burned and the taste of him remained on her tongue she began to feel her feet moving. Turning towards the door she opened it wide for him but kept her eyes firmly forward. As soon as he left she could begin to think straight and clear her mind, well that's what she told herself.

Tommy didn't waste any time as he walked by her and out the door, his pride in the gutter but his anger raised and ready to burn in his head. As he left the building it took everything in him to not pull scream his rage out into the streets of Small Heath. 

---

Amelia was sat in her kitchen the following morning staring into her tea. Was last night real? had she made the whole thing up in her head? The embarrassment was still setting in which confirmed that it was still very much real. A groan slipped her lips and she placed her head into her hands and thought about packing up a small bag and leaving for the weekend. Amelia was suddenly on her feet and heading towards the stairs when there was a knock at her door.

Amelia decided to ignore it and creep up her stares to begin packing. Another knock but she was determined as she headed upstairs and began throwing an overnight bag together. As she stepped down her stairs a familiar smell hit her nose and she paused. 

Telling herself that she was being stupid she carried on and turned to get her coat from the kitchen when she saw him, sat there at her kitchen table.

"You shouldn't leave your doors open Miss Crostwell" he said as he placed a cigarette in his mouth, the smoke dangling from his lips.

"What the hell are you-"

"I've come to call in my favor , the one that you owe me" and he looked down at her hands and saw she was carrying bag. Dropping the bag she stormed into the kitchen and stood in front of him.

"Now is not the time Mr Shelby"

"Now is a perfect time" and he stood up, grabbing her by the top of her arm and tugging her towards the front door "There is a pregnant woman who is expecting us" and as he reached the front door he grabbed her coat and roughly passed it to her. "Don't worry I've got your bag, it's in the car"

Amelia was fumbling over her words in her head, she was trying to look for an excuse but the look of pure anger in his eyes was enough to make her nervous. As she quickly placed her coat on and slipped into her heels at the door he had already opened the door and got into the car sat outside.

Amelia paused only briefly as she realised that she was most probably going to spend the next few hours with him. Shaking off the feeling she quickly hurried to the car and let herself in, slipping in to the seat next to him she saw that her bag was in between them. 

Amelia wondered whether he had gone back to her office last night to collect the bag but she couldn't imagine it. No, she was pretty certain someone else had retrieved her bag. Tommy started up the car and they began to pull away from her house.

Amelia looked at him and found his jaw was set in a hard line and his knuckles around the steering wheel where turning white. A little part of her was satisfied that he was also feeling the awkwardness of their situation.

"Where are we going?" she asked as she saw they where leaving Small Heath.

"To see the Lee's" Amelia scoffed at his ridiculous answer. Amelia had heard of the Lee family but only through Ada. The lack of information was clear, he was trying to keep her in the dark.

"Thorough information Mr Shelby" she retorted sarcastically.

Sighing he turned to her briefly "There is a young woman that is having a difficult pregnancy and they've asked that you check her over, y'know to see if it's alright?" 

"Where's your part in this?"

If he wasn't so angry he may have looked at her to see if she had that look, the one that she had when she was intrigued with something.

"It's a part of a wider deal, nothing you need to concern yourself with" 

Truth was she was more concerned that she was being used as part of a deal. Amelia imagined this is how Tommy Shelby saw women, as commodities that he could use and drop whenever he felt like it. As the fresh air rolled through the car and trees came into view she began to relax and found comfort in her new view.

Just up the road smoke was looming in the sky and she knew it wasn't far until they where to stop. Amelia would be grateful for the break from Tommy.

---

As they pulled up Amelia noted that the area was surrounded by men who where either looking over at them or tending to horses dotted across the stretch of land. Amelia stepped out of the car with her bag when a man called Johnny Dogs introduced himself.

Amelia took her his hand and smiled warmly at him.

"Thanks for bringing er' Tom" he said as he moved to shake Tommy's hand "Zeeva is in with Zilpha just up aways" and he pointed towards a mahogany cart that sat on four large wheels.

"May I?" Amelia asked Johnny.

Johnny suddenly let out an eye piercing whistle and a gentlemen close to the cart nodded.

"Please do" and he grinned at her, his thick accent the only friendly thing about this camp. Amelia was suddenly aware of the stares she was receiving but decided against seeking comfort in Tommy. Amelia also realised she was wearing heels and she wouldn't be able to walk across the stretch of grass without losing one.

Amelia kicked them off and picked them up, she began to make her way over the field ignoring the stares as she did.

"Nice to see er adapting Tom" Johnny laughed as they both watched Amelia delicately make her way over. Tommy nodded and lit up another cigarette trying to ignore the feeling burning across his chest.

Amelia was not at the cart when the door flung open.

"Miss Crostwell?" a beautiful brown haired girl asked, her eye's burning with frustration.

"Yes that's-"

"Come on in, don't worry about your feet" and she pulled Amelia up the few steps and into the cramped cart. Amelia found herself face to face with another two women, the heavily pregnant lady must be Zeeva.

Amelia smiled warmly at them all.

The older lady with greying hair stood up and outstretched her hand. "Thank you for coming to see her, my names Zilpha. I'm the leader of our people. This is Esme who bought you in and this is Zeeva"

Amelia took her hand and shook it firmly, the whole time keeping eye contact with Zilpha. This was not a lady to be messed with, she could see it in every worry line in her face.

"What can I do for you Zilpha?" Amelia asked as she placed her bag and heels down.

Zilpha sat back down and grabbed at her pregnant daughters hand. Zeeva was the most worried of the group and Amelia could see why. Zeeva looked ready to pop.

"Zeeva here has been struggling and think's there's something wrong with the baby. We know there's not as the spirits have consulted us but she's asked for a second opinion" and the final words came out with such distaste that Amelia tried to not take them personal.

"Okay well lets take a look shall we?" Amelia smiled as she began to open her bag.

---

Amelia had done all the checks she could on Zeeva and confirmed that everything was good with the baby. Esme was there to comfort her sister and stroke her hair through her checks while Zilpha watched over Amelia with a keen eye.

"Everything looks perfect Zeeva okay? Your baby is perfectly healthy and I would say you're ready to pop so I ask that you rest now and drink plenty of water"

Amelia began to pack her bags when Zeeva let out a sigh of relief "Thank you Miss"

"How do you know Tommy Shelby?" Zilpha asked suddenly.

Amelia tried to smile "I'm friends with his sister Ada"

"Is that all you are to him?"

"Mam!" Esme yelled, rolling her eyes at the intrusion.

Amelia ignored Esme and answered "Yes that's all I am to him"

Zilpha didn't buy it and pressed on "But I see more Miss Crostwell, just be warned that he is not a man that takes rejection very well"

Amelia almost dropped her bag to the floor at the final part of her sentence. If Amelia didn't believe in gypsies she sure did now. 

"You look surprised" Zilpha tilted her head "This was set in stone for you"

Amelia caught Esme's eyes and Esme just shrugged her off. "Well....if you need me please just send for me and I'll come okay? Don't worry Zeeva everything is fine" and she smiled at all three women before opening up the door and leaving them behind.

Johnny dogs was at the bottom of the steps with his arm out to help her down the few steps. Amelia wanted to roll her eye's at him but decided against is.

"Thank you Johnny" she said as she took her hand back and headed towards Tommy's car. Tommy was leaning against it, smoking his fifth cigarette as he watched her approach. The smile that she held for other people was breath taking but he pushed it down.

"Ya know I don't think I could ever thank ya for coming ere' today" he said as he titled his hat to her.

"You don't need to thank me Johnny, I'm more than happy to help and like I said back there if they ever need me please send for me, okay?"

"I will" and he nodded to her one final time before bidding her farewell.

Amelia suddenly found herself in front of Tommy Shelby but she chose to ignore his stares and place her muddy feet back into her heels. They where ruined but it didn't matter. This was the ending to their business.

"How did you like Esme?" he asked as they both got into his car.

Amelia eye'd him suspiciously but answered anyway "Esme seems like a very nice girl"

"Nice enough for our John?"

Amelia's eye's went wide as she realised that this was also a part of his deal. Tommy was planning to marry off his brother to the Lee family. No doubt in order to squash a feud that had most probably erupted.

"Does John know?" she asked.

"He doesn't but he will tomorrow, at the wedding" and Tommy flicked his cigarette out of the car window and looked ahead.

"You can't do that! You can't control people's lives like this-"

"John wanted a wife so I found him one" and he shrugged her way, not caring for her rejection to his plan. Tommy knew that John and Esme would be a perfect fit. Two wild animals that would equal each other out.

Amelia huffed and that about John finding out he was to be married on the day of his wedding. How would he react? would he thank his brother? Did Esme know of the Blinders and Lee's plans?

As if Tommy could hear her thoughts he said "None of this is to get back to John or Ada" he warned.

Amelia did not want to interject herself into any Peaky blinders drama so she certainly wouldn't be saying anything. 

"The wedding is at Charlies yard tomorrow at 2pm. Polly want's you there" he said as he eye'd her from the corner of his eyes.

Polly wanted her there? why would Polly want Amelia to attend a family event. Amelia sat back in her chair and looked ahead. It was clear to her now that the less she said to Tommy the better. After today she was free of any favors or interaction.

The kiss that they clearly would not speak about again was a mistake, an act of passion that had no real meaning about it. Well, that's what she told herself of course.

It wasn't long until they entered the winding cobbled streets of Small Heath and Amelia felt her heart quicken with relief. As the car pulled up at her door she quickly grabbed at her bag and exited the car door. Walking around the car door she stopped at the drivers side and paused.

"Our business is completed now isn't it Mr Shelby?" she asked, her chin held high.

"It is at 2 pm tomorrow afternoon so don't be late"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 46.7K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK ONE COMPLETED• •SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...
135K 4.2K 65
On a train arrives a young woman. She's naive, she's kind, she's everything the city begs her not to be. When she meets Thomas Shelby, he is unlike a...
491K 10.8K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...
126K 3K 55
PEAKY BLINDERS FANFICTION Lily Peyton is the best art collector of London's underground company, Guild. When a task goes wrong, she is dispatched to...