Tiger Lillies (TodoDeku) (Dep...

By ChaoticRomanticPan

*TW: Depression, Suicide Attempt, Self-Harm* Midoriya thought he had no reason to live after he found out Bak... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Authors Note
Part 8
Part 9
Author's Note Again
Part 10
Part 11

Part 1

1.7K 32 39
By ChaoticRomanticPan

"I never meant to hurt you, I really never meant to! It was a mistake, a huge drunken mistake!" I heard Kacchan on the other end of the line. "What was his name?" I ask in a shakey voice, tears flowing everywhere. "Midoriya-" "What was hIS NAME!" It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard a muffled reply, "Kirishima..." I knew it. I knew it would happen eventually. Those two were always such good friends and were always a little too close but I was too blinded by love to even think about the possibilities.

"Deku, I love you," Bakugo whispered. "I'd love you forever, but forever isnt long enough. I will never be good enough for you." I could barely speak. "Please, I'm sorry, I can't lose you," he pleaded. "I'm sorry. I cant do this. Goodbye, my love," I said, hanging up the phone. I slammed it down onto my bed and fell to my knees. Damn it. "DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!" I yelled, alone in my house.

We had been married 7 years, and for what? We got married right out of high school. I thought our love was strong enough, if not his than I thought mine was. He told me he loved me, but it was all lies. Being drunk just helps you make choices you wouldn't do, but subconsciously want to do. He wanted him. I'm never good enough.

The two of us had been getting into more and more fights recently over the smallest things. He decided to go out with a few friends last night and grab a few beers after we fought the biggest fight yet. He never returned so this morning I called him to apologize and ask if he was okay, that's when he admitted to sleeping with another man, it being Kirishima.

I pulled my knees to my face and sobbed. I did everything for him. I pushed my friends aside. I went to work for 7 hours and then came home, made dinner, and cleaned the house. I did the chores. I did that because I love him. He would always help out when he could and he paid the bills while I paid for other things. He was the one who held me close and consoled me when my mother passed.

She had been on her way back from work when some random villain threw a building right at a hero, who dodged it. It hit my mom's car. She was crushed instantly. The building was empty and no one else got hurt, but it ruined me.

This was in high school, before I started dating Bakugo. I didnt go to school for a whole week. Aizawa explained to the others why. I recieved texts from most of my classmates as well as a few teachers, but I didn't respond. I couldn't. After the school week, it was a Saturday and I laid in my bed, not wanting to leave the comfort of it for so long. I didnt have to until I heard a light knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over, but I hurried to the door and opened it. Right there before me was Kacchan.

"Jeez, haven't you slept this week!?" I broke down crying right then and there, falling to my knees. I couldn't handle his teasing and bullying right now. He went on his knees and wrapped his arms around me, "hey, hey, I was messing around. It's okay, here, I got you." That was the last thing I expected.

I hadn't recieved any messages from him, but he was the first person to come over to check on me. I wrapped my arms back around him, clinging onto him for dear life, sobbing into his shoulder. He leaned his head onto mine and used his thumbs to rub my back. We stayed like that for a while before I calmed down a bit and he backed up to wipe my tears away, "I got you, I'm here now. Dont worry," he said, giving a soft smile. I've never seen him smile at me. Why was he now?

He helped me for the next month and even helped me get a job to be able to pay rent for the house. We eventually got closer and closer until one day I admitted my feelings for him, of which he returned. We dated for 2 years and then graduated, got a house together, and got married. I was so happy. He was my everything. I had nothing else.

I was there with no family, my number one supporter and my favorite person in the whole world had died, and I was left alone until he came to my rescue. I slammed my fist down on the floor. He was my reason. Now, I had nothing. Not a damn thing in the house mattered.

I had drifted from all my friends, keeping in touch with Uraraka and Iida occasionally. I had nothing. I had no one. I had no reason. I mustered up all my strength and stood up and looked myself in the mirror. "Nothing," I whispered to myself. I was nothing. Worthless, useless, unwanted.

I had been struggling with depression since 5th grade, especially from the constant bullying. I had always bottled it up though, trying to push past things with a smile. I thought when my mother died that that was going to be it for me. But now, what hurts the most is that the person that means the most to me hurt me the most and I couldn't run to my mother or anybody for that matter for support. I had no one. This was my breaking point. I looked once more at myself in the mirror. I'm so useless. I smashed the mirror into pieces using my fist. Damn it. I knew what I was going to do next. It was the only way to truly forget all the pain and to never have to worry ever again.

I put on my hero suit from high school that my mother made. It was a little tight, but I didnt care. I opened my door and slowly made my way up the stairs, recieving a few strange looks from neighbors in the apartment building. I went up to the rooftop. It was empty as people were at work this time. I had off today, as I did every Tuesday. I made sure to send a text to my boss, quitting my job. Perfect.

I pulled myself up onto the ledge. People weren't allowed on it, but who was going to stop me? I stood up, looking down at the drop below me. It had to be at least 50 feet.

I picked a flower from the little plant next to me. It was a tiger lily, the most beautiful one I've ever seen. It was the middle of spring and the flowers were well taken care of here. I held onto the flower and held it to my chest. I would never have to worry again.

I looked down again, this time seeing a few people pointing up at me and panicking. I'm sorry I had to traumatize these poor citizens. I had to do it quickly before more people arrived. The less who saw, the better. I saw the doors to the shop next door swing open as I closed my eyes. "Just, leap," I whispered to myself. I blocked out the screams of the people below and held one leg off the building. "Goodbye," I whispered to myself as I dropped myself down, turning backwards.

Time seemed to slow down as I stared up at the sky. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. I descended down, clinging onto the tiger lily I had picked. I held it to my chest. I'm so sorry everyone, but it was for the best. I got closer and closer to the ground and I closed my eyes, embracing myself for when I made contact with the ground. Goodbye...

Just as I was about to finally be free, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, causing both of us to fall over. The person held tightly onto me, holding my face into their chest. I let them for a moment. He had just saved me. Why? I wish he hadn't. I was so close to being free for once. To not having to worry ever again. To being happy.

"Midoriya," I heard the voice whisper in my ear. It sounded familiar so I lifted my head up to see the face I had once been classmates with. "Todoroki?" I asked, watching tears pour down his face as he held me tighter. "It's okay. I've got you now. Don't worry." Those words clicked something in my head. We were sat upwards, him having his legs crossed and his arms around my waist. I wrapped my legs around him and threw my arms around his shoulders, holding him with everything I had left.

I didnt want him to see my like this. I hadn't expected to see anyone I knew for that matter, let alone have them try to catch me. I heard the murmur of the citizens around as footsteps approached us. Todoroki looked up at the man and kept eye contact. I moved my head back and looked at his shocked face and then look at who everyone was staring at. Someone had called for a hero nearby and the one closest to our area happened to be Mr. Aizawa aka Eraserhead. He kept a straight face but you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was terrified.

"Alright everyone, let's leave the boys be, I'll take care of them from here," he said, shooing the crowd away. He crouched down to look at the both of us. "You two have grown well... now, let's have a talk, shall we?" Todoroki and I nodded, wiping our tears away. Todoroki helped me up, gripping my arm tightly, making sure he wasnt going to lose hold.

We followed Aizawa for a few blocks before reaching a small house, which I assumed to be his. He took out his keys and unlocked the door, confirming my suspicions. "Sit on the couch please make yourselves comfortable." He closed the door behind us as we sat on the couch. Todoroki still had one arm wrapped around mine. Mr. Aizawa sat down in a chair across from us and folded his hands.

"I got a call from the district saying that a young man was about to jump from a building a few blocks down and that a crowd was gathered around him, getting bigger by the second. That was all the details I got besides the location of the building. By the time I arrived, I saw no man on the building but i saw a large crowd. I walked through the crowd to see you two boys holding onto each other for dear life, crying your eyes out. Now may I ask, since it was only one boy who was on the rooftop, which one of you tried to jump off the building?" He looked up at us at that last part, genuinely concerned. "I-I did," I managed out, tears once again forming in my eyes.

"Before I ask further questions to you, I must ask Shoto Todoroki, what exactly happened?" Todoroki leaned on me, looking at the coffee table infront of us.

"I had heard a commotion outside of the store I work at next door, so I was asked to check it out. I heard people saying someone was going to jump from the building, but I couldn't see who. I pushed my way through as I heard the gasps of people as someone called out 'he jumped!' I rushed over and tried to catch him to the best of my abilities. It was only after I caught his fall and we both fell over that I had realized who it was.

I said his name, making him look up at me, pure sadness in his eyes. He said my name before we then held onto each other. I told him it was okay and I was there now and that type of stuff. I couldn't help but to let a few tears stream down as he grabbed onto the back of my shirt. I had not seen him in a few years since his wedding and the one time I do, it's when I'm preventing his death. That's when you showed up." He was shaking slightly. That experience was probably traumatizing for him. I wish he wasnt there. I wish he didnt have to see that. I wish he wasnt here too see me at my weakest.

"Alright then. Now, Izuku Midoriya, please, try to make some sense of this. Why did you jump?" His voice broke asking that question. I've never seen him like this. I took a deep breath and looked up at Aizawa. "You remember the whole wedding with Kacch- I mean Katsuki Bakugo. We were happily married for 7 years now. Well for the past month or so, we have been bickering quite often. Last night we had a really big fight," I began shaking, trying to hold it together.

"After the fight he told me he was going to go out drinking with the boys. I decided to just let him go to give him and I a break. He never came home so this morning I called him. I asked him where he was and I began apologizing for the fight and everything. He- he had admitted to getting drunk and sleeping with another man," I began crying, trying to hold the tears back and failing miserably.

"I had my suspicions that the two were a little close, hell they always were, ever since they met. He was the only one Kacchan really listened too. The other guy was Kirishima..." Aizawa sat back a slight bit.

Todoroki kneeled down infront of me and wiped my tears, leaning onto my knees, "hey, hey it's okay. I cant believe he did that, that aggressive cunt-" "don't call him that," I interrupted him. "What?" "Don't call him aggressive. He's changed a lot since Class 1-A. He's proven that to me, he just has a large barrier. He's just scared of getting hurt, that's all." "Why are you defending him? He cheated on you!" Todoroki said, holding my head in his hands. "Todoroki, sit back down," Aizawa told him. He nodded and sat back in his spot.

"I'm sorry, Midoriya. I really am." "Don't apologize, it's okay. I understand. It's just, he was my everything. I felt my whole world crashing down when my mother passed and he showed up at my door, holding me until I was okay. He was always there for me from then out. He was all I needed. We started dating and I started pushing my friends away, unintentionally of course. Him and I lived together, grew together. He was my everything. I-I never thought he would do this.

I loved him so much I didn't consider anything would actually happen. I thought that maybe he loved me as much as I loved him. I had never been so wrong. Without him, I have nothing. I am nothing! I now have to find a new house and live all alone and I dont have anyone to go to, I cant possibly afford a house I'm so unprepared-" "Live with me," I heard Todoroki speak up.

"Wait what? I couldn't do that I can't-" "Please let me help you, just for the time being, until you can get back on you feet." I looked to Aizawa. "Listen, you two boys have great potential. You two have also been through quite a lot, a few times together. You two may be good for each other in more ways than one.

I would recommend you try it out for a while, until you can get back on your feet at least. At least until you can safely live on your own without throwing yourself off a building again. As your teacher and as a hero who has been active for many years, please take my recommendation. However, the choice is yours. I just want what's best for you. I dont want the next time I see you be when you are nothing but a lifeless corpse. Please don't let that happen." He looked upset.

He thinks the world of his Class 1-A students that year. He sees so much potential for us. I felt bad that both him and Todoroki were talking to me right now. I hurt them so much. That's all I ever do. I hurt people and then I get hurt. I guess in the end I got what I deserved. I deserve everything thats come to me. I didnt deserve Kacchan. He deserved better. He always has. Why did I always care too much if in the end it always ended up hurting me. "Midoriya?" Aizawa said, pulling me from my thoughts. I needed help.

"Midoriya are you okay?" I nodded, wiping a few stray tears. "Do you have an answer?" "Yes. I will live with Todoroki for the time being. I-I think I need help." Todoroki leaned his head on my shoulder and wrapped an arm around me. "Alright, then it is decided. I will have to further this discussion but will do so at a later date. We've all been through a lot today, especially you Midoriya.

Todoroki and you should go back to your house and start packing before Bakugo returns. I recommend to not tell him where you are staying for the time being. I will probably have to sit down with both of you later on in the month. It will not be for marriage counseling though. Do not take him back, no matter what. It's for the best. Ill send a u-haul truck over to the building and have it under Midoriya's name. If you need help lifting anything, call me. I'm here to help."

I stood up and walked over to him, looking down. I then threw myself on him, wrapping my arms around him. He was shocked at first but then hugged back. "Thank you," I whispered in his ear. "No problem," he responded, letting me go back to Todoroki. "We should get going before Bakugo comes home. Thank you for coming Aizawa, and thank you for the support," Todoroki said, hugging Aizawa with one arm for a second. "Of course. Please, stay safe." "We will," Todoroki said, grabbing my arm again and walking out with me, closing the door behind us.

We walked over to my apartment, quiet on the way over. We would have to do the talking later, I knew that, but we would have a break now. As we approached the building, he stopped infront of his store. "Shit, I forgot to tell my manager where I was." "Let's go in first then and explain." "I work with one of our old classmates. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

We walked into the store and were greeted by the manager in Todoroki's face, "WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE DID YOU GO? ARE YOU OKAY?" She began yelling. She was a little taller than both of us with short black hair and glasses. "Calm down, Tamira. I'm alright. A guy tried to jump from a building and let's just say I caught him. We had to talk to Eraserhead for a bit. I'm sorry I left without warning."

She looked over at me and saw his arm around mine and then back at me. "Were you the one who jumped?" I looked down, "yes, but it's okay now, I promise." She hugged me and then nodded. "Okay, if you need anything, just tell me. I'm here for you." I smiled and thanked her. "Oh! Is Asui still here?" "Yep! She's in the back, would you like me to get her?" "Please." With that she went to the back of the building through a door.

"Her sister hung herself not too long ago. She is such a kind woman, would do anything for anyone. Reminds me a lot of you actually." A light blush coated my cheeks. "Thanks."

A few moments later Asui came from the doors, following Tamira. "Wait, Midoriya? Is that you?" She said, walking up to me. Todoroki released my arm and she hugged me. "Tsu! It's been so long!" "Yeah too long, kero."

Her hair was still long and had her signature bow but had gained a bit of waves. She also had a slightly darker green streak on her left side. She wore a dark green shirt and black jeans, which I'm guessing were work clothes. She had looked like she was the same height and looked almost the same except for a little maturity in her face.

She looked at me and smiled before slapping me right across the face. "What was that for!?" Todoroki asked. "Tamira told me that he was the one who tried to jump from the building next door. She also told me you had to try to catch him and ended up talking with Mr.Aizawa," she turned to me, "Don't you dare pull something like that again!" She once again hugged me and I hugged her back. "I'm sorry, Tsu." She pulled away and looked at me smiling. "Oh Midoriya, you're a piece of work. We all are though." "I'm glad to see you too."

Todoroki turned to Tamira, "oh! Midoriya will be moving in with me due to reasons that set him over the edge. I will be helping him move his stuff over to my place. May I please have the rest of the day off?" Tamira nodded, "yes, of course! Take tomorrow off as well. Get settled in. May I ask though, if it's not too personal, what was this thing that set you over edge?" I looked down and Todoroki placed a hand on my shoulder.

"His high school sweetheart, his husband of 7 years slept with another man last night, someone he has been a little too close to for years. There are more reasons that set him off, but that was the main one." "Oh I'm so sorry!" "Wait, Bakugo cheated on him? With who!" Asui interrogated. "Kirishima..." Todoroki told her. "No!" She covered her mouth, gasping.

"I'm sorry, I know you dont know these two we are talking about but they were in a class with us along with Midoriya," Todoroki explained to Tamira. "Oh, it's quite all right. I'm guessing you two want to get his things moved before his husband returns. Go on, hurry. Asui and I got the store covered."

I looked around at the store. It was small, but it was a pet store with all sorts of animals from amphibians to small cats and large dogs. Even a few rodents of sorts.

"Thank you ma'am," I thanked. "Please, call me Tamira, or Tami for short. And come back and visit sometime. You are such a pleasurable person to be around!" She said with a smile. "Thank you Tamira, I will." With that, Todoroki and I went back out.

A small u-haul pulled up as we left. "Hi! Uh, is this for Izuki Midoriya?" "Yes sir, it is. It has already been paid for and me and my guys will pick it up in 3 hours. May we get an address to pick it up from?' The guy asked. "Oh of course. The address is *insert address*, thank you!" He handed me Todoroki the keys and left in another car. "Let's hurry, he could be home any minute if not now." Todoroki nodded and followed me up to my apartment. I unlocked it.

"This is it. It may not be the best but it was perfect to Kacchan and I. We made it work," I said, smiling a little at the end, remembering us carrying the couch in. "I dont really want anything. Let's go to my room so I can pack up my clothes and small belongings." Todoroki nodded and followed me in. I grabbed a few large trash bags on my way in and shook one open. I pulled out my drawers and dumped them in. My clothes took up two large bags, but that was all. I had done laundry yesterday, so everything was clean, except for the outfit I had worn earlier that day.

"Ow, fuck," I heard Todoroki say. I turned around and he was picking up the shards of glass from the mirror. "What are you doing? Dont do that, just leave it, it's okay," I told him. He placed the shards down and I walked over and grabbed his hands. I observed them, making sure he wasnt hurt. "Your hands look fine luckily. Please, be careful." He nodded, turning a light pink.

"Oh, Todoroki, I have a few books and movies out on the shelf by the television. All the ones on the top and second shelf are mine. Could you please put them in this box here?" I asked, holding a box from under my bed out. I had empty boxes from a shipment I recieved a week or so ago. "Okay," he replied, taking the box and heading out, closing the door behind him.

I looked back at the shards of the mirror and saw in a big chunk that I was still in my hero suit. Ha, a hero. I remember those days when I tried to be one. I actually made it for a while, but as of right now I'm taking a break. I was well known in some places, but I lived in a town where I wasnt well-known so I could live peacefully. I should probably change out of the suit before I ruin it.

I quickly took it off and slid on a pair of ripped black jeans. Which shirt should I wear? As I was deciding I heard the door open and saw Todoroki holding the box, "hey so i- oh!" He turned around and covered his face. I turned bright red. I walked over to him and turned him around to face me and moved his hand. "Dude, it's okay, I'm just choosing a shirt." I went back over to my clothes, red as a tomato.

I picked up a shirt when Todoroki asked, "what are all those scars? On your arm? They dont look like they are from hero work. Some look new even." I froze. "Izuku?" He spoke in a soft voice.

I put the shirt down and turned to look at him. He walked over to me and reached out to grab my arms and get a better look. I let him and looked away to the side. Shit. Shit shit shit. Shiiiiit. He was going to hate me now, right? After all, I was too broken for him to possibly be able to deal with.

He looked up and me and back at the scars. He placed a light kiss on either arm. I jumped back slightly in shock. "This is a conversation for later. Just... put a shirt on." I pulled him into a quick hug and then turned around, putting on a red long-sleeved shirt. I also slipped on some socks and red vans.

I grabbed the bags of clothes as Todoroki grabbed the box. "We will only make two trips. Let's bring these down to the truck. We will come back for a few more things after." He nodded and followed me down. We placed the things in the back of the truck and headed back up.

"Here, take 3 boxes of mac n cheese, 3 spoons, 3 forks, 3 knives, a bowl, a plate and 2 cups. Also take whatever food you see fit. I'm the one who bought them anyway, but dont leave him with nothing." He nodded and went into the kitchen. I ended up packing up a few all-night posters and figures I still had. I didnt have nearly as much as I used to, but I still had some. I also packed a few of my old hero journals and 2 blankets. I also packed the necessities like my toothbrush and toothpaste, my phone charger, shampoo, etc. I looked around the room and decided I was satisfied with what I had packed.

I joined Todoroki in the kitchen and saw he had packed the things I asked him to as well as more. "The xbox." "What about it?" I asked. "Did you pay for it and the games?" "Well yes I technically own them but-" he pushed past me and put it and the 8 games into the box, filling it up. "Is that it?" He asked. I sighed, "yep, that's it." He nodded and picked up the box with all his might. I also picked up my box and grabbed my keys, keeping one just incase.

"You dont have a car, right?" He asked. "Right," I responded. "Good, one less thing to bring over," he said, trying to lighten the mood. I smiled briefly and then placed the box into the back of the truck. There was still a bit of space in the truck, but that was okay. If I forgot anything I would send Aizawa to get it. For now, we should be good. He got into the driver's seat and I sat in the passenger seat. "Where exactly do you live?" I asked. "I live only about 15 minutes away." I nodded. With that, he started the truck and we were off. Goodbye, old home. Goodbye, old husband. Goodbye, old life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 2.5K 13
An extremely sad tododeku story Todoroki and Midoriya are depressed, both struggling and find hope in each other, but will it be enough? THIS SHIT WI...
178K 4.8K 15
Midoriya practically begged me to switch dorms... "Please Todoroki, I've put up with Kacchan too long , I think I might be going crazy!" The helpless...
57.7K 2.6K 20
Thanks to an accident during a villain attack on UA, Todoroki lost his sight while protecting the injured Midoriya. Midoriya feels unbearably guilty...
338 16 11
*WARNING- deals with subjects such as depression, self harm, anixiety, suicide, abuse, and bullying.* What if Midoriya and Todoroki had met in middle...