MaNan- Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra'...

By _theonlydream_

Sequel to "Yearning to be loved". Peep in to know more about Mr. and Mrs. GC's journey to becoming parents! More

Chapter- 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Epilogue
New book notification

Chapter- 7

8.4K 361 1
By _theonlydream_

Love isn't just a feeling of being together. It's a feeling of being together to cherish your moments forever. Just because, you've already crossed the path of falling in love, it doesn't forbid you to fall hard for the same person.

In Malhotra Mansion

MaNan's Bedroom

Nandini, yawned and stretched her hands while opening her eyes and looked at her right to see the bed empty. She huffed in anger.

Nandini: Aaj bhi late aaya hoga monster coffee.

She sat up slowly and her palms went up to her belly where their baby was having a peaceful sleep. She smiled while caressing there. Soon, she heard a click sound making her to pull the duvet over her and looked away with her puffed cheeks.

"Lilliput, you're awake?" Manik walked inside with the same tray of nutritious food for Nandini and kept it aside and settled beside her, while she preferred not to look at him.

Manik (sighed): Still angry?

She didn't speak anything.

Manik tried to remove the duvet when she clutched it closer to her and glared at him making him pout.

Manik: Its been a month since I've talked to my baby, Lilliput!

And this tied the last chord of her anger!

Nandini: Wow! So, you do realize that its been a month since you're not home unless you need some 4-5 hours of sleep, right?

Manik looked down in guilt.

Manik: I know Lilliput, I'm not spending time with you, but I've got certain problems for myself too.

Nandini: I? I've got certain problems?

Her voice held hurt in it making him to look up at her.

Nandini: Kabse sab kuch sirf tumhara bann gaya, Manik?

Manik: Lilliput, don't call me that.

Nandini: I will. Jab thak tum mujhe ek outsider manthe ho,thab thak tum Manik hi ho mereliye.

Manik: Outsider? What are you even saying, Lilliput?

Nandini: Was I the one who just took problems all to himself but didn't share?!

He tried to speak when he saw tears welling up in her eyes.

The situation isn't helping her pregnancy hormones, either.

Nandini: Hamesha, hum apne problems share karthe the. Its been a month since you're working outside and even at home, you work a lot. You just sleep for some 4 or 5 hours and then wake up early the next morning after feeding me these vegetables. Tum janthe bhi ho ki mujhe ye stupid vegetables nahi balki tumhara zaroorath hain. That, I couldn't see you working so hard day and night like an animal. Oh, I forgot, ab tho problems tho apna hai, then why should we care about the other.

Spitting all her frustration out with tears falling down her cheeks, she climbed down the bed and walked inside the washroom while hiding her belly inside her largened clothes.

It was the punishment for him. He wouldn't be able to speak with his baby or see him until he shares the issue with her.

While, Manik sat there in guilt.

Manik (muttered): I just..didn't want to bother you, Lilliput.

He combed his hair with his hands in frustration and waited till she come out. Like predicted, she came out after 20 minutes with her swollen eyes making him regret everything that he did to her.

He approached her while she walked till the door to move out of the room.

Manik: Lilliput!

He held her wrist and she glared at him.

Manik (pleaded): Please mere bath suno.

Nandini: Leave my hand, Manik.

He closed his eyes tightly and pulled her to him softly and wrapped his arms around her making her wriggle in his arms.

Nandini: What's wrong with you, Manik? Chodo mujhe.

Manik: Shh..

He kept his finger on her lips which she shoved away and turned to him to punch hard in his jaw making him tumble in his place.

Manik: Ouch, Lilliput.

Nandini: Serves you well.

And she walked out while he cursed himself before rubbing his jaw where she punched him hard.

But, something struck him, and he ran out of the room.

Downstairs

Here, Nandini walked to the stairs while muttering abuses for Manik.

Nandini: Stupid coffee. He just wants to hurt me. Usse patha hai ki mujhe uske bina kuch bhi acha nahi lagtha par nahi. Mein tho koi bhi nahi hun uskeliye.

Her abuses went to trashes when she felt herself in air.

Nandini (annoyed): Put me down, Manik.

Manik: Shut up! Not a word, Mrs. Malhotra.

She looked away making him smirk and walked down the stairs and placed her on one of the chairs, around dining table.

Nyonika: Good morning!

Nyonika came out of the kitchen and wished Manik and Nandini who wished back and soon the rest of the Malhotras also joined them.

Raj: Nandu, tum kuch kha kyu nahi rahi ho?

Manik: Lilliput..

He showed his eyes to her which she ignored and turned to Raj.

Nandini: Grand Pa! Kya mein baad mein kha sakthi hun?

Manik (hissed in anger): Lilliput!!

Raj (frowned): Par kyun beta? Khana acha nahi hai kya?

Nandini: Aisi koi bath nahi hai, Grand Pa, bas mann nahi hain.

Raj (smiled): Teek hai, par baad mein zaroor khana.

She smiled back at him.

Manik: You can't be serious, Dad. Lilliput, tu..

She cut him off by standing up and looked at Cabir.

Nandini: Bhai, can you carry me till upstairs?

Manik: What the f***!!

Nyonika: Manik!!

He stood up and seethed in anger while Cabir walked towards Nandini and carried her in his arms and glared at Manik.

Cabir: Ye sab aapko pehle hi sochna chahiye tha, Mr. Malhotra!!

Saying it, he carried her till upstairs making Manik angrier. He took deep breaths to control himself.

Nyonika: Manu.

Manik: I'm leaving, Mom.

Nyonika (angrily): Then, don't come back home. Nobody will open the door for you at midnight 12.

Manik stared at her in surprise.

Manik: Mom!

Nyonika: Ek situation ko poore tarah se jaanne se pehle walk out karna tumhare liye nayi bath nahi par Nandini keliye tolerable nahi hain. She's pregnant, for God's sake Manik.

He flinched with her tone and immediately sat in his place making Mukti and Raj to giggle silently.

Manik: Mom, galathi uski hain.

Nyonika (glared): Oh really? Pregnant tho tum ho na jo attention aur love ke zaroorath padi. Kyu?

Manik: Mom!

She sighed and stared at Manik accusingly.

Nyonika: Your wife is pregnant, Manik and she needs your warmth and affection. She would crave for your attention in this stage which you couldn't give for the past one month.

Manik: Par mom, I always made sure that she had her food at the right time. Office se bhi phone karke poochtha tha mein ki whether she's fine or not, aapko patha hai na.

Nyonika (sighed): Time pe khana khaana aur apne aapko aur baby ke khayal rakhne keliye teri zaroorath nahi hai usko Manik. Mein bhi kaafi hoon uskeliye. And, she herself is a doctor so she knows what is best for her. Also, she's a mother, she doesn't need any damn person's advice to know how to protect her baby, not even her husband's.

Manik (sighed): Mom, I know, I should have given her time but then I was busy. She should understand it, right.

She stood up and settled beside him while holding his hands.

Nyonika: When a woman gets pregnant, she changes herself, Manik. She becomes someone else, sometimes like a kid, always nag for some or the other thing and its her husband's duty to fulfill it. Tumne wo sab kuch kiya hai uskeliye and I'm proud of you too.

He listened to her patiently.

Nyonika: Par tumhe ye bhi samajna hai ki you can't expect her to accept whatever you do just because you're fulfilling everything she asks for. She's not at the right side of her mind, now. Phir bhi, jab bhi tum mujhse ya use phone karke poochtha hai ki whether she's fine or not, she never confessed that she was tired or she was feeling sick or she was feeling dizziness or she felt lonely that she cried a lot. She just lied to you so that she doesn't disturb you.

He stared at her in shock.

Manik: She was sick? Aur aapne bathaya hi nahi mujhse, Mom?

Nyonika: Haa, subah breakfast ke baadh chala jaathe hain aur wapas midnight 12 ko aathe hain, uss aadmi se kuch kehke kya faida, Manik?

Manik palmed his face in guilt.

Raj: She expected you to share your worries, Manik. She knew something was bothering you.

He looked up to see his father's disappointed gaze at him.

Manik: Dad. I didn't want to bother her. She should be happy at this time, right.

Raj sighed and signaled his wife and daughter to leave them alone which they obliged.

Raj: Manik.

Manik looked up to see his father smiling.

Raj: Its natural in a married life, Manik. We tend to make such mistakes. What you need to know is, never hide anything from her, even if its worries. Your Mom and I had nearly reached divorce petition just because we never got time for each other due to our professional works.

Manik (shocked): Divorce? Kab?

Raj: It was before your birth, Manik. We were nearing to get divorced because she wasn't there when I needed her, and I wasn't there when she needed me. Marriage is a contract Manik. A contract between your heart and her heart to stay with each other forever. Once, you break that contract, you wouldn't feel like continuing with it.

Raj got up and patted Manik's hair.

Raj: Share it with her, I don't think even your mother could understand it like how she would. Kyunki Ma hamesha bachon ko safe rakhna chahthe hain even if her kids want to take that risk to prove themselves par beewi aisi nahi hain. She would stay with you and would prefer what you prefer, even if its to take risk, she'll be ready to share the risk.

He smiled at him affectionately and walked away leaving Manik in deep thoughts, who saw Cabir leaning on the stairs' wall.

Cabir: She's fine, now. Bas thodi si PaNi hai aankhon mein. Royi nahi.

Manik glared at him who chuckled and walked away not before saying,

Cabir: Think about what Dad said, Manik.

When he calls him by his name, it means the matter is serious and he needs to use that brain of his.

MaNan's Bedroom

Nandini was busy in wiping her tears and speaking something on phone.

Nandini: Mruno, I'm not gonna talk to him. I'm coming over there.

Mrunal, on the other side was sighing at her best friend.

Mrunal: Fluffy, meri bath sunn pehle.

Nandini: Ab kya sunna hain? Wo stupid coffee ko tho mere fikar hi nahi na.

Mrunal: Aisa nahi hai, fluffy. Jeeju must have some reason with him. You need to know his point of view before punishing him, right.

Nandini: Yeah right. Now, you're on his side. Mera koi value hi nahi.

Mrunal (muttered): Isko pregnant kyu bana diya, bappa?!

Nandini: Arijit Bhai ko impress karne keliye, Grumpy coffee ke zaroorath nahi hai tujhe. So, take my side, bit**.

Mrunal (groaned): What the f***, dude!! Why are you keep linking that monkey with me?

Nandini: Not my mistake, you keep staring at him and we noticed it.

Mrunal: Your husband and you are the curse of my life, now!

Nandini: You were a born curse for me.

And she wiped her tears again.

Mrunal (sighed): I'm not fighting with you, now. Tum pehle rona bandh kar aur phir hum bath karthe hain.

Nandini sniffed again and Mrunal kept hearing it without complaining.

Nandini: You know what Mruno, I'm gonna ask my baby to call him rotten coffee, once he come out!

Manik, who entered inside the room got to hear it made a disbelieving face. He closed the door once he entered completely and bolted it without her notice.

On the other side, Mrunal was giggling.

Mrunal: Achi bath hain, tum tho already usko grumpy coffee bulwana chahthi thi, ab rotten bhi aayi saath mein. Omlet kab aoge?

Nandini: Tu mar jaa, khooni.

Mrunal: Didn't I tell you it already, I'm waiting for my prince charming, so am not gonna die soon.

Nandini: Guess what, your prince charming forgot his route to get to you as he fell into coma.

Mrunal: Bit**, shut that stupid mouth of yours.

Before Nandini could reply, she heard someone clearing the throat. She looked to her left to see Manik trying to give her a smile and she got back into her tigress mode back again.

Nandini: Phone rakh tu.

And she hung up the call to get up from the bed.

Manik: Lilliput!

He stood in front of her before she could walk away.

Nandini: Mujhe nahi sunna!

Manik: Par mujhe bath karna hain.

Nandini: Oh really? Par kyun? Mein kaun hun tumhareliye?!

The next second, she was pinned on the wall with his lips on her's shocking her.

He bit her lips to enter in her mouth and she had to give up struggling from not to kiss him back.

He broke the kiss while panting heavily.

Manik: Beewi ho tum. Isse behthar thareekha nahi hai mere paas ye prove karne keliye.

She glared at him and then looked away. He sighed and joined their foreheads making her to close her eyes.

Manik: I'm having a business fight with my rival, Lilliput.

She opened her eyes to look in his pair of orbs to see them guilty.

Manik: I'm sorry, Lilliput, but I didn't want to bother you. You're having our baby in you and this time, you need to be fit and happy and if I share this with you, you might get worried unnecessarily and I know, you'll indulge yourself in it.

Nandini (sighed): Bas ithni si bath ko tum kithna bana diya, grumpy coffee?!

His eyes twinkled in joy and kissed her the next second.

Nandini (groaned): You better stop giving me sudden kisses, Malhotra!

Manik (grinned): I love you. Don't ever call me by my name unless you're under me on our bed.

She bit her inner cheeks to control the red hue on her lips making him chuckle.

Manik: Come on Lilliput, tum tho aise blush kar rahi ho jaise ki humare beech abhi thak kuch nahi hua when you're already carrying our baby in you.

Nandini: Shut up, Grumpy coffee!

He preferred to laugh making her pout in anger.

Nandini: Fine, then no kisses hereafter.

In return, he kissed her again.

Nandini (bad face): Mujhe nahi bath karni tumse.

He chuckled and caged her in his arms.

Manik: Aajkal tumhe manana easy ho raha hain.

Nandini (grumpily): All thanks to your lil one. He's so much like you. Jaldh hi gussa aatha hai aur jaldh hi calm hojatha hain.

Manik (grinned): I'm glad to know it.

She smiled while being in his embrace and he sighed on having her close to him after a month.

Nandini: Grumpy coffee.

Manik: Hmm?

Nandini: As far as I know you, you would never neglect me for any common rival. You always had rivals in your company, that's what you told me, right. Tho phir iss rival ithna special kyun?

She looked at him with her raised eyebrows to see him sighing at her.

Manik: How do you learn everything related to me this easily?

Nandini (shrugged her shoulders): Because, I love you!

He smiled and kissed her forehead making her smile too.

Manik: Because, its Dhruv Vedant my enemy.

She stared at him for a moment on realizing that she has heard this name before too.

Manik: Who happens to be that same guy plotted against me by making me fall in a girl's trap.

She looked at him wide eyed.

Manik (sighed): Jisko tum nafrath karthi ho, the same girl for whom I avoided my family just because I couldn't bear her betrayal when I thought her to be trustworthy and even went against my family, not because I loved her but trusted her.

She sighed on seeing him guilty again. The same face which she had witnessed months back in their farmhouse.

Nandini: We already had a talk over it, Grumpy coffee. You said you will never think about that blunder, didn't you?

Manik: I did. But, that doesn't wipe my fault away. Bas ek maamuli si ladki ki wajah se I could have lost my family. I had taken my attraction to the next level-love that I became a fool in front of her to become her puppet. How could I?!

She made him sit on the bed and sat on his lap and he noticed her weight that has increased which flutter his heart on knowing, their baby is growing so soon.

Nandini: Now listen Mr. Malhotra, we're humans and we tend to make mistakes because we're asked for it, by God. You just can't keep being the sane person forever. Mere Papa ko tho dekh, he was the most purest soul on Earth but he too did a mistake, by remarrying. He lost his life on dwelling over it, Grumpy coffee. I too did a mistake, by marrying you without knowing that I was here to ask for forgiveness from your father. But, all those mistakes became a reason of our life, Grumpy coffee. Papa lost his life to let me and choti to go through many problems. Had he been here, we would have still been under his feathers living our life full of fun. I did my mistake to get to my happiness, that is YOU. Hadn't I married you, I wouldn't have been this happy. You did your part of share so that you could learn that love isn't so easy to get. You made a mistake by falling for that girl which eventually lead to me and let me tell you, I'm so proud that you fell in love with me. Now tell me, Mr. Malhotra, do you want to lose yourself too, just because you're guilty over what you did in past?

He smiled and pulled her nose.

Manik: You see everything in positive. How, Lilliput?

Nandini: Kyunki meri Ma kehthi hain, har koi bath hona zaroori hain, na hum use rok sakthe hain, na hum use lad sakthe hain. So, why to waste your time in it. Just go with the flow!

He smiled again and held her close to his heart.

Manik: Thank you. For being with me, forever!

She smiled and pecked his lips softly and pulled away before he could take them for a kiss making him to groan.

Manik: Lilliput!

Nandini (giggled): What? Aaj keliye kaafi kisses ho chuke hai, romantic coffee!

He glared at her making her giggle again.

Nandini: Waise, I though, you would like something better!

He ignored her, but she stealthily took his hand and placed it on her belly making him to snap his head at her.

Nandini: Your punishment time is over!

He grinned looked down at her belly which was covered in her enlarged clothes.

Manik (bad face): You've got a pretty well brain, Mrs. Malhotra!

Nandini (casually): I know!

He shook his head and then raised her kurti up making his eyes to well up in joy.

Manik: He..He has..grown up!

Nandini (smiled): Because, he's already 4 months and a week old in womb.

Manik smiled and caressed her belly while kissing where his baby was residing.

Manik: Papa is waiting for you. You don't need to be inside for longer. Bas kuch aur mahine, phir Mamma ke jagah aapke honge for sleeping. You know, she always sleeps on me!

She slapped his arms quiet hardly.

Nandini: Stop filling his ears with your dirty talks. Kuch weeks ke baad wo tumhra bath samaj paega.

Manik (excitedly): Really? Tab tho mein har raath tumhare son eke baad bath kartha hun. We have quiet personal talk pending to talk.

Nandini: Acha, aise bhi kya bath hai, Malhotra?

Manik: Tumse mathlab? Ye baap-bete ke beech ke baath hain. Ma ko ghuna mana hain.

Nandini (rolled her eyes): Well, I always fill his ears against you, so continue with your personal talks too.

He glared at her who stuck her tongue out at him.

Manik: Then, fill his ears about our wild nights too.

He laid her on the bed and hovered above her gently while looking deep in her eyes and this time, she took the lead in kissing him.

Nandini: Did I hurt you by letting you away from our baby?

Manik (smiled): Nope. I always used to talk with him at night, once you sleep.

She hid her smile and fake a glare at him.

Manik: Stop wasting my time, I know you used to hear us talking while pretending to sleep.

She giggled when he pestered kisses over her taking themselves again to their own world where no one is allowed.

Post lunch

Everyone were seated around in the living room with Manik working in his laptop as he was asked to work at home and beside him sat, Nandini.

Mrunal: Finally, she's gonna let me live in peace. You have no idea how much she used to complain about you over phone, jeeju.

Manik: You're mistaken, Mrunal. I seriously know how well she can abuse.

Nandini, who was busy in pondering over Dhruv Vedant being a knowing name to her, slapped her husband's arms making him glare at her.

Arijit: I sill can't believe it. That guy is still back of you, buddy.

Manik: He's got no other job. I'm not even sure how many of my employees could be trustworthy and how many could be his spies. Isiliye sab kuch akele karna hai mujhe. One wrong move and he can get my data in his hands without any hard work.

Shravan (angrily): That ass**** is gonna pay hard.

Mukti(annoyed): Saath mein uss make-up dustbin Saxena bhi hogi.

Mrunal/Nandini: Make-up dustbin Saxena?!

Mukti bit her tongue for taking her name in front of Nandini.

Manik: She doesn't care, Muku. You should know your Bhabi well.

Mukti(surprised): Really?

Nandini: Arey what are you talking about?

Manik (sighed): She's talking about my ex, Mrs. Malhotra.

Nandini made a bad face and looked at Mukti.

Nandini: Why would I care about someone unwanted in my life, Choti?!

Mukti (grinned sheepishly): Mein tho bhool hi gayi thi aap thoda different hain.

Abhimanyu: Waise, Mukti is right. Alya Saxena could be behind this too.

Nandini: Wait what?

Mrunal: Alya Saxena?

Suddenly Nandini's brain started to work and she jumped in her place making Manik to hold her tight.

Manik: God, Lilliput. Stop jumping, it would hurt you.

Nandini: Alya Saxena, Dhruv Vedant's bed partner? Don't tell me you fell for that very same girl who's ready to spread her legs for whomever she finds rich and good looking.

"How do you know her?" the entire mansion echoed except for Mrunal.

Mrunal: Well, she ought to know that person who came with a marriage proposal for her best friend when she just turned 19. But on a serious note, jeeju, ithna gandha taste hai aapka?!

She made a disgusted face at the end and all they did were gaping at her.

Mukti (in a daze): Marriage proposal?!

Nandini (annoyed): Stop gawking like foxes!!

This brought them out of their trances.

Cabir: Nandu..elaboration, pls?!

Nandini (sighed): Alright. So, the thing is, Dhruv Vedant and his father were partners with Avinash uncle (Mrunal's father). But, they were actually trying to become family partners instead of just any business matter. Isiliye, they came up with a proposal for Mruno, when she has just turned 19.

Mrunla: Dad ne mana kiya tha but they were insisting so much, and they also had a very good name in the society so when they asked just to do the engagement, Dad had to agree as the deal with them was a lot important for him and I said yes to it.

Arijit: Are you kidding me? Bas ek business deal keliye tumne uss pervert se shadi karne keliye haa kehdiya?

Mrunal (glared): Mene haa apne Dad keliye keh diya, not for any deal. So, shut that mouth, Mr. Sinha.

Arijit was still huffing in anger.

Mukti: Phir kya hua, Bhabi?

Nandini: Phir kya? We knew there was something wrong in that guy.

Manik (confused): But, he always pretended to be that good guy in front of others!

Mrunal: You can't expect us to think that he's good when he asked for my hand in marriage and busy in gawking at both me and fluffy with sugar dripping from his mouth.

Manik: What the h..

Nandini: Grumpy coffee!!

Manik (angrily): He bloody dared to keep his eyes on you!!

Nandini: Offo, tum ithna possessive kyu ho rahe ho? I'm your wife now, he wasn't even my ex-boyfriend, Grumpy coffee.

He gave her a murderous look which she ignored.

Shravan: Phir kya hua, Bhabi?

Mrunal: Kuch bhi tho nahi, we started to research about him and got to know that he was sleeping around with many girls and he was even spotted with India's No.1 Fashion Designer Alia Saxena. All thanks to Cad.

Nandini (glared at Manik ): And unfortunately, that stupid lady was also dating some guy from India but I didn't know that guy would become my husband. Stupid Coffee!!

Manik (pouted): I'm sorry.

Nandini: Tumhara taste tho bilkul buri hain. Kaise mili mein tumhe?

Mrunal: Kabhi kabhi God se bhi galathi ho sakthe hain, that's why this marriage happened.

Both Manik and Nandini glared at her, who just ignored them.

Mukti: WO sab chod, how did that marriage proposal got cancelled.

Nandini: It didn't get cancelled. We just brought Avinash uncle in the same resort where I asked that not-so-innocent guy to come to meet me and showed his "asli chehra".

Mrunal: Dad ke samne hi usne fluffy se bathameezi ki and got rewarded by fluffy too.

Nandini: Yup, no wonder he's still sleeping around. Baap tho nahi bann sakthe na.

This made the rest to laugh out.

Cabir: You seriously kicked him there?

Nandini: Of course.

Mrunal: Uska chehra dekhna layal tha. He was roaming on the ground in pain.

Abhimanyu: Tho tumhara Dad ka deal ka kya hua, Mrunal?

Mrunal (smiled): Vivek uncle and Mohit uncle helped Dad in it.

They smiled back at her.

Nandini (evil smile): Waise grumpy coffee, why don't we get that "evil Bitter gourd" in our paws?!!

To be continued..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990K 65.9K 56
This is my second Manan story... jump in to the bumpy ride to see if love actually happens or not...
1.2K 45 12
Sequel to "Complications Of The Heart". Follow Annie and Georg as they start a new chapter in their lives, including Parenthood!
48.2K 2.8K 64
What happens the person you love calls you for her weddings will you able your get back to your love or will it get an end... Published on:23/24June...
129 0 19
The sequel to "You"...