Chapter- 6

The only feeling that's valued the most in a relationship is trust. If there's no trust in it, then there's no point in continuing with it.

In Malhotra Mansion

Manik: Miss Malhotra..!!

Mukti gave a nervous grin to Manik who looked ready to take a class.

But, what he said next surprised her!!

Mukti: What..?!

Manik just walked away while Nandini repeated it for her.

Nandini: Miss Malhotra, I need to have a word with you. Kindly follow me!!

Mukti just stared at Nandini, who was giving her a grin.

Mrunal: I doubt, when did jeeju become so polite and kind?

Nandini glared at Mrunal who was still thinking how come Manik Malhotra became polite coffee!!

Nandini: Choti!

She took hold of Mukti's hand and dragged her till Manik's study.

Nandini: Your Bhai is waiting for you.

Mukti (meekly): Will he shout?

Nandini (nodded): Its his birthright. Don't you know it?

Mukti: Bhabi..

Nandini: What? Tumne hi tho kaha that you overcame the fear.

Mukti: Yeah..but stil..Bhai ke aankhen bohath scary hain.

Nandini: Unfortunately, I never found anything scary in him but stupidity used to knock at his face time to time.

Mukti: Fine, I'm going in.

Nandini (grinned): Ye hui na baath. All the best!

Mukti took a deep breath and entered inside while Nandini turned to the rest and smiled.

Nandini: He's not angry!

They smiled back at her and everyone dispersed to their own works.

In Manik's Study

Mukti: Bhai, I'm sorry!!

She stood before Manik, who's back was facing her. He turned to her when he heard her apologizing.

Manik: May I know why?

Mukti looked up and held her ears by her fingers and made an apologetic face.

Mukti: I shouldn't have spoken like that to her. She's at fault but still I never talked like that with anyone, you never liked it. I'm sorry, Bhai.

He moved forward and cupped her cheeks.

Manik (smiled): Its okay, Muku. Just don't repeat that. I know, Lilliput has become so important to you, so you couldn't hear that girl speaking bad about your Bhabi, even I was mad at her but that doesn't mean its good to abuse someone, especially when that person is elder to you.

Mukti nodded at him.

Manik: Now, tum yaha beitho.

He made her sit on a chair and he knelt before her while taking her hands in his.

Manik: Bhai kuch poochna chahthe hain, dil se jawab doge kya? You shouldn't lie just because you're scared of me.

Mukti nodded at him and he smiled.