๐ƒ๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐Œ๐€๐ , stiles st...

By trgdycoils

โ โ โ ๐•ฏ๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐Œ๐€๐ , โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โžฃ so, ๐’Š๐’ ๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’…๐’”, i'm basically a ๐’Ž๐’–๐’„๐’‰ ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’Œ๐’†๐’“ and ๐’๐’Š... More

๐๐ž๐š๐ ๐ฆ๐š๐ง.
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก.
โ” ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
โ” ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-two.
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž.
๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ.

forty-one.

5.2K 313 188
By trgdycoils

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE.
the truth.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

EVERYONE THANKED THIER LUCKY STARS THAT THE BULLET HAD MISSED EVERYTHING IMPORTANT IN ADRIAN MARTIN'S LEG. After the Argents had rammed into the station and shot up the place- soon leading up to Matt's death, they needed some good news.

Lydia had been the one to pick her brother up after his short time in hospital getting his leg checked out, shaking her head at him in disbelief once both were in the car. "How on earth did you manage to get your leg shot?"

"Talent." The boy deadpanned as he pulled out his phone, seeing he had missed numerous text messages and phone calls from none other than his boyfriend. He sighed. "Have you heard anything from Toby by any chance?"

The strawberry blonde hummed shortly before shaking her head. "No. Last time I saw him was when he was in the kitchen with you at my party. Why? Did something happen?" she furrowed her done-up eyebrows confusedly.

"It doesn't matter." The redhead grumbled, stuffing his phone back into his pocket as he stared out of the window.

He closed his eyes, Matt entering his thoughts. Adrian couldn't believe how much he had touched death over these past few months. It was insane.

The thought of dying, it scared Adrian. He had so much in life he wanted to do, so much he wanted to enjoy . . . but now he felt like his life was never but a supernatural game of chess.

Matt had gotten what he deserved. Sure, it was awful the boy had died by the one thing he feared most- which was water- but he still deserved it. He had killed and shot innocent people who made a mistake in their teenage years ages ago. So . . . Adrian couldn't pretended that he held any sadness or remorse for him and his tragic death.

❚ ❚ ❚

It seemed as if everything was beginning to fall apart in Adrian Martin's life. The boy felt like every good thing he had gained these past few months were slipping away.

Allison hadn't even bothered to check up on the Martin boy, which did sting a little. He couldn't put the full blame on her however. Victoria Argent had passed the night of Lydia's party, and Gerard was the one filling her ear with supernatural nonsense.

Scott and Adrian saw each other a few times, not much. The werewolf had his own problems after Melissa had found out about his supernatural side that he had tried to keep from her for so long. Now, the McCall family didn't talk to one another anymore.

Adrian had no clue where the hell Jackson was, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't the least bit concerned about it. The two boys may have their differences but right now, the redhead just wanted to make sure he was alive and okay after all this trauma.

Toby had gone completely offline with him. Any attempt the Martin boy had made to see his best friend were ignored and never replied to. That alone was probably the biggest loss for the teenager.

And the one person who attempted to see him everyday and didn't push him away . . . was also the one person Adrian Martin tried to shamefully avoid.

After confessing to Stiles' dad, the boy just found it impossible to step foot near the household again. Noah's thoughts on what he had said that night were still unknown . . . and Adrian didn't think Stiles knew anything about his confession either.

The teen knew it was a coward move to block Stiles out of his life, but he was afraid. What if him telling Stiles' dad the truth was a mistake?

And, the icing on the god damn cake, his mother had made an appointment with Mrs Morrell; a person Adrian had refused to go to for help his whole school career until now.

"I just feel like everything's falling apart, like, everything that I didn't even know I had until these last few weeks have been taken for granted and are slowly slipping away." The counsellor listened patiently as Adrian talked, looking down at his sweaty hands.

"Does that scare you?" The woman slowly asked, leaning forwards on her desk.

"It slightly worries me." He corrected, his lips turned down in a frown. It did scare him. It scared him a lot . . . the teen was just too prideful to admit that.

"Have you talked about it to anyone else?" Mrs Morrell curiously wondered, tilting her head at the body language of the boy. "Is there anyone you would like to talk to? Any friends?"

"I would like to talk about it to my best friend, Toby . . . but he's been ignoring me." The redhead trailed off, remembering the last time they talked at Lydia's party. "Plus, I don't think he wouldn't understand."

"Did something happen between you two that caused this and for you to believe that?"

"I-I don't know." Adrian shook his head, his green eyes normally filled with fire now lost. "I don't think so. I mean, he has been acting off lately."

"And did you help him?" The teacher asked, her brown eyes boring into him. "Did you reach out to him?"

"I-I tried to." The Martin boy nodded, sighing as he dropped his head again. "I guess I've just had a lot on my mind lately."

"What's been on your mind?"

"Death." The teen nodded, looking up honestly. "I've thought about it a lot. The aspect of dying, the fear of dying . . . the feeling of dying; I've thought and dreamt about it all."

". . . does a part of you want to die, Adrian?"

"No." Adrian shook his head, letting a small sigh escape. "In fact, these past few months I have craved living more than anything. I guess the fact that death could happen to anyone at anytime and anywhere has just hit me really."

"And does that reality scare you?" Morrell clasped her hands together in front of her, nodding along with the boy's words.

". . . I guess so, yeah." The Martin trailed off in a broken whisper, his heart feeling heavy. How had he allowed himself to end up like this?

There was a thick silence in the room, the teenager wanting to just take a knife and cut the tension filling between them. Eventually, he got his wish when Mrs Morrell spoke again. "Any positives that came out of this situation?"

"Stiles' dad got his job back at the station, that's pretty much it." Adrian nodded, feeling his stomach shift at the mention of Stiles and his father.

"What about Matt Daehler?" Mrs Morrell pressed. "Do you feel empathy for him and the night he drowned?"

Adrian immediately shook his head with a scoff. "The guy was a psycho that stalked my friend and was a creep, either way his life wouldn't have turned out great." He crossed his arms.

"What about the little ten year old Matt that drowned? Do you feel the same feeling you do for him as you do with teenage Matt?" The woman pursed her lips together, shifting in her seat.

Adrian shrugged, thinking. "I didn't know the kid when he was ten, so I can't know if he was a different person back then to the person he was in his teenage years. If he was, then I guess part of me does feel sympathy for him."

". . . and if he wasn't?"

Adrian Martin remained silent for a beat of silence to fill the room until he shook his head. "The guy was a murderer, he took lives of innocent people and harmed those who didn't deserve it. If ten year old Matt was the same person . . . then I don't feel any sad emotion on his passing."

Mrs Morrell soaked his words in, analysing him for about a minute. Adrian thought they were just about done until she asked one final question. "How do you feel, Adrian?" She frowned.

Adrian let out a rather bitter scoff. "How do I feel? Pain. I feel in pain. The worst part is that it's not my pain, and I have no idea how to fix it."

"That must feel hard." Mrs Morrell gave him a tipped lipped smile, giving him a nod.

"It's hell."

Morrell's gaze pierced into his, the corner of her lips tugging upwards. "Then I'm going to tell you the same thing I told your friend, Stiles about an hour ago: 'if you're going through hell, keep going'."

❚ ❚ ❚

Adrian's leg injury unfortunately gave him no choice but to back out of the lacrosse game that night. It sucked because it was a big match, but the redhead couldn't risk his leg getting worse sadly. Coach had no choice but to take the boy out of the game, unable to hide his annoyance that one of his best players was sitting out as he did so.

The Martin still showed up to the game with his sister, the two walking towards the bleachers as the cold wind bit at their cheeks. In the Beacon Hills support stands, Adrian noticed Noah and Melissa sitting next to one another. He stopped, gulping at the sight of his boyfriend's dad.

"M-Maybe we should find somewhere else to sit." The brother of the pair suggested, tugging on his sister's arm as they abruptly stopped.

Lydia spun round to curiously face the boy, tilting her head. "Why? What's wrong?" her eyebrows furrowed worriedly.

But it was too late, the two parents had already seen them. "Adrian! Lydia!" Sheriff called them over, waving politely at them in an invitation.

". . . never mind." The boy sighed, trudging over to the bleachers as they joined Mrs McCall and Mr Stilinski.

Melissa gave the two teens a friendly smile as they sat down, the Martin siblings in between each parent. Adrian cursed at his bad luck to have gotten the seat next to Noah, feeling his hands begin to sweat.

"Adrian," The older man began, looking over at the boy with an expression the boy didn't dare look up to see. "About that night in the station-"

Before his heart could break anymore at the news he was so sure he'd receive, Adrian cut the man off with a sigh. "I know I'm not exactly what you thought your son's type would be, and I'm sorry you had to find out like this . . . but what I said in the station still stands true. I love your son, Sheriff, I really do."

"Adrian,"

"I understand if you don't like me being with Stiles and want me long gone. Heck, I'm not sure I would even want a guy like me dating my son if I had one. But . . . I just wanted to make sure you both knew the truth if I had died that night." The boy admitted, finally having the conversation with his boyfriend's dad that he dreaded.

This was it. He thought glumly. This was the end of his relationship with Stiles Stilinski.

"Stop right there, son." Sheriff's stern voice made Adrian immediately close his mouth, waiting for impact. Noah places a hand on his shoulder. "You have nothing to apologise for."

". . . What?"

"Adrian, I'll admit when I first saw you with Stiles, the unlikely friendship between you too surprised me. But then I saw how you both acted around one another . . . and I haven't seen my son smile like that since Claudia." The Sheriff smiled sadly at the mention of his late wife, turning back to the boy. "You make my son happy, Adrian. Very happy. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad he found someone like you."

"B-But . . . I'm a guy." Adrian trailed off, looking at the man in shock. "Doesn't that bother you?"

"Son," Sheriff clapped him on the shoulder once, giving him a smile. "In this day and age; people can be whoever they want to be and love whoever they want to love. Sure, I held nothing against two boys being together at the beginning . . . but you and Stiles made me look deeper. Adrian Martin, I'm glad that out of all the boys in Beacon Hills that could've dated my son and kept him in check . . . it was you who he picked."

Adrian couldn't help the shine that came due to his eyes watering at the speech. His pink lips turned up in a heartwarming smile. "Thank you, Sheriff."

"Please, Adrian. Call me Noah."

The two men then spotted Stiles and Scott enter the lacrosse field geared up in their maroon uniform. Adrian smiled at his boyfriend from a distance, taking in how great he looked in his jersey.

The two teens sat by the bench, talking to one another as Coach up to them. Adrian perked up when he saw Stiles walk out onto the field to stand by the goal, grasping his lacrosse stick with his helmet on.

"Oh no. Why is my son running out to the field?" Noah sighed beside the boy, not noticing the teen's wide grin.

"Because he's on the team?" Melissa guessed, slightly amused by the father's words.

"He is," Noah blinked, realisation slowly hitting him. "He's on the team. He's- he's on the field." He stoop up, proudly yelling. "My son is on the field!"

Adrian grinned ear to ear as he stood up, putting all weight on his good leg as he cupped his hands around his mouth to shout. "Yeah! Let's go, Stiles! You got this!"

When he sat back down, Lydia frowned as she looked around beside him. "Hey, where's Toby? Doesn't he normally come to the lacrosse games?"

Adrian frowned, his head whipping in all directions in search of the Valack boy . . . but he wasn't there. The Martin's whole mood deflected, sadly turning back to the field. "Yeah . . . he does."

The referee's whistle suddenly blew, Adrian's eyebrows furrowed when he saw the captain of the team still on the bench. Scott looked over in his direction, his face reading anxiety as he looked around desperately.

"Excuse me." Adrian limped his way down the steps and over to the boy, sitting down next to him. Scott jumped when Adrian touched his shoulder, eyes wide as the Martin's green eyes focused on the field up front. "Alright, if you're getting the classic before the game starts nerves, I'd suggest you take a water bottle and pour it all over your face or slap yourself repeatedly to snap out of it."

"It's not that." Scott groaned, throwing his head back. "Coach can't allow me to play because of my grades. Gerard has control of the Kanima now, he's here. He's threatening to kill someone if I don't bring Derek to him in the last thirty seconds of the game."

Adrian's green eyes widened, mouth gaping in disbelief. "I missed all of this?!" Scott gave him a look, obviously telling him now wasn't the time. "Right, sorry. Do you even know where Derek is?"

The Martin returned his gaze back onto the field just as the werewolf shook his head, his eyes landing on Stiles. His boyfriend had distanced himself from the other players . . . meaning he panicked when the ball was placed in his net and all players rushed to him.

Adrian winced as Stiles' short lived excitement was destroyed by a player ramming into him, tackling him to the ground. People in the stands made shocked noises as Noah winced at his son.

"Oh my god. He's going to die on that field." Adrian stated way too seriously to be joking, his nose scrunched up.

Scott set a hand on the worried boy's shoulder. "He'll be fine, Adrian. He has your tips and has been practicing hard. I'm not gonna let Jackson get near him." He tried to reassure him.

Adrian remained unconvinced, but gave a nod to the boy anyway. Looking back onto the field, he saw Stiles struggling to pick up the ball lying on the grassy field. He eventually got it . . . only to be tackled by two other players on the opposite team.

The crowd oohed again as Scott and Adrian collectively winced from the sidelines, the Martin's heart racing for him. His hands sweated as Stiles backed up to catch the airborne ball, his mood shifting into frustration when it hit him on his helmet and people booed the boy.

"You need to do something." Adrian nodded at Scott, unable to watch Stiles play on a possible death field. Literally.

The werewolf nodded, standing up only to be pulled back down by Bobby Finstock. "Sit down, McCall." He warned.

"But, Coach, we're dying out there." Scott tried to reason, desperately looking at the teacher.

Adrian nodded, backing him up. "Yeah, we're losing rapidly. I'm surprised people are still in the stands supporting us with how bad we're falling out there."

Coach turned to one of his best players, scoffing. "I'm well aware of that, Martin. And had your mother not given me that doctors note, your ass would've been out on that field." He turned back to the McCall boy. "Now, sit."

When Isaac came over and sat down on the other side of the Martin boy in his jersey, the two teens gaped at him. He began to slip on his gloves casually, acting as if the two gaping boys weren't even staring at him.

"You came to help." Scott was first to speak, mouth hung open in shock at the fellow werewolf.

Isaac smirked over at them. "I came to win." He then looked over at Gerard standing by the bleachers, Scott and Adrian following his lead. Adrian shivered at the sight old man, a displeased look taking place on his face. "You got a plan yet?"

Scott huffed at the curly headed boy's question. "No. Right now it's pretty much just keep Jackson from killing anyone."

Adrian rolled his eyes. "Yeah, so we need you out on the field, Scott. I still want us to have a chance at winning this game!"

Isaac thought in silence for a quick second. "Okay, so we have to make it so Coach has no choice but to play you."

"He already has three substitutes- not including me since I'm injured." The Martin grumbled as he gestured to his leg. "Scott would go forth." When Adrian noticed the two werewolves sharing a wide eyed look, he sighed. "Oh god. Please don't put anyone in the hospital."

Isaac smirked slightly, putting on his helmet. "I'll try." The werewolf left the two on the bench, giving Jackson a cheeky smirk.

One by one, Adrian watched the blonde haired werewolf take out his teammates. It was amusing to watch to say the least . . . especially with an angry coach. "Lahey," Finstock yelled out onto the field, pointing an accusing finger. "Seriously, what the hell is your problem?"

Isaac only shrugged as the whistle blew again, the game continuing. Just as Adrian was beginning to cheer for the boy, Jackson attacked. He tackled the werewolf to the ground, a loud crunch being heard as Isaac soon fell in pain.

Scott jumped up, worriedly looking at the boy as Jackson smirked at him from across the field. Adrian's gaze hardened. He knew this was Gerard's doing. The man was doing everything in his power to not get Scott on the field.

To make sure he was okay, the tanned werewolf ran over to Isaac as Adrian watched; annoyed how much he leg was limiting him. His eyes glimmered with hope when Coach shoved a helmet into Scott's hands, smirking in victory as he made his way back to the stands.

"What was all that about?" Lydia asked when her brother returned, giving him a weird look.

"Technical difficulties."

Adrian might as well have replaced Coach with the amount of shouting and screaming he was doing from the bleachers at his two friends. Yes, the match could possibly end in someone dying . . . but he still wanted Beacon Hills to win.

At one point, Scott had left the field and was nowhere to be seen. Coach was furious, but the game must continue. Adrian watched in anticipation as players struggled to locate the ball . . . the Martin immediately spotting it by his boyfriend's feet.

Stiles looked around wildly for a few seconds before he hurriedly scooped up the ball and made a break for the goal. Even from the stands, Adrian could still hear his panicked screams as he looked behind him, players rushing after him.

"Stilinski!" Coach screamed, gesturing frantically to the goal. "Shoot it! Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball you idiot!"

Adrian stood up, yelling at the top of his lungs so the boy on the field heard him. "Come on, Stiles! You can do it! Shoot!"

The second Stiles heard Adrian's encouraging voice, he raised his stick and hurled it forwards. It all seemed to go in slow motion for the two as the ball flew, going straight into the back of the net.

Adrian and Noah were the loudest of all the crowd cheers as the two men hugged each other in excitement, jumping in joy for the boy.

"I scored a goal!" Stiles yelled in disbelief, his hands going above his head in victory. "I scored a goal!"

The Stilinski boy was on fire after that one shot, scoring goal after goal. Adrian's shouts never stopped as he clapped and cheered for him, feeling overjoyed at the boy's success.

Every single time he scored, Stiles would immediately look to the stands for his boyfriend. He didn't need lacrosse players congratulating him or cheering him on . . . all he needed was the look on Adrian Martin's face as he clapped and cheered for him.

The final buzz finally sounded throughout the field, creating the loudest uproar from the crowd. They had won. Beacon Hills had won! Adrian screamed, hands above his head as he grinned.

In that moment, he had forgotten all about Gerard Argent's threat . . . until the pitch lights switched off and everything went dark.

People gasped and screamed as Adrian stumbled blindly, fear striking every bone in his body. Someone was going to die . . . and his boyfriend was still on the field.

"Stiles!" Adrian's cried just as the pitch lights came back on, someone lying in the middle of the field. The redhead gasped, a horrific feeling shadowing over him as he made a beeline for the field. He didn't care about the pain in his leg. All he cared about was Stiles.

Shoving his way harshly to the front of the crowd that had formed, Adrian was washed over with relief when he saw it was not Stiles but Jackson instead. The teen's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, not making sense of it. Why Jackson? What does that mean?

All those questions soon vanished when Adrian couldn't see Stiles Stilinski anywhere on the field.

The Martin felt all the wind get knocked out of him as he stumbled back, tears threatening to spill as panic flooded his stomach. "Stiles? Stiles!" He shouted, but no reply came. "No." He whispered, part of himself still in shock and denial.

"Jackson! Jackson!" Lydia screeched as she pushed her way through to the front, breathing heavily. "Jackson, what's happening?"

"Can we get a medic over here! We're gonna need a medic!" Finstock screamed just as Melissa and Scott broke through the crowd, the woman bending down to the player.

She put her ear to Jackson's chest, frowning as she worriedly looked at Coach. "He's not breathing." She stated. "No pulse."

"Nothing?" Scott asked, standing with Adrian and Isaac, who had healed from his earlier lacrosse accident.

"Nothing." Melissa confirmed.

"Oh my god!" Lydia began to cry when Jackson's jersey was lifted up to reveal bloodied wounds all over his chest. "There's blood! There's blood!"

"Look," Scott mumbled, gaining the two boys' attention next to him as he pointed at Jackson's hands. His hands were bloody.

"He did it to himself?" Isaac asked, confused as he looked down at the player.

"Get down here." Melissa instructed to a frozen Lydia as she started to press her hands to his chest. "Get down here and hold his head. Tilt it up."

"Where's Stiles?" Noah Stilinski suddenly stumbled his way through a crowd as Lydia did as she was told, looking all over the pitch the same way Adrian had. "Where's Stiles? Where the hell is my son?!"

A U T H O R. N O T E
only a few chapters left and that's this book finished, guys! i can't believe i am actually going to finish writing a book for once in my life lol.

let us also ignore that chapter title, i know it's bad. i really panicked when naming this one.

i was going to save this chapter and post it a few days later but in celebration of the scorch trials being back on netflix, you get an update!

GIF MADE BY ME !
R O S C O E O B R I E N

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 12.1K 56
Stiles Stilinski is a nobody. He's just one insignificant dot in this world, let alone high school. At least he has his best friends Malia Tate and I...
376K 10.5K 28
A boy with a bad past, present, and future, as far as he could tell, moved to Beacon Hills where his whole life changed. He gets thrown into a supern...
230K 7.5K 25
During the summer before his senior year, Stiles decides to create a new chapter in his life. He comes out to his friends and is taken aback by the o...
17.1K 642 12
๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐™๐™Š๐™’๐™€๐™ -๐™ˆ๐™€๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„๐™‰๐™‚๐™Ž- ๐™Ž๐™๐˜ฟ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™‰ ๐˜พ๐™ƒ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™‚๐™€, ๐™๐™‹๐™ƒ๐™€๐˜ผ๐™‘๐˜ผ๐™‡, ๐˜พ๐™ƒ๐˜ผ๐™Š๐™Ž, ๐™๐™€๐™‘๐™€๐™‡๐˜ผ๐™๐™„๐™Š๐™‰, ๐˜ผ๐™’๐˜ผ๐™†๐™€๐™‰๐™„๐™‰๐™‚. โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•...