Not Alone ~ Haikyu Omegaverse

By StarStruck_2018

In a world where second genders seem to mean everything what will happen when a certain pair are not what the... More

Parental Bonds (Daisuga)
No more secrets (Kagehina)
Back to normal? (Kagehina)
Fighting Love (Iwaoi)

Attention (Kagehina)

1K 24 3
By StarStruck_2018

The halls seemed to be completely quiet as Kageyama stared at the orange haired boy in front of him. Even though there were crowds of students around, it was like they didn't exist. 'This was not the plan' Hinata thought. 'He wasn't supposed to see me like this, like the disgusting creature I am.' Hinata could only watch as Kageyama's shocked eyes turned to the floor as he slowly backed away from the what he now knew to be an alpha. The scent that Hinata was giving off was so strong he almost couldn't breathe. Hinata was at a loss for words as he watched his best friend run down the halls away from him.

Hinata's POV

I almost ran after him but the strong feeling of betrayal that seemed to gleam in his eyes stopped me. I hated my second gender. All my life I expected to be an omega. Every aspect of my being pointed towards the paternal nature and submissive nature of an omega. When the test came back that I was an alpha I stayed holed up in my room for a week. I didn't want to be associated with the harsh  and cruel ways of an alpha. So I did everything I could, taking scent suppressants and forcing my second gender to the side as much as possible. I guess it wasn't enough. Now everyone in the school will know I'm an alpha. And it's all my own damn fault.

Third person POV

Hinata ran in the opposite direction that Kageyama went, just to get away from the crowd. He ignored the thoughts of regret and anxiety creeping in on him. The only thing on his mind was getting somewhere safe first. He stopped in the empty bathroom next to the volleyball gym and went into a stall before sinking down to the floor. He started to shake, his breathing sped up as tears rolled down his face. 'Kageyama is scared of me now, everyone is scared of me now' Hinata thought. 'How could I confess that I like Kageyama if he hates me even more now.'

Hinata froze as he heard the bathroom door open and two sets of foot steps come in. 'People can't see me like this, they'll think I'm weak.' He tried to quiet his breathing as he listened to the footsteps getting closer.
"Hinata? Are you in here?" said a very concerned voice. He kept quiet as the footsteps stopped outside of his stall door.
"Open the door Hinata we are here to help."
He knew he couldn't have hidden from the team parents but he didn't expect them to find him while he was still in this state. He stares at the lock on the door as it starts to turn to unlock.

"We're coming in Hinata." Sugawara says as the door starts to open.
Hinata backs into a corner his face buried in his knees. He lets off a very strong scent in which you could smell the anxiety and regret meant to keep people away as the alpha is in a vulnerable state. Suga doesn't care that going up to the alpha goes against his ever present omega instinct because to him it's his pup who needs him. Daichi watches as his mate goes to embrace the shaking alpha and as the omega lets off a very comforting scent that seems to calm Hinata enough that he stops shaking.

Suga pulls away to look at Hinata whose face is all red and blotchy and who still seems on edge from whatever happened earlier. "Wanna tell us what happened Hinata?" Suga asked in a motherly tone. Hinata looks up at the couple and starts to tell them everything that happened that day.

~Flashback to this morning~

Everyday Hinata dreaded going to school. He was scared he wouldn't be able to hold back one of these times and everyone would know that he's an alpha. He walked to school and met Kageyama on the way to early morning practice. Even though Kageyama did not tell him he was sure the he was an omega even though he tried to act like an alpha.

He knew from the first day of volleyball practice when he got in a fight with Tsukishima. Since Tsukishima was proudly an alpha and easily got annoyed he had growled at Kageyama only to get reprimanded by Daichi. Hinata seemed to be the only one to notice the flash of fear in Kageyama's eyes, in response to Tsukishima's growl and how he avoided him for the rest of practice.
Hinata couldn't deny the fact that he was starting to fall for the omega-try-to-be-alpha who was constantly pestering him. Hinata acted like an omega and used enough scent suppressants to not smell like an alpha so Kageyama didn't know any better.

Hinata knew that if he ever confessed his feelings for Kageyama he would have to tell him that he's an alpha, no matter how much he hated it.
The walk to practice was eerily quiet as the orange-haired boy was deep in his thoughts. Kageyama wanted to ask what was bothering him but he knew that since he was his best friend he would tell him when he was ready.

Right before they go into the club room a couple alphas came up to them. "What do we have here, a few omegas roaming the halls all alone?" The other alpha simply snickered as both boys glared at the alphas. It took all of Hinata's strength to not growl at one of the alphas as he got closer to Kageyama. Luckily he didn't have to as Daichi and Tanaka came around the corner and told the two alphas to back off. No one messed with his volleyball pack that was a given. Daichi was known for his overprotective nature more than any other team captain.

The two alphas in front of them simply put their hands up and said to Daichi "Sorry, didn't realize these were yours, maybe we can make an agreement some time." One of them not so subtly winked before receiving a growl from Daichi. This wasn't the first time the omegas in the team had been threatened by alphas outside the pack. Daichi gave the offending alphas a warning before they walked away from them, watching until they were out of sight.

"Thanks Captain!" Hinata bowed before turning and smiling at Kageyama. "Let's go before we are late for practice!" He said before speeding down the hall to the club room to change.

"You got a head start you dumbass!" Kageyama yelled chasing after the orange-haired boy.

~After practice and early morning classes, so lunchtime~

Hinata heard the bell ring signalling that it was now lunchtime. Hinata left his classroom to find Kageyama, stopping by the vending machine to grab two cartons of milk. Stepping into Kageyama's classroom he finds his friend still asleep on his desk, drooling sliding out of his open mouth.

He just couldn't pass up the opportunity of Kageyama looking so cute and peaceful. He took out his phone and quickly snapped a picture of him before making that his new background on his phone. He shook Kageyama's shoulder trying to wake him up and bracing to be hit at the same time. Slowly he was met with blue eyes looking up at him almost as if he was dreaming, as for once Kageyama didn't look mad at him just...what's the word content? peaceful? happy? Hinata wasn't sure but he did know that he wished he would look at him like that more often.

"Let's-Let's go eat lunch Kageyama!" Hinata stuttered trying his hardest to keep the blush from his face when he noticed he was staring. The duo left the classroom together to go to their favourite quiet spot behind the school. It was a nice sunny day outside so they opted to sit under the shade of a cherry blossom tree together, however they didn't seem to be the first people with that idea

Getting closer to the tree Hinata noticed that there were two other people in their spot. 'I guess we'll just have to ask them to politely leave then' he thought. It wasn't until they got closer that he recognized the pair as the alphas from earlier that day. Hinata tugged on Kageyama's sleeve as he stopped walking and then gestured over to the people under the tree who Kageyama apparently hadn't seen before that moment. Seeing the worried look in Hinata's eyes Kageyama started walking back towards the building thinking that it'd be best if they avoid confrontation. Especially since Kageyama can only act as an alpha so much before his omega side seems to take a hit.

Unfortunately the pair weren't able to get away as easily as they thought. "Well if it isn't the two omegas from this morning..." one of the alphas said with a smirk, evident from just his voice. Kageyama and Hinata didn't reply and kept walking back to the school. It wasn't until that same alpha spoke in a commanding voice "Look at me when I speak to you omegas." The scent he was giving off was overpowering and abusive to the two first years. Kageyama stopped and flinched ever so slightly as he used all of his willpower not to turn around. Hinata however just seemed a bit pissed at the fact that these alphas had gotten a reaction out of the usually stoic Kageyama. He grabbed the taller boys hand and started to run towards the school pulling him with him. He hoped that maybe some of his pack members would be nearby so that this growing desire to pummel the two alphas behind him would go away.

They managed to make it inside the school but the halls were empty much to both of their fears. They were afraid of what would happen next but both for different reasons. Hinata was afraid his alpha side would have a field day and Kageyama was afraid that he would be seen as a useless omega. Hinata glanced at Kageyama all too aware of his fear due to the sour scent now coming off of him. A low growl escaped Hinata's mouth which only had Kageyama's head snapping towards him with a confused expression. Realizing his mistake Hinata went to make some sort of joke to lighten the mood only to be stopped as the two alphas walked through the doors. 'This is great just great' Hinata thought 'I can't let them hurt my Kageyama' was what his instincts were telling him.

Hinata stepped protectively in front of the setter which had him confused. He whispered "What the heck are you doing dumbass!" The orange haired boy didn't respond just put a hand behind his back and gave a well known signal to Kageyama. 'Minus quick' but they weren't playing volleyball so obviously Kageyama had to get a different meaning from it. It dawned on him that he just meant 'Trust me, together we're invincible'. Although he was hesitant since Hinata was a lot smaller than him he decided that he must've had some sort of plan, unless he really is just a dumbass.

"Well well well. Look what we have here. An omega with guts, I like it. What should we do first? Maybe have a bit of fun with chibi-chan before we try anything with the dark haired one?" The other alpha chuckled before replying "Sounds good to me but we gotta make sure that they don't make to much noise. " As they stepped closer Hinata growled at them making them both stop for a second both getting closer and grabbing the back of Hinata's neck. It was a trick used to make omegas submit but Hinata was no omega. Grabbing an alphas neck is a way to incite a fight. Another growl escaped Hinata and the alpha pulled back taking the scent suppressant off of Hinata in the process.

The hall flooded with Hinata's pheromones and the alphas backed away realizing too late that this wasn't an omega. Hinata's teeth were bared as his scent was pushed out to the alphas in front of him. Both alphas started to gasp and grab at their throats struggling to breathe with the overpowering scent. Kageyama was shocked. Never had he seen an alpha control his scent in order to protect him. There was a commotion around him as the bell rang and people started to go towards their classes, they all stopped and stared at the scene in front of them. The small orange haired alpha slowly snapped out of his state and stopped baring his teeth realizing the crowd around him. He noticed the two alphas in front of him were unconscious on the floor.

*he then told them what happened at the beginning of the chapter*

~Back to present time~

The bathroom floor was cold and damp from Hinata's tears. He had told Suga and Daichi everything and yet he was still afraid of their judgement. Then he remembered that Daichi was clearly an alpha and the person rubbing circles on his back was an omega that was mated to said alpha. His tears slowly dissipated and his pheromones went back to normal. The captain didn't seem that surprised that Hinata was an alpha what did surprise him however is how much it was rumoured that he could control his alpha pheromones.

Since Daichi and Suga were third years they weren't near the hallway where everything transpired. News travelled quickly that a small orange haired alpha left two other students unconscious before running off. The motive was unknown at the time but now it made sense. Kageyama was an omega that Hinata knew needed protecting even if it was the expense of their friendship.

Suga slowly backed away from the first year and glanced at Daichi giving him a look that said 'Can you take it from here?' Daichi sighed softly and knew that Suga had to go. He nodded and moved to Hinata's side, watching as Suga left the bathroom to go find Kageyama.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 1.5K 21
Its an omegaverse story but with a bit of my own personal touch, i got so inspired by all the people who make stories about omegaverse or tsukihina O...
54.5K 1.5K 13
"Bear my mark. That's what I want - what I really want." Tsukishima's golden eyes bore into Hinata's sparkling ones, his heart going out of control...
117K 4.3K 126
This is the second part to a set pair. (Note) this is not a sequel) this book starts at chapter 193. hōyō Hinata a Omega is starting his first year...
122K 4K 22
Boy X Boy. (: Haikyuu!! fanfic. Both Kageyama and Hinata realise that they are feeling something, something beyond friendship for each other. And whe...