Wrong Groom

By shinelikeadiamond123

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also... More

Wrong Groom + Cast
Extended summary
Chapter 1 Birthday Bash
Chapter 2 Just what?
Chatpter 3 Generation pact?
Chapter 4 Visiting the lion's den
Chapter 5 Brunch
Chapter 6 Another party?
Chapter 7 Threat?
Chapter 8 Pregnancy scam
Chapter 9 Revenge
Chapter 10 Help
Chapter 11 Surprise
Chapter 12 Struggle
Chapter 13 Huh really?
Chapter 14 Chapped lips
Chapter 15 Are you kidding me?
Chapter 16 The Intruder
Chapter 18 Iced Coffee
Chapter 19 Media
Chapter 20 Uninvited Guest
Chapter 21 Good Friend
Chapter 22 Harsh reality
Chapter 23 Preparations?
Chapter 24 First impression
Chapter 25 Why god?
Chapter 26 Bridal shower!
Chapter 27 Seriously?
Chapter 28 Free
Chapter 29 Pandemic
Chapter 30 Expect the unexpected
Chapter 31 Happily ever after
Chapter 32 Mirror selfies
Chapter 33 Mrs?
Chapter 34 Bad friend
Chapter 35 Hide and Seek
Chapter 36 Hostage situation
Chapter 37 Rescued?
Chapter 38 Backfired plans
Chapter 39 Hotel room situation

Chapter 17 Weird things

713 41 5
By shinelikeadiamond123

James rolls his eyes and sits onto the opposite sofa, crossing his legs and the shy guy who really has good muscles sits on the chair nearby.

"Oh please don't make me the person who separates the lovable couple! Please sit next to each other there is a lot of place in the sofa. Isn't it James?"

I say slightly pulling and singing the last line.

James scoots and makes space for that guy.

"Ok why are you here now?" James says being annoyed and looking at his watch.

Not caring a word he said, I look up to the guy and say, "Hi I am Emma, what's your good name?"

"Ok that's it, Alex I think you can leave now!" James says standing up.

"Aww, your name is Alex! Nice to meet you!"

Alex shyly looks up at James, it kind of looked like he was asking his permission.
James nods his head and walks off towards the kitchen.

Alex clears his throat and I look back at him and nod my head.

"Hi! Nice to meet you too! See actually I know about you, you are James's fiancée right? I have read a lot about you!"

Woah! Even though it sounded a little creepy, I shake my head and say, "Forget about me! Tell me about yourself?"

Before he could open his mouth to answer. James walks in.

"I guess the little chit chat you wanted to have is over! So Alex I will see you tomorrow?"

I couldn't stop myself I say, "Oh a date huh?"

Alex shakes his head and says, "No we have a business meeting!"

He looks at James yearningly.

James just looks down at his phone, scrolling randomly.

Alex then nods his head and then looks at me and smiles sadly and says, "It was really great to talk with you! You are really a great inspiration!"

"Thanks! I haven't done anything great just my duty!" I say standing up.

He leaves carrying his laptop bag away.
***
I come back to the reality, when I hear Alex say, "Doctor am I fine? You have been looking at the case files for a while now!"

I shake my head no and place the files on the table and say, "Nothing is wrong, don't you worry! It's just a minor operation of tonsil removal. We will have you scheduled tomorrow, are you ok with it?"

"Oh thank heavens! I was so scared. I am good with tomorrow."

"Great, the nurse Maria will let you know all the details. Do you have any questions you would like to ask me?"

He shakes his head first then something flashes and then he shyly smiles and then asks, "Is it ok for me to you know...do..God this is so embarrassing!"

First I was confused then it strikes me and I say having a straight face not trying to think about it a lot, "No, I think it's fine. Just don't tire yourself a lot. Don't eat anything before you come in tomorrow. Maria will let you know about all the preparations you have to take before coming in. Anything else?"

He shakes his head and then says, "Nope! Thank you so much Doctor! I am really happy and less stressed knowing that you are doing the surgery. I know I am in good hands."

He smiles kinda weirdly and leaves before I could say anything.

I then take my phone back and text Adam.

"Hey! Why did you come to my office today?"

I immediately get a text back.

"Why now I shouldn't come in anytime or without any reason?"

Seeing that text immediately, I call Adam.
He picks up at one ring.

"Why are you texting like that? What did I do wrong now?"

"Great now you have done something wrong also! Wow first I hear you are going to get married in 3 weeks and now this! Great Emma! This is something I really signed up for!"

I get so shocked and literally no words come out of my mouth. Gulping I say,

"Why are you talking like this Adam? See I am sorry but you know how my family is, you know all the things I have gone through. Please try to..."

Before I could complete the sentence. He cuts me and says,

"Please? Why are you tiring yourself? I don't want that for the bride to be! After all you are going to get married to the  most hottest bachelor according to People's magazine! Isn't that wonderful?

His each word were like knife being thrown at me.

I feels tears start forming and my eyes start to burn. After drinking the water on my desk as I suddenly felt my throat going parched.

"Adam can we please not this through phone? Can you come to my place today 7 pm?"

"Oh so now I have to visit the queen's palace only. Oh sorry why would the queen visit a peasant house anyway?"

"Adam I don't know if you even can understand that how much your words are hurting me!"

"Oh sorry Emma! I am heartless creature here right! Right! Sorry! Very sorry!"

The sarcasm in each of his words that he was saying was choking me.

"Adam please don't.."  I say controlling my tears.

I hear the call getting cut before I could complete the sentence.

I look at my phone and a lone tear falls on the screen. I just remember the conversation we had before Alex visited.

I start to feel so bad, I start thinking it's my fault actually in the first place. I was the one who didn't tell him about it in the first place.

I place my head on the desk and my thoughts go back to the day after Alex leaves in James's house.
***
"So would you like some coffee?" James asks waiting for my reply.

I rub my eyes and shake my head acting as if I am clearing my ears. James just stands there amused.

"James did you just talk me to cordially? Oh my god! Is the world coming to an end?" I say dramatically.

James just shakes his head and sits in the sofa opposite to me.

"See I tried ok! Don't start going Gaga on me again!" He says smiling.

"Oh! Looks like someone is really in a good mood! Didn't know a man could satisfy you that well bruh!"

James just leans front has his hands folded and then says, "Emma first don't call me a bruh! Next what's up with you, I told you before itself I am a bi. Then I don't think so we were exclusive. Please correct me if I am wrong, I just saw you yesterday kissing a boy!"

I just controlled myself from cutting when he was giving his big ass lecture.

"Oh you are done? I thought I really have to take up your offer of having that coffee you offered if another word comes from your mouth." I say rolling my eyes.

"Wow Emma! You don't always forget me to remind me that I am having a conversation with a 2 year old.

Before I could say anything, I hear the doorbell ring. James gets up and just leaves like that.

I control my anger, like seriously his audacity to leave the argument just like that. What does he think about himself?

My thoughts all come to a crashing stop, when I see my parents along with James's dad comes through the hallway.

I really couldn't believe my eyes, if that was more shocking.

I was going to faint when James walks up to me and wounds his hand along my waist and says, "So darling you were about to say something?"

*********
Hello guys! Hope you all are doing well and good. A long update after a lot of days.
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 13.7K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
2.2M 89.7K 52
"Get the hell out of my room", he shouted as soon as I entered his room. Is he for real? How can he be this peaceful when I'm not able to sleep a win...
134K 9.4K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
2.6K 211 29
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...