๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events

13.9K 489 242
By ASTRAGAZER-

Sakura woke up with a start. She lie on the bed for a few seconds, eyes fix on the ceilings as she remembered the events of last night. Last night was eventful. Too eventful that it took the pinkette a few seconds to remember all of it. From all the relationship revelations to her announcing that she's pregnant.

That's right, Sakura blurted out the words herself like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Unless it wasn't. And everyone was surprise to the point that even Karui asked who the father was to which Sasuke replied with a glare that shut the Kumo shinobi.

Sakura could feel her face reddened at the mere thought that her friends knew about it. Of course her embarrassing thoughts did not stop her nausea as she run to the bathroom. And there goes her morning sickness. What a way to start off the day.

"You're not going to train today?" Sakura asked right after they had eaten breakfast. Sasuke just shook his head as he took a scroll that Sakura had just notice he was holding.

"What's that?" Sakura asked, joining Sasuke in the living room.

"It was from Kakashi. He sent it this morning," Sasuke said before untying the ribbon around the scroll using his teeth. Sakura looked at it with a frown.

The pinkette always had a good instinct, she didn't know why but somehow her instinct got sharper as she stare at the scroll feeling something suspicious about whatever's written on it.

When Sasuke opened the scroll, his eyes scan its content as Sakura watched him intently. She noticed the frown starting to form on his forehead. His eyes also changed into something akin to a glare as the seconds passed by.

Sasuke read the message over and over again. No matter how he look at it, or even read the content backwards, Kakashi's message was clear as day.

"Sasuke-kun, what's wrong?" Sakura asked, a bit cautious as she notice Sasuke's face that was scaring her a bit.

The Uchiha sighed and closed his eyes before gripping the scroll. He opened his eyes and looked at Sakura, the glare now soften as Sasuke stare at the pinkette.

"Yesterday, you asked me to tell you about what I told my brother at the Naka Shrine, right?" Sasuke asked to which surprised Sakura. It surprised the pinkette at how Sasuke changed the topic like she wouldn't notice it. But Sakura just nodded.

"Let's go to Naka Shrine."

Sakura was confused. Sasuke didn't answer her question, he even went on to open yesterday's topic to dodge her question. But Sakura doesn't want to press on the subject, he would tell her about the message, but not now.

After getting ready, the two went out of the apartment and headed to Naka Shrine without bumping into anyone on the way to the Uchiha Compound.

Sakura was instantly welcome with the fresh breeze from the forest as they walked up the steps toward the Shrine. The sound of wind swooshing through leaves made Sakura feel at ease as she held Sasuke's hand. The fresh summer air was also relaxing as they walked towards the Shrine.

There was silence for a moment as they enjoyed the lull of the summer breeze until Sasuke spoke.

"I told my brother about you," he said. "I told him about the future I envision with you."

Sakura felt a sudden warmth enveloping her chest as she let go of Sasuke's hand and sat on the grass floor. She pat her lap as Sasuke stare at her in confusion.

"Come, Sasuke-kun." The pinkette tap her lap again and Sasuke realized what she meant.

Sasuke closed his eyes as he sighed, shaking his head, he proceeded to walk towards the pinkette and lied down. He adjusted comfortably on her lap as he stare up the blue sky adorned with many fluffy cloud like cotton candies.

"This feels like the past," he said as he remembered the last time he lied down on someone's lap, peaceful as slumber almost overtook him. That was when they were genin.

Sasuke was never one to reminisce the past, he was always the type to continue walking ahead towards the future. He even used to think that looking back was just a waste of time. But now, Sasuke believed that it's not bad to look back once in a while. Especially when he's looking back at the things that made him who he is now.

Sasuke felt the light touch on his head and realized Sakura was brushing his hair like his mother would do to him when he was young.

"Sasuke-kun, I never really knew you before I met you at the Academy," Sakura started, as she continued brushing Sasuke's hair.

"That time I was young and all I saw was this handsome young boy whom I instantly fell head over heels for."

Sasuke's memories flashed to when he first met Sakura. She was this outgoing kid hiding behind a shy insecure girl.

"But I never really knew you before that."

Sasuke closed his eyes as he relaxed while Sakura brushed his hair.

"Before I became the prodigy at the Academy. I was first a young boy who idolized his brother more than anyone else in this world. I was first a young boy who longed for his father's acknowledgement. I was first a young boy who sought his mother's embrace every night he had nightmares."

Sakura felt a smile on her lips, she hummed as Sasuke continued telling her a story of the young Uchiha Sasuke before the Academy.

And before she knew it, Sasuke had told her everything there was to tell. From training with his brother, doing everything to get acknowledge by his father and his mother assuring him that his father was secretly proud of him. And Sakura was silent as she listened to the story that Sasuke would never tell anyone but Sakura.

After he was done talking, Sakura felt a hand on the tip of her hair that fell from its tuck above her ear.

"The letter, Kakashi's message," Sasuke started, looking at the pinkette as he caress her cheek.

"He informed me about the Kages order. They ordered me to investigate the scroll from the Chief of the land of Steam, the small tribe we helped a few months ago. They suspected it has something to do with Kaguya Otsutsuki."

Sakura slowly processed what she just heard, word by word. Her hands froze as she replayed Sasuke's statement over in her head.

"I have to leave next week to gather information."

Sakura's heart quickened as the words she dreaded to hear left his mouth. Only when she felt Sasuke's hand brushing her cheeks did she realize there were tears already flowing from her eyes.

"Sasuke-kun..." Sakura trailed off as she fought the words from leaving her mouth too.

"You're leaving?" She asked even though she already know the answer and she doubt if she wanted to hear it directly from him.

Sasuke closed his eyes as he nodded. There was silence between them after that, only the howl of the wind can be heard, carrying their thoughts and feelings away.

_____

After that, they ate lunch in silence. Sasuke would look at Sakura every now and then, briefly contemplating whether to start a conversation. In the end Sasuke would remain silent and would avert his eyes when Sakura look at him.

The pinkette felt a sudden urge of sadness when Sasuke told her he was leaving, again. When they arrived back at the apartment that night, the sadness welling up inside Sakura's chest overwhelmed her.

Sasuke's silence didn't help her surging emotion nor was his small apology when they arrived at the apartment.

"Sorry," he whispered, the silent apartment made his word louder.

Sakura wished he would just remain silent for the rest of the evening. Because once she heard his word Sakura can't stop the floodgates anymore and big fat tears started falling from her eyes.

"It's unfair. Lord Sixth is unfair. The Kages are unfair. Why do they have to send you away when they can send someone else to do this mission?" Sakura knew she was being irrational but she can't help her emotions no matter how illogical. And Sasuke knew it, so instead of reprimanding her he took a step forward and wiped the tears from her cheek.

"I'll come back before you know it," Sasuke said but it wasn't what Sakura wanted to hear.

"Can you take me with you?"

Sasuke's hand froze for a moment and he frowned.

On a different scenario he would have accepted her request. Sasuke would have take her with him on this mission like he did before. But now is different.

"You know I can't take you with me," Sasuke said as his eyes trailed down her stomach. Sakura noticed it and her hands unconsciously brushed up her stomach that is starting to feel like a small bump.

"But I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry about me."

"I don't have to worry about you?" Sasuke asked, he's starting to feel quite annoyed. "I'm worried about you every single day, what are you talking about?"

Sakura stopped for a moment as she replayed her words over in her head. What was she saying? Of course Sasuke would be worried. That's why he's going on this mission alone. He feared she might get in danger, especially when she's pregnant.

Sasuke put his hand on the side of her face as his thumb brushed her tear-stained cheek. "I can't risk you both in this mission. It's too dangerous."

Sakura nodded as she looked down but Sasuke held her face and made her look up at him.

"It won't take long. I will talk to Kakashi tomorrow."

Sasuke looked at side as a light blush dusted his cheeks but because of the lack of light it went unnoticeable, he muttered, "Besides, I'd hate it if I wasn't by your side when my son is born."

Sakura can't help but chuckle as she looked at him with her eyebrow raised. "Son?"

"Father intuition,"

Sakura crossed her arms and stare at Sasuke with a straight face before bursting in laughter. "I'd say it's a girl."

Sasuke looked at her, this time it was his turn to raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Mother intuition," Sakura shrugged her shoulders and laughed, the topic a while ago had been forgotten momentarily as they get ready for bed.

They let slumber took them to dreamland, as Sakura lie on his chest. Before falling asleep she told herself, she has one week before Sasuke go off on his mission.

_____

Sakura cooked breakfast, for the first time after a while. Sasuke knew she's acting like this because he'll be away on a mission next week.

"Good morning, Sasuke-kun," Sakura greeted with a smile to which Sasuke returned with a nod a small upturn of his lips.

"Do you want to come with me to Kakashi's office after breakfast?" Sasuke asked. He looked up and saw Sakura nodded.

Right after breakfast they proceeded to the Hokage's office. They passed by Naruto on the way who was walking with Hinata.

When they stepped inside the building, they walked across Shikamaru who was yawning.

"Ah Sasuke, Sakura. What are you guys doing here?" The Nara asked as he stopped in front of the two.

"Is Kakashi busy?"

"Lord Sixth is talking to Lord Kazekage. You can wait outside his office, it won't take long," Shikamaru said pointing on the Hokage's office the moment the door opened to reveal Gaara and Temari.

"Sakura," Gaara acknowledge the pinkette and nodded to Sasuke's direction.

"I'd been wanting to ask you something. If you would have a moment, can we talk?" Gaara asked and Sakura blinked in confusion.

The pinkette looked at Sasuke and Gaara stare at the Uchiha. "Sasuke, can I talk to Sakura for a moment?"

Sasuke was about to say no when Kakashi walked out of the door. "Sasuke, what brought you here?"

Sakura placed a hand on his arm as she smiled. "It's okay Sasuke-kun. I'll meet you later."

Sasuke nodded as Sakura followed Gaara and Temari while the Uchiha walked inside the Hokage's office.

"Do you know what Gaara wanted to tell Sakura?" Kakashi asked, mischief dancing through his eyes as he walked towards the glass window looking down at the retreating figure of the san siblings together with his former student.

"I could ask her later. But now, I'd like to tell you how annoyed I am when I received the order."

Kakashi turned around and look at Sasuke. "Are you now? But this mission is no joke. It might turn into something foreboding."

"I know. That's why I'm willing to leave Sakura in Konoha. I'll count on you to send messages if something happens to her, Kakashi."

Kakashi nodded, that's enough confirmation for Sasuke.

"Here is the scroll from the Chief of The Land of Steam." Sasuke took it and opened the scroll. Briefly scanning the content with his visual prowess.

He walked out of the Hokage's office and proceeded to where Sakura and the sand siblings went. Kakashi watched from the window. He almost told Sasuke about what Gaara wanted to tell Sakura. Fortunately he didn't tell the Uchiha. Kakashi will leave it to Sakura to tell him.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 18.8K 54
โ๐™„๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฌ๐™š'๐™™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™– ๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™š๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™– ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฏ๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ค๐™—๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™˜๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๏ฟฝ...
47.8K 3K 33
[Sasuke Uchiha X Sakura Haruno] Sakura Haruno knew falling for her fictional character was a bad idea. Now she's in a complicated situation, waking u...
63.1K 1.6K 17
Haruno is a maid in Uchiha's household. Who's madly in love with Uchiha Sasuke. But not only does she wears glasses, is shy, short and ugly, Uchiha c...
3.2K 131 10
One-shots on different scenarios of my favorite couple. Disclaimer : I do not own Naruto and the characters in the story. They belong to Masashi Ki...