chaser | liskook (new plot!)

By peachyliskook

❝ why are you chasing me?! ❞ ❝ i need to know why you actually cheated on chaeyoung, you jerk! ❞ ➵ in which j... More

a/n
chaser
ch. 02 ; all about her

ch. 01 ; mangoes & waffles

845 36 15
By peachyliskook

"Is it true?" Chaeyoung whispers, barely audible. "Please, tell me it's not true Lisa."

I try to look at her with as much confidence as I could, but all I can see in her glassy eyes is pain. Tears full of hurt and sadness.

I gulp out of nervousness. I then take a deep breath and exhale, as I hold Chae's hands in mine, gently rubbing her fingers with my thumb. I muster up as much courage as i can, "I don't love him back, Chae," I softly answer her, "and I never will. I swear on our friendship."

A tear rolls down her cheek as she quickly wipes it away, softly smiling at me while chuckling. We both knew that if we ever swore on our friendship, it was genuine and serious. "I don't know what I'd do without you by my side, Lalice. Always remember that I love you no matter what." I slowly smile back and weakly reply, "I love you too, Rosie, always."

The realization struck in my mind and deep within my heart, whilst hugging Chaeyoung in my arms. I sulk in disappointment and disbelief, in myself.

I'm sorry Chae, for lying to your face for the first time ever.

༉‧₊˚✧

FLASHBACK
5 months ago [Nov. 2018]

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung! He doesn't deserve you, okay? Boys never know how to properly treat a girl. It's his loss-" I cut Jennie unnie off, "Yes unnie, I think she gets the idea," I curl up onto the bed next to Chae as I backhug her. She loves those. "but Jen's right. You deserve better, to be treated and loved better." I say to her with sympathy in my eyes.

"Look, it's been two weeks Rosie, you need to get over him, I'm sure you two can still be good friends. Bangtan is a good group of boys," Jisoo unnie slowly walks out of the room after getting interrupted by Jennie. "Yeah right," she scoffs, "like his reason to break things off was any good." Jen adds with a scowl.

"It's the entertainment industry, and we're all in it. I don't get why he just threw everything away between you two just because it was getting hectic?" Jennie unnie contemplates out loud. "I-I don't get it either, but it's alright. As long as he's hap-"

"No, focus on being happy, yourself, Chae. Stop worrying about him." I persistently remind her, cutting off her repetitive words. "Yeah, I know Lis," she softly replies, "but him out of all people should've known that I'm a very understandable person..." she says with tears flowing down her cheeks. She has always been the sensitive type, and it breaks my heart to see her in this state.

We hear the door open again, to see Jisoo walking in and setting down a huge bowl of cubed-cut mangoes in front of Chaeyoung, "Gomawo, unnie." she smiles while chopping on her first piece. Mangoes were a literal weakness for her. We all sigh as I pulled everyone into a group hug, as me, Jennie, and Jisoo unnie shower all of our "I love you's" on Chaeyoung, making her giggle. Mission accomplished.

We all shared a bit of small talk with one another, before finally leaving Chaeyoung's room to go to our own beds, for it was almost midnight. I hug her goodnight and smile to her, "Goodnight, Chae." I whisper.

I close her door and sigh. Walking back to my room, I see Leo and Luca already curled up on my bed. I silently giggle as I tidy up my room before carefully snuggling up next to my two babies. I smile as I see Luca yawn, revealing his sharp fangs, before drifting off to slumber omce again.

As I make myself comfortable in my bed, I grab my phone from the white bedside table next to me. I unlock it, going straight to my text messages. I slightly pause, closing my eyes in deep thought, before sighing. Okay, yeah. I need to do this, for her. I open my eyes and scroll to a conversation with someone I hold dear to my heart. Seeing his name gives me a feeling of nostalgia and warmth. I unconsciously smile to myself.

◌༉‧

bammie 🍔

bambam

yah

answer my texts
read 11:51 pm

What's up noona?

can you do me the
hugest favor

?

do you know any of
jungkook's plans for
this week?

Maybe

i just need to talk.

Aigoo, don't do
anything dumb

shut up, now do you
have an answer?

Dog cafe, tmrw, yw

ur a lifesaver, ty
read 11:58pm

◌༉‧

The next day

"Unnies, I'm going to my boxing lessons!" I holler out towards their rooms, receiving "okay's" and "be safe's" back. I smile to myself before kissing Kuma and Leo goodbye, as they were the only ones in the kitchen munching on the nip in their bowls. I grab my black beanie and my facemask, grabbing my things, then walking out the door.

I quickly look at my lockscreen to check the time. 9:47 am I do indeed have boxing lessons today, I never lie. But actually in 3 hours, before I had to come back to my dorm to get picked up by my manager. I have enough time, I think to myself.

I call up an Uber, while breathing in the crisp and cold air of Seoul in the autumn season. I check my messages with Bambam, reassuring myself that I won't be late. He informed me that Jungkook plans on arriving at the cafè around 10:30. Perfect. I still don't know if he's expecting to meet someone there, or if he'll be alone, I was hoping that it was the second option.

This was your only chance to catch the prick off-guard, and to finally get to the bottom of their breakup. I knew that I needed to do this in person, without anyone knowing.

The Uber arrives, and the drive takes about 15-20 minutes, but it feels like a 5 minute drive. The dog cafè is located in Gangnam, off-the-bat I knew exactly which dog cafè Bambam was talking about last night. To be frankly honest, I was a huge ARMY, along with Chae. Before becoming a kpop idol, I heavily looked up to the Bangtan Boys, along with Got7.

Once I see the sign that reads DA DOG, my breath hitches. I'm seriously doing this, huh. I give my thanks to the driver, and I finally walk inside. I immediately get attacked by numerous dogs, panting, barking, and slobbering at my feet. I laugh out loud while petting every single one I'm able to. I look around the cafè, empty.

"Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to Da Dog," a worker greets me at the cash register. I smile back, "Kamsahamnida" I reply as I walk up towards him. I guess I'm the first customer. I check the time again 10:17 am, I sigh in relief at my phone before looking back up at the barista.

"You're our first customer for today, here's a coupon you can use now or later," he smiles, "what will you be having today?" I look at the coupon, I'm guaranteed one dessert if I buy a hot drink. My lips curve up into a soft smile behind my mask. Today's breakfast will be good.

"I'll use this coupon. Can I have the caramel french vanilla latte with the strawberry chocolate waffles?" I say as I look up at the menu. "Araso, anything else miss?" he replies. "Extra sweet on the latte please." I say with an airy giggle, as he grins and nods.

I sit down at a table far from the front, all the way in the back. I didn't want to be noticed by Jungkook in any way. I knew he was either gonna sit somewhere in the front or at the balcony, so I sat somewhere that had a perfect view of both positions. After a few minutes, my drink and waffles come, and at this point I almost forget why I came here in the first place.

Ring! That is until I hear the sounds of the bells from the door of the cafè entrance. I secretly look up to see a tall, masculine figure crouched down at the floor, petting the dogs as I did earlier. He's wearing all black, besides the infamous Timberland boots he so adores. The male unbuttons his long dark dress coat and takes off his scarf covering his mouth. My eyes slightly widen as I gulp, he's actually here.

My eyes stay glued to the movements of Jungkook walking up to the cash register, and I faintly hear him and the barista conversating. I see his eyes widen as he lifts up one eyebrow in confusion or curiosity. A slight frown appears on his face, as he glances around the cafè. A second before his gaze lands on me, I quickly put my mask up while turning my back away from him, pretending that I'm looking for something in my bag behind me. I guess he was surprised that he wasn't the first customer. Understandable, idols either arrive to public places first or last to avoid fans.

I slowly turn back around while glancing back up to him, as I see him holding an iced americano and a caramel frappuccino. Cold drinks on a day like this? Who's the other drink for? I scoff to myself. In the meantime, he plays with the dogs while going on his phone. I softly smile as there's also a dog laying on the floor against my feet, looking like it's drifting to sleep.

Ring! I quickly glance back up to the door, seeing a tall, slim figure walk into the vicinity. A female, dressed in shades of beige and brown. She looked comfortable, yet still so elegant. I notice her eye-smiles once she spots Jungkook playing with the dogs. "Kookie oppa!" I internally cringe. I see her take off her face mask and my eyes double in size once I see the face of the female.

"Hello, Tzuyu-ah."

༉‧₊˚✧

-hey my peaches <3
i hope you guys like the first chapter! i'd love feedback and comments from you guys to see your reactions hehe
i'm so excited for the plot of this book, as i finally rekindled my love for writing :)
votes, comments, and shares are always appreciated! thank you ^^

i purple you guys 💜
strong power thank u.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
819K 32.9K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.5M 26.1K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
366K 32K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)