Ace ✔️

By JanelleeXOXO

Alexandra Grace, the best nurse in New York is asked to relocate and work full time for the young multi-milli... More

~Introduction~
Best in New York
Mr. Anderson!
No Filter
Im Ace
7 years
Out of your mind
Excuse me?
Gone
Lets go
Doesn't feel real
Your fault
Missing
Rudeness
Forever
New start
Anderson Tech
You fucked up man
Icy blue eyes
Beginning
I could get used to this...
Beautiful
Rainbow
The Forgotten Scarf
Friends
Not a mistake...
Be with You
Goodnight
Scars
Emotions
Come with me
All I have
50 million
Gunshot
You Already Know
Nothing
Back from the dead
Just the beginning
My office
Deal
That Bitch
Dinner Date
Stood me up
Ring
Like your eyes
Ecstasy
Put on a shirt
Crazy for you
In his arms
Security Cameras
Flaming
On time
Sweatpants
Greece
So this is love
Blissful
Lost
Alone
Germany
Graveyard
Nursery
Smile on my face
Promise
She's so beautiful
Surprises
Butterflies
Scarlett
Orange Juice.
Together

Green for Growth

49.4K 1.5K 183
By JanelleeXOXO

Alex's POV

Watching as the sun begins to set, we decide it's time to finally head back home. We walk back to the car and I can't help but smile at how relaxed I feel. I was stress-free for once. His presence felt like a blanket of comfort that kept me safe from my doubts.

"Liam" I call out as we walk closer to the car

"Hm?"

"Thank you for taking me here...It was nice taking the time to slow down. With work, everything just seems so fast-paced. I don't think I ever have the time to breathe" I say nervously.

"No problem Anderson," he says, abruptly stopping by the car door all up on my face

"I enjoyed spending time wi-...with nature" I hesitate as the palms of my hands began to sweat, feeling his breath on me as we were so close together

Our eyes meet and we take a long pause, Liam begins to come closer.

I stand there, stunned, closing my eyes, he picks out a leaf that was stuck in my hair.

"Now you may go in..." he opens the door like the gentleman he is.

Or maybe it's just part of his job...

.....

The next morning I wake up getting ready for work like any other weekday. After a long day at work, I get excited after my last meeting indicating it was time to go home. As I am rushing out of my office, I'm stopped by Sarah my PA.

"Alex, just a reminder  that you have a scheduled appointment this evening to try on dresses for the gala," she says

"Are you kidding me?! That's today!" I ask with exhaustion

Just when I thought I could finally go home. And not to mention-I HATE trying on dresses!

UGH.

"I'm sorry miss but the gala is in less than a week and you need to find a dress," she says

"I understand, thanks Sarah" I say and head to the elevator.

Disappointed, I stood there waiting for the elevator to arrive. Looking down at my phone, the elevator rings. As it opened, I noticed a tall, charming, and robust man in a suit who seemed like one of those perfect guys any girl would want.

It was David Zay, the head of Anderson tech after me (the owner). Ace left him in charge to run things, he was one of the few he trusted.

If it wasn't for David, Anderson Tech would not have been able to stay on its feet.

I walk in the elevator, pressing the button to the ground floor, expecting Liam to be down there waiting for me.

There was a minute of silence before David Zay decided to break it.

"Miss Anderson...how are you doing this evening?" he says with his dark-toned, deep voice that always seemed to give me chills.

"I'm...doing just fine David. How about yourself?"

"You know, same old. I received an invitation for the Gala. It's next week correct?" he questioned me.

It almost felt like an interrogation. The sound of his voice just felt so professional and secure. I tend to find myself nervous around him quite often.

"Yes, that would be correct" I replied, trying to sound as professional as he did.

"A year has already gone by...time really does fly especially when you've always got things to work on"

"Yeah...seems so"

The elevator doors open and I notice Liam has not arrived yet. David follows out and we continue with our conversation.

"Well, we've accomplished quite a lot. Anderson tech is moving on to greater things"

"I'm glad" I gulp

"It's nice to move forward, isn't it?"

"I suppose" I look into his hazel eyes, wondering what he's up to.

"Anywho, it was nice seeing you. We barely have the chance to speak. Maybe we can grab dinner tomorrow after work, we can catch up"

"That would be..." I notice from the corner of my eye, Liam standing at the window.

"...Lovely"

"Great. I'll see you around" he says before turning away

I walk over to the doors and I'm greeted by the one and only....Liam

"Sorry I'm late, traffic was bad" he says opening the door

"No worries!"

"Sarah told me we're going to the dress store?" he asks

I nodded as we went on with our way.

......

We arrive at the boutique and we go in. I've never really been a fan of dress shopping, maybe it's because I never really had any occasions to wear dresses to up until I became Ms. Anderson....

The hair, the makeup, dressing up, heels ugh.. It just wasn't me.

But really...nothing this past year has screamed 'me' so I just had to go along with it.

"Welcome Ms. Anderson to Leanne's Boutique" the formal mature silver-haired lady at the front says as she walks towards Liam and I.

"My name is Tracy and I will be helping you find the perfect dress this lovely evening, shall we get started?" she continues

Liam and I follow her to the collection of dresses and we start to look around.

"Is there a specific style you are looking for?" she asks me

"Um..not really. Just, something simple. Not too crazy" I answer

"Alrighty then, I'll let you look around and let me know if there is anything specific you want me to grab" she says with a smile

I start to look through the collection of dresses and notice Liam just standing there.

"Well help me find something" I turn to him

"Me?" he answers confused

"....Yes Liam, you. Help me"

He helps me look through the dresses. Nothing really caught my eye. They were all either too revealing, too shiny, too short, too long.

After 15 minutes of looking, I take a seat on a chair letting out a puff

"I can't do this. I give up" I sigh

"What about this?" Liam asks showing me a dress

I stand up and examine it. It was an emerald green off the shoulder dress with a dark tone and slit that emphasized elegance. It wasn't too revealing but at the same time, it was sexy....

"Try it on" he says

I take the dress from him and go to the dressing room to try it on. Tracy assists me with the dress and she zips it up, luckily it was a perfect fit so it didn't need any alterations. I put on some heels and exit the dressing room. I walk to the platform with the mirrors and examine the dress. It was beautiful.

I turn around and realize Liam standing behind me. He hadn't made a single sound when I was examining the dress. He looked as though he was stunned.

"So...how does it look?" I ask him as I place the strands of my hair aside that hung over my face.

Liam completely shuts his mouth, jaw dropped.

"You look beautiful...It. It looks beautiful" he corrects  himself

Yeah...He was definitely stunned.

I let out a little chuckle before continuing to speak.

The dress looked perfect. It hugged around my body and emphasized my curves, but not in a "too-much" kind of way. It spoke elegance. And the colour seemed appropriate.

Green, for growth. A new beginning.

"I think this is it" I say

"DEAR it looks gorgeous on you! YOU MUST GET THIS ONE!" Tracy yells from across the room as she busts through the doors abruptly with two or three dresses hanging over her shoulders and her glasses tilted.

"Agreed...Well then, I guess we should check this out" I say with a smile, a little startled, questioning her formality.

"OKAY, OKAY. Let me get that for you sweetie" Tracy exclaims with her flared eyes that captured my attention. The distance between the both of us seemed too close, I could see her left eye twitching underneath her tilted glasses.

"Uh- Don't you need to put the other dresses dow-"

"No...NO" Tracy clears her throat, not realizing how crazy she looked with the dresses on her shoulders dragging on the ground.

Tracy continued to help me get out of the dress, still, with the other dresses on her shoulders. I was kind of confused why she left them there, knowing that it would be a lot more efficient to place them down.

I step outside of the changing room, looking for Liam. Tracy followed me, now with four dresses hanging over her head and mine in hand.

I turn to Liam and see him trying to hold in his laughter.

"Okay then..." I shut my lips sealed trying to do the same as Liam, proceeding to the checkout.

"Thank you for shopping at Leanne's Boutique!" Tracy exclaimes, now with a husky voice and a big bright smile that showed off her blue tooth that I haven't noticed from the beginning.

"No, thank YOU" Liam replies with a slight giggle, giving me the side eye, smirking

...
After purchasing the dress, Liam and I walk back to the car.

"Well, that was interesting..." Liam says with his charming voice

"That was something all right" I answer, laughing

"I never really understood why she left all of those dresses on her. There were plenty of places where she could have hung them"

"Yeah...Quite the multi-tasker" I smile.

--
What did you guys think about Tracy? Appearance vs reality am I right?
Also....David Zay mhmm something gonna happen there? But Liam... aw he picks out her gala dress how cute!

Well... more to come so make sure to vote and comment on what you think
Happy reading
Bye for now 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 3.5K 29
"What the hell! What was that for? You just bloody broke my nose." "Really? I'm sorry I missed my shot because I was planning on breaking your face."...
505K 17.2K 40
Iris Giorgianni is no ordinary girl. She's living a double life: a neglected daughter at home, but a fighter on the streets. As the leader of The San...
4.6M 127K 56
Ace Emerson is the most hot, sexy, and arrogant playboy in New York. He is ruthless when it comes to business and women. He has gone through women li...
1.6M 49.8K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...