The Yoruba Boys Syndrome (TYB...

By Thisspecie

Kiss a few frogs to find your prince they said, Olamide Matthews was tired of kissing frogs. Whoever came up... More

Operation Stay Away From Yoruba Boys
Nights Like This
Strangers
Craving chinese
Men Magnet
Tommy
THYBG
1am
Neighbours
Late nights
Stay out
December
Insecure
Comfortable
Closer
Wanna know
Christmas
Good Company
Boo'd up
Deep
Meet the parents
Big news
The end?
Rather be
Mornings with you
Operation run away from feelings
Hausa Prince?
The office
Date night
Sharon
Chris
Tommy
It's a wrap
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Jude

2.5K 435 62
By Thisspecie

UNEDITED!!!

Two weeks had passed and Ola had been speaking to Jude, he honestly wasn't bad. Well he should actually be thanking Chris for telling her to give him a chance. Tomorrow was going to be their first date, Ola wasn't nervous because she knew that tomorrow would reveal if he honestly was worth the reply.
They had been talking a lot, Ola wasn't sure if she should blame it on the boredom or if he was genuinely interesting.
Deep down Ola was praying for a flop, because the guys first impression already threw her off.

"If he should try and show off again, I'd honestly ask him what he has because I don't understand", Ola said to Chris while trying to do the dishes.

"But what did he do wrong?, He's just trying to show you that he'd take care of you", Chris said serving her plate for the third time today.

Chris was a glutton normally but this pregnancy was increasing her appetite. It was a little scary.

"Chris one day you'd eat us", Mide chuckled as he watched his wife take the third plate of rice.
Luckily for Mide, Chris ignored him this time. Her mood swings had been unbearable, Mide was so close to leaving the house at one point because he couldn't do it anymore.

"She's eating for your baby, don't be insensitive ", Ola said.

"I should get going now, it is game night with the boys", Mide stood up adjusting his shirt and giving Chris a kiss on her forehead.

Ola internally sighed because she really loved their love. It was so genuine. They had started dating since their last year in high school, Ola remembered how Chris had a crush on Mide for the longest time and how she was stoked to find out that he felt the same way. They dated for 6 years, talk about commitment.
Knowing how much a handful her friend was, she knew that Mide genuinely loved her.

"Does your friend leave close by?", Mide had to think of a quick lie because he already promised Tommy and these women were the inquisitive type, meaning that they'd not let him go until he answers all their questions.

"Well not really, we're watching the game at a bar today".

"Oh, you're so sweet, so you dropped Chris off first before going there, I love love", Ola said, making heart gestures with her hands.

"Yeah, I would be back to pick Chris up, please watch over my angel and make sure she doesn't eat anymore", Mide said after letting out a sigh.

Technically he hadn't lied, there was a bar close to Tommy's new crib.

Ola and Chris had settled in the living room, trying to figure out what to watch on Netflix. She kept on scrolling, finally handing the remote to Chris because she didn't deem anything worthy. She was interrupted from her mini argument with Chris on who was a better actor, Idris Elba or Chris hemsworth by sound of her phone ringing. It was Jude calling.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"How was work today? ".

"I didn't go today".

"Any reason in particular?".

"It was a beautiful day to sleep in".
Jude laughed at Ola's joke.

"I was just calling to find out if tomorrow was still happening, and if you didn't suddenly develop cold feet".

"Lai se wedding", (meaning when it is not a wedding).

"Give it 2 years from now".
Ola was shocked at the fact that he was already thinking future when they had not even had their first date. She hadn't even thought about tomorrow but he was already making wedding plans.

Ola let out a mocking laugh. He didn't hear it or maybe he chose to ignore it.

"Till tomorrow then, goodbye".

Ola cut the call and turned to Chris. Chris was too engrossed in the nonsense show she had picked.

Ola fought herself from bringing up a lie and cancelling with Jude. So many possible lies were popping into her thoughts unannounced, she was so tempted to stay at home and waste it watching Netflix with home made popcorn.

She hadn't even picked her outfit yet. She decided she was going to pick the first thing that came to her mind because she didn't want to seem like she was trying too hard. Jude would arrive in the next one hour and she hadn't showered.

She sashayed in her robe to her mini walk in closet and tried to pick an easy fit. After much debate with her comfy self and slay queen self, she decided on a army green play suit that had cold shoulder cut out detailing, a choker style neckline, a little cleavage on display. She paired it with her Steve Madden white shoes and a little white purse.

Ola clapped her hands and smiled in awe of her fashion sense.
Ola had thirty minutes left to get dressed. "It's like he'd wait small because I don't think I'd be ready". Ola said to herself

She quickly showered and wore her dress and shoes.
Sitting in front of the dresser she picked up her brushes and started to work on her face. The sound of her phone getting a notification threw her off balance and she made a mistake on the second liner, silently whispering cuss words.
She took a glance at the message it was Jude notifying her that he was almost at her place.

Ola had kept Jude waiting in the car for 10 minutes. She wasn't going to invite a stranger into her home, she had seen too many crime movies to know that you do not let a stranger into your home. She knew the 411 of it.
Finally she came out of her house, carefully locking the door and stepping into Jude's car.

Jude let out a sigh and placed his hands on the steering wheel, looking at Ola like she was a piece of meat. Ola didn't like it at all, she always felt uncomfortable when men gawked at her.

"You look really really lovely", Jude said still staring at her.

"Thank you very much, you don't look bad yourself", Ola said staring at him for a short period, noticing his outfit. He looked clean, he wore black and white striped pants with a black short sleeved shirt which he left unbuttoned to display his chest area.
The ride wasn't all that bad, small talks were made here and there.

The restaurant they were going to was at least 25 minutes away from Ola's place so she knew she could jet if the night went sour.

They arrived at the restaurant and this time, Jude got down and ran to her side to open the door. She rolled her eyes but smiled.
The restaurant was cute and had a rustic look to it. She was definitely going to come here again but with Chris for her instagram pictures because it's been a while she flexed on the gram.

The sat near the window. Ola smiled because she liked window seats.
"Might I ask what is making you smile?"

"Please can you drop the formality", Ola chuckled a little

"I just like window seats and I smiled because we're sitting at one"

They sat across each other and got to ordering right away.
The food was going to take about 10 minutes to arrive, giving them time to talk.

"So I'm really glad you said yes to this date. What made you say yes?", Jude said, folding his hands across his chest and flexing his biceps.

"Well technically my friend Chris took my phone and replied yes but since you already replied I couldn't delete the message".

"Ouch, you couldn't even lie", he let out a little laugh.

"Aren't we supposed to be a little honest on the first date?", Ola asked playing with the fork on the table.

"Well in that case, I have to leave my lying shoes at the door, excuse me please", Jude said standing up but was stopped by Ola

"Please no need for that, thank you", they both laughed. Their laughter was cut short by the waiter arriving with their food.

"This smells good", Jude said picking up his fork and tasting the food.

The date had gone really well, Ola had not expected it too seeing as he kept on showing his "possessions". Chris was right about him just trying to show her that he could take care of her.

Ola recalled how she had tried sharing the bill in the restaurant and he said no because he asked her. She didn't like it, it had been long she been on a date probably so she was used to paying for her meals.

After that date, Ola and Jude had hung out 4 more times and she didn't like him enough to date him yet but he was potential. They had been talking everyday too, so she was going to probably develop feelings soon.

Today he had leaned in for a kiss and she politely declined him because she didn't want to lead him on and she had to be sure about her feelings before jumping into anything.

Although she didn't want to admit it but a part of her didn't want to decline the kiss because she was horny and she just wanted to see if she'd have gotten butterflies if she had kissed him.

"I'd keep trying everyday until you finally agree", Jude said smiling and then turning back to return to his car.

"You might get lucky tomorrow", Ola said waving goodbye.

"Definitely coming over tomorrow for a movie, thank God it's a Sunday tomorrow", Jude said waving back and starting his engine.

She waited till he left her front yard, she saw another car pass by, she could have sworn she saw Tommy in the car driving.

Ola thought she was probably hallucinating because she hadn't eaten today, but if she was hallucinating, why Tommy?, she thought.

Ola shook her head and turned around slowly entering her apartment and locking the door behind.

She was thinking of getting one of those electric door locks because this locking door thing was starting to tire her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88K 3.6K 41
"I'm not afraid of you," I tried to say confidently. He smirked while placing his hands on my hips. My breathing stopped for a few seconds but then...
61.5K 686 11
Hey, all! I'm back but with Sonic the Hedehog lemon. I thought of doing this just for fun or incase I'm bored. You all can request me whatever you li...
15.6K 2.5K 30
"You know you are not getting any younger. You need to settle down for God's sake. Your sisters are all tied down to their men but yet here you are w...
210 35 8
Stephanie Darasimi Ajayi is a 27 year old freelance interior designer in Lagos, Nigeria. At that age, with no prospective husband, everyone starts to...