๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐ˆ ๐…๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐ ๐‹๏ฟฝ...

By _hatake

"๐š†๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐™ธ ๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐š• ๐š’๐š— ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐šœ๐š ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ, ๐™ธ ๐š๐š’๐š๐š—'๐š ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š” ๐š’๐š ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๏ฟฝ... More

Prologue: Bad Romance
One: Goodnight N Go
Two: Life After Love
Three: Bye My First
Four: Marutsuke (Checking the Answers)
Five: I Have A Lover
Six: If It Is You (1)
Seven: If It Is You (2)
Eight: One More Time, One More Chance
Epilogue: May I Ask

Nine: BEFORE LOVE CAME TO KILL US

372 23 4
By _hatake

"For a moment at least I know
You were mine and it was beautiful
But winter comes and roses don't survive"

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

After that day, he never went near that cafe, despite having an uncomfortably large desire to do so. The familiar shine in her lilac irises bringing back so many memories. It was enough to draw him back into that loophole of being painfully, yet blissfully enticed to her. It was often he'd wonder if now that they were more mature, would they hit it off again? Would they be able to feel those feelings again?

He never said it aloud, but he always lamented over the shit he used to say to her, especially when he was annoyed. Tsukishima achingly realized how he had no filter. He still didn't have a filter, but learned to control it as he knew his foul words wouldn't aid to his future.

Now, maybe a year and a half did them both justice. They got exposure to the real world and had to grasp to the new way of living; of having to be on their own and balancing their chaotic lives.

Suddenly feeling his emotions take charge, he knew there was no escape. He always used his head—only believed what was in front of his eyes—until Kohari came around. It was like a foreign side of him came out. And it only came out when she had some kind of relation to his problem.

As the male laid in his bed on a slow, procrastination-filled Sunday, he swung himself up and off his bed, deciding he'd go on a run to clear his head and after, do something productive. He changed out of his lounge clothes, splashing his face with water and brushing his teeth.

As he slipped on his shoes, he felt a 'twang' in his gut; as if something was about to happen.

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

Her choked sobs made Yamaguchi feel guilty for Kohari. They were in the volleyball room and Kohari was having a mental break. He managed to calm her down, but her sniffles and tear-soaked eyes said enough.

"I'm sorry, Taira-chan, I don't know why he's being like that." The freckled boy muttered.

Kohari wiped her tear stained cheeks with the back of her hands. "It's not your fault, Yamaguchi-kun. I know I did something, but I don't know what... I didn't think he'd be acting so childish."

It shook almost everybody when they saw the blond male not acting snarky to one of his fangirls, instead, he was oddly indifferent; sometimes even flirting back.

The ravenette placed her hands on each side of her head, displaying how stressed she was. Her nose was so clogged it was getting hard to breathe, and the anxiety that began to eat at her wasn't helping either.

"What did I do, Yamaguchi-kun?" She said, "What did I do?" The quieter repeat of what she just said made Yamaguchi's mood drop. He felt so bad.

"All I did was say 'let's go' when him and Haiba-kun were about to get into a fight. I hate it when people fight..." She whimpered, hiding her face in her behind her knees.

Yamaguchi rubbed her back, not knowing exactly how to comfort his best friend's girlfriend.

Geez... Tsukki... what's gotten into you? He thought, because just a couple months ago, Tsukishima was practically all tsundere-heart-eyes for her. Yet, now, he was just being a complete dumbass, and even Yamaguchi couldn't defend him.

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

It was very blue outside and Kohari didn't want to waste it. Her apartment had been making her feel slightly suffocated lately, and she wanted to clear up her senses a bit.  Grabbing a book that sat at the bottom of her bed, she clenched it between her side and arm as she slid her shoes on. 

Taking a quick glance in her mirror, she smoothed out her hair, shoved her phone into her back pocket, then grabbed her keys and a thin sweater, before heading out.

Yet, her gut instincts were odd.  She bit her lip, looking at her doorknob as she stood right outside of her apartment.

Maybe it's the stress... Kohari pushed her thoughts aside, shoving her key into the keyhole and locking her door.  She put the lanyard over her head and pivoted, walking to where the elevators were.

She hugged the small book tight to her chest with an arm, running a hand through her bob-cut hair. 

The ravenette sighed loudly.  She missed being a high schooler... the easy life where she passed all her assignments with flying colours; when her and Tsukishima were on good terms.  The school she attended in Sapporo was the equivalent to the military, in her opinion.

She always wondered what would've happened if she didn't go to Sapporo.  Would her and Tsukishima make proper amends?  Would she have enjoyed her final year at Karasuno?

It was far too late to regret, anyway.  And now, she was at the mercy of the real world, barely getting by with her monthly pay check.

"Ah, to be young."

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

"Good job on placing first for exams."  Tsukishima said, handing the female an iced coffee.  She happily took it, her slender fingers and his calloused brushing against each other briefly.

Both turned a light shade of pink; the boy turned his head away.

"Thank you.  You got fourth right?  That's really good, Tsukishima-kun."  Kohari said, giving him a gentle smile.

His lips pressed into a thin line, before he replied with an awkward grin of his own.  "It's not that big of a deal."

She hummed, opening the can and taking a sip.  "It's still a good milestone.  Our semester was packed."

"You say that like it was hard for you."  He teased, eyes watching as her lips curled into a mischievous smile.

"I said 'packed,' not 'hard.'"  Kohari corrected, teasing him back.

And only one thought was in his head at that moment:  I want her to be my girlfriend.

He shook his head to get the looming thought of out his mind.  He'd obviously ask her out sometime soon, but he felt like it was still too early.  Be patient, you ass... he thought to himself.

"Tsukishima-kun?"  The male heard, looking down at her slightly tilted head, lavender pools luring him in as her vibrant lips were set ajar, unintentionally tempting him.  It also didn't help how her shampoo smelled so good.  "Are you okay?"

He nodded, his throat suddenly feeling dry as he broke their gaze.  "Y—yeah.  I'm good, my bad."

As the girl looked up at the boy, she couldn't help her thumping heart as she had the temptation to move closer—be nearer to him.  His taut and sharp jaw strangely attractive to the female.  Suddenly, she felt his large hand gently grasp onto her head, turning her head so she was so longer looking at him.

She flushed bright pink, embarrassed.

I was totally staring...

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

His breaths were audible and ragged as his shoes kissed the path beneath.  Sweat beaded down his forehead as he made his way deeper into the park.  The male swallowed dryly, this throat craving for water.  He held off, knowing there was a water fountain a few metres from where he was.

As he approached, he saw the familiar open park resting hut.  It was usually empty because it was old and weary, but today, someone was there.

Their hair was short and dark, seemingly to barely pass their jaw.  Their smooth, pale arms were exposed from the blouse they wore, their feminine hands grasping a book.

He stopped.  Amber irises going wide as he realized who it was.  He moved forward, knowing she hadn't realized he was there yet.  Tsukishima scowled, why was he being so cautious?

Lazily, he picked up his feet and stopped at the water fountain beside the hut, bending down as he pressed the side.  The cool, fresh water kissed his once parched throat.

When he stood straight, his wiped his mouth with his sleeve, meeting the unreadable lavender pools that belonged to none other than his first-love, Taira Kohari.

And he couldn't help but feel the cliché emotion known as heartache.  His chest tightened at the sight of her, the sad reality of coming to terms with the fact that he missed her bad, crashing down on him.

And like some kind of sick romance movie, it was like both of them began to get nasty flashbacks, memories of each other flashing through their minds and going by in a blur.

It wasn't until Kohari stood up, that he realized his world was no longer frozen.  He stood stock still, his body stuck as he watched her brush by him.

Parting his lips, he breathed out, finally catching his breath.

"Koh—I mean.. Taira.. hold on."

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

Song:
KILL US — Jessie Reyez

That flashback where Tsukki and her talked about exams was prior to when he asked her out. I'm sure it was obvious, I just wanted to make it super clear. Hopefully it's not too confusing because I just wanted to put in that little wholesome scene.

What are your thoughts?  Hehehehehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 113 33
*. โ‹†หšโ™กThe wrong person to loveโ™กหšโ‹† . * : อ€ฬ—โž›A story about how you had to deal with your crush, that apperantly isn't the best option to loveโ™ก. Sadly...
89.2K 3.9K 35
Running into eachother. Watching their smile grow for eachother. Falling in love. It was never to be expected. Y/n l/n is a first year at Tokyo Unive...
1.1K 24 30
[DISCLAIMER: I was like 13 when i wrote this so the plot and development between the characters is very poorly written. You have been warned.] ๐Š๐—ผ๐ข...
292K 14.9K 40
"๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐”๐†๐‹๐˜. ๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐”๐๐‚๐”๐“๐„." "๐ˆ...๐ƒ๐ˆ๐ƒ๐'๐“ ๐€๐’๐Š." "๐’๐„๐„? ๐’๐Ž ๐”๐๐‚๐”๐“๐„." โ”€ ๐—ธ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฎ๏ฟฝ...